Mfw there was never a Big Two War

>mfw there was never a Big Two War
>mfw DC was always lightyears above Marvel
>litteraly owns some of the first/most well known super-heroes: Superman, Shazam, Batman
>God-tier writers
>Vertigo, Wildstorm
Meanwhile Marvel relies solely on sjw tactics and cashing in on litteral c-list superheroes such as Iron Man & Captain America, trying to pass them off as pop culture mainstays, which they never were. Yet,
>marvel makes a shitton of money
>DC tries and becomes Marvel-lite
>mfw comic books will die because of that
And don't give me that "muh Image", "muh Valiant". The Big Two became something because they were created during the Silver & Golden ages, and, as such, were rooted in American History. The other publishers will never achieve the same level of popularity and, hence, will collapse.

Other urls found in this thread:

comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/tsum-tsums-invade-the-marvel-universe/1100-155463/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I mean, you're not wrong. The only reason Marvel is doing so well now is because they were going or already bankrupt and decided to sell off properties before being purchased by Disney.

DC wank: The Thread

Enjoy yourself friends

DC has always been better than Marlel.
Hell, they drive away almost every good creator.
>Moore
>Morrison
>Kirby
>Wright
>Favreau

Comic books are a medium, they existed before marvel and dc and will continue to no matter what.

t. Indiean

This. Superhero comics are kept alive as litteral memes by the sheer popularity of the big two. They are remnants of the past.
>ywn be there when an Iconic superhero is created.
>the closest you'll ever get is ironic "b-but it's a clever twist" bullshit such as Invincible.

>Shazam
>most well known

Fuck off

It's true, there exist people who make comics viewed by literally less than 100 people, same with people who create music and paintings and films. Comics are an art form and people will continue to make them forever.

Fine. Captain Marvel. He was among the first though.

>Shazam

Is it bad that I'm okay with this literal troll thread, because it's not a movie thread? That's how shit this board is now.

They didn't drive away Morrison you faggot, Marvel did though.

>mfw Marvel was never legitimized because they didn't have a British Invasion

I'm talking about Marlel, dumdum.

The movie threads were never this much of the board. This is a very recent development.

Why now?

A few years ago I could make a Final Crisis opinions thread and get 150+ responses. Now it gets like 10.

Yeah but what about cape-centric shared universes? Come to think of it, that's pretty specific, and I don't want to live in a world full poignant realistic french graphic novels and shitty webcomics. What will happen to the superhero genre?

It's impossible to not drive away Moore, that guy's finicky as hell. Quesada personally went to his home so they could get permission to reprint his Captain Britain run and they still managed to piss him off years later giving us The Original Writer credit on Marvelman reprints.

>ywn be there when an Iconic superhero is created.

How young are you?

>>litteraly owns some of the first/most well known super-heroes
>Shazam
Kek

>implying
Marvels been outselling DC since the 60's

I read dc because I like the characters more than marvel's, but the writers are honestly overrated.

Scott Snyder drive me away of the batbooks. overrated.i hate ihm.

That and star wars

To be fare DC ran off Moore too

>overrated.
Scott Snyder -his batman remembers me on Trump.

>Shazam
The wizard Shazam is not a superhero. You're thinking of Captain Marvel, who has the powers of Shazam.

Who?

But that's wrong. Marvel's floppies only outsell DC if you add in the Star Wars division. DC outsells them in trades by a mile.

>But that's wrong. Marvel's floppies only outsell DC if you add in the Star Wars division. DC outsells them in trades by a mile.

[ Citation needed ]

>And don't give me that "muh Image", "muh Valiant". The Big Two became something because they were created during the Silver & Golden ages, and, as such, were rooted in American History. The other publishers will never achieve the same level of popularity and, hence, will collapse.
Sure buddy, sure. I mean the big two aren't going anywhere but comics would still be around without them. Maybe not Image and Valiant which rely on the sale of floppies a lot, but the publishers that started switching their focus to book store distribution and ditching floppies like Fantagraphics, First Second, Top Shelf, D+Q, etc. They're basically in a completely different market. Also Shazam isn't as recognizable as Wonder Woman.

>New 52 #1s are worth money on the collector market
>Marvel NOW books line the 4-for-a-dollar bin

Hey autismo. Just wanted you to know, it's okay to make up your own dc universe in your head. What does the company who created it know about naming its characters, right?
He was created in 1940 and his comics sold better than superman's for a while. The fact that you reddit-browsing stucky-loving faggots don't know comic book history doesn't make OP wrong.

That doesn't make him most well known today.

Namor was also pretty popular in his heyday but he's literally who tier to everyone now.

Well unless you were around in the 30s/40s you weren't either. Or- let me guess- you think Cyborg is iconic? Deadpool? Cause you're in for some serious disappointment if you do.

t. milennial

Fuck off.

Iron Man and Capa re A-listers now

As they should be

It doesn't bother anyone that "DC" stands for Detective Comics. So when you say "DC Comics" you really mean Detective Comics Comics? It's like saying ATM Machine,(automatic teller machine machine), or the la brea tar pits (the the tar tar pits)

Litteraly no one cared who they were till they got their own movies.
Literalmente just name one single iconic superhero that made his debut while you were alive. Hardmode: no gwenpool.

So?

>muh memeposting

This is correct. Marvel's success is solely due to Disney Warbucks. Disney was roundly criticized and mocked for buying Marvel at the time. It doesn't change the fact that Marvel has reached heights that DC never thought possible.

comicvine.gamespot.com/articles/tsum-tsums-invade-the-marvel-universe/1100-155463/
It's esentially their cuck bitch company now. DC is the true supreme alpha male company, while Marvel chokes slowly on that BDC.