Alien Covenant

It's wonderful.

Its not.

And I'm a unicorn

It's wonderfully faggoted, like you.

I saw the ending coming from a mile away.

Same. It didn't spoil the movie experience for me though. I still liked it.

I want to see all the alien and predator movies, which order should I watch the predator ones? Predator, predators, predator 2?

Release order.

I watched Prometheus at the cinema and I really enjoyed it. Do you think I'd enjoy Covenant? Trying to make up my mind if I should go see it or if it's better to just wait.

where the hell can i find a pirated version of it no search results yet what the hell

Release order. When it comes to the Alien films make sure you watch these versions:
>Alien - Theatrical
>Aliens - Special Edition
>Alien 3 - Assembly Cut

I'm not sure when it comes to the other films though.

it's derivative, formulaic and unimaginative
high school youtubers can do a better story

>throughout prometheus engineers, their origin, why they're doing what they did, many questions
>girl and android going to meet engineers to get answers to questions
>hyped to watch sequel to watch answers to questions
>sequel kills off engineers and becomes a montage of remakes of scenes from prev alien films they even copied her hair

I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

Yes, only bad part is that the ost og covenant is less rememerable than prometheus

It was a 5/10 and in reality is spot on........... fuck the hacks who wrote in this shit fest of lore rape. The new arc of a mad gay android crafting the aliens instead of engineers is shit and you should all feel like shit for accepting it

>lore rape
Do you like any alien movie after aliens? If you do you are the problem, so please kys

>sequel kills off engineers and becomes a montage of remakes of scenes from prev alien films they even copied her hair

Why do they feel the need to cram android shit into the story so hard? Even Alien had an issue with this imo. These aren't classic philosophical sci-fi novel adaptations, it's just horror/action sci-fi flicks.

Is it because of Fassbender? Trying to jam him into the story as much as possible, like Jennifer Lawrence in X-Men First Class?

If you're going to hire someone as expensive as Fassbender you'd want your money's worth.

>Big Hollywood movie, spend everything on cgi and other cool stuff.
>Only have enough money to get one good actor and the actor plays the android. Androidkino it is

no it's not, that and prometheus killed the alien mythos.

When the crew arrive on the space jockey's ship in alien, we see Giger's twisted mind, and it shouldn't be explained, the contrast between humans and this nightmarish organic/synthetic set around them gives us a feeling of something grand and unknown, it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.

Fucking Ridley just went full Lucas and did that.

"Well guys, you see those long legged elephants ? They're just giant guys, on stilts, with elephant masks lol"

Why were the xenomorphs even there? Felt so shoehorned in to a movie called Alien.
They're not even as deadly as the little white xenos. Stupid shit.

Don't go all witchcraft on poor Ridley, he's already suffering from dementia so severe- he thinks this shit is "art".

Whats the difference between the protomorph and the xenomorph? They both came from facehuggers right? and why davids hair grows?

that's a really poor anagoly because thats actually cool

Critics agree

If Prometheus could have been its own thing and just been a story about the androids and AI in the alien universe just without the Aliens they might have had something decent.

That's because of the 12835235 trailers and TV spots and FOX released.

It was still good though. Solid third best in the franchise after Alien and Aliens.

I just wish supposedly world class scientists would stop acting like fucking retards whenever it suits the plot

>cgi and other cool stuff.

Boy they really didn't spend big for CGI in some of those scenes.

Prometheus + Covenant put forward some interesting ideas and themes (like the marriage of Science and Religion, and how scientists of faith are viewed in the scientific community), but they're never explored and it just devolves into horror schlock instantly

that poster looks like a 12 year old has played with blender.

seems like shit.

im gonna pass

it was what? even 2/10 is over the top
was laughing out loud throughout the whole fucking movie
billy crudap scene was the one that got me most
and that fucking head floating in the water jesus fucking christ it's hilarious
the final twist oh man it was never seen before! anywhere! 10/10
also golden cgi and outstanding cinematography in most of the big action sequences where you ain't got any fucking idea of what's going on
almost forgot to mention the fantastic script, and some awesome self-references by ridley, the man's still got it!

I saw literally no trailer and predicted the whole movie verbatim. the mai problem of this movie is that it's so fucking predictable

are you blind? or autistic? or maybe both?

is it true that they only thing human DNA added to the earlier creature's body was a retarded mouth pepe?

It was well shot,
Cinematography was fantastic,
The sets looked great,
Some of the scenes were really cool,
The field at night where they are being stalked by the White aliens, i started to perk up.
Then went down again.
On the Cargo Elevator i started to perk up again. And then when they got onboard the ship and there was an unknown Lifeform,
Straight back down again.

>BASIC QUARANTINE PROTOCOLS
>FUCK ME LETS JUST STEP OUT ON THIS UNCHARTED PLANET,
>LEAVE THE PILOT ALONE WITH NO TRAINED GUARD,
>NO FACE/EYE MASK WITH INFECTED GUY,
>BLOW UP THE DROPSHIP CAUSE IM DUMB
>A HOODED FIGURE WITH A FLARE GUN WHO COULD IT BE?
>LETS ALL SEPARATE IN THIS UNKNOWN ALIEN CITY FULL OF DEAD THINGS
>I'M GOING TO GO WASH UP, ALONE, NEVERMIND THE DANGER
>I'M GOING TO FOLLOW THE ANDROID ALONE, NOT RADIO IN THAT ONE OF US IS DEAD
>OH LOOK WE'RE FINALLY USING MILITARY TACTICS AND SHOWING SOME LEVEL OF COMPETENCY WHEN ITS DOWN TO JUST TWO OF US.
>THAT'S TOTALLY DAVID AND NOT WALTER
>LOOK AT HIS FACE, THAT'S TOTALLY DAVID AND NOT WALTER
>WHY DID NO ONE SCAN EVERYONE WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHIP?
>WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHOWER SCENE? WHAT IS THIS A TEEN FUCKING SLASHER?
>THAT'S DAVID NOT WALTER
>WHY DO YOU NEED TO L1URE IT INTO THE CAB?
>THIS PLAN IS DUMB
>THIS PLAN RELIED ON THE ALIEN TRIPPING OVER
> WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LURE IT INTO AN AIRLOCK AND VENT IT?
>WAS THAT MEANT TO BE SUSPENSEFUL? WE SAW HER DUCK DOWN
>THATS NOT WALTER
>OH FUCKING SURPRISE, GREAT REVEAL, HE COULD'VE JUST SAID "Sure thing sweet dreams"
>FUCK THAT WAS DUMB

They were clearly able to hold the alien in different hallways, was there seriously no way to move it towards the airlock or remove air from one of the compartments?

it became apparent that the alien can survive space atmosphere conditions therefore the only solution was to impale it with a truck

>Solid third best in the franchise after Alien and Aliens.

trollb8

That's not saying much, m8, only that he liked it better than Alien3. The rest is irredeemable trash.
The point it, it doesn't have to be b8, and probably isn't/.

>The field at night where they are being stalked by the White aliens, i started to perk up.

Could have been a longer scene it lasted like 3 minutes and was pointless other than to kill off another person and have that really shitty looking moment of cg where the guys jaw gets knocked off by the Neomorphs tail.

>WHY DID NO ONE SCAN EVERYONE WHEN THEY GOT TO THE SHIP?

MOTHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO FUCKING TELL THEM ITS NOT WALTER. AS SOON AS HE GETS ON BOARD MOTHER SHOULD GO THAT'S NOT FUCKNIG WALTER THAT'S A DIFFERENT ANDROID.

I liked the movie. It's just like Prometheus, it keeps you intrigued all the movie. It's true that some twist are obvious but I still like it.

Prometheus and Alien Covenant are really good movies in the Alien franchise.

Now Ridley should do another movie to connect the prequels with the first movie and then maybe (although I see it complicated without being Sigurney Weaver in them) make two good sequels to Alien and eliminate from canon the rest. Or maybe keep Alien and Aliens and make the third final movie.

Prometheus
Alien: Covenant
*thrid prequel*

Alien
Aliens
*new sequel*

That would be perfect.

He's already doing two sequels to Covenant.

It's going all "War of the Worlds" according to him.

the movie was shit and the robot making the aliens does not make any sense

>MOTHER SHOULD BE ABLE TO FUCKING TELL THEM ITS NOT WALTER
Ugh i fucking know,
I was going to say when did he even get an egg in him and i remembered a face hugger latched on his face for all of 5 seconds, apparently that's enough time and in all the others where it stays on there for ages it's excessive.

>When the crew arrive on the space jockey's ship in alien, we see Giger's twisted mind, and it shouldn't be explained, the contrast between humans and this nightmarish organic/synthetic set around them gives us a feeling of something grand and unknown, it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.
Exactly this, couldn't have said it better myself.

But if they really had to "explain" it, they could have made the engineers some terrific incredibly intelligent creatures, not some retards wearing edgy dirty robes being genocided by one (1) human robot like retards.

>I CURSE ALL INVOLVED IN PROMETHEUS AND COVENANT MAY THEY DIE AN AGONIZING CANCEROUS DEATH!

Same, I just went to /x/ to learn how to make a sigil that will banish Lindelof and Ridley Scott from the material world

>it's supposed to feel surrealistic,
>incomprehensible, like entering a Dali's painting, the long legged elephants don't need to be explained.

kek you stole this comparison from me

Not sure if flattered or concerned

It was overall a good film with some great scenes but let down but some really stupid shit.

GOOD
>Amazing score.
>Better cast than Prometheus. A bit underdeveloped though. McBride was really likeable.
>The backburster and faceburster scene was tense.
>The neomorphs attacking in the grass was fucking great but lasted about a minute.
>David trying to get the trust of the neomorph.
>Chestburster scene was beautiful

BAD
>Quarantine procedures seems to be a thing that Weyland Corporation employees don't do.
>Crew totally fucking unfazed about landing on a world with vegetation
>Crew totally fucking unfazed about being surrounded by A DEAD ALIEN CIVILISATION as if it's routine business
>Pointless flashback to David killing off the city
>Xenomorph just rushed into the film for no real reason and is killed off about 5 minutes later. Then the second one is discovered and killed off about 5 minutes after that. Basically condensed Alien and Alien 3 into a 10 minute finale.
>The neomorphs were far more brutal and scary than the xenomorph
>That amazing chestburster scene loses all its impact because of the above two points (film should have ended at that scene)

no one cares I know

>Dropship touches down,
>Everyone is wearing sealed suits
>Someone even fucking says "Air seems breathable, lets not take chances, We'll analyze what the filters pick up when we get back"
>"Okay, Keep the ship ready, Repair Coms."
>"You. Alert and well trained soldier, Stay with the ship, You guys are our lifeline, Without you. We're walking home"
>Head towards signal
>"I'd like to stop for some samples"
>"Sure, Here take this other well trained and Alert Soldier we have. He's Alert because he has one job, To be a Soldier on an alien planet where we are investigating a strange Signal"
>Show them in the ship poking around,
>Show them taking samples
>Show the scene where he steps on the spores, but he's wearing a suit cause he's not retarded.
>Soldier perks up "Hey did you hear that?" Stands alert
>Sun goes down pilot trying to repair coms
>Suddenly "Bam okay rebooted and Coms should be back"
>Coms cut in and scientist lady is screaming for help
>Shows Scientist struggling to carry the soldier along, his Suit is torn to hell, He's messed up, pale faced and bloody.
>People at the crashed ship hear the com chatter and start hurrying back to the ship
>Soldier is helping to carry his buddy into the ship
>Pilot is frozen in fear
>Pilot runs to the coms and calls everyone to get back here asap
>Soldier and Scientist are trying to help wounded Soldier in the Med Bay, Taking off his suit.
>Soldier put his gun down when he helped carry guy
>Back burster punches out and spikes shoot through other soldiers hand, His suit is Compromised
>Brief moment where he looks at his friend, He looks at his hand, he looks up at scientist, scientist takes a step away from him,
>He looks at Pilot, Pilot takes a step away.
>Backburster makes a dash for the door.
>Pilot panics and jumps back locking it after her.
>Soldier grabs a chair,
>Swings at Alien
>Scientist bangs on glass to be let out
>Pilot wont do that, it'll get loose.
>Soldier yells for pilot to get his gun

the engineers will atack earth??

That'd be cool if it was terry gilliam thinking about this, not ridley scott

I actually enjoyed that.

I just thought it was a cool analogy, really put my thought into words m8 sorry for the steal

I doubt it would be Earth. Maybe that Omeagle-6 or whatever the fuck the colony planet was called that they were heading to

it's ok man. any time

>Pilot runs to get gun
>Pilot gets back Soldier is dead
>Scientist is trying to fend it off with a knife.
>Pilot dumps gun in a small quarantine box next to the door so the scientist can get it
>Scientist makes a dash for it, Gets it, Fires wildly busting the glass as she is torn apart,
>Pilot runs to hanger to get another gun
>Alien is busting out of medbay
>Loads it up, is taking aim
>Hears noise from down the ramp
>It's another White alien thing, With bloody claws, sniffing the trail of blood leading to the ship
>She aims at it and fires as the medbay alien slams into her,
>Her shots go wild hitting whatever explosive thing is there and the ship goes up
>Just as the crew come up on it.
>Crew are all there What the helling.
>Alien goes to attack Daniels
>Walter sticks its hand in its mouth
>Guys start firing and start closing ranks and forming a circle around wounded characters
>Got movement from here
>Got movement from this side
>Flashlights playing everywhere
>Motion sensors built into guns pinging off.
>Movement at edges of field kinda thing, they're getting more ballsy as time goes on

THEN do your stupid fucking reveal with David who swoops in and scares off a bunch of the Aliens which are remnants of when the virus infected the engineers all those years ago.

But that is where David is going right?

no problemo frendo

The film was nicely shot.
Its just the script required everyone to be fucking stupid for any of the situation to happen.

The Alien is an intelligent Deadly beast.
We didn't need dumb people putting themselves in a stupid situation to setup these events so the Alien could stalk them.
A non-stop killing machine that still gets past all of these situations regardless of how able the characters is much scarier.

I think one of the biggest let downs is that Ridley went with easily desposed of space bug instead of intelligent, methodical killer.

How intelligent is a xenomorph?

Dog level?

Or maybe even chimp?

True. I really don't know how demented you have to be to not understand this.

Riddle me this, Ridley...

nigger

Why do you capitalize random words

One thing I didnt quite understand. Apparently there were other living being in the planet for David to experiment on, but why were there only 2 neomorphs? I expected at least a dozen, or different breeds that David had created.
Also when the fuck did xenos get immune to bullets? The first full grown neomorph they meet literally goes in the middle of them, everyone unload their weapons on it and yet it runs away unharmed. Unless you want me to believe everyone missed their target standing 3 ft away.

>Make a nihilistic, anti-life movie with a Lovecraftian theme that puts humanity at the back of the bus
>Sequel is about humans and robots
>People want to see Prometheus explained
>Just kill a bunch of Prometheus plots and force in something new
>Huge continuity problems with Prometheus AND the sequels
>Visually not impressive because it's all boring shots with little variety
>Shot at exactly two locations, the ship from Prometheus and a building at the landing dock of Paradise while everything outside of those locations is far more interesting
>Better actors than the first
>Michael Fassbender gives David a quirky and giddy tone that doesn't fit the character the movie makes him out to be
>David gets way too much plot armor
>Dramatic twists are obvious before they ever hit
>Crew is forgettable and never substantiated
>Only scene giving more than just a face to the characters is a short feature on Youtube to sell the movie
>Cast acts brain dead most of the time
>Magic of exploring an alien race is never used, we move between tired old plots we know from the other movies in the franchise
>Xenomorphs felt forced when the protomorph alone carried the movie just fine
>CGI was laughably bad at certain moments, in one scene the xenomorph was literally clipping through the ground
>Aliens are too visible like the engineers when they're supposed to be the horror element
>Used throwbacks to Alien which would be fine if your movie was any good, but feel try-hard in this one

Sounds like Prometheus 2 alright

Is it explained why the Engineers look entirely different than those in Prometheus?

Alien is the things name duh

Nope, my theory would be that since the engineer in the cryo tube is 2000 years old, maybe the engineers have 'upgraded' since then.

Ridley Scott stated that engineers are all male because there's no need for women since they can just bio-engineer.

There are two different kind of Engineers in Prometheus, and I could see the biomechanical oone being more advanced. The stills I saw of the Engineers in Covenant looked like a bunch of dumb white bald dudes.

If Walter somehow still onboard and managed to outsmarts David in the end, it might be not as forgettable as it is now.

This engineer backstory has gone into Jedi/Sith prequel territory, never to return.

Literally.

Of all the little things in this movie my favorite is probably the crane that looks like an alien's tongue mouth.

It seems to be a biomechanical pressure suit, they probably bio-engineer certain engineers into them or maybe the engineers in those suits are a different race. The weird this is that All of the statues on their home planet seem to glorify the biomechanical suit wearers, it's the exact same statues as the ones in the 2000 year old ship.

The engineers on Paradise seem to look a lot more human and even differentiate in size, while the engineers at the start of Prometheus all looked to be about the same height and had bodybuilder physiques.

But that could just as well be Ridley Scott making some major budget cuts like he always does.

That's the problem with Ridley Scott, the man can't do continuity if his life depended on it, there's so many plotholes in the entire franchise now thanks to Prometheus and Covenant.

At this point, a fanfic is better than the script they are making. for the movies.
Plus, killing Shaw? for what purpose at all?
Oh, it's just an evil robot plot.
It was this bland. Blande as rainwater.

>>People want to see Prometheus explained
Nobody fucking wanted this because Prometheus and everything it introduced was complete garbage.

Literally THE only good and interesting thing in Prometheus, and any Alien movie since Aliens was David. The Engineers are retarded and so was the pseudo intellectual philosophy bullshit in Prometheus. Thank fuck they just ignore that poorly written clunky garbage.

I am so happy Covenant is triggering all these retarded Prometheus apologists. I find it hilarious that everyone shits on Prometheus for 4 years straight, unanimously agreeing that it was hot garbage, then the hipsters suddenly crawl out of the woodwork when the superior sequel appears.

Every. Single. Time.

The Alien scenes were fantastic though.

Neither of us got what we wanted now though, Prometheus was forced into the Alien franchise because people wanted more aliens even when the movie originally had nothing to do with alien.

Plus I liked Prometheus when it came out, wasn't even into movies then all that much and didn't even know it was universally hated. I'm not a hipster, contrarian, or whatever else, if anything I wish you people would share the same love for Prometheus as I do so I could've gotten a good sequel.

At this point, I legit think that the only salvageable thing of the alien franchise are it's avp games.
And it should have released another by now.

There's speculation he pushed for more focus on AI in P and AC because he was left out of development for Blade Runner 2. This true?

Dear Fox.
Please stop kicking it.
It's already dead.
I'll even offer burial services.

Because Scott wants to push Alien and Bladerunner together

Get ready for Fassbender and Gosling!

I loved it desu, not very original but it fit well.

There is a grave misunderstanding in regards to Alien that has plagued the franchise ever since. The alien, when removed from the context of the movie, isn't very interesting. The movie isn't about extraterrestial biology, it's about an evil corporation killing its employees.

Are you guys retarded? David has access codes to the ship, it's established in the final scene

I'm guessing that ship that crashed in lvl 436 was meant for earth, but the driver got infected before he could reach its destination.

ifbwyt conceptnaliens athan onot thw aline butwhite oens and it make sense the enginenrs were humans ok? btutwhat ndoesn't makesnse is thattd be kileld off byt e robot fassbender robotmakes no sense kill them all lwiek nothing?

like wjhethy were avdnaced they couldof preventef it

It is 5/10 for me. Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
Good thing i only wasted $2 on the ticket in my 3 world shithole.

I agree with everything except the flashback, I thought it was great. Also the CGI of the first neomorph attacking the woman was fucking atrocious, good thing the rest of the CGI was good.

yuesnut was morelogical but itcool white aliens cawere coll don'that thino?

yesrkhaiIa gree thoguh promethus make more logical but what I dpn't get is how tjealien fasender kil them all ofrf with black pwoeder don't ayou are?E

thist heu mstipidest prat for me?

hytuis t houa otnriairna whayt doeana dcontrairna erveme makean wnaywya'

menantrh thoitnign to emd oes it you tyou? and whye' si tha1t'?e ebciaonr soemrhstriuoudnebgagt rjrooeiditn dwythis isneot goodpmw butk rno e sjenshe tofjr ememfbr waksl..erijtbecnoldn't jsust ,iens didbtig e4ogkkvrevelem an it dwouldn't of 1mkeiellr to na rpciaiif anrhtnthekil aenrieajy kenwb afanbeder jake rke batu torbots'

>Is it explained why the Engineers look entirely different than those in Prometheus?

Look at all the different types of humans on Earth.

I'm not a huge fan of saying it, but despite the flaws that the movie has, a lot of the criticism seems to come from people actually not understanding the movie or paying attention.
Kind of sad that these braindead millenials get to have a voice on the internet, but I guess that's just something we'll have to live with.

Hey man - you feeling ok?

>It is 5/10 for me. Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
>Prometheus was far more intriguing and LOGICAL.
>Prometheus
>LOGICAL