Your thoughts on this?

Your thoughts on this?

Troy: Fall of a City is an upcoming miniseries based on the Trojan War and the love affair between Paris and Helen. The series is a co-production between BBC One and Netflix, with BBC One airing the show in the United Kingdom, and Netflix streaming the show internationally outside the UK.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Gyasi
deadline.com/2017/03/troy-fall-of-a-city-cast-bella-dayne-louis-hunter-joseph-mawle-frances-oconnor-david-threlfall-bbc-netflix-1202055633/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is the actress who plays Helen. Would you start a war for her?

I'd let her suck my dick

This is Achilles

This is Aeneas

I laughed at first because I thought you were memeing me. WHY THE FUCK is Achilles played by a nigger?

Will they make a version based on history or mythology? In other words, will they show the gods intervening or make it ambiguous?

BBC

But we already have a good Troy movie with the best possible Helen.

mythology, half the cast is black

Troy is a famously black city user.

>based on the iliad
>entire cast is black
Am I being meme'd?

That can mean two things!

>inb4 black warriors
>inb4 female warriors

so progressive!

>it's true

Hahaha wtf

'Troit: Fall of a Cityz'n'shit

who is this ayy lmao?

Even if that's true Achilles is not trojan. He's a myrmidon fighting for the Achaeans AGAINST Troy. Furthermore, the actual trojans like Priam, Paris and Hector are all played by white actors.

I can picture it now: the Achaeans fight for liberty and the American way; they are a progressive and diverse and multi-racial, multi-cultural society, free from hate; the conflict is about women's rights and the struggle against toxic masculinity; Helen ultimately realises that she truly loves both Paris and Menelaus, and that's okay and empowering; true love conquers all and they live happily ever after.

Clearly Troy is an oppressive society and Black Achilles is coming to free his brothers and sisters from the white man

When will this end? At this rate we'll probably get a film about a black Julius Caesar invading Gaul to free his black brethren.

Then maybe we can have a movie about a black Alexander the Great invading the Achaemenid's because they were enslaving black Greeks.

WE WUZ GREEK DEMIGODS AND SHIT

What's the bet that Patroclus is a white twink?

>Black Achilles
>Blachilles

Nah Helen ascends because womyn and then Menelaus and Paris becomes a gay couple (with that faggot Paris as the bottom of course)

>Achilles and Patroclus are bisexual and have sex in the show
Would be infuriated desu

figured something like this just as soon as I read BBC.

I honestly want to see Doctor Who regenerate into a Burka wearing female muslim as this point just to watch them try to spin it

>He's black because he was dipped in the river Styx
>His heel is still caucasian.

And Hector is going to be watching from the couch?

No but I'm sure he'll have a speech about how him saving the entire city almost singlehandedly is nothing compared to the burden of the women IN the city.

>Achilles and Patroclus are bisexual and have sex in the show
Oh user. There's no chance that doesn't happen at this point, they'd probably receive complaints if they left it out.

That's like making Frodo and Sam gay, I really hope they don't do it but I won't be surprised when it happens.

Sam was obviously gay.

Sam actually managed to get married to a women and father children though. Frodo is the "committed bachelor"

BLACK GREEKS
BLACK TROYANS
BLACK BLACKS

Holy shit, don't fucking watch this. Don't even hate watch it. Black people need to fuck off with their cultural appropriation

Idris Elba staring as Achilles, Paris, Helen, Zeus and the Trojan Horse. The Trojan Horse is well hung.

you're fucking kidding me

>BLACK BLACKS
That's the scene that racist cracka Homer left out where the great Pharaoh Elba I arrives to save the Greeks from certain defeat right?

>co-production between BBC

So it will be full of niggers? Dropped.

you guys are all memeing me right? This is not actually Achilles right?!!!
I'm afraid to look it up

WE

>Black Achilles and god knows who else
>Pares who cucks the white boi still white
You had one job

Helen will be black

>Gyasi was born in Hammersmith, London, to a family from Ghana.
>Roles: 2018,Troy: Fall of a City,Achilles

Helen will be blacked *

Wrong. She's posted here

To be fair the myrmidons aren't human, just like the niggers.

I'm fucking dying here man this shit is hilarious!!! Didn't BBC also produce a King Arthur show with Black Lancelott?

Wait was Achilles a myrmidon? I thought they just fought for him?

No that was Canada BBC had Black Guinevere.

Black Bedevere, the black Lancelot was from a Stars series.

He was their king so that should count

>name literally means "the white lady"
>cast a nigger sow

>Black people
>implying

Wait no you're right he just commanded them. He still wasn't trojan though.

>BBC had Black Guinevere.
omfg

>Black Bedevere,
wait another one..wtf is going on here?!!
Also some user in a thread about the upcoming King Arthur movie even pointed out that in the legend there already is a black (or moorish) knight I can't remember which. So why do they keep going for these others?

Alfred Enochs Dad is white, in case that isn't obvious by his features.

There are in fact two, Sir Morien and Sir Palomedes. They're Moors not niggers but still casting a coon as either wouldn't be too egregious since they are at least from Africa.

it's funny because Achilles was the blondest of the Greeks

i didnt think i was a racist until i felt that tinge of anger at the idea of a black achilles.

welp, that's that then. off to Sup Forums, later lads.

WE

okay so there's two!! Why the fuck not go for some arabs then if they want to fill the diversity quota?!
This shit is insane.

Like I would love to sit down with the creators and have them explain why thye choose these particular actors. I'm not mad like Sup Forums probably is just amused at how silly this all is. it's laughable really

You're not racist.
It's just dumb. His name is fucking Ἀχιλλεύς. Him being not greek is retarded.
I'd be equally annoyed if a Spaniard played him.

I'm not sure we ever get a description of Achilles in Illiad, aside from the fact that he was the handsomest and bravest of the Greeks.

GUYS. I've had enough. Surely among us NEETS we have the resources to pool together to make an MLK movie and make the good doctor white or mexican or something.

>In the Iliad, Achilles has blonde hair («ξανθῆς δὲ kόμης ἕλε Πηλεΐωνα» = "she (Athena) grabbed Achilles by his blonde hair"; Iliad, 1.197). That's probably the most persistent characteristic given for him and is repeated numerous times. The word "xanthē" (ξανθή) used here can be translated as "yellow", "fair", "golden", "blonde". Sadly, we can't be sure about the exact shade.

I can tell you that. The BBC has an official "race blind" casting process, but despite this they cast far more niggers than would be representative for the UK (where niggers make up ~1%). The reason for this is probably because the BBC is headquarted in London, where niggers are hugely over-represented, so they get a lot more nigger actors applying for roles than you'd expect for the actual number of niggers found in Britain.

There's also the fact that the "race blind" casting ONLY applies to "white" roles, any role that is of a nigger character is always and only cast with a nigger actor, this in turn further exaggerates the number of niggers in BBC productions.

obvious troll is obvious

Obvious moron is obvious.

>I'd be equally annoyed if a Spaniard played him.
were you annoyed when Brad Pitt played him?

It's true. Fuck. I'm filled with despair now.
>Game Of Thrones‘ Mawle plays as Odysseus; Pirrie (War & Peace) is Andromache; Harris (This Is England 86-90) is Agamemnon; Gyasi (Interstellar) is Achilles; and Armstrong (Ripper Street) plays Menelaos, the King of Sparta whose marriage to Helen is destroyed when Paris arrives in his city.
deadline.com/2017/03/troy-fall-of-a-city-cast-bella-dayne-louis-hunter-joseph-mawle-frances-oconnor-david-threlfall-bbc-netflix-1202055633/

I wonder how far they'll take this.
>Black Ceasar
>Black Charlemagne?
>Black Richard the Lionheart?
>Black Hitler?

Yeah

AAAAAAAAAAAND

DROOOOOPED!!!! Dumb Brit fucks

Pitt at least looked the part, impossibly handsome and blonde.

Yeah i'm just messing with you. I actually really like Pitt as an actor and when I think of Achilles his portrayal comes up in my mind

>BBC production
Let me guess, Achilles or Helen will be black?

see

Son of a fucking bitch.

It's also being filmed in South Africa, which has laws about representation of niggers in tv shows.

>entire series about cucking

Bravo HBO

>Brexit happens
>British media is still filled with race mixing
so... what was the point?

I'm still not too sure about Sir Morien being black. I haven't seen any historical artifacts specifically saying he was one, and a bunch of ancient depictions of him show him to look not black but the oldest one made hundreds of years after his death depicts him as a negroid.

He's also the only one, There aren't "two". Also moors aren't black.

This is so disgusting.

>London
Lmao, London is basically the America of Europe, isn't it? I know it's just a city, but still.

Was Achilles actually white? The one i picture is Brad Pitt,, but they were greeks,, and greeks are... With a tan?

so does the law extend to foreign productions?
Like if Michael bay did another transformers movie in SA would he have to throw in a quota of black people?

Nice. When they re-boot Rome, they can have Augustus Caesar played by a Somalian.

>Greeks aren't white meme
>whites can't have tans

Of course it is

Does south Africa even look anything like current western Turkey?

Well, he certainly wasn't black that's for sure.

they have a tan, but not like a burned toast ffs

Palomedes is also a Moor. And like I said, neither is "black" in the modern sense of "nigger", they were Moors (who are actually swarthy but white).

Muslim Charlemagne. He found out the secrets of the great men who tried to overthrow his tyrannical grandfather.

Yes of course it does, can you think of any laws that DON'T apply to foreigners inside a country?

Apparently so, the Cape Colony in particular is noted for it's close resemblance to the Mediterranean.

>BBC

WE

all miniseries on ancient times are always shit, end of story, I know you can't come up with any example that's not chessy

are we ever gonna get another even remotely accurate historical show ever again lads?

You know, it's just a TV show, but this kind of thing is historically damaging. If we wait 100 years, will public perception of greeks change from white to black? People are illiterate about history, they don't read. Their perceptions come from what they see in mainstream media. Achilles wanted his name to live on for thousands of years,, he got that, but this is humiliating.