Alien Covenant incoherences

Okay, everybody here talk about the stupid characters, the fan fiction plot etc etc but everyone ignores the massive scenario incoherences

Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?

Also, when the characters enter the engineer city and see the Pompei-like brunt engineers all around them, did no one notice they were HUMAN SIZED BODIES ? Aren't they supposed to be 8 feet tall ? they should have been huge antic black statues, all around the characters, but they're clearly human size

In addition to being a bad movie, it looks like it was written by a guy that forgot what he wrote 2 pages before, Ridley Scott is senile, how can anyone defend this shit ?

Ridley scott was always shit, he wasn't the guy behind the genius of alien, it was Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, Giger, all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune. Ridley was only the guy they contacted to shoot it. Ridley Hack has finally been exposed, decades after taking great movie's credits from other real artists

I just assumed there was some sort of struggle between Shaw and David or perhaps other Engineers that weren't killed in the initial wave and the scene was cut.

Thought the movie was tip top desu. Made Prometheus a way better movie too by rounding off the weird, unsatisfying and open ended story in that movie much better while still leaving some interesting places to go for a third one.

Loved it. Ending was great too.

this movie is legit THE worst out of the entire aliens/prometheus series

i would even put some AVP movies above this trash heap

Welcome to Sup Forums
Do you guys fucking like *anything*?

>while still leaving some interesting places to go for a third one

people like you kill cinema

>dont worry goys, we'll tell you the FULL STORY in the next movie

this uncreative hackjob of a shitfest was riddled with plot holes, inconsistencies versus other alien movies and doesn't give much lore answers

what ever happened to movies that are more or less complete?

>Made Prometheus a way better movie too
Top Shill

>A christian white male decides to throw out 10 years of planning and training to take 2000 colonists on a wild ride to some bumfuck planet in the middle of nowhere right after unforeseen accident kills a whole bunch of them

kek. in his rush to create a meme tier "backstory" to alien ridley forgot that simplicity is best.

go back

How much are you paid to write this nonsense ?

Couple of questions?
>Was the virus made by the engineers? >Did David and Shaw modify it?

It makes no sense, why does the backburster choose the most difficult path of escape? Literally right through the spine, all that fucking bone. Why not just come out his ass? The the neck, between the collarbone and shoulder blade.

Blood father was good

For the first question, we don't know, I don't think so, I think it's just some organism they discovered, didn't fully understand even.

For the second, I don't think shaw did shit, david did everything, and I think he just contaminated stuff, make them reproduce, just trial and error, failed specimens proved that

Come and See, Ran, Stalker, there's a shitload of film that most of Sup Forums like

Fury Road is unanimously liked. The only people that disagree are just memeing for yous.

Yeah, it's a mess. I enjoyed it.

>crash landing
He can apparently fly it fine but can't land it. Landing is supposedly the hardest part with aircraft.

>human sized bodies
Engineers seemed to be on average taller but all different sizes. We don't get a good look and also their bodies seem to get mangled badly by the goo. A bit of contraction or whatever doesn't seem far-fetched considering what else the stuff can do.

lmao faggot I bet you think Blade Runner was well written though.

lorefaggotry and autism over technical details masquerading as criticism are killing cinema.

>simplicity is best
You go write a movie, fagface.

Mr Kikestein gives me half a shekel per post

Fury Road is gay.

>lorefaggotry and autism over technical details masquerading as criticism are killing cinema.

except ridley seems to insist on making a cinematic universe for Alien decked out with terrible sophist tier lore?

Making lore and building around it is fine, but being a wikifaggot and getting annoyed because an Arbalarian Assblaster is akchyually meant to be seven point FIVE feet tall doesn't help anybody or anything.

Every trope in this film was used lazily to produce a tired, played out and utterly predictable cookie cutter space horror. Same old subversive nostalgia tripping by rehashing the exact same scenes, same phrasing (you can't excuse a carbon copy script as an easter egg), same set, same shots, same ridiculously stupid characters making the same mistakes and the same plot structure with one dimensional inane character motivations.
>David reveres creation above all else, and at the same time destroys all the apex creators to "create" his own children, which were actually already designed by the engineers anyway, utterly defeated his purported purpose.

>defending the undefendable

you did it faggot, you're now a pure shill

>destroys all apex creators
How many gods have we seen David kill over the course of these two movies? I must have fallen asleep because my count is currently at 0.

wtf i hate alien covenant now

>burnt bodies clearly human size when engineers are supposed to be giant
>hurrr durrr stop bitching about a few inches, you're such an autist

go to bed ridley, your movie is shit

>Missing the point, superfluously bringing religion into the conversation when Prometheus and Covenant both deified the engineers
daft idiot cunt

who are you?

There was a civil war occurring between 2 races of Engineers, or so the theory goes. Another theory is that the 8 ft tall ones are genetically modified synthetic versions created by the Engineer race, the same way we created the androids, except their synthetics are for sacrificing on terraforming worlds while ours are merely for labour.

it's not about religion, it's about the idea of an apex creator. Apex means top. Summit. Nothing above you. Humanity is definitely not this and it seems very unlikely that the Engineers are. Deification isn't the same thing as being a god. But meme-text more you're looking very smart right now.

Ridley Scott's secret NEET son. I live in his basement and for entertainment I'm only allowed to watch his movies and post on Sup Forums.

>and i pulled all of that out of my ass

Sure did cubby. But that's the point isn't it? There are no answers so it haunts us, and so we use our imaginations and theorise.

It stands to reason that a race that can't seem to get enough of playing around with genetics can probably ENGINEER themselves to fit specific roles in their hierarchy. It's quite possible that all the Engineers that we've seen up to this point are combat types, that grow bigger and tougher than civvy types.

What's you favorite movie of his and why?

Black Rain

>and why
missed that part. I really like cop movies and Japan looks nice in movies.

You absolute silly bitch why are you arguing semantics when it is perfectly contextually appropriate?
There is no canon, nor real life evidence pointing toward any kind of intentional god creator and that is not even close to the film's horrible character motivations

Good choice, user.

I think that it's a pretty important point. You said I brought up religion but I didn't. The point I was making that the only thing you can soundly apply the label of 'apex creator' to is a god. If you're created by circumstances or a higher power you aren't an apex creator. Humanity and the Engineers aren't apex creators. You said that by killing them David was contradicting himself but I don't think so at all. He recognizes them as creations like himself, and very flawed ones at that. That's why he hates them and sees no problem with no killing them in order to create new things.

Where are the horrible motivations? I'm sure that most of this movie can be explained at worst just by a little bit of loose thinking just like Prometheus. I bet you're one of those RLM cockworshipping faggots who thought that spaceaxe was a legitimate criticism.

the only good part was the score but then i realised it was a copy paste of alien's ost

too bad it's shit. How revealing from Sup Forums's taste

So, why did the engineers want to wipe out humans ? Because they killed Jesus ?

Oh look another redditor. Don't worry, a new avengers film should be out shortly which will be more to your tastes.

I assumed david dropped the black goo and genocided the engineers while Shaw was still sleeping. She was obsessed with the engineers and would never have let him do that.
He then simulated a crash and woke her.

That's not a bad theory. Though it shows how Ridley didn't really thought of it.

So it took only like 2 years for them to get to the engineer home planet? How fucking close is it? How much time did the Nostromo spent in space before stumbling upon the space jockeys?

Alien > Aliens > Covenant > dogshit > Alien 3 > Prometheus > AR.

Deal with it faggot.

Maybe it enjoys causing pain to its host or bones are no more a challenge than skin. Maybe it is different for different people depending on how it grows inside. Silly thing to nit pick over imo.

what about the games?

I'd put Isolation on par with Covenant, maybe a little better even, that shit was great.

>If it doesn't explain something on-screen that makes it a incoherent
>Pls spoon-feed me every single detail Ridley I have no imagination

Jesus Christ please stay the fuck away from anymore Ridley Scott movies. They are obviously too intelligent for you

Movie was great fun, enjoyed it alot. Perfect blend of action/suspense and Prometheus themes.

>the movie is shit but its all intended so we can make fan fiction!

kill yourself if this is your actual opinion

I find it hard to believe that those were the engineers. They were too dissimilar and technologically backwards in my opinion.

the original alien was kind of retarded too considered it had to go through the sternum or rib cage...shoulda came out the abdomen.

in Prometheus the guy at the beginning is wearing a cloak just like the city dwellers. they just have different aesthetics for space travel.

This.

OP's issues aren't inconsistencies, they're just gaps in the narrative that don't really need telling. No one cares how the ship got from the city to the forest. And the black stuff burns and shrinks them, just like the ash would've done to the Pompeii statues. You can see it in the CGI.

Did they really make the alien come out of his back, through the spine? that's beyond fucking retarded.

>And it’s in these scenes, thoughtfully written by John Logan and Dante Harper and gracefully acted by Fassbender, that we realize that this movie is not merely a bridge between the “Alien” films and “Prometheus,” but between the “Alien” films and “Blade Runner” as well.
from rogerebert.com
Prepare for the inevitable.

RIDLEY "DEMENTIA" SCOTT CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Late reply but the stomach is not in the abdomen.

DEEPEST LORE

I guess it would explain how they mastered space travel but all gathered around to gawk at a spacecraft landing over their capitol. It also makes me wonder if the entire population of the planet lived in that one city. Or how they withstood the terrible storms constantly raging over the planet.

I can't believe this thread ended with people defending this pile of shit by covering its holes with more shit

It's right up under the ribs, but surely the path of least resistance would be to go down through the intestines and out through the abdominal wall rather than the rib cage.

Guys. The engineers we saw in Prometheus were giants millions of years ago when they seeded Earth and went into cryosleep on LV-223. The ones David encounters in this one are zur current version. Humans used to be smaller but got taller by natural selection over millenia. The Engineers might have gotten smaller over time.

>female Engineers select for the manlets

Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?

did you consider the possibility that the crash happened after that happened

of course you didn't, you're an ape

>Ridley Scott is senile
Well. yeah.

What I want to know is how the fuck did BLONDE David manage to get BROWN hair after beating Walther and needing to rush to the shuttle

He likely Optimus'd him or something.
>GIVE ME YOUR FACE!

>you guys fucking like *anything*?
Definitely not this pile of trash

>all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune

They could do it if Jodorowsky didnt spent 3 millions of 9 million budget on pre-production, aiming for a 14 hours long art film. Also, Jodorosky is as bad as Scott.

If david only had shaw to try things, how come he already saw xenomorphs before and how he produced the eggs?

It's easy to understand. Why do all of you retards keep acting like those "plotholes" are not intentional. Ridley wants to make many movies.

>Like, they find the engineer ship crashed in the forest, top of the trees cut off and everything, but then in a flashback, you can clearly see David controlled the ship perfectly and released the black goo over the engineers city, wtf ? It crashed after this scene, miles away ? How is this shit possible ?
Either this is a troll or you're too retarded even for entry-level sci-fi. That's fucking sad lad.

The planet had animals, he even showed an insect.

He went through the alien ship's archive to find out how the weapon worked. How the eggs work without a queen is still a mystery. Or how they recombined with those pods in the forest. The pods seem like a far more effective way to spread.

Haven't seen it but sounds a whole lot like Prometheus. That entire movie was incoherent. Fassbender gave the incoherence the appearance of being deep puzzlebox shit, but in reality Prometheus was style heaped upon style with no thought to whether it actually made an sense or advanced the narrative in any particular direction. It should have been obvious when it was announced the next movie was NOT a sequel to Prometheus that the franchise was in a fucking mess and Scott had no idea what he was doing with it. I can only assume Covenant had a shitload of writers and the end result is committee trash.

I will pirate this movie in the future, certainly, but after Prometheus I'm convinced that Scott is a fucking clown.

My understanding was that he used the virus on Shaw's eggs

>Ridley scott was always shit, he wasn't the guy behind the genius of alien, it was Dan O'Bannon, Moebius, Giger, all the team that should have done Jodorowsky's Dune. Ridley was only the guy they contacted to shoot it.

This. Ridley "The Studio Hack" Scott can't fall back on The Banster's creative prowess and artistic connections anymore, and all he can produce on his own is "An Inchoherent Mess" and "An Incoherent Mess II: Electric Bogaloo".

Praise O'Bannon, burn the heretics.

It's biggest problem was the CONSTANT need to remind you of previous movies.
>Remember Dallas? Here's Tennessee
>Remember the power loader? Here's the hover crane
>Remember the original face hugger scene? Here it is almost shot for shot
>Remember mother? Covenant has a mother A.I. too
It was so blatantly obnoxious I'm amazed nobody talked about getting a bonus for delivering Covenant to the new planet.

Now if I recall correctly, Shaw performed a custom abortion on herself, producing the squid baby. Big squid ate the engineer and produced a classic Xenomorph. So why didn't the pod goo make more squids? And why is there such a time discrepancy between the alien emerging from its host?

even later reply but yes it is, are you retarded?

coz the black goo does whatever they want it to do

>Putting Covenant above Alien 3

Do you also put Rogue One above Return of the Jedi, you miserable utter faggot?

So everything I've read is making this sound like Prometheus 2. Bad acting, bad writing, makes no sense.

>I'm amazed nobody talked about getting a bonus for delivering Covenant to the new planet.

Of course, the one fun callback doesn't get included.

>the one fun callback

it was a pretty serious situation, user

The one in prometheus wasn't a classic xenomorph, it was extremely different. From what I figured the guy vivisected shaw, extracted her eggs, applied the virus to them, which created the facehugger eggs, and the facehuggers create the classic xenos

Alien 3 is garbage, yes even the """improved""" cut.

Suck my dick Fincherfag.

Look, we've been through this, everyone's getting paid the bonus they deserve.

What did the facehuggers create the classic Xenos from if David dumped goo on all the engineers as soon as he opened the ship?

Just take any retarded question about mechanics in these movies and say "because it's cool" and there you go. that's literally why everything that was intriguing in Prometheus happened.

Covenant is no different.

I find it hard to believe this one's in any way better.

So how the fuck did that engineer ship, being several hundred years old end up with eggs on hadley's hope? Did David do this?

Wasn't shaw sterile in promethus, she mentions not being able to have kids. Perhaps the goo "fixed" her somehow?

No that was just her beta bitch """scientist""" boyfriend slamming his nuts one too many times into a desk drawer for laughs

Perhaps there are more engineers out in the universe than what we see.