m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBPmEAheCY
youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=NLhypaRifcE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Merry and Pippin's song

>Come Master hobbit, sing me a song

>I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you

Is that "Hey Ho" or the other one?

>End? No the income tax bracket doesn't end here. High income is just another path, one that NEETS cannot take. The red curtain of this bank account rolls back and all turns to black ink... and then you see it
>See what Gandalf?
>Tax deductibles and beyond

When the eagles reached Mordor and threw the ring into the lava

This. The score makes it.

>'So there I was, at the mercy of three monstrous lenders! And they were all arguing amongst themselves about how they were going to dissolve us! Whether we'd be subjected to audit, or whether they should sell up one by one, and liquidate our assets! They spent so much time arguing the 'interest rates' and 'fiscal deficits' that the new financial year crept over the markets and POOF! Defaulted all their loans!

Fuck off retard.

Do hobbits actually go to heaven when they die or was Gandalf just fucking with him

Ring bearers got to go to heaven, so just Frodo and Sam.

Aragorn death scene in Minas Tirith

Looks like meats back on the menu boys cause daddy got his tax returns

Well, humans go to halls of Mandos near Valinor, if hobbits are type of men, then yes they do.
Probably orc inspection.

What was Pippin master of?

>I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
>So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time which is given to you.

when aragorn pushed frodo out a window

I'M NOT TRYING TO ROB YOU

...i'm trying to help you

>ROB YOU
What did he mean by this?

The entire riverside battle and ending scenes of FOTR are my favorite. Pure Kino.
>mfw Boromir

DUDE BROTHER LMAO

DUDE CAPTAIN LMAO

DUDE KING LMAO

>I'M NOT TRYING TO TAX YOU
>I'm trying to subsidize you

Pleb. "Master" is just a title for any male

>I would have followed you, my brother... my captain...
>my king...

fuck this shit man.

The Hobbits trying to get to the ferry. The Nazgul were perfect in FOTR.

So what exactly did Boromir die for if the orks were under orders to capture the halflings alive?

He slowed them down enough to only take Merry and Pippin. He used his horn to call the orcs to him instead of them scouring the forest and fining Frodo and Sam.

>DEATH
>DEAAAATH
>DEAAAAAAAATH

>Well, humans go to halls of Mandos near Valinor
that's what happens to elves, not men

>I go now to the halls of my fathers, in whose proud company I know I shall not be ashamed...

>Theoden king stands alone.
>Not alone.

How does Sup Forums feel about this moment?

youtube.com/watch?v=BtEC3pNEMhY

>LET THE LARD O'ER THE BLACK LANDS COME FARTH

Was it autism?

>See Frodo ready to sacrifice himself to save everyone
>Sam's so much in his element that he orders Frodo to reach his hand
>"No! Don't you let go!"
>"Don't let go!"
>"Reach!"
If ever I was to choose my favourite scene from The Lord of the Rings, it would've been this one. But the movie has too many good moments.

Aragorn is a lot like Jesus

>see Frodo ready to sacrifice himself to save everyone
No he wasn't, Frodo was fighting the urge to drop into the lava to try to reclaim the Ring

>What are we waiting for?

Not even memeing

> the music that starts playing at that scene
i fucking tear up every time

>Strong Irish accent just for one line.

What did he mean by this?

This is the only correct answer.
Best line in the entire trilogy.

youtube.com/watch?v=AlyYBtASteQ

The Tales that really mattered...

Fact: this is the saddest moment in the whole trilogy

youtube.com/watch?v=dOnhBKPSuWA

Movie made him look like this

There is no such humility in the book, he is all "Do you know who the fuck I am ? MUH SWORD!"

SHARE THE LOAD

youtube.com/watch?v=0OLGx2lGtOc

Bit cheesy tbqh

>ride out with me

Theoden king stands alone
>Not alone

I ALWAYS cry at this part, without fail. The music is just too beautiful.
tfw got tears running just from going to look at the scene to take this screenshot right now

Kek (笑´・艸・)

youtube.com/watch?v=rdouafzAng4

This fucking scene
>Eowyns lament being sharply interrupted by the rolling stone followed by silence
>Theoden calmly talking about flowers as he is processing his sons death until he completely breaks
>Gandalf telling him he is now "In the halls of his fathers" to comfort him knowing as a Mair that this is a complete lie

Somehow user, your theory about how a Roman Catholic author who made his protagonist a homeless drifter who is actually a king and ends up being the savior of mankind isn't meant to evoke Jesus Christ just isn't convincing to me.

Really? I thought that he wanted to let go because he wasn't able to get Sam's hand with his bloody hand but saw how much Frodo meant to Sam and couldn't leave him like that. Didn't read the book though, so I don't know, that's at least what I interpreted, might be both.

I always figured he was considering dropping to his death due to a combination of being so devoid of hope and the Ring trying to goad him into killing himself as one last spiteful act.

>Aragorn
>Protagonist

kek
He is a borderline douchebag in the book, if you had read it you would know

The whole opening sequence with the Shire always gets me. The Shire's themes are just too perfect.
youtube.com/watch?v=_pGaz_qN0cw

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
SAM!

>that one old hobbit man who loves Gandalf's fireworks until he looks at his wife who hates it

Tolkien's genius was that he was could skillfully weave multiple story arcs together one of which has Aragorn for its protagonist.

>I AM GOING TO INFILTRATE THE DARK LORDS LAIR
>I WILL COME TOO
>SAM
>I AM COMING WITH YOU
>YOU CANT SWIM
>FUCK YOU BITCH I AM COMING WITH YOU
>SAM
>brrbllgh I brghllhllbbbh COMING brrllbuulrgh FAGGOT
>WHAT THE FUCK ASSHOLE
>I AM COMING BITCH

Truest form of friendship

youtu.be/zc-gh-3TkR0?t=1m21s
>Release the prisoners.
>Catapults
>BABOODA
>KAZARRRRRR

>"In place of a Dark lord you would HAVE A QUEEN"

>married life

Not even once

>hope completely abandoned
>resigned to their fates
>nothing left to do but be with your best friend until it ends
Yep, this got the waterworks running.

the entire end of Fellowship is perfect

Fuck this kind of scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=zCNgNkAZqg4

seeing the lighting the beacons followed by:

>GONDOR CALLS FOR AID
>And Rohan will ANSWER

m.youtube.com/watch?v=jDBPmEAheCY

kek

The Tales that Really Mattered scene gets me

>Not dark, but as beautiful and terrible as udon!
Is udon really that good?

stop with this.

Tolkien himself stated clearly that LOTR is not an allegory for any religious story, or any war or anything. It's just a fucking story dude.

This is not normal, but on Rings of Power it is

Rings of Power, not even once.

Only reason anyone likes this is because of the cinematography, music, and muh swords

Everything else is shit and both Jackson and Tolkien are hacks

>beautiful and terrible as the dawn
what

Sharing this in case you haven't seen it.

youtube.com/watch?v=YdXQJS3Yv0Y&index=1

and in the book the king of rohan didn't argue with gandalf about honoring their alliance with Gondor once he was cured. but in the movies they made some bullshit conflict up, because people cant actually into "honor".

Aragorn wasn't really a dick imo, he just did his own thing because becoming the king wasn't something he was interested in, but he clearly knew what his destiny was. The rangers was a way for the elf king and gandalf to make sure that Aragorn grew up to be a good king.

>We dont want to go to war today

STOP BULLYING ORCS

>Sir, before you can step foot into Theoden's Hall, you must leave your weapons at the door
>ANYONE WHO TOUCHES MY SWORD DIES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Name everything wrong with this scene

youtube.com/watch?v=NLhypaRifcE

>Sir I am just a guard

>MUH ANCESTRY I AM THE KING OF EVERYTHING AAAAAHHHHHH

Stories are never just stories user and furthermore even if it is not a direct allegory that doesn't mean the similarities are accidental.

"My friends......you bow to no one!"

Jokes on you, this arc is actually legit

its a sword from 3000 years ago that required some kind of ancient elven mystic bullshit to reforge.

also would you let some faggot guard touch your sword?

every time he said that shit i got a honor boner, he is a scoundrel looking dude who's taken shit from the entire middle-earth meanwhile he's out there playing the witcher for reals. its about time the cunt asserted himself and got the respect he deserved.

>My shareholders..... you pay taxes to no one!

“I cordially dislike allegory in all its manifestations, and always have done so since I grew old and wary enough to detect its presence. I much prefer history – true or feigned– with its varied applicability to the thought and experience of readers. I think that many confuse applicability with allegory, but the one resides in the freedom of the reader, and the other in the purposed domination of the author.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

>I'M JUST GOING TO LEAN IT AGAINST THE WALL HERE AND IF I COME BACK AND IT'S MOVED I SWEAR TO GOD HEADS WILL FUCKING ROLL DON'T FUCKING TEST ME -- Aragorn, Son of Arathorn, Isildur's Heir, claimant to the thrones of both Gondor and Arnor and flame of the West
actually what ended up happening

Oh sick I didn't know Angus McBride did LOTR stuff. I mostly know him from Osprey Military works

>even if it is not a direct allegory that doesn't mean the similarities are accidental.

Oh my there will be some serious shit fucked up very soon.
Galadriel looks pissed

>flame of the West
Fucking flamer he was, I can tell you that

This one gets me every time... well this and:

"i would have followed you... my captain... my king"

nice quads faggot. but he's saying that whatever you want to pretend it is, you can go ahead and keep pretending, but its your own retarded idea not his.

Honestly it's less about christian ethics/themes than it is more of an attempt to construct a national myth/history for Britain, in the style of the Norse sagas and Anglo Saxon mythology.

Watch the Tolkien documentary on the Special Edition blu-rays, or you'll likely find university lectures talking about LOTR

>quads

Negro, he is influenced by a lot of shit

Turin is half Oedipus half Hamlet, that doesnt make it an "allegory"

Doesn't Galadriel have C- powerlevels by 1st Age standards or something?

I really wish lotr finance posting had caught on. Those were some damn good threads.