I've been sick all week so I started watching some TOS...

I've been sick all week so I started watching some TOS. I've been switching between S1 and S2 and S2 just seems better paced and more interesting than S1. Are there some solid S1 episodes I'm missing?

>Switching between 2 seasons of a show.

Who the fuck actually does this?

I have the DVDs of season 1 and 2 only, there's only 4 eps per dvd so i'm getting up anyways to change the discs. I wanted to watch a few S1 eps that i remember as a kid but then i went over to S2 to watch classics like doomsday machine

Season one while having 2 GOAT pilots has shit like Charlie X and Mudds women very early on but after that gets back to being gud shit bretty quick

havent finished season 2 yet upto the apple, it has some good ones feel like 1 has been alot better though

I enjoy the episodes with mudd desu, fun character

charlie x is great

don't talk shit bout charlie x

I watched Spock's Brain for the first time yesterday. What went wrong?

>autistic kid murdering people
>Kirk still tries to save him at the end

No fuck Charlie X, also fuck Kirk. I thought he was supposed to be a renegade cool guy not this thing.

Absolute pleb. Charlie was still young and Kirk thought he could still be taught. Were you not acting stupidly as a child? Wouldn't you have done exactly the same things if you had unlimited power when you were immature?

>I thought he was supposed to be a renegade cool guy
He is, wanting to save people and having empathy only makes him a better character. He would be a terrible leader with no depth otherwise.

They got their budget massively cut for S3, as well as a shitty timeslot and the show turned into cheese

I thought the episode right after (The Enterprise Incident) was really good though. Is the season much worse than the earlier two or are there more quality episodes than the one mentioned?

Hey OP, have you seen Next Gen? You should watch it next

S3 has maybe a few quality episodes, Tholian Web being one of them, but youre not wrong if you think S3 is much worse than the other 2

This one good for the films? I don't think I want to collect the series since I will almost never use them (prefer digital for shows because of the constant swapping otherwise) otherwise I might have wanted the 50th anniversary one or something.

That's disappointing, thanks though.

Good set however be aware theres a directors cut BRay of Wrath of Khan which has much better picture quality over the first bray release. its pretty cheap to get it

Are there other DCs, and are they worth it if that's the case?

I might get that wrath of khan one seperately and have the two versions then.

Yeah, that's a pretty good collection. The extra features are great.

TOS takes awhile to get going, but after the first 3-4 episodes of season one it's basically the same quality as season two. The only major change in quality comes in season three, but even then there's still a lot to enjoy.

>fuck Kirk. I thought he was supposed to be a renegade cool guy not this thing.
I'll never understand how Kirk has the reputation with normies that he does.

What is everone's opinion of The Return of the Archons? Normally I don't like the episodes where they spend the majority of time on an "Earth-like" planet with Earth like sets/costumes but I did like that one.
Also Squire of Gothos is a classic episode

Motion Picture had a nice DC but it was the DVD release only. Its worth getting since its probably cheap now. Basically TMP was updated with better effects, new scenes, and pacing changes, but since it was mastered in dvd resolution it will probably never make it to blu ray.

if you want to see what kinds of changes the dvd DC has, theres a sideby side YT video showing it. As far as I know, 1 and 2 only have DCs while Star Trek VI bray uses the theater version not the extended tape version that most people remember

I'll get the collection and the DC of wrath of khan then, thank you user.

>I'll never understand how Kirk has the reputation with normies that he does.

I too have wondered. Because you could say it was JJ's Trek, but JJ himself seemed to be reflecting on his own misconception of Kirk. I think it's a mix of the TOS movies, specifically Search for Spock, where Kirk is a lot more anti-authoritarian, and also the depictions in pop culture behemoths like Simpsons and Futurama.

Return of the Archons is an absolute classic, one of my favorites from TOS.

"How often mankind has wished for a world as peaceful and secure as the one Landru provided."
"Yes. And we never got it. Just lucky, I guess."

>peaceful and secure
>they literally have daily break times of "do whatever you want" purge style