Is it true Netflix pays people to shill their shows here?

Is it true Netflix pays people to shill their shows here?

>let's shill on Sup Forums, they seem the type to pay for their entertainment!

Isn't that true for any social media platform though? A huge chunk of normiehood just stream if they can't figure out how to torrent. Enough people here aren't poorfag that'll actually pay for their shows.

I didn't used to think so, but now I'm suspicious.

>mention that Netflix's new "rating" system is not actually a rating system
>immediately met with damage control responses that insist it's a real rating system

lol really I only saw people making fun of it

There also always seems to be a huge spike in positive discussion regarding their shows during their running cycle, the dies off almost immediately after the show airs

Take Stranger Things. Shit went from fail generals to only being mentioned occasionally in passing. Meanwhile shows like Dr. Who and GoT still retain their following.

Also the Witcher thread that's up right now. By Sup Forums board culture, it should be flooded with memers yelling about how Sup Forums the thread is. Yet instead it's filled with anons talking about how hyped they are.

I wish. It would be so easy to do considering how much great content is on their platform. It seems like every day they're adding new, exciting Netflix Originals.

See

shill

Yeah and they are terrible.
They are probably losing subscribers because of them.

if you ever look at the doctor who threads it's just like 5 lamers who samefag each thread to 300 posts

Pretty fucking cringe

it's full of people saying it will probably be filled with niggers and cucks saying thats a good thing.

I hate generals but at least whofags stay in their fucking shit thread.

idk about Netflix but Rock and Marty for sure have marketing team that hires shills that shill their shitfest here non-stop.I found that last month when the shill campaign was going strong for about 2-3 weeks when there were 9-10 threads about rick and merty non-stop here.

Probably. Though some other company would handle it instead of Netflix and Sup Forums wouldn't be a priority.

I'm sure there are shills here but I think those rick and morty threads were just made by redditfags who can't handle some people not liking it.

Meh, I can chock that up to being a meme. Sup Forums got super anti-rick & Morty after Reddit started to like it, so some anons started spamming threads as a joke. Same thing with Colbert

Shilling is just marketing.
Getting exposure and staying relevant so more people see it.
The people on Sup Forums aren't supposed to pay money.
They are supposed to discuss and create memes.

Colbert posting is an extensive ad campaign paid for by Jimmy Fallon.

Delete this before they find out you're telling us the insider secrets

Yes.

I mean, "naw, I doubt it. They pump out quality stuff. Why would they need paid shills?"

Except nobody likes Colbert

Probably. If I like the show I'll shill it for free though.

probably, they abolished their rating system to accommodate a fat unfunny jewess ego

Of course they do.
Do you really think that stuff like the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt or Master of None would ever get threads in Sup Forums otherwise?

Nah, Sup Forums actually doesn't know a thing. Unless there is conclusive proof of shills, I refuse to believe anything that Sup Forums says.

You want proof? Look inside your PayPal account balance. After that post, you'll see it's up .01 cents.

>Sup Forums
Witcher is a book you mong.

the first 4-5 years of the repor were great television..... i couldn't even last over a week with his new show.

I have been thinking about it, and is this really such a bad place to shill your show or movie? Facebook/twitter you need to have a massive following or friends to make a difference. And over at redit with their voting system, you are going to need to find shills that are good at starting a circle jerk, or it's kind of pointless and no one will see their comments. I don't think anyone is willing to pay online commenters enough to snag people with any kind of special skill like that. I certainly don't have it, nor do i want it.

Sup Forums has quite a lot of traffic, and most people lurk and don't post. Nearly everyone posts anonymously so everyone's posts have the same weight, even shills. Even with the high amount of people here not paying for media, i think it's not the worst place to send people to hype your show.

I really doubt they get paid.

Lets think.
Is it more likely they pay people to shill here and think that will result in revenue, or that people just call each other shill to piss one another off for showing interest in a product? Hmmmm...

You underestimate the amount of lurkers here, the goal of advertisers is exposure to as many people as possible so it's not an unrealistic assumption that there are people who get paid to shill here.

Yes, AMA

Yes. All the "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" threads when it first debuted were shameless.

the idea in 2017 marketers bother hovering over threads in an anonymous board is probably low.

if they exist they probably dance between 20 different things constantly and come from a country where 2 dollars an hour goes much a longer way aka india.

Is it true that Hollywood pays you to shit on Netflix here?
Anything that forces Hollywood to compete is automatically good.

No

>that'll actually pay for their shows
no. youre just in the minority of retards who pay for something they could get for free

i'm pretty sure no one with any idea what they're doing would "shill" on Sup Forums or any board that isn't Sup Forums

Do you dumbfucks actually think there are paid shills posting on here?

How stupid can you get?

thats exactly what a paid shill would say..

Why would there be paid shills on Sup Forums of all places? Literally no one would listen to them.

Any thread about a new movie or tv show

How fucking new are you? Sup Forums has been confirmed to be targeted by shills several times already.

There are like a few hundred to maybe a thousand autists on Sup Forums at any given time. You really think someone trying to market a movie would pay people to post here when you can reach a million people on facebook for like $50?

Then that could make all of Sup Forums a bunch of shills.

Why even discuss anything on here if that's the case?

By fucking who exactly? Can you prove this?

Anonymity makes it easier than any other social media, however its usually retards that shill their pet projects rather than giant corporations

By "anonymous". Ironically despite people here thinking they're smart critical thinkers, they will listen to and believe anything a random user says as long as it fits with what they want to be true.

Again, can you prove this?

>"Okay so we have to shill our product on social media, we show people that other real and respectable people like our product. We advertise it regularly and to people who are easily influenced with much disposable income. Also those people should be normal and healthy."
>"Okay boss so what we have here is a website originally meant for discussing anime and everything japanese, there are no accounts, most people know how to pirate and do so regularly, are notorious underachievers and constantly shit on mainstream media and worldviews. Also nothing is permanent so we have to put in an effort for hours and hour in a thread then it will die and turn into nothingness. Also the userbase is highly autistic and does not approve of anything including themselves. Marketing anything there would require our whole budget and manpower and they wouldn't buy anything from us if we advertise there. Most would even buy less from us."
>"Okay sounds like a plan. I'm all in."

Marketers and astroturfers, you must be really new to the internet in general if you are this surprised that guerrilla marketing is a thing.
Reddit and Facebook are more attractive places to shill (and it happens A LOT) but other sites are secondary targets, your flustered replies make me think that you are a shill yourself or just a newfag dumbass.

To troll the shills

Duh

>can't provide proof of it happening on Sup Forums

I exploit their one month free trial feature
I make a new account with a fake email, watch whatever, 30 days later time's up, so I start all over with a new account
I highly recommend people to do this

You can't provide proof that there aren't shills on Sup Forums.

No, it's a meme that some brainlets fall for. Nobody gives a fuck about this website to that degree. Anons just like either "muh special club" or "muh secret undermining" complexes because it makes their lives feel an iota less empty.

They do, but it's very likely that the unit doing this task, be it internally at Netflix our oursourced, wasn't founded to better the talk on the Internet about a show or something.
It started early, just to get the name out. Saying the service is great, cheap, from the computer, easy.. all that stuff. Sup Forums is actually a decent space for that, and if you got guys doing it everywhere, it doesn't take up much time.
There is no point in doing that anymore, so - they have to do something else.

I asked first. Where's the proof of shills? Why would I believe something if there is no proof of it?

>they do
Prove it, schizo.

stop de-shilling you shill

kek

This.

I watch online there's tons of website that stream online.

It doesn't work on the same IP address you dumb clod. Is this bait? Has to be.

I'm a shill and I admit that I am a shill.

>backpedaling
Can I have the proof, please?

They know people do this but they bet on that you will eventually get tired of doing that and eventually pay for the service.

That isn't proof.

see

Why would I lie?

is it really so unbelievable that someone would buy gold and auto spam once an hour for a company?

Yeah see, that isn't proof.

That isn't proof.

It's a common netflix shill tactic, they bait people into thinking they are smart by "exploiting" the free trial, gaining more users that will eventually start paying anyway.
You have to a humongous retard to think they don't know how easy it is to abuse the free trial, they just don't care.

>Netflix release full seasons of new shows in hopes of dominating social media for a few weeks
>it works regardless of quality due to the sheer amount of content put out
>idiots cry about shilling
Sup Forums was a mistake

Yes.

I don't have any proof, but you don't either. I could argue that it is technologically feasable, considering how much money is spent on advertising it's relatively cheap, it definately has been done before and companies gaining most of the revenue over the internet are especially likely to fight for headspace on there.

So, now I'd like to hear, what you would argue about why there are no shills.

Again, unless they changed something, this literally doesn't work unless you use different IP addresses...

Why would I lie?

>I don't have any proof, but you don't either.
Because you don't prove a negative you brain damaged faggot.

Changing IP is the easiest shit in the world unless you are one of the rare poor sods with a static IP.

Okay, so you don't have any proof and you expect me to argue why there isn't any shills? To prove a negative?

Because admitting you're a shill goes against the entire point of being a shill. Can you prove you're a shill?

Too bad there isn't a way to change your IP address

What if you're the shill?

Then why do faggots always tell me play the trilogy on PC?

Again, more backpedaling.

I highly doubt thousands upon thousands are cycling through new IPs every month for a streaming service that costs barely 10 dollars a fucking month.

You have to be autistic to think anyone is doing this enough to care about, when PirateBay exists.

Because people only know about The Witcher because of the games, the series will be based on the books though.

Answer the question.

Exactly, that's the shill strategy. Back when Netflix was younger you had lots of anons telling you to abuse the free trial which was exactly what Netflix wanted.

>PirateBay

Now it's all so perfectly clear: you're a shill for PirateBay

I'm not a shill. Now prove to me that there is shills or prove to me that you are a shill, because you're not really good at arguing.

I'd expect you to tell me about why you seem to be so 100% sure about there not being any shills here, if you don't have definite proof of this case, but there is proof for various cases of large-scale shilling around. Just look at the '16 election.

I mean, if you think it's more likely, that there aren't any shills around, that's fine. I'd just like to know why after phrasing out why I think it's likely, that shilling happens, and it happens more often than one might think.

Oh shit, you caught me.

Then just prove it!

>you can't disprove that Saturn is made out of orange juice, however it is very likely that it is orange juice based on the sources out of my ass. Now I'd like to hear how you argue against Saturn being out of orange juice

>implying Sup Forums isn't used by normies who value the convenience of plenty of on demand shows for $8 per month

I never said that I'm not 100% sure of shills. I just want to see proof. Where is the proof of shills?

It's just basic advertising fallout, user. You kids act like this is some elaborate tactic that should be outright banned from the world.