What's the most shameless piece of product placement ever put in a movie or TV show?

What's the most shameless piece of product placement ever put in a movie or TV show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE
youtu.be/k8wAUlBz248?t=344
youtu.be/Cc85QCF5414?t=6m40s
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=i_robot
youtube.com/watch?v=AjP96Hhl-Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=D-fxY8MwATc
youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU
youtube.com/watch?v=t808e5BMyI8
youtube.com/watch?v=JPJpgjfFJpc
youtube.com/watch?v=KPuz8LpsGMw
youtube.com/watch?v=gCh4gnIcJEM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

He threw Zod into a Coca-Cola billboard in that movie too.

I just feel like the Marlboro one is more iconic.

the superman movies were campy so it works better.

man of steel is dark, brooding, washed out looking, and thousands of people visibly die in the movie. fighting in a Sears or IHOP is much more jarring, especially when it's crappy CGI IHOP too

Weird. I never thought "huh IHOP how silly!" I think you just have autism.

Oreo bot

i never even watched this show and still remember seeing it posted here and thinking how over the top it was

Pepsi in World War Z and that one bank heist movie with Denzel was pretty bad.

Every time they do it on Hawaii Five-0

The entirety of transformers 4

Jack and Jill and the fucking pepto bismol

The producers of Chuck also had a lot of fun with the blatant Subway product placement.

This was so blatantly bad that it physically pained me

>The entire Transformers franchise
FTFY

dunkin donuts

amateur hour, doesnt even have the label turned out

Fast and Furious couldn't be more obnoxious about Corona.

this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=oQYwFND7rHE

the jewry is unreal

Garth Algar covered head to toe in reebok gear in Wayne's world while bemoaning corporate placements. Anyone who disagrees is wrong and does not know film history.

you never thought that because you are a manchild who likes man of steel and probably BvS too

what is a.. Sears??

ok this transformers montage ending in the Beats Pill thing is too shameless not to link

youtu.be/k8wAUlBz248?t=344 (5:44)

Converse in I Robot

>at fathers house
>hes watching all the shit hes recorded on his DVR
>NCIS, Designated Survivor, etc.
>30 seconds of a character unsnapping the keyboard off of a Surface, slowly swiping through various windows just to call up a basic fact
>30 seconds of characters walking back to a Ford SUV, the characters themselves are blurred in the foreground with the car clear in the background
>30 seconds of a character slowly flipping through a book against a steering wheel with the logo framed right in the center
>every laptop or monitor has a piece of tape or sticker over a logo on the back except the Macs

These fucking network shows.

Came here to post this.

kek like on the walking dead how they're always a driving a pristine new model hyundai or some shit despite being able to choose any fucking car they want

Sex Tape. Made me stop liking Jason Segel.

Man of Steel billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne choosing to drive a Jeep SUV

yea thats pretty fucking shameless

Not sure, but I cringed pretty hard at the krispy kreme shilling in that power rangers movie.

It's kind of an in joke at this point though.

youtu.be/Cc85QCF5414?t=6m40s

Basically, any Sandler movie post 2000.

Quentin Tarantino and Red Apple cigs

This scene from The Day the Earth Stood Still remake immediately jumped to mind. They have an entire fucking conversation with the McDonalds arch reflected in the windshield. They go inside it right after this, btw.

Little Nicky, he fucking saves the earth thanks to Popeye's fried chicken.
Well most Adam Sandler movies are basically a glorified commercial.

>spend entire studio budget on salary for you and your friends
>raise a few million more with blatant product shilling
>make movie with that

BRAVO SANDLER

see

but still good posts doe

wtf i love subway now

The opening scene of Batman89 is the worst I've ever seen with respect to this by far.

>watch an adam sandler movie
>WTF I LOVE SONY COMPUTERS NOW

>thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=i_robot

>oh no real products and stores exist in movies!

never understand why you faggots get so triggered by it

I'm going back to redchanit

when the new Spiderman went out of his way to use Bing

and then used Google in the sequel

I'm watching Designated Survivor and one of the most recent episodes had the most blatant, awful forms of product placement imaginable. It took me so out of the show that I paused and googled to find out if it had been mentioned elsewhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=AjP96Hhl-Bg

there isn't a funnier movie than this, i just don't want to spoil anything but it's so rewarding watching it without knowing anything about the movie

wow this is bad

the opening still alone is something straight out of a truck commercial

i could really go for a big mac

>krispy kreme
>only 1 result
Ok.

All of capeshit in general

They drink coke with any meal that doesn't involve wine

Mac and Me

lmao

>italians
>_____

The Lego movies.

Baskin Robbins don't play.

I got something for you...

youtube.com/watch?v=D-fxY8MwATc

it worked for jared

that boy was LAAARGE

Subway really love their "ironic" product placement.

desu, I'm of two minds about it

the product placement in Man of Steel, which is one people really complained about, never really bothered me that much because none of it felt particularly unreal; none of it seemed like shilling, just a place where Superman and Zod get into big-ass fights. It makes sense that a small town would have a Sears and an IHOP, it's not like they stop by for some pancakes in the middle of the fight.

Shit like this is worse because it frames the products at the centre of critical scenes.

Then you've got the degree you see in network TV (i.e. here) where characters take time out of the flow of the piece JUST to shill products.

Better Call Saul / Cinebon

Seems like comic book movies cant get away from that shit. The Marvel movies have gotten pretty bad. I remember Iron Man 3 being particularly over the top.

for movies like that with a built in audience they figure why not just go all out on greedy shekel collection

I didn't even realize this was an ad!

>tfw bought Subway because of this post

Rita Repulsa stopping in the middle of the massive robot fight to eat a Krispy Kreme donut.

I think the worst was Pringles in the new Ghostbusters movie. Mostly because they filmed the scenes first and then went to Pringles with the idea, just "Hey we put your product in our movie, give us money". Pringles told them to fuck off but they ended up leaving the scenes in.

So they shilled Pringles and didn't even get paid.

found the oscar voter

>no Dunk-a-ccino
youtube.com/watch?v=2S6eUFbOfIU

It really doesn't matter if it's done for the sake of a gag in the film, because it's still him whoring himself out for an actual brand

That pizza is probably dead now

it was nepotism, Wilson's his wife's name

In breaking bad when walt was waiting for the vacuum salesman saul said something like "at best I'll be managing a cinnabon in north dakota"

al lost some money through madoff/a ponzi scheme i believe and that's why he did a string of shitty paycheck movies

>it's still him whoring himself out for an actual brand
He was embezzled by his accountant and is desperately broke.

So? Just because there is continuity doesn't mean it's not shameless product placement.

Also he said Omaha, NE

Product placement right after his love interest drowns.

Sony is shameless.

This thread has been sponsored by Hormel Liverwurst.

what a fucking sonygger

youtube.com/watch?v=t808e5BMyI8

Transformer age of extinction the budlight part after the mark crashing into someone car.

MoS takes the cake

Their soundtracks always include Sony recording artists as well. Basically they are just one big advertisement for a conglomerate.

i need the digits give me the get!!

He's also leaning against a giant fuckoff pepsi display.

The Bond series is built on product placement, but it was always fashionable brands that you could see Bond using, which is what makes the Sony branding even more jarring.

this garbage movie literally had product placement every 2 minutes, Will Farrell is going downhill so fast he'll be on suicide watch soon

I'm sure he'll be able console himself with the mega-millions he's earned by selling these products.

>Head & Shoulders shampoo saves the earth

I give this a pass because it's still an excellent movie.

I agree with this. I think I actually find it more distracting if characters are drinking "Cola" brand cola instead of a Coke. As long as it's not the focus of the scene I'm fine with it.

Soap Operas are fucking egregious with this shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JPJpgjfFJpc

youtube.com/watch?v=KPuz8LpsGMw

youtube.com/watch?v=gCh4gnIcJEM

Fucking disgusting.

Every restaurant is a Taco Bell in the future of Demolition Man.