DC Rebirth thread

Rob Liefeld is fucking hype, Sup Forums, and he has actually read part of the one-shot. Why aren't you?

Other urls found in this thread:

newsarama.com/28798-report-jsa-1980s-jla-red-trunked-superman-more-return-in-dc-s-rebirth.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It would help if the one-shot were out or previewed.

ok

I'm assuming it will come out tomorrow or friday. Monday, at worse. We are less than a week away now.

t. MCUck

>Johns gets his way with the movies
>Johns gets his way with the comics
>Johns gets his way with the TV Series

BASED CEREAL KING

Now I know what you're saying "But Arrow is shit! He doesn't get his way with the TV shows"

But he does. Johns doesn't like Green Arrow. He gets in the way of his Barry/Hal OTP.

>capeshit
>non-imprint Big Two capeshit at that
I think I'll pass, thanks.

Hal show when?

Just stay out of the thread, Indiean attention whore.

>still pushing this meme

Hey, OP asked why I'm not excited, so I answered him. Why get angry over a simple response?

Young Animal might be cool though.

I'm excited.

>OP didn't wait for the official daily countdown post

come on man

>Batfleck himself taking over the DC movies
>Captain Crunch taking over the DC fiction
Don't call it a comeback

I guess I should add to the thread too though.

I'm not surprised if Johns is shitting on some of the new 52 decisions. The reboot basically erased so much work he did on so many franchises.

>Indiean
Nigger you what?

He means it as in Indie-an based on the guys taste.
>>capeshit
>>non-imprint Big Two capeshit at that

so SBP is totally coming back right

Oh, is it supposed to be an insult or something?

>Prime comes back and it turns out he was right all along

he did nothing wrong

Well it's trying it's best to be an insult.

anything can be an insult. it's up to authorial intent and reader interpretation.

Fair enough. At least it was an attempt.

Honestly, I'm not sure, and would assume not.

A big thing, obviously, is that there would be like 5 more-or-less big Supermen that we're keeping track of: nu52, pre-Flashpoint, the fake Superman in "Super League", Chinese New Super-Man, and then SBP.

Too many Supes.

surprised johns doesn't like GA considering he's used him a number of times in books. Green Lantern #7-8 I believe it was where they team against mongul is superb. and his use of him in hawkman as well

GA would be his kind of character. ripe for mythos explorations, strong connections with a number of dc characters, big family, etc.

I can't tell if Johns likes Ollie or not

He wrote him decently in Rebirth and the GL issues with the Black Mercy but later on during Blackest Night Barry called him a murderer and said he didn't like what he did to Hal

>that many Supes
>Jurgens being one of the main Supes writers
>Thanos has a gun
>CW2 power metallic gloss covers
>Image being popular
>jackets and undercuts/sidecuts are popular on characters

Literally the 90s again

I am not up to date on Super League, but I thought the idea was that the fake supermen were going to cause Superwoman and New Super-Man?

I think he's just playing up the rivalry. Characters arguing or whatever isn't always the author speaking.

There are a lot of times he's had GA show up just to shit on him.

He has these good moments with him too but I always got the impression that he's overall not one of his favorite characters.

ollie's greatest strength as a character imo is that he's polarizing. he has done good, and often times his viewpoint is smarmingly right, but he also fucks up a lot, and it makes him more human than just about anybody. I think johns recognizes this and can't find a way to write him as perfectly as he did hal (perfect meaning shit like "evil space bug did it not me")

How has the been no leak of what the story of Rebirth is? Isn't like only days away?

Also, considering Liefeld's tweets, I wouldn't be surprised if the Rebirth special were a bit more meta than we think.

I mean, Johns already teased that the first lines are something like "I love this universe...but it's missing something," just as a writer would.

Liefeld confirms that there ARE going to be tweaks to some New52 canon, so I'd guess that a major character is supposed to be a Source-esque figure (hell, our guesses of "Morrison is the hand" might have some truth).

>I think johns recognizes this and can't find a way to write him as perfectly as he did hal (perfect meaning shit like "evil space bug did it not me")
yeah he was so perfect he was an impulsive retard half the time

it comes out next Wednesday and no there are no leaks. How often does DC stuff even get leaked? The issues probably haven't even shipped yet

A week.

They're keeping tight but Titans Hunt did suggest that Wally might be coming back.

Wasn't it supposed to ship early for a special midnight release or something along those lines?

This actually gives me a good bit of hope. If there was one thing DC was good about pre-New52, it was the sense of legacy and worldbuilding. If you went to war with the Flash, you'd find yourself dealing with the whole family. If you tried to take over the world, you'd be facing Superman, the JLA, the JSA, the Titans, and everyone else. It's been sorely lacking, and Johns was always good at that kind of thing.

>Barry called him a murderer
Well Ollie did murder the fuck out of a bunch of guys in Grell's run so he's not wrong.

some of the stuff Rucka said about coming back for Rebirth made it sound like there was some meta stuff going on

shame Johns isn't writing anything more due to movie stuff for now though

Liefeld also said BvS was good. He seems like the kinda guy who just likes everything.

>he's overall not one of his favorite characters.
That doesn't mean he hates him.

I haven't seen any leaks but one of the interviews said it was basically 4 chapters with different themes. I'll see if I can find it.

That was a little stronger than a suggestion, imo. Like if they don't do it now they just look retarded.

yeah but Barry broke Thawne's neck so it's not like he has any right to get on his high horse

although to be fair Ollie is a total dick to Hal frequently so I'm not surprised Barry butted in

johns said he was gonna co-write rise of the seven seas this year with abnett and has started working on it

and this whole rebirth thing is clearly a 1-2 year build up to a new event book, with jason fabok on art (they said sometime ago they have another project lined up with each other)

BvS was good. Stop the memes.

"The themes of [DC Universe: Rebirth] divide into four chapters," Johns explains. "The first one is about loss. It focuses on what perhaps has gone missing in our comic books, when it comes to the DC Universe. And historically what the DC Universe really is.

"The second chapter is about legacy. That's the main thing I feel has been lost from the DC Universe from the New 52 reboot. We're showing a kind of secret side of the DC Universe, where legacy comes into play again.

"The next chapter is love, and it's all about the love that's in the DC Universe...and that which has disappeared from the DC Universe.

"The fourth chapter is titled 'Life,' which is about both the end and beginning of life."

The catalog also cites "Five moments and mysteries you won't want to miss in DC Universe: Rebirth #1."

The are:

LINE OF FIRE - "There will be the mysterious death of a character."

HEROES RETURN - "You'll see three characters reintroduced to the DC Universe...with the promise of more."

REVELATIONS - "A secret that dives into the very nature of why the DC Universe is the way it is."

THE DARK KNIGHT - "Batman will become focused on a mystery that will change every thing he knows about his greatest villain."

MULTIVERSAL MAYHEM - "A secret is exposed about the nature of the DC Universe, and why it lost what it lost-and will introduce the greatest threat it has ever faced.:

sauce and apparently this is in the previews magazine: newsarama.com/28798-report-jsa-1980s-jla-red-trunked-superman-more-return-in-dc-s-rebirth.html

>it was basically 4 chapters with different themes.
Aren't there also like 4 artists on it? It's also got aorund 4 issues worht of content in it

Johns is writing an unannounced book that spins off out of Rebirth.

A lot of us think it's either Legion or a Wally West solo.

Fabok and Reis are likely to be on art since they don't have books at the moment and both have hinted at working with him.

I'm hoping it's Legion. It could really use a strong comeback.

That was stated way before the movie promotion last night. Things change quickly.

I don't know what they'll do if he really can't do that build up and all

The Hanna-Barbera launch with Future Quest weirdly gave me a lot of encouragement about Rebirth. Because hey, if DC can launch a new line with something half-way decent, maybe they can have a successful relaunch of the DCU, too.

Why do people always confuae character views for writers

>THE DARK KNIGHT - "Batman will become focused on a mystery that will change every thing he knows about his greatest villain."
already know what this is. they're revealing joker's name in jl #50 and this is exploring those ramifications

The legacy chapter also has a section focusing on ted kord and jaime reyes they said

Don't bring this bullshit here.

Yeah, Frank, Reis, van Sciver, and Jimenez

It's just a not-so-subtle remake of Reign of the Supermen.

Yeah. Van Schiver, Reis, Jimenez and Frank.

>The legacy chapter also has a section focusing on ted kord and jaime reyes they said

That's good. Hopefully it'll get people interested in their book.

What three characters are being reintroduced?

One is clearly classic Wally West but what other major heroes are missing at the moment?

DiDio said something about DC having big plans for M'Gann and J'onn at some point so I could see one of them being her.

Who else has a chance of returning?

They still haven't announced Justice League of America, Earth-2 is setting itself up for an complete reboot, JSA is a strong possibility.

IT'S PRIME TIME

Don't expect the bro who scans to have it Monday. I could explain why, but that would give away too much about them.

Ted could count as a return even though he was briefly seen already.

>Johns is writing an unannounced book that spins off out of Rebirth.
Source? And he didn't say so in the Rebirth announcement panel

>27%

ok buddy

Ted Kord in Blue Beetle is clearly completely different from the version on the last page of Forever Evil

One can only hope!

Earth-2 will probably reboot into a JSA book and they'll be merged during the next crisis.

daily reminder to look at Star Wars 7's RT score

>"""""""critics"""""""

Fuck off, we're here to talk about comics. Go back to

what if johns is writing JLA and its just classic versions of characters, wally, superman, whoever else is brought back, doing high-level multiverse shit?

If Johns was going to write it he can't now since he got the movie promotion. He said he'll have to stop writing for a little while.

seriously fuck off and do this in some other thread, the only movie discussion here should be how the promotion affects Johns' future output

Wow an entertaining well-paced movie that's only flaw is its lack of innovation got a good score?

Seems to make sense to me, since BvS is basically the exact opposite of that.

Is Rebirth gonna effect Vertigo at all?

The only thing that'll affect Vertigo is how shit the sales are

Seriously, some of them are hanging around with the Aftershock books.

Vertigo is dead except for Astro City, Sheriff of Babylon and American Vampire.

Young Animal looks like it could be good.

I don't know what's going on with Vertigo. A bunch of series ending without any announcement of new ones yet and fired a good editor without replacement. It's weird.

Sheriff's sales are shit so Batman better work his magic.

he's a big captain

She got laid off because they're restructuring Vertigo completely. There may not be an equivalent to her when they're done.

Guys, please, wake up.

And they offered her another job but she turned it down because it was a lower position.

>John's
Damn Rob you've known this guy for years get your shit together

Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

Back to the reservation, Indiean.

>wtf captcha

She was also involved with Young Animal though. Timing is odd.

Maybe it'll make sense if/when they announce some plans.

King seems pretty convinced he's getting volume 2

Yeah, I figured it would be JLA. That title is completely a blank slate, yet they haven't exactly "cancelled" it, either. Regardless of whether Johns is writing it, I think JLA is going to be a "big" title that carries the weight of Rebirth for the entire 1-2 years.

Still, it raises the question of the writer is interesting. The new blood -- King, Williamson, and some others -- have too many projects, even if they only took a 1/4 of the book. Rucka might do it; **maybe** Morrison, though that's doubtful. Seeley, Hitch, and even Scott Snyder are only on one book each, so they're a possibility.

>doesn't use legacy captcha

Wow. Truly, there is no hope for big two fans

>Prime
>Knock Knock
>Prime was sent to our Earth
>Knock Knock
>Prime has become a comic reader on our Earth
>Knock Knock
>Who's that knocking at the door
>Main Rebirth trailer is the heroes of the DCU reaching out and extending their hands
>Multiversity ends with Justice Incarnate attempting to reach Earth 33 to stop Empty Hand
>Empty Hand is the comic fans of Earth 33
>Prime is a comic fan from Earth 33
>Empty Hand is Prime
>The Rebirth is Prime's
>Prime controls the Gentry
Ping ping, he's coming Sup Forums, the bell that signals the all over has been wrung, the end is near

despite that one twitter post of his being a joke, I bet they pull hickman out of their ass

"you thought secret wars was big? YOU AINT SEEN NOTHIN YET"

Remember King, Johns, and Snyder were supposedly talking about shit a couple of months back.

Seeley has a double shipping book and like 2-3 other non DC books

Really if Johns was the writer of JLA, I am very curious to see who they get to replace him. Fabok and Reis were obviously working with Johns on something, and them and the JLA name along could probably carry the book.

The wikipedia page for Secret Wars is the 5th longest.

Even if he wasn't, JLA is clearly the flagship (because Hitch's book ain't), and who the hell could be writing it

uuuu

>Wow an entertaining well-paced movie that's only flaw is its lack of innovation got a good score?

Well how could they not? The movie is literally A Renewed Hope.

4u

>Wally West solo.
Take my money

Sheriff actually had some of the best sales out of the Vertigo launch. Clean Room is the only one that consistently beat it.

It's funny, because you could argue that the 8000 people who buy Omega Men make up the ~7000 people who buy Sheriff of Babylon.

Fuck off Sup Forums.

Probably roughly true.