The New Pope announced as follow up series, NO JUDE LAW

hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/young-pope-season-2-new-pope-a-go-at-hbo-1004072

Other urls found in this thread:

vidmax.com/video/135735-Moments-after-this-video-was-filmed-of-Actor-Jude-Law-in-a-migrant-camp-the-actor-was-attacked
variety.com/2017/tv/in-contention/jude-law-young-pope-season-2-1202429066/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wonder if law only wanted to do one season.

Lenny confirmed for dead.

>no Jude
Literally no point

This. His character are just too fun to miss.

Whats next? we got a women pope now?

Then they shouldn't be doing it at all.

The Young Pope is the greatest season of TV ever.

>no Jude Law

it's gonna be terrible.

>The new Poop

>"There is no word yet on whether The Young Pope star Jude Law will be back for the new season"

Nothing is confirmed but the order for a new season.

>not trusting Sorrenkino
Plebs

true detective season 2

If Jude did this I would be furious, this is the defining role of his career in the making.

Catholics are already beginning to wake up to it (most devout ones don't get HBO so they would need to catch up using like On Demand or other means) and people everywhere are saying they want this Pope in real life. Jude could literally have the power to create a stronger faith, even if he is atheist IRL he would be able to make so much change, it could be worth it.

Good.
Another season would have ruinned Lenny

now i can think about season 2 as non-canon

this is one show that did not need to be an anthology show.

just leftovers it and do 3 seasons

so he died from heart attack

He's fucking dead

What a shit ending if it turned out he died.

THIS. It would've been wrong to continue with him, WRONG.
Now the young pope will still stand as a 10 hour kino.

Jude Law is a megacuck in real life, so catholics waking up and unJUSTing their church is the last thing he wants

This is retarded. For better or worse, Jude Law's character made the show what it is. What are they gonna do, recast Lenny? Get rid of him? The show was ABOUT LENNY, that's like making a batman movie without batman, or a war movie set in a hippie commune.

whats the fucking point

How is he a cuck?

I really enjoyed Young Pope but in no way shape or form do I want another season of it. It all wrapped up nicely and I don't want them to destroy that.

>implying he didn't get immediately redpilled

vidmax.com/video/135735-Moments-after-this-video-was-filmed-of-Actor-Jude-Law-in-a-migrant-camp-the-actor-was-attacked

>no lenny
>no voiello
>no sofia
Why even have another season?

>and people everywhere are saying they want this Pope in real life

A contrarian who doesn't believe in god?

Weird.

They should just leave it as it is, one season was perfect.

The first season ended very well and was a neat self-contained unity, but I wanted another because it seems there was still so much to learn about lenny, and there are great character I wished to see more of. If there's no more lenny, I think they should just leave it as a single season.

Great, now I can just appreciate season 1 as one perfect season of television and pretend season 2 doesn't exist.

variety.com/2017/tv/in-contention/jude-law-young-pope-season-2-1202429066/

>Inevitably, parallels were drawn between this conservative character and a sort of backlash to liberalism around the world, and not least of all Donald Trump. What of the modern political climate could you see fueling a second season?
>We were fortunate in that the election in America and the political climate internationally seemed to suddenly demonstrate what Paolo had speculated on through the drama. And you could argue it played to our favor. But I think clever writing and good writers have a finger on the pulse, or have their antennae to the world’s peculiar sort of pendulum swings in social movements anyway. I think it would be foolish and irresponsible not to push that a little further in the current climate. It was a “what if” and suddenly it became an, “Oh, this is it.”

I think we got a pretty complete picture of Lenny though, his miracles and orphaning, family memories and first girlfriend. He's an entertaining character but I don't think there is much left to explore, just him working as Pope.

As much as I absolutely loved his performance and don't see how they could top Lenny and Voiello, I also don't really see where they could take their stories further either.

Hey guys lets make sopranos without tony soprano. I swear it'll be good.

NO

JUDE

NO

LEWD

It's not a sequel.

Tell me about Jude: why is he wearing a beanie?

Are you kidding?

He still hasn't met his parents and we don't know if his faith crisis ended or not

his parents are dead
that's why he sees them just before dying

>just before dying
Nigga what

We don't know if he's dead, he just collapsed

>no Jude Law

I assumed he died and his soul flew into space to meet god while a cloud shaped like Jesus was watching over him or maybe he was jesus all along