It looks downright terrible.

theres a few really good moments great music the rest is pretty weak and cheesy

THICCCC

>campy
>terrible cgi
>godzilla is lame as fuck
>shitty acting
>full of japanese character tropes

it's pretty shit and anyone who says they like it is just pretending because it's japanese weeb shit

>implying there won't be two other Godzilla movies released between then and now to make people forget
>implying it won't cost $30 because Funimation

Shin Godzilla is easily the best Godzilla movie. Or at least my favorite. There is a scene in which a jazz song plays and it shows shots of the town. I love that shit. You don't get that in other Godzillas.

Googly eyes Godzilla was hilariosu.
The scene in the middle of the movie where Godzilla has the beam breath while the city was burning was hot spicy kino

I just got done watching the original Godzilla just now, and while I thought it was neat and all how it was a symbolic history lesson on post-WW2 Japan, or whatever, it was a chore to watch some of the time. I liked it though.

I'd kill for a Godzilla themed Hawaiian shirt.

Legit question. Did the jumpcuts bother anyone else? Shamefully, this was my first Japanese Godzilla movie. But are they all like that? The shitty subs and constant jumpcuts, made me quit watching after 20 minutes or so.

moshi moshi, baito~desu

This shit.

It just seems so pointless and boring, the cast is boring, the subject is boring, directed by bigelow.
The fact that it got so much oscar praise makes it somehow even more boring.

It is way better than western Godzilla and is just a great watch. Just don't forget to take the stick out of your ass before watching.

You're missing out

No, watch it. The acting and many other aspects of the movie are strangely dispassionate and it suits it quite well.

Kinozilla

Any Superman, Avengers, DC/Marvel abominations, seriously haven't watched any, probably won't,ever.

why is that tree so angry

>Facts
>Bait

Pick one

>gonna be online retail only because Funimation
>Toho is apparently being super dickbutts about an outside Jap release because of Legendarys Godzilla/King Kong shit and refusing to allow any of the extra content the jap bluray gets

chances are it'll prolly be the version with 20 minutes edited out because fuck fuck with love from Toho

He is just big guy trapped in a world he did not create.
youtube.com/watch?v=CrXTS10h2WI

Saw this in theatres. Had nice lounge seats. Kino.
Thank goodness I got to see it, and Im not stuck like other anons who missed out.

>godzilla movie
>directed by Anno who's got a history of making anime with giant robots and giant monsters

what more do you want unless you're not a fan of the genre

You should watch the original 1978 Superman, as well as the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. Those are the only legitimately good superhero movies.