drepr af móði Miðgarðs véurr
munu halir allir heimstöð ryðja

Was actually expecting to have a discussion regarding linguistic purism

I like linguistic purism desu

What do you want to talk about exactly?

Iceland and Irish people are the rarest european flags on Sup Forums
not counting vatican city

Just some neologism opinions

I have talked with other Yugoslavs regards calling a tank oklopkol(shield-machine) and other such

Moldova,Andorra and Cyprus are more rare

But why Icelandic specifically?

Well, oklopno vozilo/oklopna kola would be armoured vehicle of any kind, not just a tank. And I think they call tanks tanks because they were initially designed to carry water or something.

Icelandic has little to no loanwords that's why

Yeah, their word for computer basically means number witch or number prophetess or something lmao.

Yep, it's fun to hear about some Icelandic neologisms
An alternative Albanian word for computer has been rendor meaning order-maker, it was a calque of French ordinator

Are you studying languages at a uni or just having fun?

We did a similar thing with računar. It means the thing that calculates, so yeah, we just translated computer into Serbian. In Croatian it's računalo.

Fun mostly
I actually also plan to publish a book with no loanwords and also partake in a lot of linguistics meetings

>tfw no linguistics meetings
Fuark, nice plan, lad. Is it a novel or what?

I am doing my MA in philology right now, but I have no idea what I am gonna do after that.

I'm currently studying maths(just because maths teachers are needed and I can find a job with a good pay instantly)

The book will be related to our mythology, the legend of Tomorr etc etv

I wish I could have studied something better desu but I am a brainlet

Well no problem
With your English + psychology studies you'll be fine

*philology
Pretty useless here. I can give language classes but that's it.

Gonna be diasbora :- DDD

Oh philology
I guess that's a less frequented subject, but you can look where meetings regarding philology are being held and get to know some people, since philology is one of those field you need to have some friends let's say

Hvað ertu sð pæla?

Hello there