Every time

>it's another Kurt is a totally cool and likeable character until you realize he's a despicable villain film

Was he in the wrong here? What would YOU have done in his position?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h4aujTbe7_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He did nothing wrong

>tfw he was supposed to be Adam Warlock

>Celestials are embodiments of universal ideals, concepts and emotions
>Names Ego

Gee, I fucking wonder...

He destroyed a Dairy Queen.

i would've just brought my human waifu to live on my surface

>i killed your mother because i loved her too much

It's like asking if a virus is culpable. That's "Ego," ever expanding. But the father son stuff was well done all in all, made better by Kurt being so goddamned endearing.

>he likes Dairy Queen
I wonder how much they paid Marvel only to have their restaurant get eaten by the Kurtblob.

Do you think they ever walk in on teen groot masturbating haha just wondering lol

He killed her because if he didn't, he wouldn't have fulfilled his purpose.
Trees reproduce in ways different to animals, so no.

>Kurt will never eat my ass out before delivering a fat load of babybatter deep into my guts

youtube.com/watch?v=h4aujTbe7_A

so wait he gave his wife a tumor that conveniently didn't kill her until she had a full grown kid? why didn't he just wait til peter was born and take him himself?
if he wasn't planning on her having a kid and found out later, why didn't he kill her instantly?

loving someone too much can kill you and in the case of Ego if he doesn't go back to his planet then he dies

watch in the third movie they're in there will be some callback reference to an unseen event of such a nature as quips when groot is an adult, that "awkward teen phase" or some shit, jackson pollack, etc.

I actually felt bad for ego, he had one purpose in life, and he did his best to do it. He is probably true neutral on the alignment chart

>so wait he gave his wife a tumor that conveniently didn't kill her until she had a full grown kid?
They were treating her tumor so that's why she lasted so long.

>why didn't he just wait til peter was born and take him himself?
if he wasn't planning on her having a kid and found out later, why didn't he kill her instantly?
Because he loved her and didn't want to kill her with his own hands while also not wanting to see her dying.

name 2 other movies that do this

He was like this in death proof also.

killing innocent people and fucking with them != true neutral

seems kinda stupid. should've just stayed with his wife and waited til she died if he lives for a gorillion years

he wasn't a villain in death proof

>why didn't hr just wait till peter was born
he doesn't know which kid will get the celestial power

Just watched it. Film fucking sucked. What a waste of time.

Thanos is trying to fuck shit up

His human avatar didn't live for so long

You could argue he should have done this but there probably was a lot more on her side (family, her homeplanet, etc) which may have leaded to it not ending well

He's not human.
He doesn't think the same way as a human does.

He's only wrong from a certain point of view.

He literally couldnt stay away from his core for that long, hence whey he has visited her only twice and put the tumor in her.

His human body is only an extention of his core

why would he risk the chance of the mom dying with the tumor before the kid was born? given that he has an infinite lifespan and the cave full of dead bodies, he should be checking thoroughly to see if peter had the power or not considering IT'S HIS WHOLE FUCKING PLAN

Stuntman Mike did literally nothing wrong. All the women in that movie were unlikable cunts who deserved to die. If for no other reason that because I had to sit through 2 hours of non-stuntman-mike scenes.

He has reserves

(you)

tfw no scene where in Ego is escaping Galactus.

Top tier cape film, minor complaint would be the insistent need to undercut emotional plot beats with cynical quips, it's effective almost everyone on the crew is overcompensating, but gets a little grating, as does a bit of Drax's characterization in that he's only played for laughs which don't always land. Everything else felt like a cosmic crossover/run on screen, very good.

Just face it, it was a bad movie. But that car chase was pure fucking kino.

We won't deny Marvel is very weak on their villains in the MCU, but what do you think of Ego?

He sure is one of the few memorable villains for me.

he has billion kids scattered around the fucking universe

honestly, I'm with you dude

Nigger tier dad

No he collects them all

He collected them all but they all failed, with exception to Peter who Yondu stole.

yeah i know but I'm talking about Ego putting tumor on StarMom and if not treated killing Peter with her, so what if Peter dies? He has reserves and remember he doesn't know who has the Celestial power.

I know it was a bad movie. That's what I'm saying. It was like 30 minutes total of 10/10 Kurt Kino separated by 2 fucking hours of "girl talk(tm)" by the most unlikable cunts imaginable.

It's like a gemstone hidden in a bucket of shit. It'd be great if someone recut the movie so that it's just the bare minimum girl talk bullshit.

he wouldn't say "fuck it, I got reserves"
he would be desperately checking each one, you headcanon pushing autist

The idea was that the tumor would kill her after Peter was born, since it usually takes a while. He probably figured out the math well enough, that by the time she died Peter would already be born and somewhat grown.
He just didn't think Yondu would keep Peter instead of delivering him.

The girltalk was alright, plus it provided some impressive action sequences.

>he would be desperately checking
he didn't though stop replying to me you stupid namefag

if he was that smart and calculated, he wouldn't have needed to kill her. he's EGO

so it's either bad writing or he's out of character

gotg2 was fucking boring as shit

He's really fucking old. 6 years is like a blink.

He had two driving factors- his love for StarMom, and his purpose. He had to choose one, and he chose purpose.

His purpose would have kill her anyways later on, and remember he wanted to run away from that. Killing her well before was the only way to "cleanly" accomplish that in his mind, you can tell when he tries to explain his reasoning before Peter starts shooting.

>this desperate for (you)s

RIP Yondu

>the first scene of the movie is product placement
Man, fuck that. And this is coming from a 370 pound roll of chocolate chip whooppy dough

this, honestly

I think they handle the product placement well enough, considering nearly every product was destroyed and the only surviving product was a Microsoft Zune which they made fun of.

animals are true neutral even if they genocide other species

>tfw I read your comment as "Ego gaping Galactus"

so he could've just waited out his wife's lifespan
it's more admirable than murder and time means nothing

>leaving her alone on another planet her whole lifespan instead of just ending right then and there

Does he die in the end like every other marvel villain bar loki?

I don't think so

It's pretty much a given, although he has more development and charisma than some

It's a more meaningful fight than every other Marvel film, but I do think his death is confirmed since Peter loses his powers.

There is no good reason to keep the majority of villains around.

I don't think you know how to read

>why didn't he wait for her to die naturally
Because he wanted to get Peter as a child, like all the others.
If he waited out her lifespan then Peter would have been much older. That's why he send Yondu out in the first place, to pick up the kids when they were young.

Yeah, comics have been doing it wrong for the last 60 years and the films based on them should distance themselves from an inarguably popular oart of the comics themselves.

Seriously, who the fuck would read spiderman if every month there's a new asshole with green face paint. Or Batman with a different clown themed villain who is not the joker every month.

Also the fact that Loki is one of the most well received villains if not characters in the MCU strictly because hes been developed over multiple films.

Kill yourself.

>I want to watch 20 movies of Spiderman fighting against the Vulture

People making Kurt Russell the bad guy need to be shot.

Different mediums user, something that is necessary for comics to stay alive for decades doesn't work the same for movies

No, i just don't want literally every single villain except for loki, across 24 fucking films at this point to die at the end, because it's predictable as fuck and boring.

he will always be a hero to me

It's still a storytelling medium. And the yin to the heros yang is the villains. Without strong, set up and explored villains (something you cannot achieve easily in one single film) it just becomes boring and predictable.

This is basic storytelling here, i don't understand why you apologists think its good that every movie ends in the same way.

Well rejoice because you still have Zemo and Loki

You must really hate stand-alone movies where everybody has 2 hours to get development and it all ends there

>movie has no black people
DROPPED

Fuckin' a right

It has gold people, though

He straight up murdered a a bunch of people for literally reason.

>implying

there's even a part where a white male/black female couple are driving away from the blue alien goo

i want to make genetically perfect half gold babies with her and play video games with her

Was she hot because she was autistic?

Just something about an unearned sense a superiority that makes me want to rail this 10 karot cunt

>Quill didn't want to bang this

'splain this Sup Forums

He wanted but then Gamora looked at him weirdly and he remembered he actually wants to do more than banging the green chick

He wanted to at a later date but Rocket ruined it by stealing the batteries. That's why he was so pissed off.

And the fight over the controls of the ship was a fight to reclaim his manhood from the trash panda

green>gold in this case, however I wonder how blue would stack up

ok....

Is he the biggest chad on the MCU?

I imagine a lot of crying would be involved with that

Maybe she can find a nice guy to settle down with in the next film? Peter and Gamora are basically confirmed, but Nebula is all by herself :(

I like Drax. His brutally honest character is refreshing and it makes his emotional moments touching. All his scenes with Mantis, all the reminders of his daughter, and that pain he still feels culminate in that one shot of him holding her body above his head in a desperate attempt to keep her alive for as long as possible. It's a pretty decent character arc. I do agree with you on the snark undercutting serious moments to be a bit annoying.

Would you watch the third movie if it included Nebula NTR?

my own criticism is that the movie was a bit too afraid to take itself seriously during the more dramatic moments

Those parts made me pretty uncomfortable and I'm glad the humor was there to quell any weirdness

about 95% of the quips were decent

uncomfortable how? they're standard movie heart to hearts

Yondu's death was actually the most sad moment and there wasn't really a quip

>That moment when Yondu puts on the OG GotG fin

>he was hiding that sick mohawk for 1.5 Guardians films