Why do US Americans hate the idea of changing the constituion so much?

Why do US Americans hate the idea of changing the constituion so much?

Why no take out the stupid shit when you realise it was a mistake like any sane country would do? Originally, our constitution did deny all jews entry to the kingdom, changing it was no big deal

What stupid shit is in the US Constitution?

Because he constitution is the most amazing peice of writing ever made to deny the government from impending on the God given rights we are all born with.

>why do US citizens hate the idea of giving up their inalienable rights?
is this a serious question. or just a troll?

>Originally, our constitution did deny all jews entry to the kingdom, changing it was no big deal
Should've kept it in, desu senpai

Most of the stuff in the constitution is fairly general, nothing really specific like "No jews allowed"

Also there is a specific method to change the constitution, one that makes sure it will fail unless the majority of people in the country support it by a decent margin. So politicians usually try to weasel around it.

2/3rds of the house and senate must vote in favor of it. And once that happens voting is then sent to the states where 3/4ths of the states must vote to ratify it.

Shh. Let them have their constitution, they seem to have grown very attached to it.

Nobody has a problem with changing the Constitution. It's been done many times before. The problem is that liberals want to bypass the entire mechanism for change and impose their own whims.

What are you referring to, specifically? The second amendment? That wasn't a mistake.

The only thing I'd change about the current constitution is the 14th amendment. Anchor babies need to stop.

Americans have changed their constitution, many times. They're fine with adding rights, not so big on taking rights out of it.

Fuck you. Change is bad

Why do Euros hate the idea of taking responsibility for their own safety instead of demanding the government give it to them, in its infinite power and wisdom?

I think the only time where something was removed was when they did an amendment to end prohibition. And prohibition was itself an amendment.

I miss zed.

Think that was the 21st ammendment but i cba to google it.

and ever since you let them in. you been on a downfall

The only people that want to amend the Constitution at this juncture want to do so in order to reduce civil liberties. Given the politics of the States and the aims of people I've seen interested in a convention, the policies we'd be dealing would be: abolishing abortion rights, curtailing free speech rights, and gun ownership rights.

because the all of our liberties are protected by the Bill of Rights, why would anyone want to give away liberties?

the 14th removed the 10th
(I dont actually believe this)

sounds like you guys cucked yourself, why would america want to follow suit?

Every time it's changed it's done to fuck them over. Specifically white people.

The 16th amendment and before that the basically unlimited power for taxation.

Other than that top tier document.
On this topic drug prohibition is unconstitutional without amendment not that this would ever fly in the Supreme Court cause"drugs are bad"

After the bill of rights, most of the times we changed it fucked us over
>blacks and women the vote
>Prohibition

This guy is not participating in his own thread. No one should be replying without saging

the assault weapons part du-h

Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on Sup Forums by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is Sup Forums. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.