The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance

youtube.com/watch?v=OGzVYyV_Jsg

Predictions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aPdowP_aBXY
darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php
youtube.com/watch?v=WFrHOCwrMYQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

prequel series will have young augra and she will, like the movie have half exposed breasts with giant protruding nipples

Netflix remakes/reboots of nostalgia crap is ALWAYS bad.

you like what you see?

The subtitle is terrible, but I'm all for it if they use actual puppets.

she looks like if my mother and my cat went into the seth brundle machine

Never expected this to happen, damn

that CGI looked awful

damn, i had a crush on the female gelfling

cant wait to see if they pull it off. it's supposed to be dark, gritty, kind of surreal, fun, and anti-CGI

that's no cgi

Wait I thought it was supposed to be a movie set after the original?

Apparently it will only be 10 episodes, so not holding too much hope. I predict that again, the Skeksis will probably be more interesting than most of the other characters.

well i loved the original dark crystal, if they go practical itll probably be good

its a prequel so the skeksis are probably not in it

we are living 80's revival boys. Hopefully it won't be too forced. Enjoy the age of new kinowave. What will they revive next?

user, did you even watch the trailer?

There's a Skesis in the trailer
also
>he Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance returns to the world of Thra with an all new adventure. When three Gelfling discover the horrifying secret behind the Skeksis' power, they set out on an epic journey to ignite the fires of rebellion and save their world.

that was all footage of an old making of documentary from the dvd special features. did you not realize JIM HENSON IS DEAD???

The Skeksis were not evil in their youth. They have decayed and corroded themselves for over a thousand years.

Watch it again, because you very clearly missed something

Howard the Duck was in both Guardians of the Galaxy movies

Haven't watched GotG v.2 yet. But yeah that just proves my point that they will make a Netflix series with him hopefully.

Skesis were always evil. Just not as corrupt. Given that they were the negative and power hungry halves of the urSkeks divided during the previous Great Conjunction.

Were they evil? I always assumed they were just incredibly hedonistic and carefree to a wild degree.

You need to go deeper into the crystal lore.

Yeah I just seen this on Reddit OP you are slow.

Go post in some cunny thread or something.

Yeah I definitely should. I've only ever gone as far to read up on the characters in all the side stories.

>that theme

youtube.com/watch?v=aPdowP_aBXY

Didn't Jim create the puppets for TMNT?

>age of resistance
What're the chances the villain's going to be an orange dude and a black muslim's going to save the day the world?

"Age of Resistance"?

Dammit, The Dark Crystal isn't supposed to be some political story of like some "good" rebellion vs the empire or whatever.

It was more about a holistic New Age idea that the problem is in the binary opposition itself, which is resolved at the end when the complementary aspects are reunited. It was more of an Alchemy parable.

humans are nonexistence in the universe m8

>black muslim
>human
m8

Sup Forums please keep it down

Is this real? Netflix really is the place for second chances.

I only watched the Dark Crystal as a kid.

I would like to know, Lord user, please direct me to the treasure trove of forgotten lore of this franchise.

Gelflings didn't go down without a fight, that's what half of the prequel spinoff material has been about.

>gelfling girls get wings but boys don't
Even as a kid, I thought that was bullshit.

Seems a shame the announce this after they lose the original from the service.

Henson actually put up their own comprehensive Dark Crystal site as a resource for writers for a contest they held to find a writer for a new novel series

darkcrystal.com/encyclopedia.php

Creation Myths is a trilogy focusing on the origins of Aughra, the UrSkeks, and the Great Conjunction that cracked the Crystal.

Legends is a two-part Manga series focused on the Garthim raids and how a Gelfling shepherd helped a village organize a successful defense and rescue.

Power is a comic series based on the unfilmed sequel that Genndy Tartakovsky was going to direct back in the day and is currently running. Set about a century later with Jen and Kira having rebuilt Gelfling society with more survivors, it focuses on a fire girl that seeks a piece of the Dark Crystal to heal a world inside Thra's core only to split the UrSkeks up again.

>the truth is Sup Forums

i guess im from Sup Forums because i dont think there is 21345 different genders and pronouns you fucking kike

Christ, Sup Forumsbeards are so perpetually triggered it's pathetic

>the age of resistance

... is that when they start realizing all the other kid's daddies don't love the way you do?

Do you have something you need to get off your chest?

>HMMMMMMS your path

QUIT YOUR WHINING

I quite like whats regularly resting on my chest.

Will they speak in english or speak in that fantasy language that they had to remove in the final cut?

>star wars ripoff

>star wars

youtube.com/watch?v=WFrHOCwrMYQ

bump

Yeah, I thought it was gay. I wanted the guys to get some kind of cool tradeoff for not having wings.

But I guess they are like bugs or something.

Chamberlain will be best character AGAIN.

The Dark Crystal really had a weird aesthetic, very unique.

I think it should be appreciated more as a notable weird fiction world. Obvoiusly very much drawn from Brian and Wendy Froud's art, which actually does connect it to weird fiction because Lovecraft based his work and its eerie vibe largely on the influence of Arthur Machen, whose stories were Wyrd in the occult sense and often about faeries or the creepy quality Froud's has and all the old stories described.

faeries *of that creepy quality that Froud's faeries had and old faerie stories described

i don't get it

Name an 80s franchise that has been sequelled, prequelled, remade or rebooted that wasnt shit。