13 reasons why

This was actually pretty decent desu
Why's Sup Forums being so negative?

Other urls found in this thread:

tumblr.com/search/#anti 13 reasons why
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I didn't think it was bad, but Sup Forums thinks that anything mildly popular is bad....kinda like I did when I was 15.

why do you think it was decent?
what things did you like ?

Great cinematography, good acting and a nice soundtrack

everything on netflix is garbage

What is the target audience of 13RY?

>he didn't mention the writing
It must be shit then

the characters were more developed than the average teen series. no comic book-tier villains (except for bryce, maybe)
some good montages and the cinematography wasn't just cookie-cutter
the music was good too

i didn't think it was bad but it is nothing out of the ordinary. The writing could be a whole lot better but other than that , the soundtrack , the visuals, hannah's tiddies(and feet), it had it all

>except for bryce, maybe
Even Bryce was shown to try to stop needless violence like Montgomery fighting Tyler, he helps out Justin when he needs a place to crash, buys stuff for people on the convenience store, helps Marcus get the weed no questions asked, obviously he's no moral paragon and there are scenes where he goes against what I wrote here, but if he was someone I knew personally, I probably wouldn't take him for a truly bad person unless I knew about the rapes. Take out the rapes and he's less unhinged than Marcus and Courtney at the very least.

I am not american .
how realistic is the show? Is highschool in america really like that?

I'm not an american either, but american teenagers seemed to enjoy it

It was interesting but it's target audience (young girls) is going to take away from it the wrong message and believe that what Hannah did was justified and fufill their victim fantasy.

>writing

Irrelevant in a TV-show.

aside from hannah's villain of the week it's not very far off

>Irrelevant in a TV-show.
wrong

Turns suicide into a glamorous plight for the young and dumb millennial generation.

Some guy from school fucks you in the hottub?
>kill yourself
Some girl at school dumps you for the cuter football jock?
>kill yourself
Stalk people?
>kill everyone at school and then yourself

I honestly don't know how you could watch it and side with hannah and I can't tell if the message is that suicide is justified if you perceive everyone as hating you or that hannah was a selfish attention-whore who wanted to kill herself to spite people.

Its a feminist propaganda show. Heres why: aims to raise awareness of the 'rape culture', tries to portray the only right way to have sex through clay (notice how he asks 'is this ok?' on 2 seperate occasions when a female practically wants to jump on his cock; btw they never asked him if he was ok with that because females never have any responsibility. Also he ultimately never got laid), most relationships are interracial, overrepresantation of gay people, absolving hannah of any responsibility of the rape.

>voted "best ass"

>Somehow, this is something to be angry about

Y?

>I can't tell if the message is that suicide is justified if you perceive everyone as hating you or that hannah was a selfish attention-whore who wanted to kill herself to spite people.
neither of those things were the message.

you're a little slow aren't you?

Its part of the feminist propaganda scheme i mentioned in the post before yours. Its suposed to make you feel bad about objectifying women and frame it as sexual harrassment

>overrepresantation of gay people
>literally 3 named characters out of two dozen or more
no, that's actually pretty accurate to reality.

Would you agree with me that the shows purpose is to further the feminist agenda?

The asian chick, her parents, tony, his boyfriend, ryan, alex is played by a gay actor and its painfully evident and in hisfirst scene he comes off as gay which is also a recurring impression throughout the show. There is also 1 more lesbian in their class and the poetry dude could be gay as well.

No.

You realize that SJWs are whining about the show even more than Sup Forums faggots are, right?

>gay-shaming Alex

Alex got more pussy in 3 years of high school than you'll ever get in your entire life, buddy.

The only actual characters you listed are Courtney, Tony and Ryan. The rest might as well be extras. If we're including extras, then it's even more accurate to reality because there are hundreds of extras and you listed 6 people (Alex's actor being gay doesn't count as a gay character.)

Also its the 2nd time I make this claim and for the 2nd time people only focus on this issue. Does it mean you agree with me about my other points? I dont even mind gay people, but its just something that really struck me in this show, and given all other the circumstances I believe it was intentional

How does it do that? The girls are just as shitty as all the guys other than Bryce.

It's a show targeted specifically to YA chicks.
It can't be that successful with other demos.
I'm quite surprised they bothered to shill for it in Sup Forums.

This board really loves fags

[citation needed]

Why was Bryce so based?

Besides the rape hannahs life was pretty cool.

>Does it mean you agree with me about my other points?
No. Your other claims are absurd enough to be ignored completely.

"Feminist propaganda" lmao. Jesus fucking Christ. Reading this board makes me happy that I didn't end up a sad, shut-in NEET like you faggots.

Right, this confirms it's utter shit then

Glad you agree on the gay peole

What an alpha male. How many times do you think Hannah secretly climaxed while being "raped" by him ?

Here knock yourself out, mostly complaints about glorification of suicide
>tumblr.com/search/#anti 13 reasons why

My personal favourite
>u know who likes 13rw? white cishet neurotypical teenage girls
360 notes

I just hated Clay every step of the way.

He's a beta nu-male in the beginning, then his high-school crush that he treated like shit (sans raping her) kills herself, and he then attempts to shift into this badass revenge-laden SJW white-knighting supernerd that sperged on literally every name Hannah mentioned on the tapes.

Bitch wouldn't even listen to his own tape out of fear of what he might do to himself. Then he does listen, and tries to throw himself off a cliff, only to have Tony "save" him for the 1493th time.

I can't stand him.

Judging from her squeals and moans during the "rape", she thoroughly enjoyed it.

Seemed pretty unhinged when he brutally beat Clay like that

>go into his home, start making (shouting) these bizarre allegations
>Bryce gives a reasonable response to these very serious allegations
>gets fucking punched for no reason
>pay it doubly back

Bryce acted like any normal human would've in that situation, Clay was asking for it.

Which ones right if dubs don't lie.

>reasonable response
>SHE WANTED IT REEE

are you a real rapist or something wtf you're sick

>Bryce gives a reasonable response to these very serious allegations
>reasonable response

He acted like the violently aggressive entitled prick that he is.

>bizarre allegations

The only reasonable thing he did was admit he raped here

Y'know there was another show that began with an attention-seeking suicidal victim becoming the narrator of the entire series...

The suicide scene was fucking brutal, how the fuck do people manage to slit the other wrist?

So it's shakespearean then?

Clay was just assblasted that his Stacy crush wanted (obviously) to fuck the Chad Thundercock instead of him and instead of blaming Hannah for it like he should've, he blamed Bryce like any true beta orbiter would. Bryce just showed Clay his place, Clay was in the wrong in that scene.

And it was actually good for 4 seasons

Are you a real person

Go to bed Bryce.

When has /tv become an SJW infested board? Is it because all the shills post here on their time off as well?

>anonymous asked:
>On the topic of 13 reasons why. I also find it a bit unrealistic that the majority of the "bullies" were either queer and/or poc??

As a straight, privileged white woman, this isn’t for me to comment on - but I didn’t notice. I’m probably a bit racist whilst thinking I’m not though.

If a POC or a LGBT person feels this way then I can only assume that they are right, because it made them feel that way.
But as a rule, minorities are more emphatic because they know what it feels like.

the thing is it has everything it needed to be a decent story. The problem is they filled it up with a bunch of bullshit that didn't matter.

>just as shitty
but they have no consequences because they're female xD. that's how it pushes feminism.

>expecting Sup Forums to not be contrarian

How was Justin evil? So he took a pic of his qt gf and showed it to one of his bros. Not his fault if his bro steals his phone and texts it to everyone.

He even tried to save Jessica from Bryce but Bryce was too much of a big guy, for him.

I honestly ended up feeling more sorry for Justin than just about any other character. His ending was... JUST. He's fucking homeless now.

I imagine in S2 we will see Justin become a street whore, selling his ass for a few bucks here or there. That's worse than death.

If this doesn't have a school shooting I'm dropping it.

this place is pretty cancerous so I wouldn't take any film/tv related discussion to heart

He let his gf get BRYCED and then lied to her about it afterwards.

It was okay.

Some parts made me feel, but I can't stand Hannah. At all. She's so smug I have to fast forward through her monologues.

Still, there's a few likeable characters. Clay, Alex, Ryan, Tyler, Jeff, Zach. Jessica is tolerable. So it's not all bad character wise.

All in all it's okay, if they could tone down the SJW themes and quips that'd be nice, but from what they've revealed for S2 it looks to be more of that.

the popularity of this show on Sup Forums alongside all the celebrity drama gives me the impression that a large chunk of Sup Forums has the tv/movie tastes and mentality of a teenage girl

No.

>not liking smug hannah

kys.

Does no one care that Selena Gomez was an executive producer on this?

Switch Justin and Hannah

Apparently she barely did anything for the show so no, not really.

She is the sole reason the book was going to be turned into a movie/tv show in the first place.

He didn't let him, he burst into the room and tried to stop him but Bryce shoved him to the floor and locked the door. Not yelling for everyone to help at that point was kinda fucked but he could've had a reasonable belief that Bryce would kill her, at the moment.

>executive producer
>executive
all she did was give money to the production

Sorry, I'm just not attracted to smug, self-righteous bitches who think they're perfect and everything bad that happens is someone else's fault.

because she financed it, that's what executive producers do

Fat bitch

>In 2008, Mandy Teefey, the mother of the pop star and actress Selena Gomez, was browsing at a Barnes & Noble when she spotted “Thirteen Reasons Why” by Jay Asher. The best-selling young adult novel tells the story of Hannah Baker, a high school girl who kills herself, leaving behind cassette tapes detailing the 13 people she blames for driving her to suicide. It’s no surprise that, standing in the bookstore, Ms. Teefey was compelled to read it: Woven into Hannah’s dark account of isolation, adolescent betrayal and sexual stigmatizing are messages of acceptance and compassion, yet it unfolds like an emotional thriller. Not much later, Ms. Teefey and Ms. Gomez were eating sushi with Mr. Asher, negotiating for the rights.

Selena Gomez is literally the reason for 13 reasons...

How come nobody has asked the most important question? Does Bryce pull out?

He seems like the type of nigga who's too oblivious to pull out.

>he doesn't want to pop sheri's chery

>Selena Gomez literally the reason for 13 reasons
wow I already said that in my post
>She financed it

It's representative of a high school in a super liberal area on the west coast. It was nothing close to my high school, but I've had friends from CA say its kinda close to theirs.

>How was Justin evil?
he wanted to murder Clay.

>her mother found the book and together with her mother decided it should be put to film
>she financed it

What business do people who can't read have on this board?

I believe they lived in a town were literally there is nothing to do, so fuck with people and being a dick is just the thing they do to have a good time.

I wanted to murder Clay 3 episodes in.

His spazghetti made me feel self conscious

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wew
did she not finance it? was it solely her mother's money that was put into the show? I never said her mother played no part in creating the series I simply said Selena financed it.

Clay is /our guy/.

Haven't watched this show yet, are they supposed to be in highschool? they both look like they're in their 20's lol

welcome to literally any film or tv production set in a highschool

go watch grease where theres actresses and actors 35-45 years old

Bryce is /our guy/.

Characters are 17, actors are 20 so it's close enough.

yeah but grease is good

Justin had a tough life