How did 6 men destroy all the supplies and food stores for an army of 3000 people?

how did 6 men destroy all the supplies and food stores for an army of 3000 people?

how did Stannis' scouts not see a cavalry of 5000+ coming across an open field?

what was the point of sacrificing shireen if he gained nothing for it?

this whole thing makes no goddamn sense

Other urls found in this thread:

moviepilot.com/p/game-of-thrones-season-7-entire-plot-spoiler-leak-reddit/4132872
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody gives a fuck about Game of Reddit. Stay in your containment general.

no

>my favorite show became trash after it got popular on reddit and facebook
woooow, how surprising

How did the Boltons summon such a large force of cavalry? The north was very recently in a war and was depleted of manpower and resources. In fact, they probably weren't able to field that many horses even before the war.
Fucking dabid

Boltons kept their force intact during Riverlands

they convinced the mercenaries to switch up on stannis, this should be obvious

Okay, but that still doesn't change the likely fact that nobody in the north could've ever fielded such a formidable forces at any recent point.

It's almost like the writers are making dumb shit up now that they're out of GRRM material

How is Caloreesi gonna bring 90000 horses on a three week trip past Valyria, Volantis, Lys and the Stepstones?
Even with all fleets in westeros she couldn't even rule a city of sheep.
Fuck this show watch it in a foreign language drunk and youll enjoy it way more

no one wanted to see some irrelevant character like stannis take winterfell instead of jon.

The normie hoards hated him, so DnD killed him off. One less character eating up screen time.

How long do these guys keep their levies off their own farms?
I thought GRR was all about taxes and shit.

>my favorite show became trash after it got popular on reddit and facebook
He'd have hated it since about mid 1st season then.

>this whole thing makes no goddamn sense

Congratulations. You've just realized the entire point of the series. A bunch of people doing stupid shit and killing each other over nothing. A bunch of people wasting their time when a bunch of snow zombies are coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing ends with everyone dead and a lone penguin standing there in the snow asking why.

Stannis gained nothing from sacrificing Shireen, but it meant that the storm that was taking hold lifted and lifted long enough for Jon Snow, the true chosen one, to retake Winterfell. Stannis was a pawn of the Red God.

Remember when a major plot in season 5 was that the Boltons were the most unpopular House in the North for betraying the Starks, and that there were people within Winterfell who were plotting to take the castle back?

Then when season 6 comes, those people disappear, and Ramsay has amassed a giant army despite having no Sansa to unite the North, outing himself as a kinslayer by killing Roose, and the public knowledge that he's a crazy rapist who feeds people to dogs.

And then it turns out the Karstark guy is a pedophile. Just so the writers can make sure that the Boltons are meant to be the bad guys.

6 men sneaked into a camp and convinced numerous groups of Sell Swords to switch sides and burn all of Stannis supplies. No one was alerted to this, no infighting ensued, none of the Sell Swords thought to question the idea of burning their supplies instead of just fleeing with them since winter was already upon them and marching back to sea would be costly.

Amazing.

>stannis fanboys still crying
ROFLMAO

The entire host Robb marches south with during the war only has 4,000 cavalry. The North isn't known for having an amazing mounted army.

Why didn't stannis have scouts 20 miles ahead of him? How did the boltons expect to feed that many war horses through winter?

I thought Stannis sucked, but the way he went out was bullshit. He's supposed to be so rational minded that it freaks out supporters of other Lords, yet he never realized that burning his daughter in front of his army would lead a majority of them to bail?

I thought it was 20 good men.

Why can't Hollywood show a realistic battle with tactics that aren't fucking retarded

Yeah, wtf happened with the whole "The North Remembers"

The whole point of that was that the Boltons never had a firm grip on the North and every house was loyal to the Starks and was only bidding their time to betray the Boltons. Yet somehow during season six the only one willing to support Jon and Sansa was a fucking little girl in the middle of nowhere. In the books almost every Northern house flocked to Stannis after they heard of his invasion.

Great job Dabid and Dan.

it was, 6, 20, it really doesn't matter. Destroying a military camp and getting away without losses is p.difficult which is why during the middle ages there were mercenary bands that specialized as raiders, they were generally mounted bands that would lightning strike camps with brazen force and do as much damage in as little time as possible before fleeing back into allied castles or forts.

Sending 20 guys to decimate an armies' supply is some pretty wishful thinking.

>Congratulations. You've just realized the entire point of the series. A bunch of people doing stupid shit and killing each other over nothing.

so the point was to be realistic?

>A sacrifice will prove our faith still burns true, Sire,” Clayton Suggs had told the king. And Godry the Giantslayer said, “The old gods of the north have sent this storm upon us. Only R’hllor can end it. We must give him an unbeliever.”
“Half my army is made up of unbelievers,” Stannis had replied. “I will have no burnings. Pray harder.”

>"It may be that we shall lose this battle," the king said grimly. "In Braavos you may hear that I am dead. It may even be true. You shall find my sellswords nonetheless." The knight hesitated. "Your Grace, if you are dead - " " - you will avenge my death,and seat my daughter on the Iron Throne. Or die in the attempt."

To... "let's burn my only heir and possibly the last Baratheon so I can disperse this little snow"

it really did though in this case

I dunno, why did the show runners decide to have Brienne make a decision between honouring her oath to Cat and avenging Renly only for her to be able to do both anyway?

by not making any sense plot wise and having characters act in the interest of the plot the show is being bold and realistic.

People don't have reasons for doing things, people do crazy shit all the time without and reasoning. We fight wars all the time and kill people just because, we never have any idea why we're fighting them, we just do it. It's amazing that so many people try and come up with complicated reasons for why people act the way they do, it's just human nature to be "irrational".

>Jon, despite your sister being one of the last living Starks, and how Ramsay's a kinslaying rapist who has made life throughout the the North shittier, I just can't decide to support either of you.

but where was the Starks when my family was killed at the Red Wedding by the Boltons? I'd rather have the Boltons as my Liege Lords, at least they didn't lead my family to the slaughter.

>it's just human nature
There's a difference between doing crazy shit and burning your daughter alive because a witch told you to.

The Starks got killed themselves, nobody blamed them for what happened. Killing guests during medieval times was something unheard of, the most despicable act someone can do.

yo bra, looks mighty sarcastic to me.

> The North remembers
> The Dornish master plot
> Survival of Aegon

What else did I Dabid & Den miss?

what would you do in stannis' situation?

I bet, no, I know they will forget that the Lannisters have no fucking money anymore. Cersei's gonna have a giant army out of nowhere to challenge everybody, even though their forces should be still drained from the War of the Five Kings.

They're also gonna forget that the King's Landing civilians liked the Faith, and should probably be pissed off at Cersei for blowing up their church and killing most of the Faith Militant.

>Stannis' character assassination.
>Jon Snow murder at the hands of the Watch (it was nonsensical in the show. In the books Jon was pretty much like Julius Caesar, albeit incompetent - abusing his powers, failing in his missions, wanting to go to war with the North so he can save Arya (the whole point of the Watch was to defend the Kingdoms, not fight them). So they pretty much had a good reason to kill him, and it wasn't something that was planned, it happened spontaneously
>Tyrion being the goody-two-shoes with zero complexity unlike the books
>Jamie continues to be an asshole and in love with his sister... for some reason, thereby making his redemption arc absolutely shit.
>Cersei somehow claiming the throne
>Sansa the military expert
>The Iron Islands
>The Tyrell plot
>ridiculous origin of the Walkers.

I think that's all I can think of. There's certainly more, Dabid and Dan certainly couldn't ruin the show better if they tried.

not come out of the woods?

I mean, if I had to fight on an open field against a shit load of horses you might as well form a box with your men.

your only chance is a V shape formation basically forming two flanks that meet in the middle twards the enemy, even then you only have a 10% chance of holding them off and thats only if every last one of your men digs in to fight you are pretty much boned

Eternal fpbp.

Not kill my daughter, and instead recruit Northern houses who know how to fight in the snow to bolster my forces?

>what was the point of sacrificing shireen if he gained nothing for it?

What? He burned her and the blizzard subsided. Did you even watch the episode in question?

>doubled in viewers twice after S2 and s3

The power of faggy jew writing

> a v shape

holy fuck no.

That's a terrible fucking idea. Armored foot soldiers who fought against cavalry almost always formed into thick box formations or large squares so that if the cav charged it would either get repelled or push through the box and be stranded.

Forcing yourself into a V makes you army easier to break.

blob and kill

D&D are gonna concoct some retarded excuse for why a combined Martell/Tyrell/Targaryen/Greyjoy army can't rush into King's Landing and kill everybody there. And we're gonna get yet another season of Cersei being a stupid, crazy bitch until Jaime finally mans up and stabs her.

Stannis doesn't even have any formation going on. Wtf?

About the "20 good men", I actually watched that quote in an old movie about war times.

I should check again from which it was, but I think George stole it from there.

I don't expect Zhuge Liang or LOGH-level strategic battles in my Game of Thrones, but they could at least try.

>I think George
The phrase 20 good men is a show only invention.

>I should check again from which it was, but I think George stole it from there.
>George stole it from there.

What? There were no 20 good men in the books.

How badly should I read the books rather than just all the Wikis?

Ok I remembered, It was from Prince Valiant movie based in Arthur's myth.

"Then they armed twenty good. men, and came out and assailed sir Gareth"

George is a hack.

could someone post all the NAILED IT! Dabid pics ffs. GoT isn't really top tier material but jfc Dabid's writing is literally shit dribbled in piss tier

uh, what?

that's the proper way to deal with horses my dude. A V formation would just fucking get shattered by applying force to the mid section or moving around the massively open back side.

Ok, then D&D stole it, sorry.

>LOGH-level
kek

Very. The first 3 books are god-tier. The last two are still good, but there's too much filler. Still, even then the last two books are twice as good as the show. After reading them you'll be even more baffled about what Dabid and Dan did in the show - all they had to follow the source material and everything would have been fine.

Show started to fall apart around season 4. I'm pretty worried that the last two seasons are going to be complete abominations.

Read the leaks for season 7. Then you won't be worried anymore because it's 100% confirmed it's a complete abomination

Links? Can't be worse than season 5 and 6. The only episode from season 5 I considered good was "Hardhome" and season 6 didn't have any episode which I was impressed with.

moviepilot.com/p/game-of-thrones-season-7-entire-plot-spoiler-leak-reddit/4132872

Thanks.

Yeah, it's really weird how they got the books so completely wrong.

For example the only fun thing about Cersei chapters was how completely insane and stupid she was yet D&D tries to make her into a STRONK WOMYN.

Here's the dumb reasons for all of those issues

>They had to get Stannis out of the way so Jon Snow could liberate the north instead of Stannis
>Main characters with less than spotless record scares audiences
>ditto
>Got to continue to draw in the incest crowd
>girl power
>GIRL POWER!
>They only have one and a half season left and don't have room for the guy being built up as the biggest baddest guy yet in the books
>The Tyrells had to be hit with the stupid stick a few times to make Cersei look competent
>Likely the reason for why the next book is taking so long to finish, got to think of something a little less anti climatic

No matter how bad the show is, at least it's actually continuing and progressing, unlike a certain book series.

TWOW must be close to finished.
He announced it to be released this year (again)

Oh no man, don't get me wrong, I understand perfectly why they did all that they did - the show was too complicated for the normies and it needed to be come black and white, darkness vs light, evil vs good, no time for a complex story. Also, it needed more diversity and less controversial moments. However that doesn't excuse them in any way. What made GOT good was the complexity of it, the fact that the characters felt human, the world felt real, yada yada. Now they're just making it into another copy-pasted version of LOTR. And as much as I like LOTR, Game of Thrones is entirely different and shouldn't go down that route.

Fuck off, is Jon going to do anything ever?

>He announced it to be released this year
No he did not. He said he THINKS he can finish it this year. And if you believe anything Gurm says about how quickly he THINKS he can finish something by now I don't know what to tell you.

At this rate the last book will be done by the year 2030+

>how did 6 men destroy all the supplies and food stores for an army of 3000 people?
bad writing

>how did Stannis' scouts not see a cavalry of 5000+ coming across an open field?

More bad writing

>what was the point of sacrificing shireen if he gained nothing for it?

Because in spite of their attempts to make him unpopular he was still a popular character (mostly because of book stannis fans convincing show watchers to cheer for him). So they did something that they knew would make him a villain in the eyes of the audience.

So yet again it's because of bad writing.

2017 is the year of The Winds of Winter

realistic is somewhere around 2033

This is actually pretty accurate.

>why did two Jews want it to look like having honor and faith in a higher power is pointless and only leads to failure
really makes you think doesn't it

>Faith of the Seven in the books were an uprising of downtrodden folk who believe that religion will overcome evil
>Faith of the Seven in the show are a bunch of crazy fundies who arrest people for being gay.

It's funny because they could have renewed the hatred for cercei but they decided to do the dumbest thing they possibly could.

Hizdahr got a bad deal
>city conquered by crazy white haired woman and her dragons
>father killed by Dany even though he was against slavery too
>has to beg her to properly bury said father
>just wants to practice ancient traditions
>gets tortured because Dany thinks he's a Harpy
>forced to marry her
>gets taunted and treated like shit by all of Dany's friends
>ends up getting killed by the Harpies
>is completely unmourned even though it turns out he was innocent of any wrongdoing Dany accused him of

They don't want any hatred for Cersei though, Cersei is a strong womyn who needs no man that can rule from the Iron Throne with her... non-existent claim? Perhaps being a woman is enough.

the witch told him it would melt the snow, and it did

but they didn't count on it causing half of his already crippled men to desert him because they didn't want to follow a deranged kinslayer anymore

She's literally the worst person in the books.

Evil, incompetent, and stupid.

Even Victarion is at least competent at what he does.
And Dany has an excuse as a teenager raised in isolation.

the boltons were large and probably the only real power in the north next to the starks,

they maintained their own forces numbers via tactical planning by roose bolton

further on using blackmail via hostage taking and bribery he holds the allegiance of several other houses who are aiding the boltons militarily

remember the north pre war could easily field an army larger than the other kingdoms combined over 10,000 normally, so being able to amass a smaller force post war isn't a large number by northern standards.

stayed in the woods and used archer fire to pick at the enemy,

kept the ranks open to allow the cavalry to charge right through and get cut off and cut down

this wouldve resulted in a retreat as it would be impossible for the cav to defeat my forces in this situation

once they fully retreat I would send ravens out telling the more stark loyal hosues that winterfell is besieged by my forces and for them to immediately send forces to aid in the siege to end the bolton regime (obviouslly a bluff but hopefully theyd listen and send forces allowing for an actual siege to take place)

id then begin my siege and starve out the boltons

>if in the picture situation

try to organise a quick Vshape and slowly fight and retreat towards the trees,

pretty dire and low chance of success

STANNIS LIVES

HOYPPPPPPPPPPP

He's gonna bang his aunt

I just want to comment on op pic.
That scene was made in total war, or at least with help of creative assembly