Was Roger Ebert /yourguy/?

Was Roger Ebert /yourguy/?

I swear this dude was the embodiment of Sup Forums. The most contrarian motherfucker in the history of film criticism.

He definitely was a BRAAAAP poster

>Who is armond white

Since when was Armond White contrarian?

Armond White?

Armond Right

I often disagreed with him, but his reviews were always incredibly well written and usually entertaning, even if the opinions were retarded. Also, he was definitely one to champion new things and would defend things that were different.

Also, as far as being a contrarian goes he has nothing on Armond White. CWC's brother Cole Smithey tried to copy him, but failed.

Dude didn't like Blue Velvet.

Is dead to me.

>a mentally retarded "person" being taken seriously
wtf, Amerca?
Ebert: "aeeeeeheahorrdurpoueroehru ererrrpubuhubh"
"wow, such sharp criticism!!"

He's, uh, dead in general.

How was he a contrarian? He routinely gave 4 stars to Oscar bait and panned films that were too "edgy" or "misogynist".

Since forever?

nice one bitch

He gave Usual Suspects like 1.5 stars and included it in his list of the worst movies of all time.

He lives on in the black lodge.

fuck I didn't knew he lost his jaw because of cancer. So weird looking man.

Ebert was a normalfaggot with slightly refined taste. Armond White is our guy. Followed by Dan Schneider.

On the flipside it makes for a radical Halloween costume.

he was a faggot who cared more about a film having the "correct positions" according to western neoliberal orthodoxy than technique or storytelling.

and he was an actual hack who frequently changed his opinion when something he said was bad turned out to be popular or liked by other critics.

fuck ebert

He died how he lived cancerously

>and he was an actual hack who frequently changed his opinion when something he said was bad turned out to be popular or liked by other critics.
This is true of all critics.

It also happens when something is liked by the general public.

He wasn't contrarian for the sake of being contrarian like Sup Forums. The dude has his own perspective and had the ability to voice it very well, Sup Forums bitches about shit by spamming memes.

Mark Kermode is /ourguy/

but I'M /mayo/

Sup Forums is not "contrarian", go back to the other website

No, he was really Reddit.
>nigger
>/our guy/
L e l
e
l

where's the gif

>contrarian
He was a complete pleb with mediocre taste