Why do people kill other people

why do people kill other people...

Humans are violent just like any other primate. the only difference is that we kill adult members of our species regularly instead of infants, a position we share with lions, wolves and spotted hyenas

Because killing is justifiable in an infinitude of cases

men are evil

some people deserve it

americanisation

Because we always have and always will be a violent species.
Kill or be killed, that's how we evolved.
Just because we live in big cities and think of our self as advanced doesn't the fact the basic instincts still prevail over simple ideas and laws invented by society.

limited resources

*blocks your path*
stop trying to derive an ought from an is

those posts were purely descriptive, they never said anything about what people ought to do

you too would kill if the situation became desperate enough

>Because we always have and always will be a violent species
Isn't that presupposing our future actions from the way things currently are under the guise of natural law?

It's a prediction of how things will be in the future. He didn't say anything about whether it was desirable or moral.

People should stop killing other people and focus on their real task - killing me.

Because smelly infidels still hold Jerusalem

It still is a prediction derived from past chains of events without any explanation or basis other than the fact that "it's just the way things are", it doesn't have to be normative for it to be a prescriptive statement

>it doesn't have to be normative for it to be a prescriptive statement

Yes, yes it does. That's the difference between "prescriptive" and "predictive". The is/ought distinction is exactly the distinction between what's normative and what's descriptive. If I predicted that the sun would rise in the east tomorrow and will continue to do so every day for the next 5 billion years, would you call that an "ought" statement as well?

LOL, cheer up boris

I ought to make my government bomb your shit

Only if you promise to end my "life".

because it feels good in the moment. if you've ever been in a fight there is a moment before it all ends when you realize you can do anything to them. and you start smashing the teeth out of their skull and watch their body go limp after losing consciousness. generally you lose momentum after that unless you are truly enraged... then you just want to tear the body to sheds wroth your bare hands.

Epinephrine is one hell of a drug