Why doesn't Batman just recruit Joker into his crusade?

Why doesn't Batman just recruit Joker into his crusade?

Joker's proven he can do good so long as it's funny. And what's more funny than tagging along with Batman and pestering while he tries to solve crime?

>Joker's proven he can do good so long as it's funny.
Joker by nature is as likely to work with you as turn on you is the problem. Al Ghul, The Riddler, The Penguin, and Two-Face have shown more restraint with backstabbing.

>Two-Face shows more restraint with backstabbing
isnt it a literally 50/50 chance?

>Joker's proven he can do good so long as it's funny

never
ever
never

what If Batman pretended to be the villain?

Do you even Justice League of Arkham?
Long story short, Joker plays along until he doesn't and tries to kill everyone.

Wouldn't it be a funnier gag if he decided to clean up the streets better than Batman?

That depends. Is Batman going to carry Joker in his arms while leaping from building to building in pursuit of criminals?

Al Ghul will always ultimately have some other goal that is more important than your alliance, The Penguin will be variously greedy, paranoid, and unprincipled, and Two-Face will really only be able to take interpreting "bad" flips benignly for so long.

My sense is that many versions will use it as a cover for their base desire or inclination in the matter, and when that turns against you, you are in trouble. It's really a question of when. The coin is just a filter.

Other versions will go for your throat in about a New York minute because they are totally arbitrary. And I mean that literally. It will be about a minute before they flip the wrong result and try to strangle Batman.

He'll just tell Joker to hold him tight

Holy shit FUND THIS

As usual, Sup Forums doesn't fail to disappoint.

>Long story short, Joker plays along until he doesn't and tries to kill everyone.

Yeah, that. Joker might think doing good is funny for a while, or occasionally do something that benefits someone else if it amuses him, but he could just as well decide "fuck it" and poison an orphanage the next minute. He's not interested in abiding anyone's rules but his own.

Batman could have sex with Joker to keep him from doing evil.

It's been done

Still more restraint.

Gordon, I know there must be some support group for people like you. Go to a few, you clearly have an unhealthy obsession on the matter.

But he didn't, he just drugged Batman then started dressing up as him. I don't even think he attempts to do better.

But that's assuming Batman actually wants Joker to stop committing murder.

There was. Joker killed them. Dramatic Irony is a motherfucker.

He punishes people for every single crime like jaywalking along with poisioning Batman to become the new Joker.

why doesn't batman just kiss the joker?

He's too shy