What is the best rendition of Lucifer in a movie and why is it good old Viggo?

What is the best rendition of Lucifer in a movie and why is it good old Viggo?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=js37MXwGULY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because Viggo is king.

Rodney Daingerfield

dave grohl wore it better

>implying

I know you care about him. I've never seen you like this about anyone, so please don't get me wrong when I tell you that Tom, while being a very nice guy, is the Devil. He will be attractive! He'll be nice and helpful. He'll get a job where he influences a great God-fearing nation. He'll never do an evil thing! He'll never deliberately hurt a living thing... he will just bit by little bit lower our standards where they are important. Just a tiny little bit. Just coax along flash over substance. Just a tiny little bit. And he'll talk about all of us really being salesmen. And he'll get all the great women.

I really liked Tom Waits in Imaginarium.

The Prophecy is such a fantastic movie
Shame the sequels were so bad
Viggo really was incredible
So was Walken.

Be forewarned, this is a really good movie and the scene will spoil things for you.

youtube.com/watch?v=js37MXwGULY

Has a non-white ever been cast as the devil? I know it's the custom for God to always be played by a black male, but what about the devil?

LOOK INTO MY EYES AND ITS EASY TO SEE ONE AND ONE MAKE TWO, TWO AND ONE MAKE THREE, IT WAS DESTINY

she wasnt satan

they were summoning satan by opening the 9th gate

she was either a demon, or a fallen angel

Judging by that symbolism, she was probably supposed be the Whore of Babylon.

old scratch in crossroads

The devil has to seem smart, and like an angel of light. An elitist / aristocratic.

It's similar to why villains are usually cast as these decadent, aristocratic super-white blonde mother's boys. It suggests refinement and power but also the average person's imaginary impression of what a pampered elite would look like. Who looks more elite and rarefied than some pretty, aristocratic blonde man?

*aristocrat

Ray Wise

Mehdi Ouazzani (moroccan?) in the Bible miniseries

Also, interestingly, in the West, especially America, rather, we tend to villainize pretty blonde men, as if their prettiness is suspect, but East Asians seem to revere and admire them as more of an ideal.

I can't believe I voted for Satan in 2008.

will smith played the devil in some crap-fest of movie that got buried

Am I just racist or does this guy actually make the most believable devil?

Yes yes, your Japanese animes are high art. You can go now.

King Nigger?

Rex Ingram in Cabin In The Sky

Clarence Williams III

Rosalinda Celentano in The Passion of the Christ

>When asked why he portrayed Satan—an androgynous, almost beautiful being played by Rosalinda Celentano—the way he did, Gibson replied: "I believe the Devil is real, but I don't believe he shows up too often with horns and smoke and a forked tail. The devil is smarter than that. Evil is alluring, attractive. It looks almost normal, almost good—but not quite.

>"That's what I tried to do with the Devil in the film. The actor's face is symmetric, beautiful in a certain sense, but not completely. For example, we shaved her eyebrows. Then we shot her almost in slow motion so you don't see her blink—that's not normal. We dubbed in a man's voice in Gethsemane even though the actor is a woman … That's what evil is about, taking something that's good and twisting it a little bit."

Sheeeit! I'd forgotten about that one.

The last couple "short stories" in that movie were surprisingly Sup Forums.

What about good old Al Pacino?
>look, but don't touch
>touch, but don't taste!
>taste! But don't swallow
>And while you're jumping from one foot to the next, he's laughing his sick fucking ass off!

Mate he gorged himself on the scenery in that movie, but I'll be damned if it didn't suit the fuck out of ol' morningstar.

>really good movie
Lol, it's a 4/10, user.
It was worth a watch for the style, but that was it.

>but like all true love, one day it withered on the vine

I love this scene so much

Bill Cosby in The Devil & Max Devlin

fucking this. can't get it out of my mind that the devil will look like Stormare when i see them and god will look like Morgan Freeman