Captain America: Civil War

Where would you rank it in MCU? Did you think it was better/worse than The Winter Soldier?

I think it will be the movie that will launch a thousand nerd arguments on not only what is the best Capt movie but also the best Avengers movie.

Spiderman is OP

Guy was a bullied kid a few mouths ago and then he's shown overpowering Captain America, Winter Solider, and the Falcon all of whom were militarily trained veterans.

Too soon to rank it for me.

This. It really was a backdoor Avengers. Kinda shows Whedon's flaws that CW was a better avengers movie that AoU.

I think as a standalone film, Winter Soldier is probably better

But as a comics nerd and someone who's watched the MCU rise, I was fucking giddy almost the entire time I was in the theater watching CW

>continuing the Cap/Falcon bromance
>Ant-arrow
>Giant Man
>Black Panther being based as fuck
>Iron Man getting tag teamed by Cap and Bucky
>Spidey is a spastic teenage powerhouse
>Zemo playing everyone like a damn fiddle

It was stuffed to the brim with characters without feeling bloated. A lot of them were glorified cameos like Hawkeye and Ant-Man, but it still worked. It just felt like when Avengers show up in a Cap comic.

I'm sure it goes without saying that even with the second half of the first film being incredibly lackluster, the Cap trilogy is the pinnacle of the MCU.

He's stronger than they with better reflexes.

Also,

movie had the best Action:Talking ratio

to the point I felt that it had more fighty than talky

I felt it was because Spidey had more long-range capabilities

Probably my second favorite MCU movie, right after TWS. Cap trilogy is pretty great.

2nd best right under Winter Soldier

It managed to juggle most of the Avengers whilst still being a Captain America movie at it's core. I was impressed by the Russos ability to handle all of plots and subplots and characters and make them all work well too. To think the both of them are typically known for their sitcom work, I was very impressed. I can't wait for Infinity War because of it.

Seriously all three movies were based

How many trilogies have all three of their movies be great (though it'll probably not stay a trilogy for long).

Hello, I'm T'Challa the Black Panther. You killed my father. Prepare to die!

>He killed my mom!

Was my favorite scene in probably any MCU. Most human any MCU character has ever felt.

Ironman is usually the most human
EVERY movie he's in he brings issues

which makes the breakdowns in friendship not only understandable but also inevitable.

I know he had daddy issues but doesn't it sound weird that he just says mom instead of parents?

His dad got involved in dangerous shit and knew it might be coming. His mom didn't have anything to do with that shit though.

Am I the only one who fucking loved the way the Russos filmed Black Widow's fighting style in the opening segment? We've seen her fight plenty of times, but I feel they really made her into what the comic book version would be. Not just a spy who can take down a shit load of guys, but one who's punches are like getting hit with a fucking brick.
If anyone is going to be directing a BW solo movie, it better be the Russos. Or they better have help in it

Almost, except they used so much shakeycam that it kinda canceled out my enjoyment of her moves. Also I liked that she's not super strong like Cap, but relies on more judo-type moves which make sense with someone of her figure.

I liked Winter Soldier more, but Civil War was more difficult to pull off.

They had to resolve the Bucky stuff from the last movie.
They had to adapt Civil War without one side turning into Hitler.
They had to clean up the mess Age of Ultron left.
They had to introduce and have a complete character arc for Black Panther.
They had to make a good first impression with Spider-Man.
They had to do a big fight with a dozen characters, where several characters don't know each others' powers.

That's kinda how I feel. Civil War had a lot more hurdles to get through to be this good and a hundred places that could've rendered it complete garbage, whereas Winter Soldier is still the best but required less effort to be that way.

Yeah, that was my only complaint with her fighting. But it makes sense from a visual standpoint if you think about it. Most of the camera movements were probably being used alongside her punches. So if she punched one of the soldiers in the stomach, the camera would flinch like he would.
Makes it more dramatic and comic book like, but still jenky

>They had to clean up the mess Age of Ultron left.

One of the most underrated things about Civil War was how it made that bloated mess of a movie more relevant in retrospect

>How many trilogies have all three of their movies be great

OT Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Heisei Gamera

I don't know Return of the Jedi kinda fell in the second half

everything on Endor is garbage, I wish the last act of the movie was just the space battle and throne room scenes

for me Civil war and the Original avengers are apples and oranges

one light-hearted and about getting the team together
one darker and breaking them apart

Joss will probably be convinced not to write any avenger sequels in the future thought ("this guy did a better sequel than me!")

wadered over to this board to ask something and this seems like the right type of thread
I remember a while ago seeing some pic that listed the plans for what movies marvel was planning on releasing for like the next 6 or so years or something like that.
Anyone kind enough to post it?

I love the way it was choreographed, but the way it was filmed just hurt my eyes, even more than some of the action scenes in TWS

though when it comes to "fixing a mess of a movie" you can do worse than Age of Ultron

still impressive