youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
What do you think Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/W2F0dHVZAm8
snopes.com/patrick-stewart-on-galaxy-quest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Looks fucking awful.

Looks terrible. Seth MacFarlane is trash

He took all the time and money to do something dumb when he could have actually designed an original concept Sci fi.

If you're such a big fucking Trek nerd why not juice your way in actual Trek revival and keep them from doing all the retard shit they're doing now, making sure it's DOA. What's with this constant need for hypeaware sarcasm and pop culture references. Make something sincere once in your life.

I think it will start good, but get old -really- fast. But Seth MacFarlane throwing his weight behind it might get it 2, even 2 1/2 seasons.

>all new comedy from FOX!

Cautiously optimistic but it'll probably go to shit by the 5th episode.

He juiced his way into the Cosmos revival and produced a fucking shitfest.

bls add fan service Seth

Isn't this encroaching on cbs/paramount intellectual property? Especially with the new star trek show coming out.

Meh, not sure whether I like or not. I'll just wait till the series starts and see how it is.

Parody is protected by fair use.

>Galaxy Quest: The Show
Eh, I'll watch the pilot

Galaxy Quest was funny though.

>Galaxy Quest made into an actual TV show

I am ok with this.

Probably going to be a better Star Trek show than Sexually Transmitted: Disease.

>dude white people are evil
LMAO

Not even clicking this shit

Hyperdrive was alright, but not that great.

so, nu-family guy on a space ship?

They cancelled American Dad for this?

>Palicki
I'm in

This won't be as good as Star Wreck but looks far better than Powerless.

>he's in it
DROPPED

>making a parody over this and not star wars for massive shekels.
you stupid fuck.

YOU ALREADY MADE THIS POST

>seth still inserting himself as a comedy actor

stick to voice acting dude

I went to high school with her

>McFarlane's """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""jokes"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

>McFarlane's """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""humor"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I'll pass.

Star Trek is better for light parody, Star Wars is too serious business in terms of it's universe so you have to go full Space Balls, which wouldn't work in a tv series.

Oh man. It's almost like someone making it should have considered that by now. It sure would be a shame for everyone to have put all this time , money, and effort without checking fair use law.

Are you retarded?

Parody is protected. They'll probably still be butthurt. Particularly since it'll probably release before the shitshow that is the new Star Trek series, and may well be better too.

>Rubber forehead qt

Sold.

I'm not one of the reddit-reactionaries that hates Seth projects on sight, but that doesn't even look funny, tbph.

that part with him asking the bad guy alien to move into frame was pretty funny

This is the last Orville thread I'm going to post in. I can see it's set to be spammed five times a day every day. Thank you but no.

It really..... really does. This looks like it could have been good with someone else helming it. Low brow, crass, just not even humor.....

ugh....

Luckily I'm a pleb, it seemed pretty comfy. Do you like any of his other stuff?

Ted as actually funny and pretty good.

It seems like Seth though really wants to just make a Western, or make a scifi, but he feels like he's a "comedy guy" so he has to punch them up with irrelevant inane humour that revolves around conversational quirks. Ted was good by just being Ted, it wasn't a themed genre movie or anything it was just a bit of a silly comedy premise to work with with a touch of heart. Million Ways to Die and this show look like someone writing a general script and then saying, "we'll just add the funny later".

Most jokes are people having a plot or circumstance related conversation, but then they're diverted from the conversation by casual riffing for a moment.

He still can't craft jokes

Wow, a parody of Star Trek
What a new and creative idea, ripe for humor that has never been done before
Literally A Million Ways to Die in the West 2.0

Watching the trailer I feel like it will be super bland shit and then near the end for some reason Garth Marengi popped into my mind. Imagine if that whole show shtick had been done in this Star Trek parody format, would have been hilarious.

Not really. I like family guys early seasons. Some of them are ok, but for the most I think all 3 shows are ass. I guess Ted ok, a million ways to die in the west was pretty flat, but this looks pretty fucking shit.

Comedian:
>My wife likes to talk after sex, so she calls me from the hotel.

Seth:
>"Oh hi honey, oh you didn't need to call. Yeah I know you like to talk afterwards but you couldn't just talk to Sean? Well it doesn't sound like he's very emotionally supportive I don't know what you see in him. Say hi. Yeah. I found your red rimmed glasses by the way. No they were under the sofa. No the orange one. Yeah. Yeah. No I'm not going to bring them to you. Because I have work tomorrow. Is that him coughing in the background? Jesus you better not bring a cold home I cannot be sick right now. Yeah you tell him that. Alright, gonna say bye now. Bye. Bye. Yeah. Bye."
>Pull back to show he's in a hotel with a walrus himself under the bed covers, "now where were we?"

At least Seth is an actual Star Trek fan and not a faggot like the ones that made Galaxy Reddit

So you're saying McFarlane is better than regular comedians?

did you get to see her pusy? any good story of her? thank you

things that are not bad
>costumes
>designs
>graphics
>acting

things that are bad
>"jokes"

based pusy poster

He was in enterprise

Well, it's a sci-fi show on Fox, so it'll probably last one season. On the other hand, it'll probably be better than Discovery (when and if that ever arrives).

The robot is completely Data and the alien is completely Worf.
Couldn't they have made them their own persons while still being a parody of them?
They speak exactly the same as the ones they are parodying.

>Goofy Star Trek.
>Not Galaxy Quest.

I'm out.

I don't know what you mean she doesn't look like worf and worf can't break a huge hole in a wall.

I mean the unisex dude.
I just posted her cause of her sexy lips.

he'll never slaughter any holy cows with his default leftist perspective, and there fore he'll never be funny or relevant ever again

More like Seth MacFartlane

Hey /trek/, does anyone have that image of Sisko's dad with the caption "creole chef runnign at INCREDIBLE hihg speed"?

I can't find it in the archive

>user's "loose grasp of grammar and formatting"

So, after Ted 2 and Million Ways to Die in the West flopped, wouldn't you think that Seth should just stick to cartoons and voices?

>Orville will be terrible
>Discovery will be decent
>Orville will have millions of viewers because it airs on television
>Discovery will have hundreds of viewers because it airs online
>Orville will last five years
>Discovery will be canceled after one year
Prove me wrong.

Here you go.

That Worf character sucks.

I think it would have been a great idea for Paramount to do a Star Trek comedy series. Even better would be a retro show that looks like the original with lots of sex, nudity, blood and gore. I'm tired of the serious bullshit we've been getting since TNG. Time to do something different. An R-rated Star Trek series would suit me fine, especially if the called it STAR TREK: DARK STAR in honor of one of my favorite Sci-fi comedies!!!FACT!!! youtu.be/W2F0dHVZAm8

No, American Dad is one of his non trash gems.

Remember Almost Human? Not great but it had a lot of potential, and the cancelled it to make room for Gotham.

>Discovery will be decent
nope

I'll give the pilot a watch, if there's one thing Seth legit loves it's Star Trek

>Discovery will have hundreds of viewers because it airs online

it'll have millions of viewers, outside the US because it'll be on Netflix. irony.

In a world where swamp ppl and once upon a time and izombie exist this looks like the work of mozart

dat Norm MacDonald alien

This
Discovery is going to be a fucking moving abortion

I'm not sure Star Trek has that kind of international support. The international figures for the last three movies weren't anything spectacular.

a couple million viewers across every country Netflix broadcasts to isn't such an outrageous proposition.

>Low brow, crass, just not even humor

Never quite your tastes? Such a shame.

>tv parody of a franchise that hasn't been on tv in well over a decade
Yeah, really striking while the iron is hot there.

It's just like that show on TBS that is parodying Lost in 2017.

>2017
>internet
>everything is online
>everyone watches everything
>nothing's "hot" anymore

Everyone knows about Star Trek and Star Trek related stuff thanks to The Big Bang Theory

Looks good. I might watch it.

Are you kidding? The guys who made Galaxy Quest were huge Star Trek fans.

Reddit story here

The cast of TNG were initially reluctant to see Galaxy Quest because they thought it mocked them.
But Patrick Stewart saw it and immediately phoned up Frakes and was like "Jon, you need to see this"

They loved it.
Appropriately too
Because it's a loveletter to Star Trek

>what is Blue Harvest
>what is Robot Chicken

I heard it was the reverse - that Frakes saw it first and recommended it to Stewart. And that Stewart was initially reluctant not because he was worried about it making fun of "him" (though it was really more of a parody of TOS than TNG), but rather because he was worried it made fun of the fans of the show, of Trekkies.

Whatever the truth
Everyone who loves Trek should watch it

It's a parody but it's a loving parody

was that norm mcdonald is the slime on the floor?

It was definitely Frakes calling Stewart. There's a video of it, too, somewhere, but I can't find it now. snopes.com/patrick-stewart-on-galaxy-quest/

>scifi show
>fox
6 episodes maybe 9 but they'll be switching the night it airs 2 or 3 times before they cancel it.

Why is Seth now trying to break into acting? He really isn't that good.

after watching the trailer, 6 episodes. And they'll still fuck with the time slot.

Has ST become a meme?

At the 2013 Las Vegas Star Trek convention, it was voted the 7th best Star Trek movie of all time. As the Las Vegas convention is THE Star Trek convention, I choose to believe that it's been officially canonized since then as a Star Trek flick.

For a little bit during the voting it was actually in 2nd place, and it was hilarious to me to see certain sorts of Trekkies sperging out at that fact and crying foul and demanding that it be removed from the options and so on.

I'm...not a typical Trekkie. My favorite TOS episode is "A Piece of the Action", for example. I remember that while Star Trek had its serious moments, it had its moments of utter ludicrousness, as well. Such things should be remembered and encouraged.

Which is why I love the "Sabotage" scene in Beyond, for example.

Totally agree.
I'd put Galaxy Quest a lot higher than 7th in the scheme of things.
IV>II>VI>Galaxy Quest>I

I also loved Sabotage.
It was fun. Star Trek is meant to be fun. I just wished the main bad guy was really an alien and not just a corrupted human

Actually listed this out a few days ago over on /tg/...

1. The One with the Klingon that Quotes Shakespeare
2. Classical Music
3. The Wrath of KHAAAAAAAAN!!!
4. Galaxy Quest
5. The One with the Whales
6. The One with the Borg
7. The Best Bad One
8. The One with Both Captains
9. The One that Rebooted the Frachise
10. Wherein God Needs a Starship
11. Wrath of Khan II: Electric Boogaloo
12. The One that Killed the Franchise
13. The Slow-Motion Picture
14. The Worst One (AKA, Space Luddites)

may i ask what she like in high school?

me to. ABC should given her own show

Looks about on par with Star Trek Discovery.

More or less accurate
I'd rank Beyond a little lower

What's "Best Bad One'?

Trek III, "The Search for Spock". It's not really a bad movie at all, it's just unfortunately sitting smack dab between II and IV and isn't quite as good as either of them.

Of course
No, it isn't THAT bad.
I liked the "McCoy acting as Spock" segments
The lighting was cool.
I also liked the Klingons being brutal

I didn't like Spock being resurrected but, that's what needed to happen for the franchise to continue
We wouldn't have IV or VI otherwise

Maybe /tg/ should stop reminding us of how they're Reddit and Tumblr combined