Hello Sup Forums. I'll just cut to the chase

Hello Sup Forums. I'll just cut to the chase.

I live in a pretty bad neighborhood (California), and I must walk to work every day. About a week ago, my good friend was robbed of his wallet at knife point by a group of you know what's. Two days later, I went out and bought pic related. My question to you guys is if any of you know the laws on when to shoot someone and how many times I can shoot them? I know the self defense laws are weird in California and I don't want to be thrown in jail for simply defending myself. Thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

shouselaw.com/self-defense.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNsTkogfLU
youtube.com/watch?v=S2LKZy5-y64
youtube.com/watch?v=UV_1zXdDf4Y
amazon.com/VIPERTEK-VTS-979-Rechargeable-Disable-Flashlight/dp/B00FPDL4H0/ref=sr_1_4?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1469517893&sr=1-4&keywords=taser
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You can defend yourself in Cali?

Try /k/

I heard somewhere that there's a two shot limit when defending yourself.

checkd
shouselaw.com/self-defense.html
If you believe you are in danger you can use self defense as a defense for murder.

you are only allowed to use lethal force if you have an imminent fear of great bodily injury or death. The very moment that possibility ends, you no longer have the ability to use lethal force as self defense. Example:
>a basketball american approaches you and shoves you into a dark alley and pulls out a knife/gun/bat and approaches you saying hes going to kill you
you pepper that guy until he stops twitching. This part is important, because it's your word against a dead man's and dead men can't sue you.

this is very important. If you plan on using a gun for self defense, you better be committed to taking a life if you ever draw. Otherwise the legal work that follows will blow your anus apart.

example B:
>Jaun Gonzalez approaches you for bus fair money, and gets aggressive with you when you refuse, but never commits a physical assault or battery on you. You draw and suddenly Juan turns and runs. Juan then dies from rapid installment of lead at high velocity.

This is homicide. The assault or direct anticipation of an assault ended when Juan turned and ran.

In Texas you can shoot people for stealing your shit or just brandish it at them if you think it will get the job done.

I'm pretty sure that if you shoot someone in CA you will get rekt by the state.

so make sure to end them while they're facing you in other words

if you think it's seriously that easy to avoid being butt-pounded in prison, yes.

Realistically you better hope they are armed, and don't think shoving a knife on them afterwards will work.

The important thing again, is that you are in fear of great bodily injury or death. Some guy getting snippy with your autistic ass isn't enough to blow him away, so you better make sure that if it escalates to where you draw a weapon on someone and potentially kill them, you were not the one to take it that far.

>tfw live in no issue county

you've asked a few questions.

in general, if you have the ability to escape/run, you need to escape/run

the only valid reason to pull a gun on someone is because you had a reasonable fear that your life was in imminent danger.

this means that the potential attacker(s) had the means, motive, and opportunity. they had to be close enough, they had to have demonstrated that they wanted to hurt you, and they had to have way(s) to do it.

if a reasonable person would fear for their life, and if you have no possible way to escape the situation, THEN, draw your weapon, aim it at the closet threat, and yell

"STOP OR I"LL SHOOT"

if they do not immediately stop threatening you, you fire 2 shots immediately at the center of mass. (their torso)

Do not fire once. Fire twice - immediately.

The reason for this is - data about stopping bad guys with handguns says that 2 shots are required to reliably STOP a threat. This is what all self defense schools teach and this is what law enforcement is also taught.

After you have fired two shots, you need to evaluate. Have all the threats STOPPED?

If not, fire two more shots at the most threatening threat's torso.

However, if ti is the same guy, and you got both shots to hit him last time, and he is still pressing the attack, you MAY choose to put one shot to the center of the face. Your goal is to hit in the rectangle that goes from eye to eye and across the nose. This is all soft; if you put a bullet in here, it bounces around inside the brain and has a very good chance of an immediate STOP

This is also taught at self-defense schools - if 2 shots center of mass to not stop an attacker, you MAY try for a head shot as described here.

The laws in California do not matter. You are only pulling your gun because you literally think you might die if you do not. You've already thought about how to escape and cannot.

The saying goes: better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

The law in california is that you continue to shoot them until there is no longer a threat.

This could mean a few things. The person is dead, the person high-tailed it out of there with a gut full of bullets, or the person evacuated their bowels, dropped to their knees, and begged for their life. You would wisely stop shooting if the third thing happened.

you people spend an awful amount of time playing out the victim fantasy in your head
i bet this is your fetish

blame niggers desu

>group of you know whats

They're called niggers, you fucking faggot.

Take that piece of shit gun and end yourself, or just fuck off back to Redit. Either will do.

Just to add to this, I've heard that a single, well-placed headshot can be counted against you, even in self-defense, due to its implications.

If the two shots to center mass somehow results in a headshot, then that's a different story - and you'd better stick to it.

It's Cali, could be Mexicans. He is also speaking libtard because he's in a cuckstate.

>data shows
do you even go outside? this shit is hilarious.

>califag
>bought a 9mm with gimped mag capacity

Why? If youre limited to 10 rounds you should have went with 10mm or 45 acp. Bad choice enjoy dumping half your mag to drop 1 nig only to be rushed by 3 more

This is old as fuck

Nobody gets CCW permits in LA

And Fresno has been will issue for years

>you people spend an awful amount of time playing out the victim fantasy in your head

I am expressing the advice I have received from multiple lawyers who are familiar with self-defense shooting in the US.

One of those lawyers was a speaker at a 4 day self-defense shooting course I attended.

It's important to know the decision tree, having it committed to memory, and practice it.

(Part of my training involved yelling "STOP OR I'LL SHOOT" at the paper targets on the gun range. Seriously)

The reason for this - in a high-stress situation, your cognitive brain works very poorly. You tend to revert back to behaviors you have practiced and internalized.

Failing to plan is the same thing as planning to fail.

OP asked an important question. It is, by definition, a matter of life and death.

One other thing, OP: when you get on the defense stand, the prosecutor is going to ask you why you kept taking the same route to work even thought you knew it was dangerous. Why didn't you find some other way?

They'll ask, because they are assholes. You better have a good reason.

two to the chest, one to the head.

Keep in mind, no warning shots allowed. If you are firing a warning shot, then you obviously didn't think you were in real danger, or you would have shot them or run instead. You also have to watch out if you even point the weapon at them, as that can be 'brandishing.' If you point it at them and then they run away, they can get you arrested or sue you.

Our laws are retarded, so don't point it at them unless you are going to kill them. Hell, I'm not even sure it's safe to take it out even if you don't point it at them. Can someone confirm if merely showing that you have a weapon, even if it's holstered, counts as brandishing?

>Implying they own a gun in mexico
>Either they are lying or they are a drugbeaner

How is SoCal this time of year?

10 +1

45 acp is shit out of a subcompact.

I was talking about Jews you fucking chink faggot.

This

It penetrates worse than a chinaman's micropenis

9mm or .45
youtube.com/watch?v=ZWNsTkogfLU

Glock 19

Meh, double stack 9mm M1911.

Gross

Is it just me or is Glock 19 a shit for accuracy?

Shot a CZ 75 and a Sig 2022 and did much better

>not joining the 10mm Master Race

youtube.com/watch?v=S2LKZy5-y64

Where's this neighborhood and what town? Stockton?

>Just to add to this, I've heard that a single, well-placed headshot can be counted against you, even in self-defense, due to its implications.If the two shots to center mass somehow results in a headshot, then that's a different story - and you'd better stick to it.

Your intentions and state of mind during the shooting will get a lot of questions.

If you say, "i aimed at his torso both times, just like I was trained", but one of the shots somehow hits him in the face", that's not actually a big problem, because the prosecutor doesn't expect you to be a perfect shot. Cops are notoriously inaccurate shooters.

If you said, "i decided to shoot him in the face", you've got a problem, unless you can explain why that was the appropriate decision, consistent with your training in how to STOP an attacker.

So, along those lines: We were trained in one specific scenario to start with a headshot.

Suppose that you come home, and a bad guy is in your house, holding a knife/gun to the neck/head of a family member. They may or may not be hiding behind your family member, with just their head sticking out.

In this situation, it is appropriate to attempt a first-shot head-shot against the bad guy.

Again, if you have had professional self defense training with handguns, you can explain to the jury that you behaved the way you were trained. You can even offer a copy of the training materials into evidence during the trial.

The prosecution will attempt to say you acted recklessly, or put others at risk, or were a crazy racist, or thought a gun made you able to become a police officer.

Your rebuttal is to know what the use-of-force rules are, know what respected/accepted self-defense schools teach you to do, present that training as evidence, and show that you followed the training to the best of your ability, given the difficult situation that the attacker placed you in, with no opportunity for you to escape the situation.

>it bounces around inside the brain
Stop it.

If you shoot them in the back you are fucked legally. Shoot once and watch them scatter real fast. Only fire more shots when one goes Trayvon on you. Unloading a mag on dindus can be tricky.

>>it bounces around inside the brain
>>Stop it.

Sorry; you're right. Smaller rounds (like the 22) can have that effect, but larger rounds exit.

The point is, a hit to that region of the face has only soft tissue to pass through before plowing through the brain, which makes a one-shot stop much more likely.

Why do people bother with guns if you're going to get thrown in jail for shooting your attacker?

there are like, 2 10mm pistols you can buy in california because we have a bullshit handgun roster. The glock 20 and a kimber 1911

Look up state and local laws dumbass. You know where you live

California Self Defense Laws Outside of Your Home (CALCRIM #505 and #506)
Of course, not all self-defense situations occur inside your home. Even though there is not a specific statute for standing your ground, California law does recognize your right to defend yourself with deadly force. California Jury Instructions (CALCRIM #505 and #506) describe this as “justifiable homicide.”

A jury is instructed to find you innocent of homicide, assault or other charges if you were acting reasonably under the circumstance. A reasonable circumstance under California Jury Instructions #505 and #506 means:

You reasonably believed you were in danger of being injured or killed;
You reasonably believed that you needed to use force to prevent this from happening; and
You used no more force than was necessary to stop the threat.4
If you are facing a reasonable threat of being injured or killed, you do not have to run away under California law. As long as you did not make the first strike, a skilled criminal defense attorney can argue that you were acting in self-defense.

You know I had my car broken into where I live and police came out and I am a licensed gun owner, said I will be keeping an eye out for them in the future and the cop said, in an unofficial way, if you shoot em, kill em. It is a headache if you don't.

So even off record cops suggest the same thing. Might explain why they like to kill instead of maim as well. But they get more shit now for that obviously.

You won't if you have a legitimate reason, at least in America. Here, we can't even carry a stick with us (anything at all) for the specific purpose of self defense.

"licensed gun owner"

wtf does that mean, user?

Check out this one by Iraqveteran8888.
youtube.com/watch?v=UV_1zXdDf4Y

>Why do people bother with guns if you're going to get thrown in jail for shooting your attacker?

Having a court case and possible jail time sounds better to you than dying.

Dying is the end. There's no appeals process.

You pull out the gun if and only if there's no other way for you to get out of the situation where you think your life is likely to end.

Your life, post self-defense shooting, may not be all that great. Zimmerman is a notable example. I guess you could ask him if he'd rather be dead.

Is that some autism shit you do with your ammo?

To add to this, if you end up with a jury trial, as long as you used the gun in a fairly reasonable fashion, then worst case scenario, you will end up with a hung jury, and at that point the question will be to go for a retrial which most likely will not happen.

It means he's not some delinquent criminal you mong.

The tried and true Mozambique Drill. I used to work for Sierra-Online and we had a game called SWAT and the training drilsl were all..2 to the body 1 to the head..was fun shit back in the day. Will never forget that voice over guys read of that. Real Swat officers were used in it.

Sorry, I am back now.

It's a mix of penetrating rounds and expanding rounds. Best of both worlds.

last I knew you dont need a license to own a gun, fucko. What license are you talking about? Can you show me a picture of one? I'm not talking about a concealed weapons permit.

Californian here, buy a taser too. Less trouble if they catch you carrying one in public. The sound it makes is enough to scare most jigaboos.

You can open carry a knife on you that's as big as you want (even machete size) as long as it's OPENLY visible. Law says so.

Nigga 80 percent of cali beefs end in a parking lot,freeway or infront of your house so carrying a subcompact on you is pretty damn stupid. If youre dumb enough to buy a gun instead of a car to get to work then kill yourself with that gun.

Look, $20 will get you this bad bitch. Guaranteed to scare the shit out of most spear chuckers. They are LOUD AS FUCK.

amazon.com/VIPERTEK-VTS-979-Rechargeable-Disable-Flashlight/dp/B00FPDL4H0/ref=sr_1_4?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1469517893&sr=1-4&keywords=taser

Look up my hero Bernard Goetz. Just act like him and youll be fine.