Big Trouble in Little China

Is it kino?

Yes.

Even if it wasn't (because it is) it wouldn't have to be. It's just that damn good.

>yfw you realize Jack Burton was actually the sidekick all along

Even growing up on nothing but 70s and 80s action flicks, I saw it in the last decade and didn't really get the big deal. I don't have anything bad to say about it or anything, it was watchable, I just don't understand where all the golden praise for the movie comes from. Even as someone who loves Kurt Russell, who has seen Soldier 6 times.

I didn't like the reporter chick. Felt like cliche and predictable characterization.

No because it's actually good.

>them bondage scenes
Hell yeah.

When Sup Forums says kino, they basically mean Big Trouble in Little China.

Basically anything with Kurt Russell.

Even the fast and furious movies that feature him?

Fucking love it. And I think escape from jew york kind of sucked. Had a ton of potential but it was mostly wasted.

I unironically think Fast and the Furious movies are kino, actually.

Caught Breakdown on tv again the other day. Solid flick.

It's one of the only kinos out there. True kino is a very short list. This list of kino is nearly exhaustive:

Big Trouble in Little China
The Thing
Escape from new York
Escape from LA
Captain Ron

Kino scientists have been searching for the common denominator between these for years, but no one has managed to make a connection yet.

I just watched it yesterday.

Fucking love that movie. So satisfying to watch for some reason.

I'd say Conan the Barbarian is establishing itself as pretty unimpeachable kino.

That lighting general was fucking stupid. All it takes was a single bolt of lighting but nooooo gotta prance around screaming shit instead. Also, how the hell did they fitted the wedding cloth or whatever on that guy dream form

Must you ask?

Lo Pan is one of the great movie monsters in cinema

It is very possible you're just not drawn to the pulpy action comedy type stuff. Or, you sit somewhere square smack in the middle of the spectrum.

I'm probably floating in the middle somewhere, as I generally enjoy pulpy action comedy. Story of my life really.

I genuinely feel bad you can't find the same enjoyment I do when watching Big Trouble in Little China. Not going to be an ass and say something snarky. It just sucks you don't, because you are missing out on some legit fun. I'll watch it again for you user.

Sorry about your eyes Chris.

I don't think its possible to get through the first 30 minutes of this movie if you've ever even had a conversation with someone Asian, let alone been friends with someone that was

I think you have that backwards or you hang around the shitty Asians that try and hop aboard the oppression bus. Cool Asians don't fucking care about kung-fu stereotypes if they're clearly jokes or not taken seriously. Considering the only white dude with any masculinity in this movie is a fucking retard from start to finish it's not like there's any reason to get pissy about it.

yes, amazing movie.