Is this a good movie?

it's shit

Its shit but better than the new one

Overrated as fuck
I don't see how people like that shit

It's turn-your-brain-off kino

Wait, you liked Force Awakens better than Rogue One?

I mean I can respect someone disliking both of them, but believing Rogue One was worse than the work of Jar Jar Abrams is a fucking insult

they were both fucking garbage

Shit I went to the cinema
And came out disappointed
I seen dart vader for only 30 secs and that was it
Had pointless character that just got killed of the next second
Another thing people called the movie dark

How was it dark Jesus
In what movie don't people die

Does anyone else want a movie with 100 light sabers in it at the same time on the screen

I don't want any more movies from disney.

Valid criticisms of Rogue One, but my point is that Force Awakens is objectively worse

The fucking villain gets curb stomped by a novice

Could you imagine a New Hope where Luke bitch slaps Vader? It robs the villain of all menace, and makes any future appearance a laugh

MARY SUE
UGLY CONGO NIGGER
EMO REN
STALE REHASHED STORY

No, it's a shitty fanfic.
It's a copy of New Hope BUT BIGGER.

It's garbage, and Rogue One is also garbage.

100x better than rogue one

No

Nah that battle would have been fine, triumphant and satisfying even, if Rey's development had made any sense whatsoever. Rey was strengthened by her emotion, while Kylo was being crippled by his. Plus he got shot and all.

Problem was, they made Rey out to be a superhero mary sue with nothing that could conceivably threaten her...THAT's what really weakened Kylo and will weaken any future """"threats"""" against her.

>Yes
>Sup Forums
>Yes
>Yes
There's literally nothing incorrect about this except the Sup Forums mention despite you trying your hardest to make it seem like a ridiculous stance.

garbage

I loved it
but i have a stormtrooper next to a lightsaber and a frame with David Prowes' autograph in it

Tbh, I thought it was okay. I don't think its as bad as some make it out to be.

But its biggest problem is that it plays it so safe to the point that hardly adds anything to the star wars universe.

I thought the prequels were better

I didnt finish it, but from what I have seen it is a cash grab that tries to rely on your nostalgia for the old movies.
Suddenly the millenium falcon is on not tatooine and Rey even calls it garbage as a reference to how Luke called it junk.
Had to stop the movie right there.

Is Sup Forums down?

You had to ask that on Sup Forums of all places? You know what the answer is mostly going to be.

yes.

The cognitive dissonance of OT fans who loved TFA but hated the prequels is mind boggling considering TFA completely shat all over everything the OT accomplished in ways the prequels couldn't even come close to.

It's nostalgia pandering racemixing propoganda tailor-made for the millenial antifa redditor audience who desperately want to see whitey as the bad guy. It was directed by a kike so idk why it would come as a suprise to you.

it's a pretty good reboot with some major disappointing things but overall a spinetingling feelgood nostalgiafest for OT lovers that comes pretty close to seeing one of the originals for the first time.

On its own it will get worse and worse the more the nostalgia wears off and become an average flick with some nice visuals.

Characters are better than the non-entities in Rouge One. Based purely on that, it's a better movie.

It's good.

I can understand a lot of the complaints made against it, and even agree with some of them, but it's fun as hell and singlehandedly put me from six to midnight, as far as hype for Star Wars goes.

>a spinetingling feelgood nostalgiafest for OT lovers that comes pretty close to seeing one of the originals for the first time

I think I'm going to puke after reading that

>It robs the villain of all menace,
You can say his menace was merely a phantom.

It's not even close to decent
As flawed as Rogue One was, it was better than this garbage

>The fucking villain gets curb stomped by a novice

There are many valid criticisms of TFA. Rey's sudden increase in power IS one, but this is not.

So the hero overcomes their challenges and defeats the villain at the end of the movie.
Of course they do. That's how movies fucking WORK.

And yeah, we know, Darth Vader was an unstoppable juggernaut in ANH.
Kylo Ren isn't Vader.
Congratulations on your basic perception skills.

Not horrible but definitely cemented that the magic of Star Wars is just gone.

>I seen dart vader for only 30 secs and that was it
How is this criticism? Vader wasn't the main antagonist, you fool.
>Had pointless character that just got killed of the next second
You mean like how the old guy and an entire village got slaughtered in TFA in the first few minutes? kek

It was decent, but retards will hate it for le stronk woman

There's nothing good about this movie.
It screams pretentious without having any of the talent required to actually be.
Add on the forced political shit, one dimensional characters, and overloaded corporate plastic and you zombie star wars, a movie nobody fucking wanted after the prequel abominations.
You're either a fucking $hill or someone with the cinematic intelligence of a chimp to actually like this movie.

I'm not gonna say it's the BEST MOVIE EVAR, but this movie's detractors are much, MUCH louder and more obnoxious than the people who like it, which just smacks of standard internet contrarianism.

lots of handsome black men

instead they had to choose THE most black and ugly of niggers, as if to score the maximum diversity points

he literally looks like they plucked him straight from the congo

dont kid yourself

Its good until Starkiller. But thats how JJ rolls.

Just watched it. How come knight of Ren lost to Rey?

Because Rey is way more powerful than him with the force

No. Kylo Ren is a bit interesting, but everything else is total garbage.

Rey is a much stronger force user. She will probably kill Kylo in the next movie after training with Luke.

Rogue One is better.

He is third generation skywalker. Third generation is always shit.

You can't post pictures for some reason

Hopefully the admins have created an AI that detects cuck threads

Both Luke and Anakin lost their first fights against Sith. They both then trained and returned stronger, Rey (who only just learned about the force and picked up a lightsaber) literally curb stomped a Sith Knight who was infamous for killing ALL of Luke's disciples and destroying the new temple. (He was suppose to be THAT good)

not only that, what about that mind trick scene? and Daisy Ridley can't act to save her life

2 minutes after ever piloting the falcon she does so superbly inside of a dangerous obstacle course against fighters who at the very least was trained. Daisy's character was neither trained nor had ever been in the Falcon but she's more proficient at its controls than Luke ever was since he could neither make heads nor tails of what anything did. Some would argue that she bumped the Falcon allot. Yeah, Sure she did. Even the Resistance trust her, this lady who just waltzed in their midst with no one knowing of her capabilities as a warrior, to say nothing of the supposed mission to find Luke, a mission that was vital to the survival of the Resistance. But if finding Luke was so vital, why send a nobody you just met?
And what's he supposed to teach her? She's already more proficient at the force than both he and Obi Wan ever was, so what's he supposed to teach her? What a missed opportunity this movie was.

*what a missed opportunity this movie is

I guess acting for her is open your eyes as wide as you can and when something serious goes down, open your mouth as well, you know to add to the dramatic look.

Maybe not a good movie, but a good SW movie.

Why is Kylo Ren so weak?

if it was a good star wars movie than it would be a good movie, unless you think the prequels are good star wars movies.

Prequels were weak and poorly told but they followed a logical plot. The Force Awakens isn't logical at all, it just has stuff that happens. Finn looks up and sees the ten times bigger death star that is literally powered by a sun, destroy an entire solar system, from light years away. I mean come on, that's incredibly dumb, even for a fantasy film. That's like, really dumb.

He really wasn't, he had just defeated Finn. You should be asking, why is Rey such a mary sue. Kylo got struck with Chewie's bowcaster, and was toying with Finn until Finn struck then he took out Finn in a jiff, but then this mary sue mudslime just takes him down when he says to her that he could teach her about the force. If you look up Mary Sue, you'll see One Punch Man, and Rey.

I actually loved prequels. They maybe arent great movies, but they are solid movies. And they were The Star Wars for me, because ive watched them first as a kid. Now, ofc, they aged.

>One Punch Man
That's his gimmick though, he's a joke character.

I wouldn't say that, more like this is the worst movie ever made. If you consider the budget and the franchise which from it's supposed to be a continuation, I honestly believe that it's the worst movie ever made.

That says a lot about the shitty movies that you haven't seen yet.

And that's my point, it's all a big joke. Like a farce or something. So what does that say about Rey?

Nothing, Star Wars has always been sci-fi schlock. It literally does not matter in the slightest.

Lucas always followed a type of logic though. Whereas JJ is in capable of telling a believable story. Here are a few of J.J's sins, Having Finn see a solar system's destruction from light years away in real time, Rey mastering the falcon, the force, being an expert marksman on the spot, and being mis congeniality all within the same day, along with a ten times bigger death star that eat suns, coupled that with, a strange Yoda pseudo thing that has a saber that for all intents and purposes fell into the crushing depths of a gas giant when asked as to why it's conveniently a story best left for another time---the Prequels were poorly executed yes, but they were consistent, whereas The Force Awakens feels as if it was written by a twelve year old on a power trip.