2017 in the year of our Lord and Saviour

>2017 in the year of our Lord and Saviour
>he still visits the cinema

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ytimg.com/vi/MB95ZXuLbls/maxresdefault.jpg)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No I don't.
Been there 5 times all my life, gets worse every time

Why wouldn't I?
I'm not a poorfag who can't afford a kino ticket here and there. And thankfully I don't live in America so there is no degenerate clapping or loud noises at my cinema.

And I don't know about you, but I don't have a 2 ton IMAX analog projector along with the 98 feet high screen right at home.
Or a living room with perfect acoustic treatment and a sound system with multi-thousand watt amplifiers and speakers even behind the screen which has microscopic holes throughout for the sound to get through.

I only visit the kinoplex.

t. IMAX employee

You'll be out of a job soon enough

I haven't been in a long time.

Biggest reason to me is that I live in Germany, so all the movies you can watch in cinema are dubbed in German, which is extremely annoying and basically ruins every movie. Exceptions are rare and usually only for movies I don't give a shit about anyway like capeshit and such things.

Beyond that, I actually prefer watching movies at home. It's more comfortable, I can eat what I want, I can pause the movie whenever I want, rewatch scenes, anything. There are no heads in my line of sight, nobody is talking and I can set the audio level exactly the way I want. Oh, and I don't waste my time getting to the cinema and back.

I haven't been since 2008.

This.
Cinemápark.

I'm still amazed how you germans still didn't organise some edgy cinema riot to get the option of original film versions in your cinemas without the german dubs.

>poor resolution
>film grain
>too loud
>can smell bad
>nigs shouting in the background
>falcons flying in front of the screen

Why even go to cinema?

I'm sure they have "art" cinemas that show movies with subs, every dub country has those. It's not mainstream, but it's out there if you want it.

Nobody cares really. They grow up with dubs, and don't realize how shitty it is compared to the real thing. Most of them don't even really understand actual spoken English. They learn it in school and try their best to avoid it for the rest of their lives.

Then how can they even complain? Why even go and give money to the dubbed cinemas and let them exist?
The only excuse could be if you live in a small area where there is only one cinema with dubs exclusively.

They're pretty rare in France. I think the nearest cinema that shows non dubbed movies is 450 km from my place.

If you are lucky enough to live near one that might be an option, but I don't and I won't drive more than an hour to get to one.

Implying.

It's ridiculously annoying with tons of limitations. Why would I drive 20 minutes, treated like a terrorist for bringing something to drink/eat, pay to watch 10 minutes of ads and trailers, sit next to noisy/smelly people in a chair where someone spilled some shit, not be able to take a break whenever I want to and then have to drive 20 minutes back. Even if the cinema were free, I doubt I'd go more than once a year for pure variety.

You don't get dubs in Germany, but I do.

10 mins of ads ?
Try 22 mins where i am, 22 mins of fucking ads before the movie even starts

quality post

I got banned from mine after failing too many penis inspections

I have an unlimited cinema card I have access to 50 kinoplexes in Paris, living the dream.

>in paris

RIP you.

>treated like a terrorist for bringing something to drink/eat
You're upset because the theater doesn't let you get away with breaking their policies? Why don't you just not eat or drink for that couple of hours?
>not be able to take a break whenever I want to
What kind of autist can't sit still for an hour and a half?

Last time there was a terrorist attack I was watching Alien in a popular cinema.
How lucky am I?

test

I get free tickets these days so it would be rude not to.
Got 3 to use up in the next 2 weeks so I'll have to go again soon.
I never went until I started getting free tickets... it's way too fucking expensive.

Extremely lucky, your kinoplex must have a deal with ridley scott to not have the designated shooters come in until the move is over.

How else will my falcon learn social skills and how to interact with other birds?

>way too fucking expensive

Maybe if you're literal scum who's a total idiot

Going to the theater is great. You cannot truly replicate the experience at home.

Maybe once a year. I'd say that at least 50% of the time it's with my father so yes I do visit the cinema and I really enjoy going.

I feel bad for lonely anons who watch all of their movies and TV on their laptops.

A pitiful existence.

>I enjoy something
>so I do it just once a year

>going to the movies for the movie
there's a reason going to the movies alone is considered a little weird. It's supposed to be a social thing. would you go to a bar just to drink vodka that's 3x more expensive than it would be at home?

Movies are made for the cinema. It's as simple as that. If all you know are the big chain multiplexes, you'll never get the joy of cheap matinee showings at your local indie/art theatre, with a patrician crowd.

We only go to see films we really want to watch and that have gotten good reviews. This automatically means that's it's not very many opportunities per year. Part of what makes it enjoyable is that it's something we only do once in a while.

Also planning/time/money.

fuck you

Why are you upset user?

>ONCE
>A
>YEAR
Which one was it last year?

This. Even fuckin mexican kinoplexes have english screenings throughout the day.

Usually go once a month to curzon in London, have some great films there, recently had a Tarlovsky season. Prices are extortianate though.

>tfw can't post images
>tfw the crab bucket slips

WHY

Latest one was Logan, and I think it was The Revenant before that. Can't remember if there was something in between those. Why does it matter to you that I only go once a year?

>Live in a small town
>local theatre I work at introduced assigned seating

Management tells us this is a nationwide trend. Is this true Sup Forums? Because it sucks.

I'm sure there will be an artsy place in the next big city that shows original movies.

Here in cologne we got the Metropolis and it's the best cinema experience I've had.
>cheaper than regular cinema
>original audio
>no ads before thr movie apart from two or three movie trailers
>usually not an annoying crowd
>cheap snacks and drinks

The theater experience is shit:

People always talk, use their phones, or chew like cows.

There are always annoying kids, or worst babys.

The screen quality is usually shit unless you pay big buck for IMAX or some other bullshit.

In my country at least, everything is fucking dubbed

Dolby Atmos > Imax

It's funny, and a sad look into the state of Sup Forums. You post here because of an assumed passion for films, yet you restrict yourself to only seeing one movie a year, while the rest (if any) are on a dimly lit computer screen. What if you wanted to see a second movie, does your autism prevent you?

People usually get kicked out for talking or having phones on here. Maybe you should try an art house cinema.

>Why don't you just not eat or drink for that couple of hours?
Now why would I want to do that? Paying only to get my choices limited sounds pretty silly.

>What kind of autist can't sit still for an hour and a half?
Most movies are quite a bit longer and again, why should I? If it gets dull enough to want a cig break but not dull enough to leave, the former sounds like a better option.

Cinema experience is inferior to watching the shit at home.

Unlike with bars or sport events, there are hardly any benefits with going to movie with others. "Hey, let's sit in a dark room where you're not supposed to speak together only so we can discuss the shit afterwards!"
Besides, it's not like you can skip the whole cinema thing and simply watch it at your place with them.

Not everyone got a shit TN monitor, senpai. If you want to go full autism, a 4K projector starts at just 2-3k or so, which will pay off in couple years depending on how often you go.

>What if you wanted to see a second movie, does your autism prevent you?
No I'd go see it if I wanted to.
>you restrict yourself to only seeing one movie a year
There's no restriction. I do watch more than one, just not in a theater. I have a 40 something inch tv with good sound at home and I also watch films at my fathers place where he basically has his own minicinema 70 inch screen, fantastic surround sound, multiple comfy recliners. Your statement is also wrong for another reason, I only watch one NEW film at the cinema per year.

Stop making assumptions.

I bought a projector and watching anything in a theater or on a tv is just shit now.
Ill take my movie experiences on a projector in the comfort of my own home where i can literally eat crab legs, pause the movie, and be in my underwear.
Plus for the price of a ticket and a snack i can just buy the movie on bluray.

You should stop watching films. TV sounds more your speed.

"Y-you're watching it wrong!"

>Even fuckin mexican
>Even
It makes much more sense that Mexicans have English screenings, than Germans having them.

Not the one you replied to, but I agree with him.
I too, only watch about 1 - 3 movies a year in the cinema. Truth is, there aren't many movies that warrant the spending. It's 10€+ where I am, and with refreshments it bumps to 20€.
Also, friends/family aren't always available and going alone isn't my thing.
To be honest, only reason to watch a movie in a cinema is to enjoy the superior sound quality, nothing else. Depending on your seating, it can be a pain to watch a movie from the sides or from too close up.

>home-popped popcorn always tastes wrong
>using real butter isn't the same as cinema's chemicals
>the gross hotdogs have a special place in my heart

I wish I wasn't so alone but the cinema fills that void for me.

>stop making assumptions
Your post was vague to begin with user. You literally said you go to the movies once a year. Now I understand more about your situation, and your setup/habits seem nice. With all the shit I see on this board, people watching camrip streams of Suicide Squad and acting superior, I made assumptions based on your first post.

I only go 1-3 times a year, and always with somebody else
It's MUCH better to watch a movie at home

is hiroshimoot going to kill Sup Forums?

I just hope he deletes Sup Forums

Yeah, that's fair

>he didn't see Mad Max: Fury Road or Pacific Rim in the cinema
Explain yourself.

What would that accomplish?

only pay for documentary festivals lately... don't care about anything that's in the cinema, or too afraid i'll be going to a literal shitfest

besides that, I hate going to the movies compared to sitting inside a house with drink , toilet, and crableggs at the ready

Cinemas would work better if they were covered amphitheaters, and only showed kino. The box model is horrible.

that just isn't true

>all these ADD brainlets complaining how they can't take a break while watching in cinema

It's how you're supposed to watch a film, not to break it up in six parts while rewinding and rewatching something multiple times.
And if the toilet is the problem just go to the bathroom before the film like any other normal thinking person.

That's exactly why I like going to the cinema, I can't go online, nobody can call me because my phone is off and I can't take any breaks or stop the movie so the only thing I can do in those 2 hours is to watch and experience the goddamn film like you're supposed to do.

Basically this

In theory you're right but you can still be interrupted and distracted by other people there. I usually go see films a few weeks after their premiere to avoid other people.

So basically IMAX?
(it won't let me upload an image so here's a link i.ytimg.com/vi/MB95ZXuLbls/maxresdefault.jpg)

Sup Forums doesnt need images, hopefully it stays this way

>In theory you're right but you can still be interrupted and distracted by other people there.

Only if you live in degenerate america my friend.

That's what I do too
On top of that, I go during the evening/night so that there's no annoying kiddos there

>"Sup Forums is a simple image-based bulletin board where anyone can post comments and share images."

It's one of the crucial things that separates us from reddit.

We've been reddit for years now, hiroshimoot is killing images to save money

Good thing I don't. I'm just aware of the possibility but I've never been annoyed more than once or twice where I live.

Considering the US is just around the corner and the major migration target, it kind of is.

First person to upload an image gets to stay on my aircraft

(`. : \ __..----..__
`.`.| |: _,-':::''' ' `:`-._
`.:\|| _,':::::' `::::`-.
\\`| _,':::::::' `:. `':::`.
;` `-'' `::::::. `::\
,-' .::' `:::::. `::.. `:\
,' /_) -. `::. `:. |
,'.: ` `:. `:. .::. \
__,-' ___,..-''-. `:. `. /::::. |
|):'_,--' `. `::.. |::::::. ::\
`-' |`--.:_::::|_____\::::::::.::|
| _/|::::| \::::::|::/\ :|
/:./ |:::/ \__:::):/\ :\
,'::' /:::| ,'::::/_/ `. ``-.__
'''' (//|/\ ,';':,-' `-.__ `'--..__
`''---::::'

⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⠴⠖⡛⣩⠿⠿⠿⢷⣿⣾⣷⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣼⣧⡣⠖⠋⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⠉⠙⠺⠢⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢸⣯⡯⣇⢀⡀⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⣸⣿⣽⣳⣿⣹⣡⠄⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⣀⣀⡀⢀⠑⡀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣀⠠⢀⣿⣿⣿⡿⣿⣷⣿⣿⠅⢀⢛⡴⡿⠿⣶⣄⡒⡚⠛⢈⣰⣀
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠔⠁⠈⠑⡄⠘⢻⡟⣛⡻⣿⣽⠍⢀⠠⢏⣃⣴⢾⡛⢏⠛⠏⢿⢿⢦⡅
⢀⢀⢀⢀⠎⢠⠃⢀⢀⠸⡀⢸⢨⡵⡽⣌⡏⠐⡂⠤⠉⠛⠢⠩⣭⠝⠈⢀⠈⠙⠧⡁
⢀⢀⢀⡌⢀⡈⢀⢀⢀⢀⢃⢸⡄⠃⠣⢸⣗⠰⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡀⢀⢀⢀⠐⡄
⢀⢀⢀⢇⢀⡇⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⣼⠸⡌⢁⣾⣿⣏⣿⡼⣒⢃⣄⠠⡠⡞⠉⠉⢆⢀⢀⢀⢱
⢀⢀⡎⢀⢸⣇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢫⡇⢓⣾⣿⣻⣻⣿⣟⣿⣵⣾⣿⣧⣁⠶⢄⡀⠁⠁⢀⢰
⢀⢀⡇⢀⠈⢻⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⡁⠈⡽⣟⣿⣯⣯⡿⡏⢮⢭⣟⠛⠛⠻⠳⣾⣗⠲⠤⠜
⢀⢀⢇⢀⢀⣾⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠇⢀⣹⢿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣇⢎⠻⣼⣽⣛⡯⡽⠉
⢀⢸⢀⢀⢀⠟⡄⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⡤⠛⣧⣿⣜⢿⣿⣿⣾⣷⣌⠉⠙⣡⣿⡄⣀
⢠⠛⢀⢀⢀⢰⠇⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⡰⣻⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡿⠻⠋⣡⠁
⢸⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⡧⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⡇⢻⢏⣿⣽⣿⣟⣿⣿⣿⠟⢀⠠⢎⣉⠊⢰⡀
⠸⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠰⠂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⣘⡛⢡⡟⢻⣟⡾⠿⢿⠋⢀⢀⢀⠈⡋⠐⢁⢼
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢣⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠞⠁⠎⠉⠉⠉⢀⢀⢀⢈⣇⢀⢐⠂⡒⣁⢀⢅⢴⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠈⢂⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠘⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠿⣀⣞⠛⢺⠁⣏⢹⠃
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠣⡀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢠⢀⢀⢀⠄⠚⠁⠉⠉⠙⠊⠙⠁⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠐⢄⡀⢀⠠⠤⠢⣕⠡⠔⠊⠁
⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⢀⠉⠉⠉⠉

My shitpost was gone be this:
A screenshot of the Google I/O event.
And "Is this keynote?" in the comment field.

Kek.jpg

Holy fuck did gookmoot seriously remove images?

Fuck