TWIN PEAKS ANTICIPATION THREAD

Which character are you looking forward to seeing again 25 years later lol

For me, it is Albert Rosenblatt.

Annie
Oh wait - fuck Lynch.

Cooper, though I'm hoping for a surprise Harry or Bowie cameo, when asked of Bowie filmed anything before he died Frost said he couldn't say anything.

Might as well post this

"In the first run of Twin Peaks, I play Shelley Johnson who is a waitress at the R&R Diner. But this time around you just don’t know who I might play… cause David Lynch is tricky that way and some people are not playing their original characters."

Pretty iteresting

I'm currently watching the pilot. truman and cooper go so well together I'm starting to become worried the new season will suck without him.

hows annie doing anyway?

Ben Horne

I woke up today with Just You stuck in my head but then it turned into the New Shoes theme and all was well.

Cooper goes well with everyone though desu

Obviously Cooper but Leland

The pilot feels so different to me, as if they rewrote the show between the pilot and the second episode. Cooper is straight-up creepy, doesn't have the same heroic quality. Meanwhile, Truman is more likeable. The answer in my head is that they originally wrote Truman with Robert Forster in mind, got MIchael Ontkean, realized he didn't have the chops to be the central character of an ensemble, and rewrote the show to be more Cooper-driven.

Leland
Coop
Man from Another Place
The Gianr

This Dwayne is probably dead by now bwa-ha

I find the pilot to be one of the weakest episodes over the entire series. Important for world building and has its moments but overall feels very flat to me.

Good riddance, Annie was a mistake

F

I just watched the Milford wedding episode for the first time, and came to the thread to post ">Catherine Did Nothing Wrong".
But then Andrew walked out.

Shelley or Audreys daughter? Hot pieces of ass usually birth some hot pieces of ass.

i think dale was portrayed as especially eccentric early on to show how the small town people perceived him before they got accustomed to his behavior...might be looking to far into it

Why did like half the cast die right before the new series? God damn man.

Mood-chen sounds like a retard, she thinks that she's a different person just because her character got a new job

tony jay is dead too :(

too bad sherilyn fenn aged like shit

Still would

the only characters who werent already 80 (the mayor, senor droolcup) that diedbefore filming are BOB, Major Briggs and Pete and Andrew (who were both probably dead anyway?)

Log Lady and Albert both have scenes.

How's Annie?

fuck you i would wreck her

Who here is ready for FWWM to get the appreciation is deserves?

why was Shelly even married to Leo

Love this show and want to catch up before the new series
How do I watch season 2 without killing myself?
Is the meme of just watching the last episode real?

there's no need, she's already a wreck

I want to succ Denise's dick

I just saw FWWM and was pure kino, why you guys hate it?

Also this scene made my dick rock. I'm a psico?

Incorrect.

Someone post the webm from Shameless

which part?

Season 2 up to episode 9 is on par with season 1. On my rewatches I then continue with the last four episodes. On a first run it's your call if the story details merit being tortured by the godawful Renault, Windom Earle, James and Annie storylines after episode 9.

everyone here loves that film, its underrated

Nobody here hates it, you've mistaken us with reddit newfag.

what is the purpose of James why wasn't he killed off

There's usually more people who like FWWM in these threads than there aren't. I think it's his best film.

he was Lynch's boipucci

>yfw Dr. Pavel is going to be in this
>yfw Eugene Porter is going to be in this
>yfw Winston Zeddemore is going to be in this

I haven't watched it yet, how important is watching it in preparation for S3?

It brings a few new elements to the table and is overall an incredible film.

Cooper, any other answer is wrong.

Wild-card Leland or Harry even though both present problems, Leland because obvious reasons, and Harry because I heard he retired from acting.

uh, required

Lots, David said so.

essential

I've only watched it once but it was easily a lower tier Lynch film for me. Maybe I'll give it a rewatch.

I recently made this in anticipation. It was fun to make

Doubt it's that important but it'll give you a more well-rounded sense of the world of Twin Peaks.

Jesus christ I can't believe we're actually going to see a proper ending to Twin Peaks. When it was announced it was just whatever but now that it's so close to reality I'm really fucking excited

watch the Q2 edit, its the essential version

doesn't look bad, but could use a bit of smoothing and a higher-res background

>one of the weakest episodes over the entire series
WRONG.

It's the fifth time I'm watching the show but I don't think I have time to watch the whole thing before Sunday.
The last episode I watched was 9 from Season 2, so the "last good episode".
I will probably watch the last episode of the second season, FWWM and The Missing Pieces this weekend.
And maybe I'll rewatch the rest of the second season while waiting for new episodes of the third one.

Watch the actual movie instead of some autistic fanedit than Lynch had nothing to do with.

no it isn't, watch the theatrical cut

You don't even need to watch the first two seasons as long as you've watched FWWM

Yeah I'm trying to improve cutting in Photoshop. Any advice?

It's a film you need to watch at least twice.

It's essential. It makes the Leland/BOB thing far more ambiguous and also makes MIKE's role clearer, among other things.

All.

is the "james fixes a dude's car for 10 episodes" plot important to season 3

I like this part.

Annie, are you okay?

If it is then season 2 will be redeemed and will ascend into kino haven.

definitely use the lasso-tool for cutting. Also blur the red-room floor at the bottom a bit so the aliasing doesn't show

no offense, but you ever had yourself checked for Tourette's?

i did and its inferior, the fanedit was Lynch's original vision for the film before it had to be significantly cut for theaters

One thing I never understood
>pretend Twin Peaks is a small town
>population 51k
That's a small city

I usually use it but eventually I started using the eraser with soft edges so it's a little bit more comfy to cut corners. It might be that I'm using the CS3 edition too

ABC requested a higher population so they added a digit, but Lynch and Frost wrote the town as a small town.

Lynch had final cut on FWWM like he has on all of his films since Dune. He made the cuts because he wanted to make the cuts, no one forced him. They were good cuts, very few of those scenes added anything to the story that was about Laura. The Missing Pieces should be watched separately, like was intended when they were released.

Dear Lord! That's worse than I thought.

Don't see that as being essential. Only seen it once though so maybe my opinion will change when I see it again.

It's been explained away since as a typo on the sign.

All I'm saying is that the extra scenes added in context round the film out more and are almost all legitimately great scenes, the best being Laura's talk with Donna's Father, and the extra Phillip Jeffries scenes.The only ones that could have been cut were the police station station scenes

Lynch has literally said its essential to the new series.

Are you okay Annie?

Considering the ending of the show, the BOB possession thing being different in FWWM makes a whole fucking world of difference.

>Donna's """"""""""""""""""""Father""""""""""""""""""""

The Missing Pieces are great, and they should be watched. Separately, the way Lynch intended. Watching a version of a David Lynch movie that Lynch had no input on editing is actually retarded.

> clearly a small town, no you should increase the population by a factor of 10

Does a network ever make any suggestions that aren't pants on head retarded?

Holy fuck that's gay. Do you tip ye olde fedora to those that get the ring's significance.

I think a bunch of normies have been watching Twin Peaks so they can watch season three, the Netflix score has gone down.

We both made these same exact posts yesterday

that barely looks like the owl cave ring. clearly not carved from a formica table.

Because he was nice to her before they got married, and he had a cool car.

Millennial trash ruin everything. I knew this would happen after Kyle's appearance on Fallon. There's now an entire generation of morons that weren't even alive when the show debuted.

I'm upset he'll be in the new season.

no I just use it to exhance the fingerblasting of your mom

To be honest, I think ABC forcing Lynch and Frost to reveal who the killer is did more good than harm in the long run. First it gave us Ray Wise's incredible performance, then Maddy's murder scene which is insanely disturbing even nowadays (that scratching record sound adds so much to the scene) and then on a broader scale it allowed Lynch to explore the whole domestic abuse/incest rape angle in FWWM that couldn't have been really touched upon in the show, I think.

Imagine you vomiting all the while. Not because she's a fat pig, but because you're a huge faggot.

IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

I'm still mad about how the Jean Renault storyline ended.

>Q: What television do you like then?

>Lynch: I really liked Mad Men, and I liked Breaking Bad. I also like [the TV network] Velocity. It's about customizing and restoring cars, and it's really fascinating to me. There are real artists out there with automobiles doing incredible, incredible work. Sculpture. It's beautiful.

Mad Men is DL's favorite show. Always knew he was a true patrician.

Which of the actors are dead irl now?

I agree with that, Lynch's original plan to never reveal the killer would have been nearly as bad as the audience fuckery that went on with Lost. ABC's entire marketing was based around "Who killed Laura Palmer?" To not ever address that would have infuriated people. Hell that's why FWWM was so hated, people wanted answers and they still didn't get them. If Lynch does this third season and still doesn't resolve anything people are going to be furious all over again.

I will miss Bob