It's a Mattisode

>It's a Mattisode

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mynoYJi35Ac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dropped

He has some of the best episodes.

>his punishment must be more severe

Daily Reminder that's there's a reason, for the sunshine!

Did this episode pretty much confirm that episode 7 is going to be about Kevin Jr and David Burton?

Next episode looks like another good one

I just really want something to actually happen in the last episodes that explains what is going on with Kevin. I don't give a shit if they explain the departed or not, but I just want something to happen and not for them to just give a preachy nothing really matters ending.

Fuck you

search your heart user, you know thats what they are going to do.

shit episode 2bh
not because of Matt tho, just a shit episode

I thought the ending scene with Matt and Burton was the best part desu, other than that, I guess I liked it but not as much as the other Matt episodes.

I doubt we're going to get it, but the Kevin Sr. episode did confirm that there are supernational forces at work (Kevin Sr. remembered setting the fire in his hotel room, which Kevin Jr. witnessed despite being across the world and dead at the time), which was only reinforced by today's episode (Kevin Jr. saw and communicated with David Burton twice in the afterlife, despite not knowing what he looked/sounded like).

The writers have repeatedly said that they looked at the origin stories of prophets when writing Kevin Jr.'s arc, so it would be fair to say that he is a prophet absent any evidence to the contrary.

>Kevin Jr. saw and communicated with David Burton twice in the afterlife, despite not knowing what he looked/sounded like
This can be explained that the dude was famous, so Kevin likely had seen him on TV or heard about him on the radio, thus he was able to manifest in his mind

He was only a local celebrity - why would an American have heard about a bronze medal-winning decathlete and Olympic commentator from Australia?

Granted, we do hear his name in other places before this episode, but Kevin doesn't watch any of those stories.

>The Most Powerful Man in the World (and His Identical Twin Brother)

Hmmmm David Burton brought up the twin thing this episode...

They mention his name a couple of times on TV in season 2, I think. Also, just because they don't show that Kevin specifically hearing about him doesn't mean that he couldn't have heard about it in passing.

Only kind of episode that MATTers

It is incredible how much this show feels different every season. In fact, it feels different every couple of episodes.

I just started watching without any trailers and when season 2 started I thought they were doing an anthology kind of thing every season.

Matt eps are torture!

lindelof has to keep changing it up because he can't into consistent characterization or character development.

Silicon valley is better written than leftovers. But that's not really a fair comparison, as mike judge is a master of his craft.

By the time you get to the first mattisode, you've been punched in the face several times with the "hes trying to be a good person but nothing but bad things will happen to him" idea.

Was that French sequence kino?

>3d3395u

All of season 3 has been shit so far. And not even entertaining shit like the first two seasons. Just straight shit.

For anybody wondering about the French opening, here is the translation. Not sure wether it counts as spoilers but it's really interesting.

Je suis le seul espoir
Im the only hope
La dernière défense d'une espèce au bord de l'extinction
The last defense of a species about to go extinct
Les démonistes nous avait avertis
The "warlocks" warned us
Ces voyants sages de la vérité
These clairvoyant sages saw the truth
Ils ont dit que ces créatures viendraient 7 ans après que les premiers aient été pris
They said the creatures would come 7 years after the first ones were taken
7 ans après le départ
7 years after the departure
Nous étions aveugles des dieux
We were blind of the gods
Maintenant nous chancelons au bord du précipice
We are now on the edge of the ravine
Au bord de la destruction
On the edge of destruction
Des que ce monstre est né nous sommes finis
When this monster is born we are done for
Parce que ce monstre est né pour nous finir
Because this monster will be born to end us
7 têtes 7 bouches de flammes
7 heads and 7 flaming mouths
Nous avons qu'un seul espoir, l'œuf
We have one last hope, the egg
des cartes demonistes je l'ai trouvé
From the warlock maps I found it
Cache dans un nie, des volcans dans la mère
Hidden in a nest, in a volcano in the sea
Merci dieu pour la technologie
Thank god for the technologie
?can't hear????... la bombe nucléaire
The nuclear weapon
Casser la coquille fragile et faire fondre les demons à l'intérieur
To break the fragile shell and melt the demons inside
Dieu que ce missile vole droit et vrai et laisse le trouver le nie du volcan
God, may this missile fly straight and find the nest in the volcano
Et que celui ci soit non éclos et qu'il soit détruit avant qu'il ne détruise le monde
And hopefully this egg wouldn't have hatched yet, and let it destroy it before it destroys the world.

Godzilla end confirmed

I haven't seen Burton's face in over a year + he didn't have a beard or a hat on then.
If I hadn't seen this thread I wouldn't have had any fucking idea he was the guy on the bridge/guy who told Kevin to sing in the "land of the dead."

Anyone else find it hilarious how Matt has completely forgotten about Nora?

Guys...was it rape?

Yeah, though she gets BTFO so often these days that we shouldn't be too surprised that other characters ignore her

So.....

Is kevin or Matt /our guy/?

Kevin.

Yes

Kevin has never baneposted IRL.

I still think there's more to that Vatican phone call story. It's almost completely forgotten at this point.

Kevin

>it's a Laurie episode

It will have all the Australia crew in it so I am fine with this.

>Vatican phone call

What

This faggot should kill himself and go to Reddit heaven

S2E3 (Lens)

Oh shit was that the one saying that Nora had a demon inside of her or something?

Episodes when they chew out what happened in the most retarded rationalizing way trigger the shit out of me. Like i get that there may not be any supernatural stuff (even though i'm 100% sure that there is supernatural stuff) and that all the narrative that pushes divine things on you is probably there to show that characters have their own story that they consider special while it's not special for others but hearing the smoking bitch psychoanalyzing shit and characters talking and saying each other's names a lot is just so fucking disengaging.

Also what's up with the priest guy and the bdsm-stuff? It's the second time in two seasons that he is restrained in some bizarre way. Also wasn't there some character growth in the last season that made him look beyond himself? Hearing all that holier than though bullshit was painful.

Yup. No worries, it's all behind us now. Or is it!?

To be fair the woman on the phone uses the fact that Evie and her friends "departed" on the same night Nora arrived in Miracle as their main proof. It's probably forgotten now that we know they never departed

The book ended with season 1, so the writers basically did whatever they wanted afterwards.

So does Kevin's dad want him to die so he can talk to Christopher Sunday?

the guy in the MAGA hat last night said
"you say you do things to please me, but you only do it to please yourself" or something to that effect.
I think that's rung true for the whole series, although he has definitely done great work and is easily the most "helpful" and moral character

She's basically cut from the show now?

Was it necessary to show the dicklet in the beginning?
They should have at least made him black if they wanted to show a cock.

good, she was the worst part of it

Why do you guys keep asking this? Yes.

Why did he need to take off his clothes anyway? Something to do with launching the bomb?

HBO.

Absolutely no reason for it that I could tell. Lindelof just wanted to show a flapping cock I guess

More flexibility when you're naked also harder for someone to grab/subdue you. Also HBO nudity quota

Kevin Jr confirmed Godzilla JR

So does this show just not give a fuck about Tom and Jill anymore? I liked Tom and thought he was going somewhere when we thought he was the second Wayne.

Cut her because she refused to be blacked, but the mom said yes and kept the paycheck

Those lips need to be around my throbbing cock

What did God mean by this?

Don't research that. It's a rabbit hole inside of another rabbit hole z

theme of identical twins for seemingly no reason

see I can't tell if we are suppose to take what is given to us and consider it bible or to question everything.

so we can assume that that guy was god and those events actually happened like he said or we are suppose to question it and assume he is just some crazy person.

If you met God, what would you say?

this episode
>wtf
>wtf
>wtf
>matt is mad
>matt is fucking blind-brainwashed-cultist
>lol saved

favourite episode of the season desu

I like Mattisodes. The ending on this last one was pretty good. It was redemption for Matt and proof he was correct. I don't like how weird he has gotten about Garvey being the messiah though. I wish he'd go back to how he was in season 1 where he was the voice of reason.

What was the difference between a pimple and a priest again?

Not that user, but if you met God, you'll not have any questions. That conversation is pretty good imo

His character pretty much came full circle when he told Nora the story about him accepting Kevin as his true father.

I liked that joke. Never heard of it before.

Frasier

Why do I have no gf?

so what did Kevin wish for that Wayne granted?

Whats the point of this episode?

eternal life?

Getting his family back or something

So if god died in the end, does he now go to the hotel and tell Kevin to sing the song?

favorite scene of the show? this is mine

youtube.com/watch?v=mynoYJi35Ac

Sounds like John Murphy

thomas isn't a identical twin though, he's named thomas (rough translation of twin) because his name was also judas

>only 3 episodes

There is no fucking way we'll get a good conclusion to this series.

cause you're a retarded faggot. See, didn't need god for that one after all.

I don't want to dive into autistic Reddit analysis, but has anyone noticed the overarching theme of the season has been 'igniting skepticism of / debunking' the supernatural, almost to an episode?

>first episode, opens by showing end-time prophets of early America (location unknown?) being disproved and Dave (enigmatic character from the first moments of the pilot) suspected as a crackpot
>second episode, Nora being stymied by technological mishaps, Lily revealed as being a benign custody thing, Mark Lynn Baker
>third episode, Kevin Sr. almost dies and falls into the hands of Grace by pure coincidence
>fourth episode, Kevin Jr. has a vision that is revealed as delusion. stuck in Australia, reunion with father by coincidence.
>fifth episode, Matt thinks he meets "god" but is revealed to be a man with homicidal tendencies

the last episode will have some weird shit, but I feel like they're making a point of avoiding anything overtly supernatural. Nothing that has happened so far as defied rational explanation. WEIRD shit but not obviously supernatural shit like Season 2, which had multiple dead things coming back to life, Matt's wife, etc.

Also no sign of the Guilty Remnant. How did a massive cult organization die off when one fringe group gets Tomahawked?

Too many to have just one here are a few

Patty telling Kevin about Jeopardy
Homeward Bound
Kevin & Nora's fight in S3E4
Kevin eulogizing Patty
John and Kevin meeting in the hospital after John shot Kevin
No one laughs at god
Patty telling Kevin he tried to kill himself

Many more, any scene with Kevin and Patty in season 2 is amazing.

Having everything tied up into a neat little bow would be the worst possible ending something like this could have.

The bible calls him didymus implying he looks a lot like Jesus. I assume people run with that and agrue that Jesus had a twin. I assume that's what the scene was about. A question everything type of scene.

Guilty Remnant didn't die, the show just doesn't focus on them anymore since the characters aren't really affected by them

>the last episode will have some weird shit

The last episode will the reforming of the "family" of the show after traumatic events happen to them (likely Kevin and Nora) the show is about how resilient human's can be despite what insane thing is thrown at them.

What is Kazakhstan?

No.

Dowd and Theroux really had amazing chemistry on screen. That scene is so god damn great. Also do we know if Laurie knew about the jeopardy story and told Kevin? I tend to think she didn't and the hotel was 100% real.

>and Dave (enigmatic character from the first moments of the pilot) suspected as a crackpot

Wait a second who's Dave? Isn't he the "god" guy from the latest episode? I don't remember him being in the pilot, I only remember him in the hotel and on the bridge with Kevin

I think he is talking about Dean the dog killer.

Yeah that guy, my bad.

How much of this show has been planned ahead? Is there a reason they just say fuck you to the previous season location? mapleton -> miracle -> melbourne