Tom Hardy, Idris Elba and Tom Hiddleston in Talks To Play 'Geralt of Rivia'

deadline.com/2017/05/netflix-the-witcher-tv-series-shortlist-revealed-1202095698/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UgYoKVUPD8Y
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idris--on-short-list-for-witcher-coming-2018-1005189
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>having Idris play anyone is not a meme

>Idris Elba
lmao

It's only a meme because he's considered for fucking everything.

neither of those are good options

Idris Elba is black (call me racist, but the lead actor in a tv-show based on polish folklore SHOULD BE WHITE)

Tom Hardy is too small

Tom Hiddleston is too suave & gentle

i unironically hope it's Idris so people get mad

I don't give a fuck.
I like all of those people.
I'm not so sensitive that I give a fuck about black people or pretty boys being considered for a role... all that matters is the end product and if they do the role justice.
Everyone thought Batfleck would be shit but he was surprisingly good.

>king foltest, i'm school of the wolf

Considered for fucking everything by who? Separate Sup Forums from real life, you massive idiot.

>idris Elba is black (call me racist, but the lead actor in a tv-show based on polish folklore SHOULD BE WHITE)

tell that to dark tower

Idris Elba cast as Oprah in upcoming biopic.

Geralt has to be an American actor. Literally every Witcher in the games have American accents
>Geralt
>Lambert
>Vesemir
>Eskel
All American accents

Go fucking kill yourself.

That's why we need Mads

Idris Elba is overrated in anything that isn't a British crime drama.

How many of these fake links are you going to make today, OP?

>American accents
youtube.com/watch?v=UgYoKVUPD8Y

you've got to be fucking kidding me

idris is black and the other two dudes are too young and heir faces are too round.

Just put a white wig on Anson Mount and call it a day.

dark tower = set in weird fucked up fantasy universe that isnt really based on anything (the place Roland comes from is like this weird cowboy-wizard-utopia set in some weird whatever). It doesnt matter then if he's black, but when you have a traditional folklore-esque universe entirely based in polen, the people in that story should be representative of people from polen (particularly around the era in which the story is set). there werent any niggers in medieval polen

fag

>Idris Elba

I'd laugh my ass off. Serves this trash source material right.

>you've got to be fucking kidding me

Good news retard, if you opened the link you would know he actually is, he made a Little Mermaid thread too.

Hiddleston is too feminine and Hardy is not sarcastic enough.
Elba is too nigger

Just put a bunch of botox in Zebrowski and force him to dye his beard and not wear the horrible costume from the old TV show

Tom, you don't button both of the buttons!

This should be Vigo's chance to step up.

who honestly believes the fucking ceo of cdkprojekt will allow a nigger to play Geralt?

Why not him?
>danish
>actually look like Geralt
>look at that jaw carven by God himself

Of course there were niggers in medieval polen, you forgot about all the poles.

Idris is a meme actor but he's black, BANE is a meme actor, tom is a meme actor who is gay

It's not set in poland you tard, but some other dimension, it's clear that most humans originally came from central Europe though, just like the elfs came from somewhere else too.

Who honestly believes a video game company that only owns the game rights has any say in the making of the movie? You're a retard

Geralts race is not important, elba would do fine

>literally all British
Can't blame them, we do have the best actors.

if there were, they were getting killed pretty fast
and if there were a few who somehow got along... well, if you make the lead actor black in this context, it wouldnt make sense unless his blackness was directly relevant to how every single person he met would treat him. the entire show would just be "strong proud black man in fantasy world"

>actually look like Geralt

>Can't blame them, we do have the best actors.

Yeah the whole country acts like refugees are A-OK and taking muslim dick in every orifice is progressive and natural.

>Geralts race is important, elba would a horrific choice
Fixed, niggerlover.

>Geralt should be black
>The Fucking White Wolf should be a negro
>The albino looking pale as a corpse motherfucker should be a coon
The fuck is wrong with y'all

Not an arguement

Wouldn't have voted out of the EU if we acted that way.

Stop bumping the thread, OP

lol at everyone buying this.

>Idris Elba as Gerald of Riverdale

>what is facial hair

Is Sup Forums gaining the power to meme things into existence too?

Well, just solved how we get a Polish actor then.

Can't be sure with US and British retardation.

you're telling me the ceo of the company who made the game has no say in the making of the movie whatsoever? doesn't work that way friendo

Kino

Idris Elba is a better choice than Hiddleston.

Geralt is described as ugly.

CDProjekt doesn't own the rights to the witcher franchise, they just own the name 'The Witcher' and they're allowed to use the world and characters. The drunken polack who wrote the books stills owns the rights, and he's the one advising the Netflix series. CDProjekt isn't going to have anything to do with the netflix series.

>also, has anyone noticed that the OP link doesn't work? Is it fake?

Witcher games are literally fanfiction, Geralt is not an attractive man

The people who made the animated intros and trailers are working on it though.

I don't think he's ever described as ugly in the books, I know he's described as having an ugly smile. He's an odd looking motherfucker, that's for sure, but it seems like women find him more interesting looking than ugly

Mads Mikkelsen it is then.

>drunken polack

DELET THIS KURWA

too good looking actually

Yes, but not CDProjekt. Also do we know if its going to be CGI or live action yet? Also, since CDProjekt owns the name 'The Witcher,' whats the show going to be called?

Witcher fags are annoying, they should choose Elba just for that

C'mon Mr Sapkowski, we all know that the last two books in the series are a fucking mess. Put down the wodka and write a better ending

Why is Idris Elba """in talks""" for literally every single fucking role but in the end never gets any role, not one?
He was in talks for Bond, in talks for this, ugh can't they just actually fucking cast him for something for once!? Give him a role already!

Hexer, or they just use the witcher, pretty sure they wouldn't mind, also it will be live action.

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/idris--on-short-list-for-witcher-coming-2018-1005189

The Witcherr

I know, gosh! They should just give him all of our wives while they're at it, he really deserves it! It really is the fault of the fucking wh*te males for not giving him these roles, ugh!

Gtfo cuck

I hope Elba plays this gayme hero. That way fans of other franchises can see how it is to have your hopes ruined.

Fake link, just like the OP

GWYNNBLEID

THE WHITE WOLF

Most of the sorcerers who meet him get all dripping wet in their panties in the books

Exactly, but I think that's because he's a rough and grizzled manly man, while mages are usually surrounded with dainty fucks

Just realised they took his fringe and just copy pasted it to his upper lip. What shitty art.

How do you articulate that you don't want a white character played by a black man without sounding "racist?"

petition when?

>Idris Elba

Why do they keep shoving that nigger down our throats?

Its fake, someone did the mustache in photoshop

BADA BING BADA BOOM GET THIS WITCHER OUTTA MY ROOM!

Because he's gonna play Vilgefortz

I honestly hope Idris gets it, not just because I think he's a good actor, but to watch the massive butthurt from stormweenies.

>People still think this list is real
Did any of you fucks even try the link? They literally just announced that they were making this, they don't have a shortlist yet

I love Anson mount

this.

you must've never seen american or british media

Bump

Meaning?

Nice try, faggot.

WE WUZ KURWA MAC

Aren't these the front runners for Bond? I've only played Witcher 3 but I didn't think there was much overlap.

Faggot

>Sup Forumsirgin manchildren anal devastation

Well worth it desu

>scrotes not checking the link

this we need mads he has that ice cold look

director said he's too old, even though he's the drunk slav's pick
he'd fit for latter day Geralt, but they'll probably start with someone mid/late 30s so they can age into later seasons better

I guess I was the only one that actually clicked on the link and found out you were full of shit, OP.