Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy

Am I the only one who thinks these movies are reddit-tier cringe?

I can't be the only one can I?

I mean what the fuck? What the hell was that? Especially Deadpool. What even happened? What?

I don't even know what to say after seeing it.

Can someone explain it to me?

To be "reddit" implies something is upbeat, funny, smart, popular, and knowledgeable. being reddit is not an insult. and those movies were amazing

I'm unfamiliar with the ways of Reddit, so I couldn't judge. Perhaps you'd be more comfortable going back there.

Okay, I was being edgy. I'm completely fine with people liking them and I wish I liked them. But, when it comes to Deadpool, I just can't understand why I dislike it so much. I didn't even disliked it - I just hated it. I'm in such a small minority that it bothers me because I want to enjoy these movies, and yet I can't. I can kind of understand the enjoyment for Guardians of the Galaxy, but not for Deadpool.

How could I watch Deadpool and enjoy it? I want the experience that you had because mine was shitty.

Deadpool wasn't that great, c-list x-men, plot was predictable and the fourth-wall, tongue-in-cheek shit got a little tired halfway through. First Guardians was charming and funny but 2nd act was pretty boring.

Yes, you are literally the only one. You are an island in the sea. No one else thinks as you do, you are utterly alone. Literally no one, anywhere, at any time has had these thoughts.

Your thinking is as alien to me as the thoughts of a completely new species. I can't fathom how your mind works, I've never met such contrasting of a point of view.

I felt like I missed a movie between Guardians 1 and 2. I know I didn't, but there just seemed to be a lot of character development that took place off screen.

Also the ending felt like it was reaching for an emotional pay off it didn't quite earn.

>Hurr durr meme cunny brap big guy crabs legs no singles wage cuck for you blacked kino meme meme meme!!!

What did the Sup Forumsturd mean by this?

Man, that's exactly what bothers me and I feel exactly the same as you do. I just can't understand at all how to like Deadpool movie AND I'm like 1 out of the 5 people that dislike it.

>tier
>cringe

I see you're a meme-addled retard.

Ok, I'm just gonna give Deadpool another go. I feel like it's such a waste of time and I'll need to bear through the whole movie cringing, but I'm gonna sit through and just try my best to understand and enjoy it.

it's not bad, but the humor did absolutely nothing for me which is weird because I normally think Ryan Reynolds is funny.

I didn't find Deadpool funny but I did enjoy it. It was way better than other capeshit.

The problem was for me is that it was so incredibly annoying. Just cringey (to me) jokes every 3 seconds that just caused me to feel uncomfortable. Now, I have been told that it's supposed to be that way, that Deadpool is kind of an immature character who makes cheesy jokes and all, but I just don't know what other perspective to view the movie from.

This "using Reddit as an insult or argument" shit needs to stop. Makes no fucking sense

yeah because you don't understand

I like Deadpool, but only really as a trailer. Everything was done in the trailer, the film just felt pointless.

Deadpool was really fun, as was the first Guardians of the Galaxy.

GotG 2 is Reddit tier garbage, though.
The script trundled from one infantile joke to another, just like a Reddit thread.

>Reddit
>Smart
>Knowledgeable

You do realise Reddit is a cross-section of the general population, and as such is packed full of ignorant morons, right?

Say what you will about this site, but those who post here are typically (at least outside of Sup Forums) in it for the edgy humour.

Redditors have the most pathetic culture of group conformity around the most infantile opinions.
It's the mentality of Sup Forums, given access to authoritarian structure.

Fucking cancer.

OP BTFO. No recovery.

What did you dislike?

Did you feel the urge to shout, THIS IS REDDIT, THIS IS MEMES!!! at it?

>Sup Forums
>edgiest part of the site
>so edgy a confirmed edgelord such as yourself can't keep up with them
>t-t-they're n-n-not edgy though
the absolute state of (You)

Deadpool is as Reddit as it gets.

Guardians is not.

Holy shit

So, I used to spend way too much time on Sup Forums and I hated everything.

Then I got a life. Like really. I got a job, enrolled in uni, took on some real responsibility.

Now I dont spend so much time being cynically obsessive. Time to enjoy movies, video games, etc. is now a luxury.

Obviously I don't suddenly enjoy EVERYTHING. But I do appreciate a lot more.

Deadpool is shit like the comics

OR maybe you should just fuck off back there

welcome to Sup Forums

Deadpool is funny and different. Guardians is just every other super hero movie.

sounds like Reddit is your natural home. why don't you stay there?

Deadpool is 100% leddit, the movie. I could never stand reading him in the comics.
>inb4 someone says "user never read X's run"
They all fucking suck, the movie sucks, he sucks when he appears in videogames and other media.

you wouldn't be insecure then, and you certainly wouldn't make this passive-agressive post. enjoying shit made for 12 year olds is fine, you can't brag about it on a film board though.

You're good bro. I love you.

Dude it really sounds like you just hate them because other people like them. Don't focus so much on the outside, focus more on the inside - what you really think. You even said yourself, you don't know why you dislike them. You are getting your opinions from the world rather than from yourself. That said I didn't like Deadpool either. It was terrible, but it did make me laugh.

For one, I mean, I can technically say ANYTHING. Kinda how this place works.

Even then, I dont see how you could possibly interpret that post as passive aggresive unless you were already in a place to be offended by it.

Sorry bro.

Deadpool felt written for Internet Audiences...at least tried to, yet it kept chained to hell by having dildo ass fucking because its 20th Century Fox.

>AM I LE THE ONE WHO THINKS LE X IS LE Y
Cringe

Not who you were talking to, but it was kind of passive aggressive. You finally got your shit together and you're talking down to the rest of the board because you got your first job. No one's impressed kid. You're like that one guy who finally got laid and now starts talking down to all of his friends that are married like you're some sort of pimp, and acting as if you're more mature than people that have been getting pussy years before you have.

Deadpool at least had good R-rated action sequences, a few but good.

It's a comedy. If you didn't like a comedy the first time, you will not like it the second. Is this your first experience with human entertainment?

Deadpool had one thing. The highway scene. It was literally the reason the movie was made and the entire plot was built around it. It was the only good scene and the only thing the movie did that was worth seeing. We could have just been happy with the production leak.

Dude, that's a waste of time. It's a dumb movie, you're not going to learn to be less cynical by forcing yourself to watch it. It's just bad.

They actually did it. They actually fucking made a movie about Reddit. No dog whistles, no allusions, just pure straight Reddit pleb shit. Every fucking line is a meme. EVERY SINGLE ONE. There isn't one joke or quote in this movie that wouldn't get you at least 50 upvotes. If you were a Bernie Sanders supporter, this flick is for you. If you own a fedora this flick is for you. If you like taking turns with your girlfriend getting rammed in the ass by imported black cock this flick is for you. If you're a normal fucking person who votes Republican and enjoys films about ideas, characters, and interesting settings this piece of shit flick is not for you and given the fact that there are no movies like that anymore because critics and audiences can't get enough meme superhero space shit you're better off just finding another hobby or killing yourself.
Fuck Reddit, fuck memes, and fuck whoever likes this piece of shit movie

It's a giant strawman, that's all. It's the boogyman. Don't like something? It's Reddit. That's all there is to it. Has nothing to do with Reddit, although it was born from the perception that Reddit users are less funny and more cringe than Sup Forums posters.

Dance-off bro, you and me.

This is literally called growing up and not being a NEET. Once you do you stop hating things by default. It's great. Once you stop pirating you enjoy things more, too, and you can laugh at NEET poorfags for pirating things on Mom's internet connection.

desu fair what made him popular was actually a really god damn good run in it's own right. And to this day it has never been topped.

I just watched this and I spent the entire movie repeating the words "This is reddit, this is memes, this is reddit, this is memes..." under my breath.

I fucking hated it. I was writhing around on the floor in front of my sofa for the last 30 minutes it was so painful.

You have lost touch with reality user, please find someone to have relations with. I cant believe one who has even ths faintest sense of love in life would watch this movie in a theater and keep repeating to themselves a mantra that which would prohibit any enjoyment of it for the sake of anons on 4 chan possibly perceiving them as cool. Please get off this site its not too late.

It's a copy-pasta, Reddit-friend. Maybe stick to lurking (that's what we call browsing) until you are familiar with our in-jokes (called memes) so as not to embarrass yourself like that again.

>Am I the only one who thinks these movies are reddit-tier cringe?

Nobody fucking thinks like this you bizarre internet autist. Holy fuck this is why people don't want to talk to you.

I didn't mind Deadpool watching it in the cinema but literally the only thing I can remember from it is TJ Miller saying "I'd come with you... but I don't want to".

Forgetting everything that happened in a film shortly after seeing it is generally my criteria for a bad movie, I guess Guardians falls into that bracket too. I only remember the trailers and the Yondu scene.

Guess you must have skipped Joe Kelly's run then...

You may be the only piss baby sitting around thinking about it.

>Am I the only one
shitposter phrasing.

NO OF COURSE NOT ANY TIME YOU OPEN WITH THIS QUESTION ON ANY SUBJECT AT ALL, YOU ARE NEVER THE ONLY ONE

That's 1

>who thinks these movies are

>reddit
shitposter obsession
stop obsessing about the big bad reddit bogeyman

That's 2

>-tier
common shitpost vocabulary is especially shitposty when used in this completely meaningless context

that's 3

>cringe?
verb as an adjective
that's 4
>watching GotG and Deadpool actually makes OP cring

that's 5

Putting all those 5 points together I'd profile the OP with a few predictions

I say that OP is about 15 years old, male, suburban, white, and doesn't do particularly well at school.

He's not an intentional shitposter -- in fact he usually doesn't even know he's doing it. He shitposts simply because he's stupid enough that his own musing resemble the intentionally inane drivel that frequently gets posted here. This has led him to adopt their posting style in the belief that he has found like-minded morons to fit in with. The truth is he's just a fucking idiot.

>Am I the only one who thinks these movies are reddit-tier cringe?
The thing is, you could do better by pointing out why you don't like them. Why the writing doesn't work, or whatever, yet you choose to use website analogies because you're near brain-dead and don't want to put effort into it. This is why nobody takes you seriously.
You wouldn't use your retarded website analogies outside of this hellhole. People would just ignore you.

>cringe
Stop that you disgusting fucking newfag.

Nice unpopular opinion, pretty ballsy to post it here. Whats your opinion on Rick and Morty?

ya, they're shit. Was gonna watch guardians cuz everyone said it was good, then i found out "dance off bro" wasn't just a meme and just deleted it.

If you don't understand why Deadpool is miles ahead of GotG2 then you need to do a lot of research on the concept of "comedic timing".

A bit of an olive branch but most people don't actually understand comedic timing in any way they could communicate so it's not your fault and it doesn't mean you're stupid.

You are kind of a faggot though.