Alien Covenant

So this was pretty damn good. Far better than Prometheus and a step in the right direction.

I think it was a bit rushed though. Like it felt like it should have been two films. The exposition was lacking. To be honest I think it could have done without the xenomorph scenes altogether. Like maybe have just kept the chestburster as the final scene.

The neomorph scenes were pretty fucking good. All two of them.

Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/aliens-prometheus-angry-killed-space-jesus.html
youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_deleted_scenes
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Should have been called Prometheus 2 Electric Boogaloo

It tried to go for character based horror but didn't commit all the way.. instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances.. and in a movie with aliens in the title, it's kind of a problem.

First kills on the lander were great, but the rest were forgettable.

>Far better than Prometheus and a step in the right direction.

>The neomorph scenes were pretty fucking good.

prometheus, for its flaws, was at least different and introduced us something new.

AC is just alien vomit and neomorphs are basically uncreative recoloured xenomorphs. The movie was a waste of my time and money.

>It tried to go for character based horror but didn't commit all the way.. instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances.. and in a movie with aliens in the title, it's kind of a problem.
>First kills on the lander were great, but the rest were forgettable.

I agree. The initial back/facebursters scene and then when the neomorphs attack in the grass was fucking awesome. The xenomorph at the end was just like brushed aside. Daniels achieved in about 5 minutes what it took the whole of Alien and Alien 3 to do.

the movie didnt answer much and what it answered was very unsatisfying

it didnt help that everyone was retarded or emotional AF

daniels didnt get enough screen time to fully develop

and why the fuck do the neomorphs and xenomorph develop so fast when compared to the old movies, it makes no sense--they are more primitive versions in this movie, no?

>Daniels achieved in about 5 minutes what it took the whole of Alien and Alien 3 to do.

>missing the entire point of Alien and Alien 3

>what is atmospheric horror

you might as well have a character press a button to cheat code everything

David is one-dimensional and a kind of shit character altogether with SO MANY UNEXPLAINED things happening around him

>What happened to Elizabeth
>Howd he find the planet
>WHY did he drop the pods
>HOW did he do any of the incredibly sophisticated gene-manipulation without proper lab equipment
>It took him less then ten years to develop the next evolutionary step in the morphs timeline. Fucking how. Whats his end game/goal
>Etc

And another thing. I was totally onboard with new-caps idea to explore the possible paradise planet that is four weeks away instead of the old colony that is 7 years away but when he got there and saw a fucking PLASMA STORM covering the entirety of the planet why in fucks name didnt he say "Welp, sorry gang time wasted lets get back in the pods"

His ship is a colony ship. His mission is "colonize shit, yo" and when he gets to a possibly habitable planet and discovers, nope, lol, it aint, he decides to land and NO one calls him on it?

i think it was okay to have a look but they needed helmets/full hazard gear and the captain should not have gone down--a small team of 5 would have sufficed for their purposes

>WHY did he drop the pods
>It took him less then ten years to develop the next evolutionary step in the morphs timeline. Fucking how. Whats his end game/goal

I thought that was pretty obvious. He sees himself as better than weak biological life. He has visions of himself as a god.

>I was totally onboard with new-caps idea to explore the possible paradise planet that is four weeks away

My only issue with that is that the crew were totally fucking unfazed about landing on an alien world with vegetation and life. Like it was routine business. No-one gave two fucks.

More shit that was dumb is

>The black-morph thats the next step in killing-machine technology leaps in to a giant metal claw and begins head-butting it.

This bit is so stupid it deserves its own post.
>When the crew first arrive at the city, David says "Relax, its safe"
>Not even an hour later one of the crew has its head chewed off by a morph
>The captain discovers david TALKING to said morph next to dismembers lady corpse, Cap then shoots the fuck out of it (way to go cap!) and takes it down. David cries like a little bitch and clearly, clearly has more empathy for a walking death machine then a human.
>He then tells the captain to follow him and shows him his teenage girl stalker-esque room of xeno memorabilia and then gets the captain to follow him.
>Into what is clearly a dank dungeon.
>In what is clearly an evil lab.
>In the dungeon they find giant eggs.
>David walks past these eggs and stares awkwardly at the captain.
>Who hesitates to come in but does when David says "Relax,its safe."
>He then TOUCHES one of the eggs that has been made by the android living on its own in a ghost-city of corpses who has more empathy for a skinwalker looking mother fucker that can rip off heads with one bite then a human.
>The eggs fucking OPENS and the captain STICKS HIS HEAD IN THE OPENING

Are you kidding me? Why didnt he:
>A: Shoot David
>B: Shoot the eggs, THEN David:
>C:Moonwalk out of there and rally the crew
>Aaaand D: All of the above.

Well I mean they were colonists right? Thats the goal in the end they all signed up for it.

The planet had a plasma storm covering the entire planet. THE ENTIRE PLANET. What!? Why! How! Why!

Spoilers but dont worry cause its not that great, watch it at a friends
More dumb unexplained shit.
>The captains cryo pod sets him on fire.
>For no understandable reason.

>Daniels is against going off-course for what is clearly a better planet, four weeks away instead of seven years.
>When they get to the planet, its literally impossible to land on it using the colony ship. Which could have been discovered after like eight hours of watching a plasma storm get worse and worse. Instead they dive through in a landing craft with near 90% of active crew aboard.

>They land and head off.
>The caps lady-love splits off to do an ecological survey.
>She stops at a puddle of mud and says "This'll do" nigger WHAT? The other crew members even state "Theres no life!"and this bitch who goes off practically on her own to do an ecological survey doesnt notice this AND fills a bunch of vials with muddy water.

>They find the original prometheus ship and it is
>never
>mentioned
>again

>David is just dumb all around. Completely stupid. Psychotically stupid.

>The crew are up against monsters that can tail-whip peoples jaws off. The crew clearly have a group of seasoned guards/soldiers and none of these guards have the input of "Hey, lets stick the fuck together and not get picked off one at a time."

>Two baby white-turd xeno are enough to fucking curbstomp nearly the entire ground crew. Wiping out practically half of them in thirty minutes tops.

>Daniels takes out a big-daddy black xenomorph using a fucking giant metal claw used for construction purposes.

>One of the white morphs is unaccounted for at the end of the movie.
>How does David have complete control over mother?
>How does david have a fucking access code to take control of Mother when hes been missing for over ten years?

>why does no one notice that Walter, who has at this point been a front-line motherfucking BADASS, sits at a computer screen and meekly watches as the other two fight?

>So this was pretty damn good.
Wew
pleb

what the hell was the deal with James Franco? Why did they cast him and not even use him?

Goddamn fassbender rules though, might be my favorite working actor

>The prometheans are super happy to see a ship returning in the flash-back.
>The literal gods of the Alien universe stop a working day to come and gawk at a ship they built themselves. Like they are stone-aged fuckwits.
>No Promethean technology whatsoever from in the city aside from the floating docking bay that serves no purpose beyond aesthetics.
>Speaking of that docking bay.
>Whered it go?
>Colony of technological gods has no defenses.
>Colony of technological gods has no ability to scan a ship they built themselves.
>Colony of technological gods get wiped out like a fucking moth in hell by a big, black tide of mould.
>Not a giant hulking army of xenomorphs like in AvP.
>Not a Queen and its Hive like in Alien.
>Floating, black, mould and a lot of it.
>This mould somehow, somewhy, turns into teensy itty bitty egg sacks that, when stepped on, fart a little bit of black powder in to the air in the VAIN hope that someone is stupid enough to stay near something that is so clearly poisonous.
>BBC ayy chestbursts as a fully-grown ayy, just miniature. It stands up straight on its first try.
>Then autistically raises its arm to imitate autist Dave
>It grows to be roughly seven feet fucking tall and shredded in the space of five. Minutes.
>Five.
>Damn
>Minutes
>And no trace of its growth at all. No shedded skin, just bamf im big now.

>movie goes downhill at light speed after the events on the lander
>where the fuck was basically any of the scenes in any of the trailers?
>david exterminates engineers for some reason?
>perfect organism crawls directly into fire and then jumps headfirst into a slow moving crane
>daniel's is a discount ripley with 0 likeable traits
>emergency alarm system on ship that's quieter than a running shower with loud music and has no visual queues either
>crew trusts david despite clearly suspicious circumstances

honourable mentions:

>"i'll do the fingering"
>"because you promised to build a log cabin on the lake"
>over 2 mins of daniel's grieving for a character who had 0 lines or screen time outside of a recording
>shower sex after many traumatic events and deaths

still an enjoyable watch tho.

>More, James franco gets cast to play as the captain.
>is incinerated in minute three of the movie and promptly forgotten.
>We, the audience, are supposed to care at all about this apparent tragedy.
>Care for characters we dont know, or even remotely like yet. Movie tries to establish a backstory of daring rock-climbing romantics between Daniels and incino man. Who, gives, a, fuck.

>What the FUCK happened to Elizabeth.
>Seriously. Serious backstory there and its just not pursued at all.
>Trailers even straight up show that Elizabeth saves David, rebuilds him and he himself says it was the kindest thing any one ever did for him.
>Fucker does SOMETHING vague and horrible to her. Proving without doubt that hes not a deep, flawed character with terrible, relatable issues just a flawed, unfeeling monster with a god-complex. FUCK David fans.
>Walter complains about not being capable of creating anything, like music.
>Minute later, David shows him how to play a flute and Walter, previously being straight up programmed to be incapable of creation of anything fucking PLAYS THE FLUTE WITHOUT HELP AND MAKES HIS OWN TUNE
>Walter is shown to be capable of regrowth.
>Acts all badass and fucking slaps the ever-loving shit out of David.
>Is slamming davids head with a rock and pauses to let David have his melodramatic moment in the spotlight while Autist Dave grabs a knife.
>Which we know cant kill the android that literally grows its own skin.
>That fucking slapped an alien out of the sky like it was a bitch.
>And we are expected to believe that Walter, who had been winning up to that point.
>And currently has the major upper hand.
>Dies completely off-screen.

You know the more I think about it the more I hate this movie.

Fucking THANK you.
Starts off so damn strong with the Ayys and the lander and the fear and the loathing and then its like the movie pivots halfway through from "Theres ayys and they are SCARY AS SHIT" to "So theres this guy named David and BOY, does he have issues!"

David is furthering Weyland plans for profit. That's why he's doing what he's doing. That's why he played along on prometheus and is wanting all of the colonists undisturbed on covenant. He is going to breed and create the ultimate xeno so that Weyland can sell them to the predators for profit, we just haven't seen this deal take place on screen yet.

Think about it, why else would be have ALL the access codes to covenant? Especially since he clearly identified himself to mother as David, not Walter.
This is a bigger ruse than we've ever seen

No but his entire psychology and every word he says is dripping with narcissism. Im on board with the original Prometheus David being about bringing a specimen back to Weyland but Covenant David has gone FULL mad scientist, he has his own lab damn it. They even flashback to his first moments of awareness and hes already questioning his creator and acting like hes BETTER then the guy that made him. Within sixty seconds. Swear to god.
He finds the literal gods of the Universe and exterminates them, quoting some 18th century poet thats deep and meaningful if Davids actions had any kind of depth beyond a petulant tantrum.
He kisses his brother, which is himself.
Then he murders his brother and says he is disappointed in him.
He then forces Daniels to kiss him, simply because his brother, Walter, wanted to kiss her.
His behaviour is, certainly, that of an unfeeling, curious child. His actions and motives arent really unknowable, just dumb.

>He then forces Daniels to kiss him, simply because his brother, Walter, wanted to kiss her.

Lies. David was just projecting onto Walter.
David wants to feel love, but can't.

But thats crazy stupid!

Weyland Yutani has entire teams dedicated to studying the Ayys and Xenos in the originals, Resurrection has an entire damned military outpost built in deadspace solely for the containment and study of a hive.
So the big-twist is that David is working for Weyland-Yutani corp in the hopes of making the perfect biological weapon? A fucking deranged android? With a god-complex? Were all intelligent children suffocated at birth in the Alien Universe? Thats monumentally bad idea.

Well hey fair enough that was just my opinion on why he got freaky about it.I just feel its an example of deep-seated narcissism. "My sibling wants this so I shall take it, not because I want it, but to deny them it." Is that sociopathy or narcissism?

I figure this is just going to end up with WY getting informed, somehow, that David made the Xenos, kickstarting their ambitions to seize it as an asset.

saved

all of that mad shit is what loved about it.

Yeah its okay I guess. Totally would have made a good theme in a separate movie.

I went to watch Alien, not Ubermensch Hearts Ayys. He was focused on way too heavily for a movie titled Alien. Should have been called Prometheus 2

>Alien Covenant
>covenant
>is about deep seated religious fanaticism and God complex

I thought it fit well

>Alien:Covenant
>Alien
>Is about a dumb child in a mans body
>Barely any actual tension
>Barely any buildup
>Action movie with a mad-scientist protag.

Its no longer Alien mate.

Who cares, it's not like I'm a fan of aliens. I just went coz it was a good movie with my gf
And yup as a good movie it did not disappoint. Literally couldn't care less if it had alien attached to the name or not lol

>So this was pretty damn good.
it's time.

is this, dare I say it, space kino?

Well thats nice, glad you liked it. I went with the gf today as well.

No.

Fucking this, man.

Honestly, i laughed at this movie more than i got spooped.
The first med bay scene and the carrier pickup scene with the xeno were pure slapstick kino.
Hurt my stomach trying not to burst out laughing

Like that WHOLE time with the captain I was thinking "This is fucking darwinism at work."

Also "Herp derp xeno killed by construction machine" wasn't satisfying. At all.

Reminder that , according to Ridley Scott, the reason the Engineers tried to wipe out humans 2000 years ago was because we killed one of them after he came back to earth; this engineer was Jesus of Nazareth.

FUCKING JEWS THEY RUIN EVERYTHING

Wait fucking WHAT do you have a source for that?

giantfreakinrobot.com/scifi/aliens-prometheus-angry-killed-space-jesus.html

I think something happened on the way to this planet that fried part of their brains.
Seriously, I didn't think I'd see nearly as much dumb shit as I did in Prometheus, but goddamn, they outdid themselves.

It was like they were competing with each other on how much collateral damage they could cause. Like watching people burn a house down to kill a fucking spider.

>hurf durf, perfect life-form jumps straight into the jaws of death

Also, for the ending kill, surely there was a smaller fucking airlock they could've blown it out of

>Cum.
Fixed that.

I can barely begin to touch on how dumb this is.
>Movie franchise about giant, black skinned bug monsters with a dick-tongue with teeth that have acid for blood and are basically the embodiment of everything we fear stalks us in the night.
>Lol lets take all that and just FILL it with non-sensical religious references and themes. That contribute genuinely nothing to the story beyond confusing plotlines and angsty characters.

On to the Jesus part.
>They send an emmissary who turns out to be Jesus.
>Meaning they are within range to do this.
>Meaning they are in orbit.
>In a ship.
>And all their ships have the black canisters full of black mould that literally strips planets bare of fleshy life.
>We kill their emissary. Thus causing them to hate us.
>Hate us so much that one rando engineer in Prometheus goes berserk and straight up tries to murder all the humans with his bare hands.
>But those guys in the ship.
>With the black canisters of doom.
>Who watched their mate get crucified

Nah they just left for reasons lol.
Im starting to hate this Ridley Scott guy for being pretty fucking godawful with his storylines.

>One particular blogger has taken a fine-toothed comb to Prometheus, however, and come up with a surprisingly compelling theory
>compelling theory
Not proof from production. stop spreading this.

>Ejecting things out of an airlock
>That gigantic.
>With that much atmosphere inside it that the force of it leaving rapidly is enough to rip a giant earth mover out of its socket.
>But the two humans can just hold on to something and be perfectly fine.
I thought we were past this in sci-fi.

Also, do you know why James Francos pod incinerated him? Didnt even incinerate him very well just toasted his outsides?

You stopped too soon and didnt get to the part where Ridley Scott speaks.

>While that sounds like a joke, the idea is actually straight from the mouth of director Ridley Scott, taken from an interview with Movies.com. Here’s the excerpt in question:

Movies.com: You throw religion and spirituality into the equation for Prometheus, though, and it almost acts as a hand grenade. We had heard it was scripted that the Engineers were targeting our planet for destruction because we had crucified one of their representatives, and that Jesus Christ might have been an alien. Was that ever considered?

Ridley Scott: We definitely did, and then we thought it was a little too on the nose. But if you look at it as an “our children are misbehaving down there” scenario, there are moments where it looks like we’ve gone out of control, running around with armor and skirts, which of course would be the Roman Empire. And they were given a long run. A thousand years before their disintegration actually started to happen. And you can say, “Lets’ send down one more of our emissaries to see if he can stop it. Guess what? They crucified him.

Next paragraph you mong:

>While that sounds like a joke, the idea is actually straight from the mouth of director Ridley Scott, taken from an interview withMovies.com. Here’s the excerpt in question:

You're right I did. (FFS.)

They thought about it and didnt do it

But they fucking thought about it.

He had to be killed in someway, so they went with something over-dramatic I guess.
I think it would've been more impactful if he was suffocated or the pod stopped his heart or something.
Spontaneously combusting was just like, "umm ok, how the fuck did that happen?"

Still no idea why they had Franco in there for it.
Didn't even know he was in the movie until Daniels was watching that video.
Even then, I thought her boyfriend was the guy behind him lel

If the alien eggs needed to ve cryogenized to survive, wouldn't they be dead because of David's body not being cold enough?

I just mean. Its so out of place, completely random and totally unexplained.

Which fits in just find and dandy with the rest of the movie so there is that I suppose. If it turns out to be representative of hells fires and the crucible the rest of the crew are about to go to I wont touch another damn thing by any of the people that worked on this movie. Stop putting religious bullshit and allusions in my god damn sci-fi horror about bug monsters with acid blood.

>yeah let's go out without helmets in this unexplored planet
>also lol let me get a good whiff of these weird mushrooms
>BIG FUCKING SURPRISE the lander gets destroyed

>follow a century old creepy android into this ruined temple with no doors or locks whatsoever where clearly a genocide has happened
>"are we safe here?" "yeah sure"

BONUS MENTIONS:

"I'll go wash my face"
"just don't go too far ok?"
"alright"
>Goes so far nobody can hear her scream

>oh shit looks like David actually killed Shaw?
>AND he's developing a perfect alien murder machine?
>better follow him and look inside this cool egg

to be honest I liked the flute scene

>There's wheat here!
>Daniels - But who planted it?

Bitch what?
Do you think humans invented trees?

>instead it relegated the aliens to minor annoyances..
>neomorphs kill 4 people just by being born, then run off for two minutes before coming back and killing two more people
>minor annoyance
Uh okay.

>muh wheat
Do Engineers like their Earth wheat bread?

I mean it might make sense if it was from some past colony attempt the Engineers killed off after they landed.

>Perfect organism
>Requires inferior disgusting humans to reproduce

>Obsessed with culture, music and art
>Perfect organism partakes in none of that.

Synth logic.

youtube.com/watch?v=d8LJSuO4aXA
where ar ethese scenes
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THEY
YOU FILMED ALL THIS SHIT FOR AN ENDING WITHOUT THAT FAGGOT MCBRIDE AND THEN YOU RESHOT IT SO HE COULD BE IN IT BECAUSE?????????????????????
WHERE IS ALL THE FOOTAGE FROM BEFORE THE SOLAR FLARE WHERE WE LEARN ABOUT THE CHARACTERS
YOU SHOWED A BUNCH IN THE TRAILERS WHERE THE FUCK IS IT REEEEEEEEEEEE
IF YOU RELEASE IT AS A DIRECTORS CUT I WILL ACTUALLY KILL YOU SCOTT THIS IS A DIRECT THREAT

Is there a fan cut of Prometheus with the deleted scenes added in? I really feel there's a good film in there trying to get out, why the fuck does Scott refuse to do a director's cut.
What I've read of Covenant sounds like garbage story wise, I'll wait and see if anything extra is released.

Why did they use the fucking awful transformation for fifield
they had a fucking model that was inhumanly tall and lanky and it looked kind of xeno-like and they fucking cut it for a stupid gay faggot fucking zombie man FUCK YOU RIDLEY

The deleted Fifield model actually makes more sense if the endgame is the Xenomorphs.

I mean we straight up see that the black goop turns things into xenomorph like beings and it's not a subtle change
a fucking earthworm becomes a several foot long vagina snake but a human just gets kind of bloated?
fuck that
additionally the cut fifield had the helmet melted onto his face so it looked more synthetic, I really fucking liked that
the one they used in the movie somehow has a broken helmet with sharp edges even though we can fucking see that it melted like kane's helmet in the original fucks SAKES

How does the Prometheusverse handle evolution?

>Engineer blackgooed himself to create life on Earth
Like did he create simple cellular life or mammals/apes that we then evolved from or full on early humans right off the bat?

What would the fossil record show?

scott doesn't fucking care
as long as it's haha religion so deep :DDDDD he doesn't bother with anytrhing fucking else GODDAMNTI

>Sup Forums criticizes Aliens because "hurr it makes the aliens into dumb bugs" despite the fact that the aliens demonstrate intelligence multiple times
>Covenant relegates their origins to an android's science experiment and reveals that wasps, AN ACTUAL INSECT, played a role in their creation (pic related)
>"yea so this was pretty damn good"

You can't make this shit up.

>Ridley drops a new Alien mix tape? kewl.

>Retarded humans create self-aware genocidal synths who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.
Fuck that shit
ENGINEERS DID NOTHING WRONG

JoJo reference?

>Retarded engineers create retarded humans who create self-aware genocidal synths who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.

>Retarded engineers create self-aware genocidal humans who are plotting to wipe their creators and other races out.
Fuck that shit
DAVID DID NOTHING WRONG

I don't hink it was amazing, but it was pretty fun imo designs were pretty nice, soundtrack was fucking awesome.

Alien>Aliens>Covenant>Alien3>Prometheus>Resurrection>AvP>AvP:R

Modern wheat is pretty much a human invention, the original wild species were nothing like it until thousands of years of deliberate cultivation. I have no idea why an alien planet would have our wheat on it.

>So this was pretty damn good
You gonna need better bait than this.

Believe it or not but Prometheus was better.

Alien>Aliens>>Alien3>Resurrection>Prometheus >Covenant>>>>AvP>AvP:R

I agree. The silly bits of Covenant can be explained with a little bit more exposition. Unlike Prometheus where the silly bits cannot be fucking explained at all.

>Alien>Aliens>Covenant>Alien3>Prometheus>Resurrection>AvP>AvP:R

Seconded (although I wouldn't even bother putting the AvPs on there)

Alien > Covenant > Prometheus > Alien 3 > Transformers > Aliens > Resurrection

The synthetics and Weyland are the best part of this franchise. Just make a movie called David already. Nobody cares about Xenomorps.

>Replacing giger arm cables with muscle fibers

Why is this allowed?

Aliens was dumb because it made them bugs in the sense that you can just swat them. Yeah, the Marines get fucked, but the fact that they in their infinite stupidity can even fight back with their weapons is dumb. Nothing is stupider than Ripley driving over a Xenomorph. Well, maybe Cameron's dialogue. Luckily Aliens has enough of his bad direction AND writing.

Enjoy your action movie, brainlet.

Whats the difference between the protomorph and the xenomorph? They both came from facehuggers right?

>covenant and 3 being better than prometheus.

Le Normie Pleb, this is NOT reddit.

>I have no idea why an alien planet would have our wheat on it.

It's implied that the Engineers introduced wheat to Earth (or vica versa)

>with a little bit more exposition
the whole fucking movie it's an exposition fest already, and has the same problems as fucking prometheus. How is it better?

I agree. I was quite pleased walking out of the theater.
Neos and Xenos are TANKY now. One of the worst things about Aliens was how it reduced this mighty killer to a weak swarm thing. Ridley restored them to glory.

David being the creator of the Xenos actually makes sense, given what we see regarding his model basically having a tendency to go batshit, and it makes sense that something that requires a human host was specifically designed for attacking humans.

Of course, the characters are a bit dumb at times, and the growth rate of the Neos/Xenos is crazy, but Alien has never been about pure realism. The core essence of Alien is a nightmarish monster figuratively raping humans.

Exposition is the wrong word. What the fuck is the word I'm thinking of? When you dwell more to create atmosphere or get to know characters

What the fuck were they thinking removing half of this shit?
avp.wikia.com/wiki/Prometheus_deleted_scenes

I know AvP sucks, but it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, plus, it actually spawned some pretty cool action figures (part time /toy/ here).
I do love the Synthetics, they are always a high point in the films, it's just that i like it better when there also is Xeno action involved.
You're right, Prometheus should probably come before Alien 3 and AFTER Covenant. :^)
>Neos and Xenos are TANKY now. One of the worst things about Aliens was how it reduced this mighty killer to a weak swarm thing.
That's one of the things i like about Covenant and dislike about Aliens, i always thought they shouldn't take as much damage as they do in Aliens (and Resurrection, and AvP too, but those dont count that much for me anyway)

Stop shilling this movie, it's utter shit

>Stop liking what i don't like

>Skin

>Millburn inspects the skin.
This scene picks up with Millburn and Fifield in a tunnel after they have left the other group. They discover a shed skin on the ground which Millburn picks up. Presumably, this is the skin from a Hammerpede. The scene is on the DVD/Blu-ray.
I swear this is in the version I saw in the movies
what to fugue

>Final Battle
yeah that explains a lot
remember when she was standing there with her axe ready to defend herself then she's just suddenly fucking lacking any weapons and flying across the room
really nice editing there scott

The whole bit with the non-violent unmutated worm explains a shit load of stuff.

Covenant made the mess that is Prometheus actually look better. For fucks sake David's Xeno grew full size by the time they went to look for the captain, what does that thing grow on ? The magic power of the script ?

>shut up and let me continue eating this trash! mmm ummm ughhh

Quite baffling; regrettable editing and cutting decisions.

>shut up and let me continue whining like a faggot! bua buaaa mommyy.

It really fucking does
It's not like there were no scenes that could be cut to make room for it
maybe like the fucking useless scenes where david reads shaws dreams somehow or the ones where halloway acts like a dick to everyone ever and is a turbochad retard fuck I HATE HIM

>those hands
wtf where are the fused fingers and extra thumbs?

shill

i don't think that's a thing on these xenos, still, that's a toy, we should proabaly check the actual xeno on the film.

I'm still in the zone after recently having watched the movies, but I think I might rank Covenant over Aliens.

The general consensus appears to be that Covenant is the third favourite. Ranking behind Alien and Aliens.

Is this an extended version or something? Will look for it.

>shower sex

And interracial. Because it's 2017!