Why was this disaster kino overlooked?

Also, underrated/forgotten kino thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/FUEOwJxHAYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really enjoyed it.
It was pretty comfy considering the topic.

Idk can you tell me where the quick narratives and quips are?

Debicki was wasted in a small role

She was in it too?? Goddamn what a forgettable flick, i have it sitting in my kino folder but can't even remember 90% of it kek

she played one of the doctors

Great movie. Gives you a good idea of how serious business Mt. Everest really is, how badly it can go wrong and how stupid people can be.

>tfw no good K2 movie
That mountain shits all over Everest. But Everest just had to be the tallest guy around, so everyone goes to him

It's probably for the best. Imagine how many deaths there would have been on K2 if it was the highest. Or Annapurna, which has the highest death rate.

>what is Vertical Limit

A shit flick at best

Annapurna is beautiful, though. I've been there, just not at the top. Fuck that

Touching the Void was better.

Yep. Any other mountain kino I might have overlooked?

Underrated Tony Scott kino, excellent score by Hans Zimmer too.

Forgotten kino this is

Just like this

>99 homes
>the worlds fastest indian

I'd give her dedicki if you know what I mean.

My friend.

GOAT soundtrack

youtu.be/FUEOwJxHAYY

What makes Annapurna so most dangerous? Looking up it's death rate it's sitting ~35%, which sounds ridiculous.

I don't know. Probably the most dangerous terrain or something.

too many characters. quite difficult to track who is who especially with full body suits. 7/10

my dicky debicki was in this? now i gotta rewatch it

>retards purposefully go to most dangerous place on Earth
>die shitty deaths

I felt nothing desu

I wonder if she bullied the Sherpa actors

No, it was complete shit. I'm really into Everest and they fucking botched the novel big time.

Wtf was the deal with all the drama that they added in at the Khumbu Icefall? They never had any issues traversing the ladders in real life. They did it multiple times while they were adjusting to the altitude.

all those climbing expediton buisness are trashing everest with all the shit they leave there

90% of shit actors are Aussies. They are destroying the industry.

I hate Australians so god damn much.

they probably thought she was some sort of aryan godess

They probably thought she was Everest-tan

>reading Into Thin Air
>IMAX expedition team is mentioned throughout the book
>they help out quite a bit during the disaster
>hyped as fuck to watch the Everest IMAX that they were filming at the same time
>the doc is complete shit

This movie was 100% irredeemable garbage. I paid money to see this shit in theaters. Nice scenery. The one and only compliment I can give it. Just watch pic related for a good mountain climbing movie.

I hope you're joking

Haven't seen it but I'm guessing some people venture into an environment that is extremely hostile to life and I'm guessing a few or all of them die from complications involving low temperatures and/or insufficient oxygen. Sort of like dying in space, except you can't literally WALK into space like you can walk up a mountain to die like a dumbass so the mundanity makes the scenario extra boring.

Also can you really call it a "disaster" if it only affects a few people who were there willingly and knew the risks beforehand? More like hubris kino.

If you honestly prefer Everest over vertical limit, then I just don't know what to tell you other than enjoy your absolute garbage taste.
>HONEY YOU DA GREATEST CLIMBER EBUR YOU HAF TO COME DOWN FOR YOUR FAMILY!!!
>sits in his own piss all night and freezes to death
What a thrilling adventure.

At least it was more realistic than carrying Pakistani nitroglycerine up a mountain for no reason

Movie based on true story
>boring predictable forgettable and completely unrewatchable
Fun adventure movie about a rescue
>entertaining exciting funny and tense

>dude just turn your brain off

>watches movies for the story
how to spot a pleb

Overlooked imo

I think there's online courses for illiteracy

>butched the novel

You do realize this was a real event?

How would an illiterate make sense of it? Is it just a bunch of pictures of monkeys reading?

Normies don't know it but everyone else agrees its one of Friedkin's best

Based Reba