"Let's get drunk before watching the movie"

>"Let's get drunk before watching the movie"

>he doesn't watch his kino borderline blackout-drunk

I'd rather get high before watching a movie.

This woman's choice of hairstyle and glasses make me suspect she's very annoying to be around

>doesn't sneak in a flask and get drunk during the movie

This is my favorite thing to do. I end up getting way drunker way quicker then when I'm at home.

Finding a driver is a pain though

getting drunk and watching movies is my favorite pass time.

why? alcohol is not really that kind of substance, its actually fucking lame to watch a movie drunk when you actually wanna do something or go to continue your evening in a bar.

Alcohol in itself sucks IMO, its only fun if you do shit or have a proper party while taking drinks. weed is much better substance if you're just going to enjoy yourself or spend night at home with friends

>prepares condom

>Alcohol in itself sucks IMO

Thousands of extra genocides would have happened if alcohol didn't exist.

It's a social lubricant with a critical diplomatic function.

what is a 'driver'? sorry english is only a second language

Don't apologize, just leave.

Someone to drive him home since he'd be too drunk

oh okay, sorry I know that in this sense, jsut thought it means something like a soda to flush the alcohol down with

That's how I've managed to try watching Blade Runner 4 times now, and not finish it once.

>finding a driver

You can't call a taxi or an uber or something? Or do you try to get someone to drive you to and from the theater while babysitting you?

>Watching a slow and 'boring' movie like Blade Runner drunk

Are you an idiot?

I'd just fall asleep halfway through.

Druggoes and drunkies should be shot dead

>Get back home from a bar drunk
>Watch a movie
>Next day remember nothing of it
>Need to watch it again

Suggestive asymmetry in problem distribution...

The Assyrians are the key to all of this.

lol. This has been my experience with Inherent Vice. I've tried three times now, and still haven't finished it.

I call that a "chaser". Easy enough to find at a theatre, though they charge you to hell and back for it.

I'm a cheap bastard, and we usually go in a group of 4 or so. It's really just that everyone wants to drink, no one wants to drive.

This is unironically the correct way to enjoy film. If you can ride that fine line, you can still fully appreciate the film and often your emotional response is heightened. The best part is that you can rewatch the film and will have forgotten enough details that you can fully appreciate it as if for the first time.

I did this watching I Saw the Devil for the first time a few weeks ago and it was the best film experience I've had in quite a while.

DUDE

why are women such whores

Is actually the best way, since you get to see the movie 'for the first time' twice, given you don't repeat the process next time, as well.

did this before watching snow white and the huntsman, worth it

I'm getting high before I see King Arthur tonight. I want to look past how inconsistent it is and have a good time.

Dude Weed Lmao, etc.

>He doesn't sneak a flask, chaser and whatever snacks he wants into the theatre

I always do that when I see movies with people. Not blackout drunk, but a couple drinks before a movie, particularly before some of the shit that comes out nowadays, makes the entire thing more fun.

Compared to the bloodshed fueled by alcohol?

I don't like the taste of beer but I like liquors.

dude I have the perfect country for you to live in PM me for deets

Maybe they realize the movies they watch are shit and being drunk is the only way you can enjoy them.

was there supposed to be a joke or is the writer just as autistic as the character who doesn't like beer

Fuck I hate Monroe

heresy. Who the fuck actually likes liqour?
For me beer is like dark chocolate ,it isnt a direct satisfaction like sugar ,but its a other kind of tasty ,but i can see why people dislike beer ,what i cant understand how anyone can like the taste of liqour ,if its not drowned in something else

>I have the plebeian taste of a child and I don't like the taste of beer, therefore no one does
When did you grow you grow out of xkcd?

>alcohol makes people less violent
lol wut

I hear that good whiskey can be amazing even when neat, but I'm too much of a poorfag to know it by experience.

weed is a thousand times better for that
i watched Drive while stoned the first time and almost got a heart attack during the beginning chase scene

I do this
The last third of so many movies are a blur

I think it's the hops in beer that put me off.

I like just sitting back and enjoying some liquor, sipping more than drinking/chugging, feeling the bite. Maybe it's more the experience than the taste for me, all I know is I like it.

You don't have to get hoppy beers
There are lots of types

>tfw can't enjoy a movie unless I'm at least crossfaded

I like to be a little buzzed when I watch a movie because it chills me out and lets me relax in an environment where I'm elbow-to-elbow with strangers. Bonus points if the theater serves beer.

im german ,so we might have just decent beers ,but liquor again i drink it too ,but the main reason is honestly to get drunk.

English slang for what you're discribing is called a chaser

I refused to see the Hobbit 3 unless I was incredibly drunk and it made it the most entertaining of the three.

I realise it's at the end of the movie but when Legolas started bouncing off of falling rocks I couldn't stop laughing and was asked to leave.

>Stolichnaya

>using a condom
>not going in bareback halfway through the movie and nutting inside her

Do you even kino friend?

God xkcd is awful now
What happened to that guy

You learn to like it. I wouldn't drink it for fun but whiskey/bourbon is enjoyable. Part of it is that I love beer but can never drink enough to get drunk. One beer makes me bloat like crazy and I feel like shit after a few.

I dont like the taste i just like the feeling lol

It was always cringey and Fedora

You just grew up

might be cringey & fedora but damn if that comic isn't accurate

This can turn out great depending on the movie. But it's a bit of a gamble because if you get a bad drunk movie then you have to turn it off and find something else, meanwhile wasting precious intoxication.

Blade Runner actually works pretty well drunk.

Honestly, any girl above the age of 18 who falls for this shit, or still surrounds herself with guys like this, really have no one to blame but themselves.

>Drinking anything but water

Then lets try something less accurate

he must be under six foot

why are aging liberal hipsters obsessed with being an ironic alcoholic?

Because underneath the irony is actual alcoholism

I'd drink any vodka or rum before beer

Because it's moving the blame for them doing and saying stupid shit onto alcohol
>life falling apart and deeply unhappy
>"LOLLL GONNA GET WASTED TONIGHT XDD"

Patricians opinion right here. Anyone who does not get this is a brainlet

>all of these fucking drunks

It's time to take the first step user.

>sorry english is only a second language

kill yourself then spic

inherent vice is shit though

also, i'm gonna get shitfaced and finish conan tonight

this

>getting drunk alone

P A T H E T I C .

weeds not gonna work like that for everyone. Personally cant stop thinking about stuff if I'm ever on weed and won't be able to follow any film

champaign > whisky > wine >>>>>>

limp wristed faggotry

yes, this is correct

Being drunk in the theater for Borat and Jackass 2 was more fun than should be allowed.

Anyone who drinks alcohol should be shot to death desu

I'll always look back fondly at that one time me and my friends snuck vodka into the theatre and played a drinking game.

It was Snakes on a Plane, and we had to take a swig every time a snake appeared. I was the only one taking the game seriously and I vomited so much popcorn. It was a good time

Did this for the leone dollar trilogy.
Loved the shit out of the movies and only remembered certain key scenes.

Weed made me hate every movie I watched while stoned.
Except for spongebob the movie.

One of my friends is a crazy hardcore star wars fan and he's never seen any of the movies sober.

>I could ask you out
you wanna know how i know a chad made that comic

>duuuuuude I'm a mid-20s white girl and I like drink sooooooo much

hate this meme

literally every other girl is like this

How would that even work? I don't do drugs, but wouldn't it delay your reactions and your ability to retain the plot? I'd think watching a movie while high, you would be actually understanding anything, just watching the different colors flashing on the screen.

>implying there aren't ugly Chads
it's a state of mind

there are two characters in that comic. why can't the author be like the other one and just has an annoying friend?

>you would be
wouldn't*

kek, so true

I follow movies just fine when stoned. None of that bullshit happens to me. Do you think you lose all sense of reality when you're stoned or something?

Ok.

>get drunk
>forget about the movie
>fuck
>sleep
>I get up and spend hangover day watching new kino in blessed silence

>get drunk
>end up talking
>end up fucking
>morning after see the fucking blu ray on the table
>she didn't get up until afternoon so i got free breakfast and watched fury road in black and white

I have no clue. All I know is that it makes you sluggish and lazy and all "dude what?" You wouldn't be like "dude what?" if you were fully understanding what's going on around you.

>getting drunk with friends

F A G G O T .

The "dude what" is a stereotype. But weed does make you lazy. That's pretty true.

Only brainlets are all "dude what?" when stoned.
Either that or your smoking bad shit.

I kind of believe it since stereotypes are always based in some truth though.

All I know is that you're probably not going to be as aware/alert watching a movie as you would be sober, and that alone proves that watching a movie would be worse when you're high.

if anything, watching a movie or tv show makes you less stoned since you're completely focused on it.