Has Sup Forums read this?

I find it to be pretty redpilled and scary, seems like the next logical thing to happen in France.

It's pretty good. Houellebecq is good even if he's a bit of a Dracula.

The real question you need to ask yourself is if you're ready to read pic related.

I'm gonna get on it right away!! thanks!

Everything seems to be right on schedule.

Raspail is pretty based.

>Jean Raspail was born the son of factory manager Octave Raspail and Marguerite Chaix. He attended private Catholic colleges at Saint-Jean-de-Passy in Paris, the Institution Sainte-Marie d'Antony and the Ecole des Roches in Verneuil-sur-Avre.

>During the first twenty years of his career, he traveled the world to discover populations threatened by the confrontation with modernity. In 1950–52, he led the Tierra del Fuego–Alaska car trek and in 1954, the French research expedition to the land of the Incas. In 1981, his novel Moi, Antoine de Tounens, roi de Patagonie ('I, Antoine of Tounens, King of Patagonia'), won the Grand Prix du Roman (award for a novel) of the Académie française.

>His traditional Catholicism serves as an inspiration for many of his utopian works, in which the ideologies of communism and liberalism are shown to fail, and a Catholic monarchy is restored. In the novel Sire, a French king is crowned in Reims in February 1999, the 18-year-old Philippe Pharamond de Bourbon, a direct descendant of the last French kings.

Raspail has all the drama that's absent in Houellebecq.

Houellebecq's work is more philosophical in nature; the theme isn't so much Islam taking over as Christianity fading away. Raspail on the other hand was more clearly and bluntly pro-civilisation and anti-third world.

>Raspail's most widely known work is The Camp of the Saints (1973). In it, he predicted the collapse of Western civilization due to an overwhelming 'tidal wave' of Third World immigration. The book has been translated to Spanish, Italian, Czech, Dutch, Polish, and Portuguese, and as of 2006 had sold over 500,000 copies. Today, the book is popular among anti-immigration activists, and has been reprinted by John Tanton's The Social Contract Press. After Camp of the Saints, Raspail wrote many successful novels, including North, Sire and The Fisher's Ring. He fits into the family of novelists like Roger Nimier, Dino Buzzati and Michel Déon.

>Raspail was a candidate for the Académie française in 2000 and received the most votes but without obtaining the majority required for election to the vacant seat of Jean Guitton.

>An article which he wrote in Le Figaro on 17 June 2004, entitled "The Fatherland Betrayed by the Republic", in which he criticized the French immigration policy, was sued by International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism on the grounds of "incitement to racial hatred", but the action was turned down by the court on 28 October.

I remember the kvetching when this came out.

Lefties didn't realise it was a jab at contemporary Europe, not at Islam. Houellebecq identifies as 'anti-liberal' which I think can be read as 'reactionary'.

Overall I think it portrayed Islam in a good light.

The day after the Nice attack The Camp of The Saints showed up in one of those "Amazon thinks you'll like 'X'" emails in my inbox.

Discovered Houellebecq about this time last year I think - Submission was the first one I read, and I've since gone on to read all the rest of his novels too. I like him a lot, he's the only author I know of that really confronts the problems of the western world (and Europe specifically). Not the most optimistic author though desu.

It was ok, I realise he sells to a big audience.

He could have(and should have) worked out the international background further. It was lacking in logic a bit, the egocentric character seemed like an excuse to keep the narrative simple. I know this is his most used character but especially the secret service guy should have been more detailed about Europe as a whole.

I enjoyed reading it anyway.

This one is also a fun read.

I really liked it. Houellebecq in general seems pretty redpilled.

I have read it.
Interesting to think of the conundrum: would it be worth the west giving up its "roots" in exchange for a return to patriarchy under Islam?

Houellebecq is a nihilist. Submission was a book to mock French elites and shows how they'd betray their so-called principles (laïcité, feminism, philosemitism...) for comfort, renown, lust or money.

He could have wrote the exact same book with the FN winning without having to change many things. But he knew he'd get more butthurt from journalist (and thus money) with making it about Muslims.

Jean Raspail, on the other hand, genuinely cares about France's future.

Exactly. It's a typical Houellebecq novel, which is primarily about the apathy which grips Western men. It's true though - 100 years ago, if someone cut the throat of a priest in a church while conducting mass, the community that attacker came from would be dead in the local vicinity by the end of the night. Yet, here we are, probably the most right wing of male youth, and all we can do is muster up silent rage, while our normal peers can't be bothered and our left wing equivalents are busy defending the religion of the attacker.

Yeah, I know. That's why I told him to read it.

Why would I read it, I'm watching it happen in real life.

>tfw Houellebecq was always right
taking the red pill has severe consequences btw
pic related

that's because of civil disarmament
makes the law-abiding population a bunch of cowards

Says the eternal anglo who let Thomas More or Beckett get killed.

Only catholics react when his clergy is attacked.

It's shit and bad written. Houellbecq just put muslim in the book because he knows that he will have a free . His next book will be 100 pages were he's complaining about lesbian ideology because he could not fuck egnough pussies. I bet.

The muslim don't care about democracy. They will come in power through violence and everyone knows it.

Have a free publicity. Sorry

jesus

too much redpill

is that really the same guy??? He must be into drugs

Yes it's really him. I guess he's mostly into cigarettes and red wine.