Why would an alien race even bother meddling in our political affairs instead of killing us all or enslaving us?

Why would an alien race even bother meddling in our political affairs instead of killing us all or enslaving us?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale
youtu.be/sNhhvQGsMEc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They want our gold and the free market is the best way to get it efficiently

How very communist. Will you be stealing from other's labor tomorrow too?

Any race that could traverse the universe to reach us could easily amass an army of robots that would break earth down into its constituant elements and ship them wherever they are needed before we even realize we've been atomized.

What a coincidence this thread was made. I was just thinking about alien life and our role in the universe.

Let me share my thoughts. A revekation I just had.

Imagine a world where aliens met with earth's leaders to discuss if we are ready for warpdrive and intermingling with other species. The answer is obviously a no. Philosophically, we are still a war planetx and supremely dangerous to other societies.. so if we were contacted, and we are in this thought experiment, we would be denied access to the universe and informed of the decision.

Enter the New World Order. The elites stage a world coup on themselves because they know the only way for mankind to reach the stars is for the human race to split off from its cancerous form like a cell splitting.

I believe Hilary is theater. Everyone is betting on her upsetting the balance and tipping the world in a new direction.

I had something for the satanist practices and rituals of people in power but I lost it.. some other time.

KeK shall save us.

Praise kek.

They are slowly dying out and require human specimens to breed. Look up the Dulce base.

Tall Greys, Reptillians, short greys. Heck, even the Nazi's got a piece.

Some of them might be waiting for humans to kill each other.

Wars are expensive.

They have already enslaved us. The best kind of slave is one that believes itself to be free.

Better ask Junker that, he's the one who's in tight with them, based on that speech he gave about the Brexit.

I'd like to imagine that if an alien race has discovered us and hasn't contacted that its because its quietly observing us. To determine whether or not we are worthy.

For the Lulz

Several reasons, the first being our potential. We have a very quick reproductive cycle and thus easy to malleate, so cnce we reach singularity, we become an enlightened species that can modify it's own physical attributes and may actually become useful to have around.

look at mankind and it's relation to other species. WTF do humans want with Tucans, sheep, dogs or chimpanzees? aliens might want the same thing. and since they mastered interstellar travel, i doubt its for human burgers or sled-human teams, so,probably closer to humanity's relation to tucans or butterflies, a marvel of natural science.

unless it's an early terran species, given the chronology of this planet, and the supposed technological evolution of stone bashing apes into computer using "non-animals", given the age of the planet, life on earth, there could easily have been a race of reptiles who far surpassed our present state, they have a low population and small logistical overhead due to technology, and just hang around smoking space weed in the moons of saturn. I use reptiles as an absurd example, and because of the connotation, it would probably be pinnipeds or kangaroos, or some "dead end" of evolution that didn't die off, just fucked off to space.

None of our animal species are like us though. There's a huge difference between a sapient being considering other sapient beings vs a sapient being considering non-sapient beings. We don't care much for animals because they aren't like us. Aliens would know that we were like them, capable of the same things that animals are not.

Watching /x/ humanize the motives of potential aliens is pretty hilarious. If we're talking about a spacefaring civilization capable of interstellar flight at near FTL or even greater than FTL speeds:
>They won't need our resources, whatever you want is plentiful in the void of space with far less effort
>They won't need our labor, surely they've mastered robotics
>If they hate us and want the Earth, they can occupy and genocide us quickly
>If they want the Earth gone, they can just throw a bowling ball at us at .99999999999c

Being that these are the only real motives I could think of for caring about us, there is basically no reason for subterfuge or hiding the shadows. Humans pose no threat to anyone that can cross the stars; they would look at us like we look at an ant colony. Anyone with nefarious intentions would've openly acted upon them long ago. The only reason I can think aliens would be secretive or hide themselves is if they had positive intentions for us (e.g "United Federations of Planets" kind of stuff). Either we're protected and not contacted for our own development or we're some kind of off-limits preserve.

I have a feeling that there would be evidence of such a civilization.

It's also possible that sentience is very very rare if life exists on other planets (which it probably does) and that we are the first to have achieved it in the galaxy.

w-what if we are the precursor race?

>there is basically no reason for subterfuge or hiding the shadows
most logical assumption. Assuming they want anything to do with us or with the planet I imagine the most likely outcome would be the Independence Day scenario.

This is disregarding the possibility of concious energy being siphoned off by beings who feed on us.

What if the only resource they want/need from us is our psychic/mental energy?

Advanced species don't make contact or meddle in the affairs of ants, we are the fuckin' ants

Imagine if you are hundreds of thousands, if not millions years ahead in evolution and technology.

Your body is enhanced far beyond it's ancestors' limits. Your intellectual capacity is increased by ridiculous amounts aswell.

You managed to conquer death, wars, famine and your home planet/galaxy is prospering in all aspects.

You have mastered the use of energy, aka you don't destroy planets, asteroids or w/e for mining to fuel your galactic voyage.

Your species' goal is to travel the galaxy and help developing planets and civilizations advance and prosper.

You manage to arrive on Earth and see a war torn planet, which is being literally destroyed by it's own inhabitants for resources and petty territory disputes. A planet in which, the leaders voluntarily draw back technological advancement and scientific progress because of books written by pedophiles in the desert thousands of years ago. Leaders, who knowingly push programs that instead of educating, enslave and dumb down their own people.

You send a message to all the planet's leaders, offering free technology, medicinal and cultural advancement, that will propel human species thousands of years ahead in a few decades. Your only desire is to see those poor, blind creatures to be able to live a long live and explore the galaxy and all of it's beauty.

The message is received by all leaders of the modern world. Huge meeting is called in secrecy, where all the leaders are present, without exception. That includes all of the real owners of the governments.

"It's a simple decision ladies and gentlemen, we can either accept the aliens' proposal stop fighting forever, but lose control over the minds of the population, or we can keep our herd of sheep just how we like them, dumb, barely living and obedient".

30 minutes later by unanimous decision the message is forever deleted with 0 traces of it's existence.

>cont

Ants aren't sapient. Both us an ayy lmaos are. They wouldn't consider us as non-sapient. We're the only intelligent species here.

As a species we have not been privy to ET/ED life because there's more of an advantage to dealing only with the elite of another species, not the entire damn group. A much, much larger advantage. You'd lose out on a lot by making your entire species and civilization know to another entire species/civilization.

true, but, say in the span of 4 million years... heck even 100,000 years the earth will reclaim anything. it erodes, plastics will bio-degrade, carved stone quaries regain their rippled and irregular edges.

>precursor race
well then the universe is fucked if we're the best and brightest, and zenith of metaphysical, existential cognition. thankfully we aren't, this is a fairly old universe, or sun was made of a recycled star that was made out of recycled star stuff from when the universe didn't even have alkali metals yet. creepier still is we can see some of this happening at a distance, and, it's happening "then" and not "now" thanks to the finite speed of light.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation
N = N* fp ne fl fi fc fL
>N = The number of civilizations in The Milky Way Galaxy whose electromagnetic emissions are detectable.

>R* = The rate of formation of stars suitable for the development of intelligent life.

>fp = The fraction of those stars with planetary systems.

>ne = The number of planets, per solar system, with an environment suitable for life.

>fl = The fraction of suitable planets on which life actually appears.

>fi = The fraction of life bearing planets on which intelligent life emerges.

>fc = The fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space.

>L = The length of time such civilizations release detectable signals into space.

It's a statistical improbability that aliens do not exist.
The question is why would they care?
That all depends on how many habitable worlds are in the milky way.
We're most likely to be killed for our nice habitable planet.

fyi the drake equation is garbage and nothing but assumptions

>robots

Chemical/biological weapons, you mean.

>w-what if we are the precursor race?
Ever read Arthur C Clarke 'Time Odyssey' series? The First Born (first race to achieve sentience, probably billions of years before earth) are complete selfish cunts, so yeah that could be humans given a few million galactic cycles.

It's an early Sunday morning and you got some time to check out of the news after a quick jog and a cold shower.

It's been a grueling week working for that ungrateful boss and putting up with everybody's shit at work, but you need the money so you gotta go through it like everyone else does.

You open the news with the first sip of coffee and the first cigarette burning, you start looking up what you missed since your last free day one week ago.

Your tired eyes gaze upon news articles featuring the latest:
>Muslim murders and rapes in broad daylight
>BLM murdering cops
>Mass shootings
>Wars and terrorist attacks all over the globe
>Child organ traffic rings, drug cartels
>Suicide, homicide, unemployment, home ownership rates going through the roof

But all of that is shadowed by the huge amount of coverage the upcoming election holds.

You spend a couple of hours going through all the quagmire, have lunch, take a nap, give the kids some money to go buy something that will put a smile on their little faces.

Your wife is making sure she won't let your free day go to waste, by showering you with all the problems of her friends and her own insecurities.

You just don't care anymore and after a cold dinner and a warm shower you go to bed.

Looking at the clock you have another 8 hours and you have to be at work again. In few moments you have before you drift off to sleep, you start wondering what it would have been like if the world wasn't such a fucked up place and instead of spending your entire life fighting/working for survival, you had the opportunity to travel and explore.

Your thought process is interrupted by the ever fastening embrace of sleep...

There's plenty of reasons to care.

What there isn't, is any reason to reveal the existence of your entire civilization and race, to another civilization and race. There's no advantages, only disadvantages. That's why my theory is we've been visited heavily by many aliens of many types. We, as a species, do not know of this because they only reveal themselves to the Humans in power and control, who for good reasons would heartily agree to also keep them secret.

Of course it is.
We don't know any type 2+ civilizations.
We can't just ask, were not even a type 1 civilization ourselves.
All we can do is theorize, and I would say the Drake equation is sounds. It will be phased out once we truly know.

>they want our gold

Well, as not even a type 1 civilization we don't have a choice. If aliens discover us we are at their mercy. It ultimately comes down the nature of the alien.
But for all we know oxygen could be poisonous to them, or they are aberrant monstrosities who absorb carbon through their exoskeletons.
Life can have so many variable possibilities.
We could not possibly defend ourselves from a type 3+ civilization.

yes well, consider the chronology, while we can use earth's characteristics as a baseline, it's in no way the entirety of the universe, time, etc. so, say another species, in a spiral arm decides to go full zenith, where they are greeted by a (quite possibly) infinite amount of other species, all who have had universal revelations and realizations by not being the sole intelligence.

and while this is a far on the spectrum example, there could be squidpeople landing on their moon, planting a flag of stars and stripes.

dealing with the infinite is funky.

pretty much, like calculating how many people named vermouth are picking their nose and eating pickles with the other hand, have, are or will ever live in the void of infinity.

I think the Aliens can't get off Earth because they lost the technology and they've stayed here too long.

what if sapience is super common and not at all special?

Precisely, there are any number of insane forms of life. All sorts of extremophile paths of evolution, completely different from carbon based life forms.
Some of which would be so incredibly alien their ways of thinking would be nonsense to us, and vice versa.
I enjoy thinking of it, it fills me with a potent mix of awe and fear.

>Aliens can't get off Earth because they lost the technology and they've stayed here too long
Dem Kangz pyramids are outta melanin

Then its the Star Trek scenario except probably not the alien babe part of it.

what if we have already, multiple times, and that's why humanity can populate mars with robots after less than 0.0000000000000000000000001% of it's time as a distinct set of sub-species. why not meerkats, rats or raccoons and stuff? they're omnivorous, gregarious and have decent paw/hand joint manipulation, mammalian brains, shit, why not bonobos?

I have not, but, it would make sense that they might seem selfish, the interspecies "it's not you it's me." like when you're at a park and there's a sign saying don't feed the pigeons, but they're cute, and want to know why you wont feed them, that rice looks tasty. responsibilities yo. on the other hand if they're selfish cunts for building intergalactic highways through people's front yards, well, morality, humility and ethics don't exist in a closed system without precedent.

How could you possibly coexist with something you can't even understand?

Would it even be possible for humans or these aliens to form empathetic links with creatures who are just way too different?

Kek, intergalactic sex tourists will either be extremely disgusted by alien women.
Or strangely intrigued..

>Maybe they're always been with us... those things out there. Maybe they love it... seeing us hate each other, watching us kill each other off, feeding on our own cold fuckin' hearts...

But we have no idea if aliens have evolved with sexual, asexual, or some other unknown form of reproduction.

The likelihood of a female alien having a cooter which is at all fuckable by us is improbable.

>killing us all or enslaving us?

>killing all of us

it wouldn't make sense to kill off all your head of cattle would it?

>enslaving us

we already are enslaved. the best prison is one where the prisoners don't even realize they are in prison

www.montalk.net

If a hostile type 2+ civilization wanted our planet it could be theirs in no time.
Our planet could easily have been populated by any number of sentient species given time, assuming we never evolved.
Not even necessarily mammalian either, we just so happened to have an evolutionary leg up after the last mass extinction.
Hell, if we went extinct another sentient species could rear it's head given enough time without unsurvivable mass extinction events.

Through technology I suppose, assuming their minds function even close to our own.
We would likely appear to be a very barbaric and backwards species in comparison to them.
They could be a collective mind, they might not even have brains and communication as we know them.

That's true.
Not to mention how vastly different our genes would be.
It would be akin to a dog trying to bone a crab.

no need to trip, they might not even exist in molecular structures as we know them, but some coded frequencies, shadows from pulsars and subatomic resonance.

still though, you'd have your space monkeys, sci-fi space raiders, you'd have your protoss, and then you would have the ones at such an apex of development and realization that, they would, like dr.mahattans or deities, be metaphysically omniscient. and, for an eternity, that could be similar to being asleep, (or even dead in the if a tree falls sense) or seeing nothing but a void. filling their time with willful ignorance, samsara, exploration, self-deception, etc. a sleep within that slumber and escape.

I feel like you underestimate humanity's capacity. it might be a 5 hour war since we don't really have a whole species, fully integrated war economy with big fucking guns pointed at the sky, but, considering it hasn't happened, as folksy as it sounds, it's like the good prevails above THEM.

>n the other hand if they're selfish cunts for building intergalactic highways through people's front yards
They want to inhibit the energy use of other sentient species, thereby maximizing the amount of energy they can harness to observe and persist in the universe, and possibly survive into the 10^500 years it will take for all stars to die, black holes to evaporate, and (if it is a thing) proton decay to be almost complete and the fragments are separated by trillions and trillions of light years of void, i.e the eventual heat death of the universe (the way Clarke has assumed it will end in this particular set of books). The First Born view everyone else as niggers living of their cosmic energy gibs. So as soon as a race that looks like the might go type 1+ civ is spotted they pull some really nasty shit. Pretty good read actually

A civilization that has mastered interstellar travel wouldn't need to bother getting gold on earth. They could just mine an ateroid field and get much more gold or rare minerals this way.

The only interesting thing to harvest on earth would be complex organic molecules, but only assuming life is relatively uncommon in the universe.

kek'd

If they were mining out entire sections of the galaxy, it would make sense for Earth to be included.

>Kecksburg Acorn
>Kecksburg
>Kecks
>Keck
>Kek

ayy fucking lmao

But then why wouldnt they just eradicate the humans instead of meddling in political affairs and delaying excavation?

pretty much

For teh lulz

>Why would an alien race even bother meddling in our political affairs instead of killing us all or enslaving us?

Why would it bother killing us? If it has free access to space, it neither needs the space nor resources we have.

It wouldn't bother enslaving us either since at this point it'll have all the automation it would ever need.

It actually makes more sense for them to interfere in our politics to stop us destroying ourselves in the hope that they'll eventually get friends. Or keep getting the entertainment we produce.

I wouldn't be surprised if some advance space civilization private company has been tapping into all the media we produce and selling it as dumb, cheap entertainment.

maybe for fun, like it's a giant game of civilization

>why wouldnt they just eradicate the humans instead of meddling in political affairs and delaying excavation?
Some important space faggot lost his crystal skull somewhere in south america and wants it back, also they probably want to snag the Ark of the Covenant to put in their space novelties shop.

Actual reason for alien invasion movies
>Somewhere on Vorkon
>Hey we are running out of water
>Lets go the Haunsea
>Hey you know that planet with the stupid arboreal creatures?
>Yh?
>They got water too
>But Haunsea right there
>Cmon man we can send in some ships invade their planet and probably cause some nice explosions and shit man
>Thats a good idea

Might be aliens writing a massive wikipedia, only interested in documenting things.

I'm going to bed, I desperately wish I could see this thread through.
On your first point I agree wholeheartedly. Given the universe is billions of years old countless species have no doubt risen and fallen.
Their could be omniscient sentient energy clouds feeding off energy in the center of the universe for all we know.
But yes, there are theories that we will never meet aliens because of galactic expansion outstripping the best engines we could produce. Making travel near impossible, but I'm unsure. That's a theory based on principles we currently understand.

On your second point I have to disagree. We are roughly at a .6-7 of the tiers of civilization.
We would simply be outclassed by any aliens with sufficient technology to reach us.
For example: Imagine a legion of Space Marines persecuting an exterminatus on us.
We would be utterly powerless to stop them as we are glassed from orbit.
I'll leave you this link on tiers to get an idea. The bottom of the article lists the extensions to the original.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

They are doing both of those things were pretty much labrats to test on to see how scenarios pan out if it were to happen on their world

I like the way this leaf think. Here's your U

>For example: Imagine a legion of Space Marines persecuting an exterminatus on us.

This is highly unlikely. For a civilization to have mastery of space, it needs to have mastered itself first. It can't still be violent and impulsive like we are.

Look at it this way. With our current technology, dunecoons can hijack a plane and fly it into buildings and kill thousands.

But if we as a species are still the same once we have a bunch of mining asteroids in orbit and factories and shit, random dunecoons can crash one into a city and wipe it out.

We can't have space + bloody violent dune coons. We have to get rid of the later or we'll never have the former.

Same with aliens. They would have destroyed themselves before reaching us otherwise.

Fermi paradox is what I was referring too.
Here's a good video to explain the basics of it.
youtu.be/sNhhvQGsMEc

For real why do either?

If they can get here then their tech is WAAAAY above ours.

What's on Earth? Earth life and civilization. Apart from that it's made of the same shit that's scattered everywhere. Why come here to mine bauxite? No point.

Humans plus Earth life is the only asset that means anything.

Kill it? Why? What point? They can do it any time they want if we look to be a threat and right now we're centuries away from interstellar travel.

Enslave? What do a bunch of smelly farting scratching monkeys have that a nice shiny perfect AI robot doesn't?

Scientific or cultural or some such interest is the only thing left.

Contact would only stir up the monkeys. Silent observation is the most sensible approach.

I think this plot was in an episode on star trek, i didn't see it but i think i saw it referenced once... can't remember where.

realistically, we'd have to figure out why they'd be fucking with us, in universal reasoning, they could do it "just cause we're evil" or they're evil or any of that philo nonesense, but more realistically it would be resources, this is something we see in nature, more often than killing for sport or dominating the planes for sport, especially when you consider it, why would we as a species, if capable of star-hopping, ever fuck with a type 1 civ just for shitsngiggles?

it would be due to resources, either they've fucked up and became overpopulated, they've been aware their star is dying for the last 4 million years and need a new home-planet, or it's things they don't desperately need, but want, and their industry needs it, isotopes, rare metals, etc. earth is supposedly unique in it's composition in that it has a little bit of everything, some things rare, gold, tungsten, etc. cannot be created by stars like ours, so most of it was fused in much larger stars, which fused elements from older stars only capable of fusing a threshold of elements, ours is like iron, nickel, carbon, etc. really common shit. but not in such an abundance that it's the mine of anything particularly important (that i know of) but galactically, it might be, regionally i mean, say a tungsten producing star is 10 thousand lightyears away, and our hoard is sufficient... their space travel isn't THAT good, and the logistics of pushing us aside to get to the honey is a lot simpler than crossing dead space and facing off against who the fuck knows, space-taxes and x-rays, fractal time dilation, say they live in a nearby neck of the woods, have FTL capabilities or even wormhole technology but, there are more hazards than we're aware of for long distances. we might make a satiating snack, if such wealth and necessity could be measured and compared

That is often quoted and I always found that argument lacking.
How arrogant can we be to assume that? Maybe they are peaceful amongst their own kind but murderously xenophobic.
What if the reason they are able to travel intergalactic is because they crushed all opposition on their homeworld nationalized the entire planet and they believe galactic manifest destiny for themselves?
Worse yet I'd they are a collective or a hive mind that is violent against their own.
>if Tyranids were a real thing.

>The elites stage a world coup on themselves because they know the only way for mankind to reach the stars is for the human race to split off from its cancerous form like a cell splitting.

Keep your mouth shut.

YOU are the cancer.

>and that we are the first to have achieved it in the galaxy.

No.

You don't understand how absurdly large our galaxy is. It's statistically IMPROBABLE that we are the only sentient creatures in the milky way.

it is flawed though, it's missing a lot of variables and assumes simplified relative chronology.

>come here to mine bauxite?
maybe, say you have a fleet that is flying from one place to another, god knows why, and along the way they run out of uranium, or they simply like the neighbourhood and enjoy saturn's relative gravity but earth's treats.

be prepared for unforeseen consequences famalam. no need to existentially break the planet in paranoia though.

What if aliens are too busy to actually bother themselves with us ? Fighting inter galactic wars or something ? What if we're nothing special and they're millions of civilization just like ours ? We have nothing they need or want plus we're in a relatively isolated part of the galaxy

As to be expected with a 21st century intergalactic theory.

>It can't still be violent and impulsive like we are.
Why not?

The ayys could have some nutjobs that fly to earth and cause chaos for the lulz while the main civilization is relatively peaceful.

>They are killing those things on Sol 3
>Who cares we can just recreate them

Mugabe is actualy shitposting on Sup Forums

Leave him alone, I would say it's a good shitpost.

>Mugabe is actualy shitposting on Sup Forums
It can't be him, he didn't bring up the idea of selling elephants for space corn

Checked.
Also, more than improbable.
Most impossible.

Canadians are totally bro tier, some of the more informative posters on Sup Forums.

>>if Tyranids were a real thing.

That couldn't be. To develop that kind of biology, the energy requirements are too great, meaning energy is plentiful and accessible to the point that intelligence isn't required.

Higher intelligence like we have can only appear in a very specific context of low easily accessible resources, but high amount of widely varied, difficult to acquire resources.

Higher intellect is by default generalist. And generalism is highly unlikely to be evolved. It's probably one of the main contributing factors to the Fermi Paradox.

Just look at how much time it took to happen on Earth. And how lucky we were for it to happen.

Because those nutjobs would have destroyed their own civilization if access to that tech was so ubiquitous.

Proof: See our nutjobs.

Thanks friend, were not all maple syrup drinking cucks.

So it stands to reason that planets with more extreme climates that sustain life will by default have intellectually superior sentient species. Should intelligent life exist beyond earth

>Why would an alien race even bother meddling in our political affairs instead of killing us all or enslaving us?

For the kekz

>MFW galactic civilisation turns out to be based mainly around trolling, dank memes and epic bantz.

"We feel kinship only with a smaller number of earthlings and will forestall your annihilation only if this message gets sick dubs"

You can't argue with my logic. SETI is based on searching the universe for repeating digits

>It's statistically IMPROBABLE that we are the only sentient creatures in the milky way.

Or the technology for warp travel or lightspeed simply doesn't exist, and none of the sentient species had the mental fortitude to handle millennial lifespans.

Hell it's not likely that we have it either. Maybe even the most accepting and "go with the flow" human possible would still off himself after a few hundred years.

>Because those nutjobs would have destroyed their own civilization
Maybe the security in the ayy civilization is so good that the psychopaths can only do this shit outside of their jurisdiction like this planet.

I don't know. But I do know that if they exist I most likely want to fuck them.

There are no aliens
Just regural psychopaths mad with power

Any sufficiently advanced alien civilization would've long eliminated the parasitic elements within their ranks as it would impossible to transcend with them. Implying they even had psychopaths in the first place.

>So it stands to reason that planets with more extreme climates that sustain life will by default have intellectually superior sentient species.

Not really either. If the conditions are too harsh, high intelligence can't develop either. Because it has a very high cost in necessary energy, so unless it's a direct advantage, it's almost always a big disadvantage.

Combine that with the need to have a body that can make use of that higher intelligence. Like imagine if a whale was born that was ten times as smart as a human.

What good is that to the whale? It can't craft anything with its body. It can't "express" that intelligence in a meaningful way. Especially if that whale is born when we aren't around. And not only that, but that massive intellect requires it to consume three times as much food as any other whale!

So for higher intelligence, you first need a creature with a body that can make use of it. This means relatively good energy efficiency, good manipulators, decent lifespan, the ability to travel. And this creature needs to also happen to inhabit an area which has resources that were unavailable to individuals without this intelligence, to make up for the higher energy requirements.

But silly little user the psychopaths are the ones who control everything.

>That couldn't be. To develop that kind of biology, the energy requirements are too great, meaning energy is plentiful and accessible to the point that intelligence isn't required.

>Higher intelligence like we have can only appear in a very specific context of low easily accessible resources, but high amount of widely varied, difficult to acquire resources.

That's very true user, for naturally occurring life that it. I would argue however that a higher tier civilization would be able to genetically engineer species like that.
I mean, think about it. It's high energy requirements would be a boon if it were used as a biological weapon.
Deployed on a planet, consuming everything it finds then most likely dying off from lack of renewable energy sources.
Thus leaving a barren planet to be mined by mechs at the creators leisure.

>Just look at how much time it took to happen on Earth. And how lucky we were for it to happen.

We really are, any number of factors. Any number of the potential fifth dimension branches could have easily destroyed our race long before we started banging rocks together.

>Maybe the security in the ayy civilization is so good that the psychopaths can only do this shit outside of their jurisdiction like this planet.

This is also impossible. Security to counter a specific event only starts existing after the event has happened. And if it's a civilization ending event...

>civilization ending event...
Oh plz they will be on a multitude of planets it would be impossible for some nuts to collapse a civilization of that scale.

well, also consider the anatomy, gravity, and elemental composition, what type of flora or lichen type life forms grow, who are the carnivores, etc. because on say, jupiter, the life forms would seem aquatic, massive, semi-buoyant creatures that would have to survive the atmospheric pressures, so, perhaps something like jellyfish.

while on a mars like super-earth you might find carapace species, burrowing in the sand like crabs, lobsters, scorpions, but of course gravity and the the square cube law comes into effect so maybe a small planet? idk, but they'd be fucked if they wanted to navigate locally without seriously advanced exosuits supporting their weight.

and of course intelligence isn't always tied to food, humanoids for instance were likely bottle-necked by predation, rather than a lack of sustenance, and as we became more or less sedentary, we built dams to protect the mud hut agrarians from floods, organized to protect and feed one another in a social manner, keep in mind, when the world pop was like 20 million, your town had like a hundred people and it was a city, so that small town pulling together value was essential for the survival of the group as a whole.

77 is right you know.
Extremophile creatures tend to be more simplistic, as they need to focus more on sustaining themselves in their extremely harsh environment.
That does not mean they could not gain sentience, but that it would take them much longer, and as a result they would be extreme themselves. In direct contrast to their environment of course.

Actually, nanobots.
There is a prevalent theory about mass colonisation through nanobot expansion.

How to get intelligent life according to earth:
Have trees
Have warm blooded metabolism
Planet is cold