>nigger woman
no

> black female lead

Not watching

this is you

fat, lonely, an outcast of society

jfl at your pitiful existence

The problem is , this is gonna be Cisbusters 2.0

All the hate on STD will be blamed on racist sexists, and if you dont watch it youre a Nazi

and not acknowledging people hate it because

>Those "Klingons"
>Lens Flares
>Yet another prequel
>Ruining Sarek
>Is just an action show and has none of the depth that TNG or DS9 had

>literally no whites

Do these retards realize the star trek nerd fanbase is made up almost entirely of white dudes?

Where do you think you are? This is Sup Forums, not Sup Forums, and we don't put up with this sort of racist division here. Get the fuck out.

And this is you

I believe you're looking for Tumblr.

>thread already hijacked

When I think of Star Trek my first thought "is white supremacy" too!

> Watch the trailer
> Black female main character
> JJverse
> Tech is way beyond even what the USS Relativity had in the 27th century

DROPPED before it even started

>This video is not available.

Rainn Wilson is in it, but that's probably it

Holy shit, it must have SUCKED. Had almost 30% dislikes too.

Holy fuck that acting is horrible.

Also working link: youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

Women took over Star Wars and now they're taking Star Trek too... :(

It has bigger problems.

>show first episode on television
>the remaining episodes are only on CBS' proprietary streaming service

Nobody is going to sign up for that shit. Its going to get torrented to hell and back and they'll get no ad revenue. It will fail.

>the most beta white dude they could find

Of course.

>the cast has to be exactly my genetic makeup or else I can't be invested

How can you invest in anything animated since you're 3dpd?

>"Computer, enable igniter."
>black lady speeds off into space in astronaut suit
I lost my fucking shit so hard.

Cishet white male Jason Isaacs is the captain of the USS Discovery.

The ship in the trailer is the USS Shenzhou. I expect that most of the people on it will die before the narrative transfers over to the Discovery.

I'm not American so I can watch it on Netflix.

But I'm just gonna pirate it.

Why weren't they advertising this as having such a large budget sooner? I just mean that earlier teaser with the ship looked like SHIT. This trailer looks visually really good... I did read months ago this has a 6 million dollar plus budget per episode which shocked me. Isn't that what game of thrones season 1 had?

In any case as a true Trek fan this does not look like it will appeal to me at all. Like a previous user said its just JJverse Trek as a tv series no doubt with explicit forced PC and social justice issues.

We know you're reading this.

We're not accepting this sort of garbage anymore. Not one red cent.

This looks like shit

Last time a nigger led the show it turned out great by the way.

That trailer made me feel nothing. It wasn't bad, wasn't good. It was just there and I'll forget it about it within the hour.

Not a good sign.

It's the fact they they intentionally cast Asians and blacks to replace the white-dominated casts of the previous series that I find disgusting. It's not a meritocracy. Everyone knows there's isn't a black woman on this planet that could fill the role of a commander officer of a starship better than a plethora of white dudes.

>be literally Star Trek
>rip of your video game rip offs because you're too embarrassed by 60s colours

he was a black man, not a nigger
there's a difference.

>comparing men to women
>of any race

Oh sweetie

Not surprising hasnt been a good popular star trek tv series in a very long time, need to stick with JJ movies. People don't want over complicated shows these days, and on a network like CBS it has gotta appeal to the masses

I hope the alien guy that is made to have bad feelings about things survives at least

This time they put a nigger woman for the sake of putting a nigger woman. Because, you know, it's .

I'm not watching anyway, so I don't give a fuck.

Pardon?

>design a Xindi
>call it a Klingon
Why?

We wuz star fleetz an sheeit

because CBS doesn't care about lore.

>space

no ty

wait.....that's supposed to be a klingon?

Yeah, it won't last long.

>WE WUZ VULCANS AND SHIT

At there's still Doctor Who...

Costume pisses me off more than anything

she's kinda cute but putting it on CBS All Access is going to instakill this show

It looks like it belongs on the syfy channel in the year 2004.

kys

Other than the JJ Klingons this looks nothing like Abrahms Trek.

Why are they wearing Enterprise-style uniforms?

Because it takes place between Enterprise and TOS.

Why. This just feels all kinds of wrong.

I agree with you on all points except the Cisbusters one. Idk where people keep getting the idea that the show is gonna be some sort white man mandanar.

Will probably turn out low tier, but due to writing, not MUH SJWs

This doesn't look comfy at all. Trek is meant to be comfy.

>blue lighting
>dutch angles
>lens flares out the ass

Oh, not at all

>TNG Klingons: Battleharden space warriors who fight with honor
>Discovery Klingons: Chocolate lizards men

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

GOD I hope this bombs hard, JJverse Trek FUCKING DIES and then in 10 years we can get a proper Trek (and it's probably going to get even more SJW). Once the West collapses and the civil war is decided then maybe we'll have a proper Trek.

exactly.

the costumes and art designs are fucking awful for the klingons.

It's so simple too, this is something that even Enterprise got right.

It looks like a fucking video game or a fan film based on Abrams trek.

I'm more upset about this than I want to be. God damnit, why are they trying so hard to destroy trek?

>JJ Trek
>emphasis on lens flare and loud noises and ACTION

I know people don't make "talking" trailers anymore but at least fucking try

Star Trek is not an action centric show, it's a show about people and dilemmas that just so happens to be set in the future on a starship. But I guess that doesn't make money these days, although nobody's actually tried it in a while

>Lens Flares
Are mostly a CBS thing; the Netflix trailers have noticably less. Sorry Burgerbros.

>complaining about women and minorities
>in STAR TREK

My fucking sides.

The Augment Klingons were a stupid plot anyway.

I think he means that hatred for the show will be spun as "oh wow these bigots must hate the show because we have a proud PoC woman as the lead and not because it's trash, better get the New York Times to do an op-ed on it for free advertising bux"

Well no shit that's why there hasn't been any chance of a TV show in 12 years. No one cares anymore there is too much competition on tv.

So this female-led crew fucked up so bad that it led to two or three generations of only male leaders. Not just any male leaders but one James T Kirk a sex addict.

>people are defending this change by claiming that Discovery "doesn't need to be held back by budget makeup anymore"
>it manages to look even worse than the budget shit back in the TOS movies and early TNG

So a black woman started the war with the Klingons? WAY TO GO JJ

>All the hate on STD will be blamed on racist sexists
Tell the people complaining about her race to stop complaining about her race.
Tell the people complaining about her sex to stop complaining about her sex.

The show's creators will never get around to having an honest look at the show's real problems as long as the racists and sexists are the ones who send in the most complaints.

then why did they just blow a GoT-tier budget on a webseries

why play it safe? why not try something new for a change

I find it hard to put it into words, but I feel there should be more warm colouring in the design of the ship, you know? Everything looks so sterile and cold, it feels like a hellish environment to work in. I'm not asking them to go TNG-tier (tho that had the coziest bridge), but fuck, add some softness or colouring to offset the sterility.

It's literally only 10 years before TOS. That was right around the time Spock was serving under Pike during the pilot episode, and they were all in TOS uniforms then.

But now we have a child Spock being racisted against.

Looks alright, but I have doubts about the strength of the captain

She kind of looks frail and is not a super stong actor, but then again, neither was Sisco

Decent production value though, probably will still watch

This shit looks so bad they put it on CBS all access which is pretty much online only, not even good enough for a timeslot on any other day.

This isn't the USS Discovery
Captain Yeoh is a "guest star" meaning she dies
Discovery has a white man as captain

You think they're actually writing to paramount studios or something you fucking spaz

>tfw it's basically Africa in space

Michelle Yeoh? She's going to die in the first two episodes. The captain for the rest of the series will be Jason Isaacs.

pretty sure that's doug jones so he better fucking live

Mass Effect?

Paramount isn't making this.

Your posting privileges are hereby revoked.

This is my biggest complaint. It looks like a watered down version of the JJ films, worse because it has a lower budget. The lens flares and lack of colors is probably the reason why.

Why is the aesthetic ripped right out of ENT and JJverse??? Why couldn't they take a risk and be a bit inspired by TOS? People would love it because it would actually appear NEW and INTERESTING. For example why do they have nearly the same uniforms as ENT? Why couldn't they have gone the different colored shirts route like TOS?

>cast all these diverse cast members
>captain is still a white guy
So why is Sup Forums mad?

>Not just any male leaders but one James T Kirk a sex addict

"I have never actually watched Star Trek": The Post

But they're spending so much money on it.

>ship's gonna get blown up in the first episode
>she's gonna escape via escape pod

If they re-use footage from the first JJ movie I'm gonna freak

because Sup Forums is always bad about something for ridiculous reasons

TNG looked pretty sterile for a show of that time.
Before Apple design memes ruined scifi design.

I hope this fails to teach Hollywoodca lesson about forced diversity.

Sup Forums was always going to be mad no matter what they showed us. We no longer know how to be anything else.

For the sake of Trek this fucking SJW shit needs to FAIL

lol nigger faggot gtfo

When in production did they decide it was a good idea to pivot from space mongolians costume design to.... whatever the fuck this is?

looks like a the costume of a low-budget fantasy villain.

>SJW's get tirggred
>thread hijacked
All you had to do is walk away, but you had to let everyone know your sensitive millennia snowflake ass got triggered.

This. If anyone is a horndog in TOS it is McCoy. Kirk is in love with his ship.

This looks like something the Chinese would come up with if they were trying to shoot their own knock-off version of Trek

CBS has been the biggest network station for like 10 years they can print their own money if they wanted, they really don't care.

Because, glorious white Captain aside, they're still fucking up the Klinks and doing some stupid retread of the whole half-Vulcan heritage problems thing.