Lobotomize the Joker

We all know that the Joker can't be executed since Gotham can't execute a man that's diagnosed as clinically insane, so why don't they just lobotomize him?

It's clear that there's absolutely now way to rehabilitate the Joker, and he's far too dangerous to let loose back into society, so why has nobody in Arkham thought to give him a lobotomy?

Other urls found in this thread:

mindlessones.com/2011/05/02/three-fools-part-3-morrisons-joker/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

One of the short stories in this was about a new Arkham employee trying to arrange this (Joker even admits to being slightly impressed by the guy's tenacity).

Anyway, it obviously didn't go well.

Really? Sounds interesting. How good is it?

Sets an untenable and mildly barbaric legal precedent.

>It's clear that there's absolutely now way to rehabilitate the Joker
How can you be so sure? What, you've got some magical book that tells you every possible outcome?

I liked BTAS. The villains were actually being rehabilitated. This idea that none of the criminally insane can ever get better really conflicts with this no-killing rule heroes go by.

While he may be manic, there really isn't any clear indication that he is insane enough to warrant an insanity exception for the death penalty.

I mean, he has a clear understanding of the impact of his actions, and is able to functionally understand the world. He knows exactly what he is doing.

is lobotomy still legal even

The one true answer is because none of you tards really want to see the Joker dead/lobotomized/whatever. He's possibly the greatest character in comics(though he's had many, many rough patches), and no one wants him gone for good.

Correct. In reality the Joker wouldn't be tried as insane since he is perfectly functional and really only lacks empathy, which isn't enough for an insanity defense.

Correct, but beside the point, since after being apprehended the 3rd or 4th time, I'm quite certain some random cop would have just popped a cap in him. Accidentally.

Remove his limbs or a segment from his spine. Instant harmless joker.

>kicks gun over to Joker's lifeless body, an entire magazine's worth of bullet holes in his back
>"He had a gun."

>possibly the greatest

Not even close, fuck off underage

>implying he wouldn't just get cybernetic replacements, making him an even bigger threat than before.

"You all saw he was coming straight at me, right?"
"Oh yeah, totally. There was nothing else you could do."

Joker isn't even the first of his kind, or even the second, but he's worse than those who came before him and those who come after are worse still than him. Eliminating the Joker in any way is just inviting a worse guy to fill the vacuum

The only way you can really justify not killing the Joker if the Joker like Batman also doesn't murder

Not user, but curious on who you think is better than the joker? I think no villan has had a worse impact on a hero than him. >inb4 green goblin

Calm down, Dr. Moniz.

How is lobotomy seen as more humane than death anyway?

So, just bring in Justice Lord Superman? Sure, that won't backfire at all will it?

his period as Oberon Sexton was great. it was still him, but with the game so fundamentally changed his heart just wasn't in his old role, so he went down a more chaotic neutral path, antagonizing players who didn't respect the game at all

Why don't they put him in a high-security prison like black dolphin?

the only reason no one kills Joker is because he's human
if he was an alien or a mutant or a monster or whatever they would punch him so hard his limbs would fly everywhere

I do, if we could get rid of Harley too that'd be great

>We all know that the Joker can't be executed since Gotham can't execute a man that's diagnosed as clinically insane, so why don't they just lobotomize him?

He has regenerative powers, Pretty low tier but just as his blood is literally poison, he can heal from shit normal people can't. He has been shot in the face, blow up, stab, paralized, superman once destroyed his mind, and yet he can always recovered, he has been killed, he just refuse to die and every time he returns he is worst. If you had ONCE read a comic you would know all this.

Oberon Sexton was a 10/10 joker, he was fantastic, and he got a fantastic prize: a robin that brought his how crowbar

Actually, the Joker is supposedly "super sane".

mindlessones.com/2011/05/02/three-fools-part-3-morrisons-joker/

Not if Batman removes his limbs, severs his spine and imprisons him in the Batcave where no one will find him.

So his ability is status quo.

>Not if Batman removes his limbs

He can grow those back and his spine has been broken before.
As for the batcave theory, the joker was send to another planet, and still managed to cameback

>lobotomizing the Joker just makes him stronger
Congrats.

So all he has to do is occasionally remove his limbs and sever his spine again. They don't just grow overnight. He can have yearly checkups and sever the little nubs. And give Joker painful spinal taps to see if his spine needs severing again.

>super sane
So hes so intune with reailty that he appears insane to everyone else?

that actually did happen in the DCAU once.

I think the good JL goes to the Justice Lord's universe and they visit Arkham, where it's actually this calm and serene place where Superman personally lobotomizes villains and turns them docile.

Sounds like edgy bullshit a 13 year old would come up with.

more like he's just completely aware of his actions.

Death fears Joker

Also reminder that the 3rd time the Joker appeared in a comic batman tried to scramble his brain.

By the next issue he was fine.

We'll just end up with Joker having a second brain in his penis or some shit like that because status quo.

*puts finger on nose*

Sorry, don't get what you're referring to.

Yes, it would be easier if we lobotomize him first.

Stories were hit or miss, but that's a given seeing as how it was an anthology.

if the joker is so mad then why hasn't killed himself yet?

Got any more of this?

You are right on the nose, an idiom meaning you are correct.

Why doesn't Superman put the Joker's brain in a bottle?

Doc Savage was right!

Because joker sells books.

If I was a mad scientist I would put Joker's brain in a jar and occasionally put a bit of my urine in the brine and giggle to myself.

this is fucking asking for a rape edit

Why doesn't Brainiac just take control of the Joker's body and mind rapes him

Reminder that the joker has been point blank shot in the head and only made him an even bigger dick

Could Hannibal Lecter psychologically fuck up The Joker?

Just chop off his head and throw it in a trash compactor. Then burn the mashed up bits and send the ashes to Batman so he can put the ashes into his rectum via suppository.

What if Joker's back story and personality is hard to pin down because a lot of people have been the Joker? Like there was the red-hood guy who may have been the first, and there was the chemical engineer who created the Joker gas probably an employee of Ace Chem, the Mafia styled gang leader, the brilliant psychopath (who tainted his psychiatrist), the excellent hand to hand fighter whom we see go toe to toe worth the bat. The cent guy just seems to be rodding the title and is just extra rapeyou and murderous.

>take control
His mind is broken, he is inmune to that sort of things, it's like shitty laptop with no usb drive, that can't read CD's, and has no access to the internet and even worst, it has ubuntu. It's just worthless

Joker would just ask "where's the joke?"

>select all images with pies

From the thumbnail I thought that was a reference to Dio.

>they do that
>he comes back with Lobo tier immortality
Just fucking imagine

But his head is in Batman's anus. He can't escape from there. Batman is known for being a tightass.

i like to imagine something like that being the case, which would make that Batgod scene make sense, the Joker being like some kind of cosmic entity that finds a new host and turns him into the new Joker, giving him all the memories from previous lives but being affected by the host's personality, and since the Joker is insane he wouldn't be able to remember his own origins (who would be all fucked since he would have the memories of multiple people inside his head), this would explain why some incarnations behave differently and how he seems to have inexplicably good skills that come from nowhere

Batman's head is always up his own ass anyway so he can also watch The Joker.

>impact on a hero has something to do with whether he is the greatest "character" in comics.

carnage and venom* had a huge impact on spider-man but they are pretty shitty characters.

*classic 90's extreme venom/carnage not the newer stuff.

Them he comes back as the new resurrection man

If batman would hurry up and rape the joker this would all end.

That would just be a different person. Who's head would also end up in batman's hairy batcave.

yes but he would have a new super power, Mister Miracle's butt escaping techniques

But he can't use that technique if he's just severed head ash inside the rectum of a man in a bat costume..

Is something I've been head canoning for a while now. That or the whole Bruce Wayne'state Tyler Durden. Which he created out of guilt for dropping that guy into that vat of chems.

Batman's ass is tight, but it can't hold him. Dick Grayson is the only one for the job.

this has also been my headcanon for a while. If I ever got a job at DC(and forced to write batman), that would be the first story I'd write.

>Do an autopsy
>Turns out he was black before he was burned with chemicals or some shit

New comic book series!
Gotham Protests: Batman vs. BLM

surprisingly it still legal

its just that no sane doctor will do it, it's a career killer

And they had done that in the comics SEVERAL TIMES, Arkham workers had tried to kill him too, The police had their own batman trying to kill the guy, batman has let him burn alive on a fire, he has blown up, been paralized, Send to a prision in outer space, the spectre failed to punish him, ETC

joker is best waifu, can't be killed, my favorite STD

It's an old idea. Doc Savage operated on crooks and turned them into productive members of society.

It's plot armor. There's no good reason why he should be alive after all that.

Same can be said about almost any character you like.

Wikipedia says:
> The Soviet Union banned the practice in 1950 on moral grounds, and Japan and Germany soon followed suit. By the late 1970s, the practice of lobotomy had generally ceased.
Anyways, why don't they just properly lock him up?
How hard can it be?

Thing is joker is just some regular asshole in clown makeup. Writers try to make him more than what he is and what he's supposed to be.

You guys have ruined Gordon for me

What grinds my gears is that the Joker can go 1v1 against some of the best hand to hand fighters on the planet.

Okay, I get that he could have been a genius before becoming the Joker, but nothing explains his hand to hand fighting skill. He is usually drawn as being pretty scrappy for the sake of communicating that he doesn't know how to fight, and yet here we are, with Joker holding his own against Deadshot and Batman.

It's stupid. I could understand if he knew some self defense techniques but he should never be a brawler, martial arts trained, ect. His specialty should be in his plans, his cunning, and tricks. He should be a cheater. Using his abilities to weaken his opponents. But not through directly fighting them.

Given that it stuck in the Justice Lord universe...

>Thing is joker is just some regular asshole in clown makeup.

He isnt.

What is he then? The spooky darkness of Gotham or some gay shit like that?

>but nothing explains his hand to hand fighting skill

He is an extremely good Knife fighter that barely feels any pain, always on the equivalent of Coke and meth times eleven. And he DOESNT HOLD his own against Batman, that complain is from people that never has touched a batman comic, the whole deal of most of batman enemies is that you can't just go and beat them up since what you have to do is stop their plans and usually just punching them doesnt solve anything.

The joker can land one or 2 punches on Batman, but he can also do it to midnighter or cass, DC tier martial artists can't predict him, they can easily kick his ass and will always easily defeat him, but he will land one or 2 hits, weak as fuck hits, but hits regardless.

It's implied that the Joker is more of an eventuality in Gotham, because it was build on land cursed by Darkseid worshipers and the first major building were designed by insane architects. The place breeds mental illness, to put it simply. The only place with more dark magic bullshit going on would be the area around Salem, but at least they have Dr. Fate to keep it in line.

if Batman is so rich and smart why the fuck can't he make something Joker can't break out of? It's Bruce Fucking Wayne he can't buy an entire small town and just use it to hold Joker prisoner or hire extra fucking guards for him??

>As for the batcave theory, the joker was send to another planet, and still managed to cameback

Wait, when?

he literally beated Batman to death in Endgame

Is this what the big 2 publish these days? This sound like deviantart-tier crap

I want him gone, is "persistence" defies all suspension of disbelief for me.
In any universe that takes itself seriously no one would pull their punches on him and no one would prosecute a cop for shooting him dead on sight.

It's just so painfully obvious that he exists purely because of his marketability and recognition

You just perfectly described Grant Morrison's writing style. Congrats

Wait, you havent read "Civil war in space: Lex and Joker edition"?? aka Salvation Run?

>and no one would prosecute a cop for shooting him dead on sight.

And they had done that. Several times.

Joinker

>I want him gone, is "persistence" defies all suspension of disbelief for me.
Then you're consuming the wrong media. Maybe Sup Forums would be more your speed.