Why do vietnamese think of themselves as Southeast Asian?

why do vietnamese think of themselves as Southeast Asian?

They are honorary chinese.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JQMCAMHnA3Q
youtu.be/tMdR5o3Mp-8
voanews.com/a/malaysia-buying-chinese-ships-to-protect-waters-from-china-others/3780026.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Vietnam
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Vietnam
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Viet-what?

Oh, Indochina?

bump

IT AIN'T ME

They're still kinda mad at us for killing their people a long time ago.

Why do japanese always make worst threads?

Why would you insult the Vietnamese by equating them with Chinks, objectively the worst people to ever exist?

It's because of French colonialism.

They were grouped with Cambodia n and Lao niggers

>says low iq baka gaijin

they ARE in southeast asia idiot its just they are culture influenced by china opposed to India

Because we like to think so and we hate China, simple as that.

You don't have to like us. But you will respect us. Or we'll genocide you again like we did last time.

Kek. You lost, Muttlander.

Wrong, most Vietnamese like the US.

ty :3

i don't get this. is this taught in school or media? because ya'll got agent oranged pretty fucking bad.

Affection is not necessary. Respect and/or fear of our power is.
Where do you think you are?

Dude....Too far.

Always our fault...

Oooh, don't say that. Vietnamese fought the Americans for 10 years, the French for 100, but the Chinese for 1000. Ever wonder why the Vietnamese are veering so hard to the U.S lately? Because they want their protection from the Chinese in the South China Sea and their encroaching military presence.

The US and Europe are portrayed as super advanced and developed places with morally good people, so almost all Vietnamese like the west.

>mfw a vietgook ABG wannabe wanted me to sell her Chinese military equipment like attack copters and mortars....
the fuck you need those for here in America?

Do Viet people even have their own culture?

The only difference between them and Chinese are language and Viets being literal midgets

Russian don't hate germans either. Time heals wounds. Plus Vietnam "won" they might had hated USA if they lost.

so uh, they don't teach you about agent orange, massacre's and the other shenanigans that the Americans pulled on you guys? or do you guys just not care about that stuff? genuinely perplexed.

We get almost all our weapons from Russia through. Many Vietnamese are also very fond of Russia.

yeah because you guys took half their their shit for a while and raped the shit out of them in revenge.

Yes but now nobody gives a shit. We just see them as great country.

In the old times, most Vietnamese ate betel and dyed their teeth, there're that.

pretty sure most viets would've preferred to lose that war, we have a TON of vietnamese here and they are extremely grateful they got to leave, not that Vietnam is necessarily awful today, but it could be better

vietnamese are much better looking than chinese, especially females

debatable

meh, i live in a city that has all types of asians
chinks, gooks, nips, you name it

honestly think vietnamese girls are the best looking overall, just my opinion obviously

Viets are Southeast Asians because their country is located in Southeast Asia.

youtube.com/watch?v=JQMCAMHnA3Q

Boys.

Bring out Tran.

sadly it's literally bootleg chinese culture with some slight modifications.

though we never had a lot of people before 20th century to develop any sophisticated culture of our own (we had roughly 14m in 1900).

Do Vietnamese admire good business skills or something? I watched a video about Vietnamese thoughts on Trump and lots said they liked him for his career as a businessman

Vietnam is geographically SE Asian because of their tropical climate, but they're 100& East Asian culturally since it was the only country in the region that had 0 influence from Indians and Polynesian island niggers.

They look literally the same. Why do Viets look so Chinese to me while every Cambodian I've met is brown as fuck even though Cambodia is right next to Vietnam?

You're retarded. Central and Southern Vietnam was originally home to Cham polities -- a Malayo-Polynesian people. The Vietnamese annexed Champa in 1832. The Chams used to hav strong influence in the South China Sea so modern Vietnam's claims in the sea often avoid bringing up the Chams.

No Indian influence.

Heh, that's strange considering most people in my city consider Trump as a walking joke.

It's just geography, m8. Mongolia is more similar cultureally to Central or North Asia but it's still grouped in with East Asia.

My city has a lot of Viet immigrants. They all seem to love being here and love the US. Friendly people

Geographic terms don't always mean what they mean

Idk why I replied to that one..

>Indian influence changes your skin color

I'm only talking about the modern Vietnamese and their culture, which has never had Indian influence. Chams are mostly in Cambodia or have been assimilated as conquered peoples.

The people like me who cared about those things are the minority. Most people in Vietnam don't really care about politics (most young people don't even know the name of big politicians) let alone international politics.
People in my country nowadays put their full effort into economically enriching themselves more than anything else. Because of that, Vietnamese living abroad are praised because they bring more money home even when they have to do shit jobs like manicure, selling westernized pho, toilet cleaning or doing household chores.

I noticed that, they're hard workers in anything that they do. I can respect that. The lazy 2nd generation boys however piss me off.

>They are honorary chinese.
the viets ive met hate china

Many Vietnamese have some level of Chinese ancestry and most Vietnamese overseas communities are descended from Vietnam war refugees, with a significant portion of them being ethnic Chinese from Vietnam (Hoa). That's why there's a bunch of half Viet/half Chinese people.

>The lazy 2nd generation boys
isnt it the 3rd generation that becomes lazy?
here, especially with chinese too it seems, 1st generation from 60s/70s is super poor, works hard in shit jobs to give kids better opportunities. 2nd generation grows up with poor laborour parents, studys hard in school to become doctor or w/e sucssesful and wealthy
then 3rd generation grows up with parents wealth and success and becomes useless lazy shit that achieves nothing at all, but drives a bmw (his moms bmw, that is).

Here's the video: youtu.be/tMdR5o3Mp-8
Most were quite positive on the grounds that he had a history in business

The hell? I've travelled to Vietnam and Cambodia and I've seen plenty of dark-skinned Vietnamese and light-skinned Cambodians.

no, we love you long time

t. South Vietnamesecuck

fun fact, we used to name our dogs Giôn (Johnson) and Ních (Nixon)
Anyway, that's a long time ago. Nowadays there's no animosity towards Americans anymore

>That's why there's a bunch of half Viet/half Chinese people.
I always wondered why there were so many of them if Vietnam supposedly hated China. Also explains mychonny I guess.

I'm actually Southern Vietnamese, but i'm not particularly fond of the US (at least less than my companions), and it's true that people all over Vietnam like America, regardless of region.

The ones you ate?

I don't eat American dogs, too fatty

They hate China more. Enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Was it true that you guys in the north weren't commies from the beginning, but you guys finally joined them, because you hated western imperialism so much, also since U.S.A didn't support Ho Chi Minh? I'm thai I feel bad that We supported Khmer Rouge and fight Vietnamese so hard during Vietnam occupation of Cambodia, our air force even force one of your plane to land on our land.

yes, we even had some support from the U.S. to fight against the Japanese. Then they ditched us in favor of the French.

vietcuck hate chink so much that they rather suck american cock

Poland don't be so rude

*Japanese and Korean

Why is Singapore the only one written without diacritics?

we don't have a Vietnamese name for Singapore.
The old ways to write it was Xin-ga-po which is phonetically translated, nowadays people just prefer to write them as is.

To be fair its rather justified since Mao raised Pol Pot , the border wars , Paracels island battle and ongoing maritime borders.
Its rather admirable for someone to struggle than quickly paying tribute like us.
voanews.com/a/malaysia-buying-chinese-ships-to-protect-waters-from-china-others/3780026.html

They has the best women is Asia too,unlike ugly japs

>Malaysia Buying Chinese Ships to Protect its Waters From China
4D Chess

Could any Nguyen explain to me what you're country is like today, contemporary times?

>4D Chess
>all those ships have secret shut down switches
5D chess

18 ships is painful.
We can build a licensed German corvette on our own for half the price but have to pay them 60million burger dollars each for corvette minus the missiles and SAM not including the additional cost to fit it with western equipment ourselves.
There is a need to replace the ageing fleet quickly and the navy wants at least South Korean shipyards but shoved with these instead. Such is life in tributary state of Neo-Ming dynasty.

Reveling in the glory of your ancestors is a fruitless pastime. The world no longer belogs to Europe.

Vietnam is still poor, the communist party still control the government. There're more and more fat people, more mobile phone users day by day, fast food stores started appearing. Many places are still very underdeveloped or overpopulated.

Not even gonna reach them, those rocks they took now have missile launchers and something like a modern day flak towers.
Would make an interesting Battlefield map though.

>The world no longer belogs to Europe.
Yes it belongs to ЧEPHOE CУЩECTBO

still poor but improving
personally my life has been better in every aspect. When i was born in the 90s I didn't even have milk to drink. Instant noodles are common for meals.
Now I have relatively fast internet so I'm happy, one thing I hate the most would be the traffic.

>tfw when we kicked french ass during Franco-Thai War during 1940 war and They cried like baby and asked German for help. Always thanks Vietnamese to help finished the job.

They stopped caring after China invaded.

>traffic
For once I'm glad to live in a sparsely populated country.

>0 influence from Indians
What is Buddhism?

>and Polynesian island niggers.
What are Chams?

The average Vietnamese get zero influence from the Chams.

I guess Buddhism, but that wasn't even from direct Indian influence, they got that from China. Chams are just the indigenous population of central/south Vietnam though, they were conquered and either killed or assimilated into the sino-vietnamese culture and ethnicity.

>agent orange
Agent orange wasn't a chemical weapon but simply a defoliant.

They weren't mustard gas attacks or anything like that.

No one has also given any direct link or medical condition that has come forth as a result of agent orange.

Basically, after every war people will blame the bigger power for all their problems, even to blame deformities and what not.

Britain used agent orange in the malay emergency, but you don't hear shit from them.

Vietnam has a shitload of ethnic minorities.

>agent orange
>massacres
The north committed many more and bloodier massacres.

The Korean committed a lot more massacres as well.

Apart from my lai, the US was rather well disciplined.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Vietnam

Chams are 0.19% of Vietnam's current ethnic groups. Most Vietnamese are not Malay/Polynesian.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_Vietnam

>I guess Buddhism, but that wasn't even from direct Indian influence, they got that from China.
It's debatable whether Vietnam got it from China or India.

I never said they were. The claim was that Vietnam had 0 influence from "Polynesian island niggers" which is untrue. Also there's no such thing as being "100% culturally East Asian".

I'm guessing that you haven't talked to any Vietnam vets. It's no secret that things that are now considered war crimes were routinely committed on both sides as a matter of course. Haven't you ever wondered why the Vietnam vets had more psychological problems than any other group of combat veterans?

crimes are committed in every single war.

The US army as an institution was very professional and discipline in vietnam. massacres and crimes were relatively low, for a force of 500,000 soldiers at its peak.

There are many veterans from that era, and that translates into a higher number of ptsd cases and what not. The vast majority of ptsd is a result of just the stress of being in combat. You don't have to be killing women and children to get ptsd.

That's retard logic. Might as well say Vietnamese are honorary French.

Not exactly the same since the only thing they really adopted from France was the Latin alphabet.

Vietnamese incorporated a lot of French food into theirs like baguette into banh mi. And it’s a godsend

Excuse me? Baguettes? Coffee?

>coffee
>french
?