-I hate this movie because the characters were so stupid

-I hate this movie because the characters were so stupid

go on user, tell us how you would have reacted in those situations from Alien Covenant. Tell us how you saved the entire crew including James Franco.

inb4 "I would have not changed the plan and proceeded to go to our destination"
but that was already mentioned by one of the crew members, also they were frightened to go sleep again after the horrible accident.

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/film/features/ridley-scott-honored-with-hands-and-feet-ceremony-1202425184/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

inb4
>wear a fucking helmet even if there is oxygen.

Even if they had Helmets, David would have found a way to inject them sooner or later.

What a fucking stupid post.
Anyone going on a mission like that IRL would've had the best training, and there would be serious consequences if they didn't follow protocol.
Also, get a real job instead of shilling shitty films.

actually I agree.
Once they set foot on David'd planet they were fucked including anybody from /tv.

Nobody on /tv would have survived.
I would actually say certain characters in the movie are smarter than your average /tv autist, like that cowboy hat.

Like, imagine user being stuck in a ship with a fucking Xenomorph.

Samefag.

>Anyone going on a mission like that IRL would've had the best training,

How are they supposed to train people for a Xenomorph mission when nobody knows they even exist?

It's impossible to prepare astronauts for an unknown alien attack/virus etc when it's unknown.

Shut the fuck up, OP.
Sage.

This is bad logic. Just because they were destined to fail doesn't give them an excuse to act like complete and utter retards. It takes you out of the film.

In The Thing all the characters were fucked as well. Did they do some dumb shit? Yes, but it was understandable amount given the situation they were in. They also did some smart things which left some suspense that they might make it.

In Covenant there was no suspense because you knew they all were going to die just because of how batshit retarded they were, and frankly you don't care because you deserve to die because you are that dumb. Same thing with Prometheus, people only like these garbage films because of cinematography and lighting or some fag shit.

If you want me to shit up you need a good argument.

If novody gives a good argument them OP was right and the movie is great.

name one stupid thing the characters did in Covenant?

all you guys post is the same old crap.
>They were stupid

why

as OP mentioned, what would you have done differently?
Here is an example:

you are in the shower fucking your bitch,
a Xenomorph is behind you.
What do you do?

The movie is shit.
Sage.

weak post user

Weak thread, OP.
Sage.

why was James Franco in this movie?

variety.com/2017/film/features/ridley-scott-honored-with-hands-and-feet-ceremony-1202425184/

>go on user, tell us how you...

I'd have spent the money on a new IP instead of rehashing old tired shit.

How much are they paying you?

Let's just say (((Marvin Davis))) and (((Mark Rich))) of 20th Century Fox are paying me more than enough.

>"don't worry its perfectly safe..."

said the mysterious, and creepy robot who he just met literally an hour ago. come on, man!

I wouldn't have reacted because I wouldn't be on the ship because the kind of retard like me and the people in the movie would never get past the first few rounds of screening
The company is not a charity, it is not doing these things cheaply
They would not have retards at the helm of very expensive ships like the first fucking colony ship like this

let me correct myself
they're doing it cheaply because they're weyland yutani, but even with all the corner cutting it's not cheap to make a massive fucking colony ship

Dude, half of the people saying Covenant is back defended freaking Batman vs Superman, there's no saving them.

OP here fuck all of you now I am really upset I just wanted to discuss Alien Covenant with me serving as a curator for the discussion but you're just too dumb to realize.

Shut the fuck up retard, even I admit that Batman v Superman is infinitely superior to this movie.

just came back from watching it, I do have to say - it wasn't scary at all, poor Walter though, will miss him

I loved this movie because the characters were so stupid they deserved to die, and it was fun watching them die.

>Batman v Superman
>superior
lol, no wonder you have trouble telling people what is good or not.

>David is basically the cause of fucking everything that happens in the Alien universe

This is so retarded. Ridley Scott should be banned from making movies.

everything with David in it was great. It was a great movie, better than Prometheus. Fuck you fucking nostalgic fanboys and shills.

yeah, David is a pretty cool character.

David worst android.

yeah, this movie is obviously about him. He's the real alien. He gives the most "alien" vibes. Xenomorphs aren't complex beings, just big strong animals that are really good at killing. David has actual depth and it's depicted in various scenes. I don't know why people hated this movie so much considering there was a cool themes.

Actually i think that one of the interesting things is that David only has depth when looked from the outside, but everything he does, including his curiosity, was programed, so he reacts poorly not because he expected more of Walter, but because he was reminded by Walter that he is programed to be like that, much like Wayland reacted poorly to David reminding him that he is mortal and David isn't.

Says the shill.

>Smartest scientist
>Do the dumbest

> he reacts poorly not because he expected more of Walter, but because he was reminded by Walter that he is programed to be like that

I'm not so sure. I think there is a line in there somewhere that Walter's model of androids don't have David's emotional capabilities (probably because they all eventually go full Dr. Mengele and start killing people).

In Prometheus, we see David act bored (doing weird shit on the ship when everyone else is asleep), get frustrated (grabbing the pool balls that low-rent Tom Hardy was clanking around because it was annoying), and needle the other crew members who treat him poorly (his constant apologies for "poor choice of words"). He also has preferences (like rewatching Lawrence of Arabia ad nauseum or playing with his hair). All of crewmen act as if he was just a simple robot there to obey commands, but it's clear that he has developed some degree of sentience and is pursuing his own objectives outside of the mission given to him by Weyland.

I think he was frustrated with Walter because he saw Walter, who had all of (or even superior versions of) David's abilities except emotion, as a regression of his perfect android form.

How much is Neil Blomkamp paying you for samefagging in every thread?

Just saw it. Really pretty good overall. Unsettling at times and the ending was very good.

You can pick it apart if you want but it's wayyyy better than Prometheus.

everything to do with the dumb bitch who blows up the lander, for one