Not American Beauty.
It's a good film though.

Greatest film of all time

Are you me, m8?

eek eek no no

This thread is dildos
No movie has ever been good

A Clockwork Orange

Godfather Part II is the greatest film ever made.

Synecdoche, New York

"The world only makes sense if you force it to" - Bruce Wayne, BvS
Simply. Genius.

only plebbitor brainlets who went to film school would mention this self-indulgent pile of shit

Apocalypse Now

so many buzzwords

M, by Fritz Lang

Rules of the Game

kung fu hustle

>pleb answer
God father

>pseudo intellectual answer
Citizen Kane

>patrician answer
Vertigo

>ascended Cinematic master answer
Sherlock Jr

Inb4 citizen meme
probably is, though. Or The Secret Garden

[Spoiler]fag kills the dad because he wouldn't fuck him[/spoiler]

I swear faggots are the most vile creatures

ow the edge, are you lost lad?

Stole mine. Hesitant to say best because I haven't seen many of the super classics like Godfather, Citizen Kane, Vertigo, etc. still. But easily my favorite. Charlie Kaufman in general is the best human of all time.

kys. Self-indulgence is part of why it's great.

It's like I'm really on Sup Forums!

this

Found the guy that plays bum darts

GoodFellas.

Lawrence of Arabia

It has yet to be made.

Let's see how much shit I get...

It's "uhhhhgh suburbs" schlock. Brainlets may enjoy it and think it's saying something original or important but it's not

>Watch American Beauty as a teenager
>wow best movie ever I understand life

>Watch American Beauty as an adult
>what a piece of shit how the fuck did it win 5 oscars the awards must be rigged

Whoa... b-bravo, Nolan.

Same. I remember watching it in my senior year of high school and thinking it was pure genius. Then I rewatched it six years later and was like "Jesus Christ this is shit."

If I was going for a respectable answer I'd probably say Intolerance or something but personally I love Hard to be a God

Gran Torino
I wish all movies had this many bad ass moments and this many feels

It's not deep at all. You should learn how to deal with your feelings instead of blaming a movie.

Grave of the Fireflies

its themes hadn't had the time to age so poorly when it was released. repressed gays, suburban suffocation, angsty kids--all of these are considered normal-to-trite topics now, but they were relatively edgy at the time.

Genuinely believe this

I rewatched FWWM the other day, and the opening shot featured a CRT television with the most intricate patterns of static undulating across the surface of its screen, perhaps in parallel to the series intro and the river motion in it.
I wonder if that effect was contrived, or just another one of many happy coincidences related to electricity on that show.

This to be quite honest with you all.

The Fifth Element

Film Scientists such as myself determined this to be the correct answer years ago. Fuck you if you disagree.

Ordet

Without a doubt the greatest film ever.

It's not the best film ever made, but it is the best comic book film ever made, next to logan.

I can get down with these answers. Certainly some of the all time best

this

youtube.com/watch?v=lB95KLmpLR4

i'll give you shit for posting from your phone and using ellipses like a redditor, though