So we all agree he should play Geralt, right?

So we all agree he should play Geralt, right?

he should play Napoleon

Mads' voice is wonky in a different way from Geralt's wonky voice. Old Geralt model was obviously based on Jeremy Irons.

got a fucked up gravel voice too

Anson Mount would be good too

>short neck
>narrow shoulders

he's a manlet ain't he

6′ 1″. Almost a manlet.

His head's just that big then?

yep

Yeah, have you ever seen Hell on Wheels? His head is distractingly large.

this guy is the best i've seen appearance wise

you are all wrong

the guy from the Vvitch, and his voice, must be geralt. I have only beaten the prologue of 2 and I know this.

>Not a slav
>Unsuitable voice
>Probably too old
I like Mads, but I don't get this meme

Does he have the best cheekbones in the business?

I think you're overlooking idris elba

Yes

ITT: Sup Forums once again casts on looks rather than acting ability and charisma

never change retards

this triggers me

I already hated the book but somehow the movie managed to be even more boring.

but mads is a talented and charismatic actor

yes

Nah bugger off Mads is kino.

He works well with young actors too, you can easily picture him in the Ciri training scene from the game. He also has that seductive charisma you need to work with a group of women.

I am 6'2'' but look short in pictures because I have wide shoulders and a big head

Jesus Christ that bone structure

6'2" is nothing to be proud of. You're basically the king of manlets

impeccable

trips for truth, that dane was truly blessed by the gods

He would honestly make THE perfect vampire for a VTM: White Wolf series.

A E S T H I C

He hasn't got the voice for it

Honestly I'm sure he could do a monotone David Hayter-lite interpretation of it and it'd sound fine.

Why are people hyped for this? Source material is shit for the most part past the short stories.

Sapkowski isn't that bad, people should be more concerned about Netflix being the showrunner and all of the invclusive and diverse castings we're sure to receive.

Too old

I'm pretty sure geralt's over 100 years old man

He looks around 30

Cast him

It gets a bit stale when the story gets recycled but I imagine they would change that up to make it more suited for TV.
That is a concern.

I'd say in his early 40s desu

Jonah Hill

W3 is fanfiction

Why not Aidan Gillen?

lmao

he looks JUST like geralt from the video game. it's uncanny. looks-wise i think he takes it but i dont know about his acting. i havent seen hell on wheels.
for acting i would go with viggo mortensen or mads mikkelson

>honorable mentions
nickolaj coster waldau (jaime lannister) would be good as well as high jackman
well the closest thing to a rivian accent is american if we're going from the games. doing an american accent shouldnt be that hard.

But it literally is

Isn't the netflix series based on the books? It needs a young Geralt in that case.

As much as I don't like to admit it, Huge Actman will fill the role pretty well

too old. he would make a great vesemir though

No. Geralt speaks coherently. Mads does not.

Hammcock

>TheWitcher series is being turned into an English language Netflix drama by CG visual effects company Platige Image S.A
>by CG visual effects company Platige Image S.A
>CG visual effects company
Dead on arrival. Screencap this post.

Got your geralt right here

I swear to god if this show is fully CG I will flip my shit.

This. He can pull off a great mix of charming/menacing as well.

Geralt isn't charming at all though

Josh Hollaway (Sawyer from Lost) literally has the perfect look for Geralt.

I could see this.

Not sure how decent of an actor he is though, I've only seen him in Lost

>t. Josh Holloway

the way he talks though

Anson Mount for sure

Underrated Actor and could use a breakout role

Yes.

I want this.

I liked Mads before. I am gay for him now.

The guy is a total cunt in real life. My brother worked with him for years on Hell on Wheels.

It's stuff like this that makes me all too. I think it's Mads' brain I'm gay for.

Geralts already 100ish years old, I doubt the books take place that much earlier.

Anson would be great on paper for the kind of quiet, gruff badass thing, BUT I've only seen him in HoW, so I don't know if he has the range to BE Geralt vs being Anson Mount dressed as Geralt. Kinda Clint Eastwood Syndrome.

Mads could pull it off no problem, but it would be something a bit different than what we're used to, for better or for worse.

McGowan, I think, is probably a little too villainous. Don't feel like he'd be able to establish the simpatico we'd need for Geralt.

He's got it imo.
Mads is a more of a movie guy. Yeah he had Hannibal but that was a special condition in that he was the star and it was almost destined for him.
This guy is purely tv.

We all agree he should play Roland of Gilead, right?

Get him literally any role possible, a Viggo spot means that's one less spot for a diversity casting a la classic Netflix

REEEEE IDRIS ISN'T THAT GOOD OF AN ACTOR

Games take place not long after the books end. Like a year. First and second games take place within 12 months

>best Geralt stepping in

idris is fine, viggo just would've been better

are you 15?

What if he doesn't want to? It always annoys me when you guys say this, almost like you're DEMANDING they play your video game characters

giv ciri gf

if this dude doesn't at least SHOW UP in the show in some way, i don't even fucking understand.

we need this nigga, ian mcshane to show up as Vesemir or some shit

now all we need is an eskell, lambert, and triss and we're off to a good start

shwegin should be in everything in some capacity

He is also one of the more fit actors over 40.

>could use a breakout role
He is "Blackbolt" in the upcoming marvel Inhumans series.

no

Back off froggy, she's mine.

>mads and irons
>no acting ability
fuck off you plebian sub-human scum

His face reminds me of Jim Caviezel, though hed have to work on his voice

I think Josh Halloway could pull it off pretty well. He's got the look and his minimally expressive act would fit Gerald well. His voice is bass enough that if he added a little rasp or growl, it'd sound pretty close to video game Geralt. I think Nikolaj Coster Waldau could also be competent in the role.

Kate Beckinsale as Yen
Katherine Namare as Triss
As much as I hate the guy, I think Aziz Ansari could make a really good Dandelion.
Imogen Poots for Ciri
Jude Law as Foltest
Big Guy as Letho
No idea who I'd go with for Vesemir. I think Liam Neeson could be good at it but his over saturation of roles would be immersion breaking for me.
Brian Cox as Henselt
Zoltan would be tough to cast, no idea who I'd go with
That disgusting little Gremlin Adam Sessler could play Dethmold
Orlando Bloom as that Nilfgaardian general Moorvan or whatever

Gimme some feedback, ideas, whatever, or just tell me to kill myself. Any (you) will do.

WE WUZ PAGANZ AN SHEIT. DA EBIL CHRISTIANS RUINS AR LARPS.

>Its a big job
for you

> hey baby how did you enjoy last night? ;)
> it was fine

>Aziz Ansar

he's probably the right type of irritating but don't buy him as a successful womaniser

Katherine McNamara? I could maybe see her as Triss. I know she's younger than Yen but is it supposed that big of an age gap?

Kek'd at Sessler. You're right though he's got the weasel face and the hunched shoulders and his slimy personality would be perfect.

I agree that Aziz would be able to pull off the womanizer aspect in an aggressive or suave way but I don't really feel like that's Dandelion's way either. He kind of disarms women by showing how sensitive and in touch with them they are which I think he could do. He'd have to tone down his annoying voice and speak a little more velvety, but I think he could make it work.

Yeah, Katherine McNamara. Untermensch phone poster reporting in and my goddamn auto correct blew my cover

>You're a big ghoul

plss

Would *NOT* be able to pull off the aggressive womanizing. Fucking phone. I need to get my laptop fixed.

I'm a fan of Geralt as much as you all but I think a more diverse choice of actor would really help develop his character.

>brian cox as henselt

THIS

He's too naturally slimy to be a roughly endearing gruff anti hero like Gerald. Even One-Eye came off as such.

They better not make a fucking movie
Fuck that shit and fuck everyone pushing for it

Kill your motherfucking self, my main man. Kill yourself.