Bendis Invincible Iron Man

Its been almost 9 months since this came out what is the consensus on this?

Is it a good Iron Man book was anything of value done this run?

Also where does it rank among Bendis' books is it better/worse than his X-Men? his Avengers?

Iron Man is cool, and so are you.

Is the first arc even over yet?

FACIAL HAIR BROS, LMAO!

Nope.

>was anything of value done this run?
come on now, you still think anything ever happens in Bendis books? He's a lord master writer of the off-panel technique.

Is "Superior Iron Man" canon to this?
is it a continuation? I need to know

No on both accounts.

It takes place after Superior Iron Man, but we don't know how he turned back to normal yet.

>but we don't know how he turned back to normal yet.
So it is canon? I hope we don't get a weak cop out like "it was a bad dream"
?

>it's been almost 9 months
I was going to call BS on this but I can't believe it after I looked it up.
>Superior Iron Man is from 2014
>Secret Wars 2 is already a year old

Where does the time go. Anyway, did they reintroduce Arno yet?

Yes it's canon. Why wouldn't it be? Most likely, when Reed and Franklin remade the universe, they brought Tony back as his normal self.

>Secret Wars 2 is already a year old
You mean Secret Wars 4.

To add to this, the Superior armor showed up in one of the first issues of Bendis's run a few months ago, and Sabertooth is still inverted, and the Uncanny Avengers are still gunning for Red Skull.

It's just that nothing was explained about how Tony returned to normal. Considering that Bendis is writing it, he'll either never bring it up in the first place, or dedicate a long, drawn out arc a few years from now to elaborate on how that happened in a needlessly convoluted manner.

Secret War has nothing to do with Secret Wars, the name was just Bendis being Bendis.

See the thing is I don't really read comics, I only bought the Superior Iron man comics(and watched the extremis motion comic) because I really liked the Iron man movies. So thanks mate I'll just pick up from here

I know, that's why I didn't call it Secret Wars 5. Secret Wars 3 was when it was revealed that Molecule Man and cosmic cubes got their powers from the Beyonders.

I stopped reading at the second facial hair bros with Doctor Strange.

So does this applies to all of Marvel's series pre-SW? I read Spidey up until Spider-verse, and then dropped it for a while. Am I safe to assuem nothing after that amd befre the rebot matters? That storyline with Black Cat doesn't matter now?

>To add to this, the Superior armor showed up in one of the first issues of Bendis's run
I read issue 1 because I got it free and never followed up. I'm very happy to hear that the Superior Armor survived, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that that was a choice made by artist rather than Bendis. Infact I bet Bendis doesn't even know the armor showed up or what it was.

There was no reboot. The universe was blown up in the first issue of Secret Wars. It was recreated at the end of Secret Wars. Nothing changed other than a handful of additions from other universes getting stuck on 616.

Everything that happened pre-Secret Wars is still canon.

What happened to the ultimate universe? Are they all kill or is it just going to be assumed that everyone there's living their lives in parallel to this one?

I'd bet my car that Bendis doesn't know what Superior Iron Man was about.
He just lucked out to be able to write it after a reboot so he would have to give less of shit about continuity than usual.

It was recreated 1:1 to it's pre-SW state? Do the characters retain the memories of the event?
I don't mean to be spoon-fed, but how does this affects the Spidey book? I'm really on the edge on going back to it bc of the Spiderverse aftertaste

No one remembers Battleworld, a few people like Old Man Logan have no idea how they got onto 616, I believe we also saw Thor Odinson standing infront of Ultimate Mjolnir in Old Asguard. The book that follows up SW best is Conestest of Champions, the whole reality that made up Battleworld is the stage for the comic. Beyond that I don't think anyone knows about Secret Wars, aside from maybe Torch or Thing.

All that's changed is a few additions from other universes and an 8 month timeskip.

more importantly did it do the job of turning the character into Marvel Comics new mascot?

Nice get, and don't worry, that will jump back to Spidey here in a few years.

No storyline "'matters". Just read shit you enjoy, for the sake of enjoyment.

Have either Ben or Johnny alluded to Secret Wars?

In CoC, Battleworld was resurrected in its entirety recently.

There was an eight month time skip between the end of Secret Wars and the start of ANAD Marvel.

A lot of things haven't been explained. How did Parker Industries become a multinational success when it was lying in ruins before Secret War, for example. It's not just Iron Man.

Black Cat still evil for no fucking reason.

You're better off not reading that shit.

"No reason"??? Spock destroyed her life by ignoring Parker's truce and attacking, turning her over to the cops, and exposing her secret identity.
So no more wealthy socialite lifestyle with a side of costumed catburgler/vigilante for her.
That's called "motive".

You just got rid of what makes her interesting though. Now she's more of a catwoman knockoff than ever

These people aren't real. Stop trying to act like they are. "Motive" is what you explain in the story, not the character

If you hate Bendis like the Sup Forums hivemind decrees, then you'll probably hate this book.

If you don't mind Bendis, the book has its moments, although the decompression is even worse than usual and storylines are dropped and restarted and sometimes are oddly disjointed. It also feel like Bendis had to squeeze in a Rhodey story to kick off Civil War II, which led to the other stories being disjointed.

I like the book fine, but I'm not an Iron Man purist and the Bendis hate is not strong with me.

Fuck off, Shitt.

A) She didn't have a secret identity. She's always been public.

B) She wasn't a socialite. She never had a wealthy socialite lifestyle. For fuck's sake, she was happy dating Flash Thompson for a while.

C) She knows it was Otto and not Pete, and yet she's all YOU BWOKE MY NOSE DIE DIE DIE even though that's irrational, illogical and highly OOC for Felicia.

So again: FUCK OFF.

>but we don't know how he turned back to normal yet.
Secret Wars?

It sort of showed up again in contest of champions but for the most part it's dead

There's an eight month timeskip after Secret Wars. So we have no idea what happened during the timeskip. Lke how did Parker Industries became a multinational success when it was lying in pieces right before SW? Same for Tony, we don't know why Stark Industries is failing now and why the ANAD Avengers are training in a decrepit warehouse and how Tony became un-inverted.

now I miss superior iron man, thanks for reminding me user

To everyone on Earth except possibly T'Challa and Doom, they remember that everything was about to end, and then a period of time that no one can remember where they know that "Reed, Sue, Franklin, and Valeria died to save everything" but don't know what that means or how they did it. They all think they died saving reality since everything just kinda went to an unfucked state.

Of course, they didn't really die. Reed became God and they stayed with him to help remake the multiverse.

For it to come back, Franklin and Reed would have to remake it, and quite frankly, it's a little too edgy for a Franklin-made universe. Maybe they'll get to it once Franklin becomes a teenager.

Stop insisting that comic writers have to be complete hacks.
Retconning away every character development that moves that character past their original concept all for the sake of complacency is idiotic.
And so is avoiding the next logical consequence of the story's last twist.
If there's no character arc there's no character.
And she's not like DC's Catwoman because of that: Selina was never a pampered rich girl with a self-destructive streak.
Just because Felicia has finally ruined her good life with all these risks that she has taken and ended up in the same basic situation it doesn't mean that she's anything like the hardened Gotham girl who's working herself out of a life of crime, abuse, and poverty with her costumed identity.
Can you at least acknowledge that these character arcs are headed in the exact opposite directions?

I dislike the armor design

>Selina was never a pampered rich girl with a self-destructive streak.

Neither was Felicia. She was the daughter of thief, and she lived in a shitty apartment with her mother when she first started dating Spider-Man.

>If there's no character arc there's no character.

And that's what we're bitching about. Slott didn't give her a character arc. He took a three-dimensional, complicated character and her a two dimensional cliche to fit his asinine plot. Slott wouldn't know a character arc if one hit him in his sizable ass.

>I'd bet my car that Bendis doesn't know what Superior Iron Man was about.
He was asked in an interview about what happened with Superior Iron Man. Then he went on about how he always asks the previous writers about everything he would need to know.

He asked Remender because he did the inversion, who gave the premise but said it was up to Taylor, who was writing the solo.

So Bendis goes to Taylor who tells him what the Superior Iron Man story is about but Hickman is the one whose handling the conclusion of the story.

Finally Bendis goes to Hickman and asks him how the whole Superior arc ends for Tony. So Hickman goes:
>Oh. He dies.

So Bendis shrugged and figured that was that and he could just do whatever. Which is what he would have done either way, don't you worry.

I really ought to read the Ewing books. They have everything I want.