Homestuck 2.0 and the Official Channel

now taking bets on how many videos will be uploaded before its put on indefinite hiatus

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yjFr_vW8kwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe one or two.

So what's first, Epilogue or Hiveswap?

Epilogue hopefully.

Only thing I'm hoping for the wreck that's gonna be hiveswap to give us is some more world-building on Alternia

>to be continued
what the fuck
you can't just end it like that and say "to be continued"
this won't ever get continued, will it

counting Act 7, Collide, and I'M GEEKIN OUT Basco?

some merchandise to hold over hussie's insatiable greed, followed by Epilogue, which will turn out to be a completely different comic 95% unrelated to Homestuck, and Hiveswap will be shelved forever

I hear ya there, Alternian and Sburb related matters are really all that still intrigue me about the comic

To be fair, unlike the ending to Homestuck, these are gaps we can actually adequately fill in on our own. Actual content is of course better, but we have a good idea how it goes.

yeah I guess
still would've been cool to see more interaction between Crowbar and Slick

still, it'd be nice to see the vast chapters of stuff that was alluded to in the comic

typical hussie style is to get to a point of direct conflict/confrontation and then immediately jump to another character, only to reveal what actually went down in a later conversation

also, my captcha was pick all pictures that are of soup

what the fuck captcha

best character hands down tier:
caliborn

true hero tier:
aimless renegade
spades slick

doesn't matter tier:
calliope
vriska
dancestors except maybe aranea and meenah

is pure and didn't deserve this shit tier:
lil hal
davesprite
karkat

is an absolute tool but still didn't deserve this shit tier:
tavros
jake

relatable as always and too tired of this crap tier:
crowbar

superior version that got shafted tier:
(vriska)

hack tier:
hussie

never played the rain tier:
rose

thighs tier:
condy

ass tier:
terezi

tits tier:
ms. paint

cock tier:
kanaya

absolute waifu tier:
aradia

smart enough to skedaddle while story was at it's peak tier:
doc scratch

never again tier:
updates

breaking down sobbing tier:
me

Why did I read all this, you're not saying anything new or interesting.

i am all about liking terrible characters

wicked clowns never die

where's the jave one

I don't know who jave is or why john would fuck her, sorry. Is that a hiveswap character?

JAVE ISN'T JOEY!

I HATE JAVE!

I LOVE JOEY!

FYI Hussie abandons most of his projects.

>(Vriska)
>Superior to anything

Yes, because hundreds of lines about lesbian angst is some how not fucking awful

best waifu tier:
deviantart

Real talk: who turns their font smoothing off when they read Homestuck?

FUCKING WRONG

Jave is my oc donut steel kid shes the long lost sister of joey and her strife special bus is hair

I just keep it off. I'm too old for this smoothing shit. The most I'll tolerate is subpixel font generation, which I like because it's mathematically cool.

bonus points for actually drawing up some OC, i salute your dedication to shitposting

Aw fuck, I guess I was wrong about the felt reproducing entirely by frisky jigs in the last thread. In that case I would totally fuck Die or Crowbar.

the die-fucking meme needs to live up to its name. that might be a mighty potent juju he's got, but if he sticks his pin in that won't mean squat to you.

that's just deviantart as re-imagined by hussie

hsg wrote homestuck pass it on

Why was Hussie allowed to use the Saw theme?

Why was hussie allowed to get all the copyrighted shit he got for his webcomic?

No one fucking knows

He wasn't "allowed" to do it but he did it anywas

Maybe he paid for it...?

>that's just deviantart as re-imagined by hussie

holy fuck

maybe i'm just high as fuck because this is an actual huge revelation for me

That is a good question. Given the forray into music IP rights bullshit arguments in the past, I expect that he did in fact ask the right people first for this one.

They're all parodies of internet culture stereotypes and so is DeviantArt. It's not a coincidence.

what the fuck is this thing

i am almost positive Andrew Hussie did not get permission to use any of those intellectual properties

So, hypothetical scenario. What if Hussie never introduced the kids?

What if he just started with the trolls, and the entire comic was just their session in detail. We got dialogue between everyone, a thorough exploration of Sburb, every troll got a crazy strife animation for their denizen fight, and the entire thing ended with some crazy over the top 20 minute boss battle against the Black King.

Final scene of the comic is Karkat opening the door to the new universe.

Would that have been better than what we got? How would you feel if Husse decided that was going to be his next comic?

Wasn't Meulin Tumblr with all the #hashtags?

Is she resting her drink on an iceblock table? At like a fancy party at one of those ice sculpture hotel places?

It wouldn't be as popular as it is. The vast majority of Homestuck's fanbase doesn't give half a shit on stuff like playing the game

Meulin is a tumblr fangirl, not Deviantart

Bubblr or whatever the dreambubble Tumblr joke was called was played up by all the Dancestors iirc

youtube.com/watch?v=yjFr_vW8kwc

Wonder if they fucked. Jane and Jake were attracted to each other, were John and Jade?

Finally after like 30 posts somebody gets my reference.

I can die now.

i dunno, a lot of the early mentions of Jade by the other three kids made it seem like they all thought she was kinda aloof and mysterious, even if she was really friendly

>characters that should be merged together:

Karkat and Tavros

>thighs tier:
>no aranea

I think as a self contained story it could have been amazing. The problem is that it could be quite hard to connect to the trolls without a more human counter-balance in the form of the kids. Much of the humour surrounding the trolls and their culture comes from how it parodies certain aspects of human culture, or just how odd it is in comparison it is to it. I'm not sure the trolls really work on their own as an alien race.

I could be wrong however; I personally enjoyed much of the weird cultural stuff with the trolls and would have loved to have seen more of their society. I'm just not sure you'd get the same appeal as you did with Homestuck, perhaps you would if the trolls had been kept way out of the main story, but in return got a side story going more in-depth with them in their own session. You've got some tough characters to work with in terms of protagonists, but having more time to dedicate to actually developing characters could have done wonders for pretty much all the trolls.

why do they keep trashing this

They think they're just freaks from meteors or some shit though.

When will SBHJ 2.0 start?

They weren't joking about the 3 day ban for freedom sadly
It's "spamming"

They do it for they own Freedom

It's cancer anyway.

is grubsauce made of babby trol

I'm just thinking that, you know, we're never just going to get a 'normal' story out of Hussie. But what if he had contained his subversiveness entirely in fucking us around with troll culture and romance, and otherwise told a regular story? Instead of being forced to deal with an insane plot, we're forced to deal with a completely unworkable cast of characters.

Eh, I duuno. I think that really could have been something.

Grubs aren't wigglers.

wrigglers != grubs

Caliborn is cute! CUTE!

you're cancer

while on the subject of insect larva

just what the fuck were sollux's grub videogames

like how do those even work

Say something nice about (Vriska)!

She didn't come back to life and ruin A6A6I5

She won't struggle when you force yourself on her like her alive counterpart would

it was nice to see something bad happening to a Vriska and then not having that bad occurance revoked by bullshit retcons and DURR SHE NEEDED TO BE THERE FOR THE OTHERS TO WIN hackery

T H I S
H
I
S

>tits tier:
ms. paint
I really have to give you this one because I'm not generally into tits all that much, but there's something incredibly arousing about Ms. Paint's chest in that 3 AM dress.

WEENIE

Did this guy

ever deliver?

She has her own opinions. Oh wait, she regurgitated Meenah's because she liked her.
She has her own style. Oh wait, she regurgitated Meenah's because she liked her.
She went on a self-righteous rant about tattoos right after Hussie got one. Oh wait, that's cringe-inducing.

weird organic technology

i guess the grubs can absorb and retain data, which can be accessed by connecting them to a computer?

She realized that she didn't need to be the center of all existence, she could just quietly exist

great, now how many dicks can they balance?

Trick question
Jade can only balance one dick, but iterated throughout time multiple times.

It's hard to say, it really is. For all the shit Hussie gets, a lot of it deserved, he had an impressive way of bringing interesting concepts to life. Much of the appeal of of Problem Sleuth and Homestuck rests in that ability, teamed with crisp jokes and dialogue at the high points in the respective stories. I would think that PS showed that he can do a 'normal story', the issue with Homestuck being ambitious winning out over sense and proper planning.

The trolls would likely have ended up differently if they'd been given their own story too. Some are criminally underdeveloped and even those that are prominent in the story have little meaningful development relative to their place in the story.

I think it could have been really popular if it had happened like that, but we can never say for sure.

I sort of imagined it's like the video games in existenz

>She went on a self-righteous rant about tattoos right after Hussie got one

She could have been a solid way to keep Vriska in the story and developing her character meaningfully without just retconning her back in.

forgot my le reaction face :^)

Didn't you know that Kankri was also Tumblr imagined by Hussie? And Aranea/Calliope MSPAF. Mituna is hsg but he didn't know enough about us so he made him a lovable retard instead of the festering shitheap that we are.

based

I like how Caliborn began as the "bad" fans and then he slowly became the embodiment of Hussie's feelings on his own failures.

just something that obscured her lower body, nothing in particular.
but we get an x-ray, so that I could convey her crossed finger and everything I drew before figuring out where I was going.

At least he didn't make Mituna the embodiment of 2006 era Sup Forums.

i knew all of those, i guess it never really clicked with me how similar DA and Meulin ended up

>She went on a self-righteous rant about tattoos right after Hussie got one.

Hussie had a tattoo way before vriska got one

>idly watching old Octopimp stuff on youtube
>video with Dancestors comes on
>it's from 2012

That...that was 4 years ago. They still feel recent. Openbound was like, halfway through Act 6, wasn't it? How has it already been 4 years? I swear nothing fucks up my perception of time like Homestuck.

That fantroll and the hillbilly are top notch work steel

Actually I wish he did. It would be just the kind of cringeworthy shit we deserve. And it would appear more researched than not researched at all.

Not that I don't love Mituna, he's my favorite A1 troll. But he's not a very accurate or biting representation of Sup Forums.

I'm pretty sure Homestuck has had more hiatus days than actual update days for the past few years.

He's supposed to rep hsg not Sup Forums
And as much as I hate to admit it he's probably loosely based on info from iggypiggy

>Octopimp

I dunno, I think HSG as a crude but friendly retard isn't too inaccurate

oh fuck i know