Mark Hamill claimed George Lucas nonchalantly told him over lunch a new Star Wars trilogy was going to be made by...

>Mark Hamill claimed George Lucas nonchalantly told him over lunch a new Star Wars trilogy was going to be made by Disney, and if he did not want to be involved, Luke Skywalker would simply be written out of the script. However, Hamill immediately agreed to reprise the role. Hamill admitted, however, that he pretended to also be nonchalant about it so it didn't seem like he was excited for the role. He also said within five seconds Carrie exclaimed she'd do it and asked if there was a part for her daughter

fag, fuck off, u2 OP, stupid faggy post.

Looks like he was JUST'd all along.

Should have done it without them. Those grouchy old assholes are more trouble than they're worth

based review screw

>Don't you understand, this massive media franchise is actually very special and deep and magical and please don't take it away from me ;_;

>2017
>giving a shit about ledditwars

That car accident didn't finish the job.

I feel your pain, user. It's okay..it's okay..

You're on Sup Forums. You aren't better than anyone else because you mock people for caring about fictional stories, go away faggot.

Ya'll are just talking shit. You know he's right. It's all soulless formulas and rehashes now.

I'm here, but I typically don't consume any of the trash media that you all do. Faggot.

>Carrie exclaimed she'd do it and asked if there was a part for her daughter

>I don't know Carrie, can she snort coke off a dick as well as you could at her age?

>so uh Disney's going to make the new movies and they might ruin your character along with the series itself. still want to do it?
>yeah I guess ($$$)

literally me

>meanwhile he's in the thread and took the time to reap everything in the OP

Do you really think anyone on this God's green earth would turn down $10 mil over a chance that "Disney might ruin your character"?

Most, no. Some, yes.

Marvel is as culturally relevant to the world as Star Wars was. It's not that big of a deal if the new Star Wars movies aren't that great, the Marvel movies make up for them.

There is already a generation where MCU is as culturally relevant to them as Star Wars is to previous generations.

Star Wars has 8 movies in their franchise and out of those 8, 4 are pure crap, 2 are mediocre and two ones are great. The MCU has 15 movies in their franchise. Out of those 15 there are 4 mediocre ones, 6 more then good ones and 5 really really good films.

Star Wars did it first but they took a lot away from the initial magic with the prequels and a copy of the first film. The MCU is unprecedented in movie history. A shared universe like this has never been done before the MCU and until now the other attempts are nowhere close to be on the same level.

In fact you could state that with the stand alone spin off movies Star Wars is trying to set up an extended shared universe for themselves. STAR WARS IS COPYING MARVEL.

A long line of planned out, linked films of generally very good quality is ultimately better than a saga that was made up as it went along and is about 50% turd.

Dave Chappelle did, even more.

It's called keeping your artistic integrity.

Mark didn't need the money, he could've easily coasted on Con appearances and Joker voiceovers.

But he got greedy, and thus paid the ultimate price.

>artistic integrity
>Star Wars

The fact that your generation has duped yourselves into believing there are no more surprises/"everything's already been done" meme, just make you look weak. you've traded your souls, and for what? It actually scares me how utterly unremarkable Millennials are, since they're the biggest group since Boomers. Even the fucking Boomers dared to dream, and perhaps Gen Z will once again, but YOU motherfuckers...you're devoid. I guess you could blame Boomers and Gen X for foisting a complete and total "rerun culture" onto you, but you just took it lying down, like fucking bitches.

You're all just "so far above and beyond" everyone else because you don't believe in no magical wizard men from the sky, have all this knowledge at your fingertips and don't have a shred of the critical thinking skill necessary to determine what's useful from what's not. Clickbait tabloid thrive under you faggots, as just one example. Holy fucking shit.

>belittles the franchise just to soften the blow of its current downfall

Pathetic.

The problem with millennials is they don't have Jesus.

only autismo brainlets view star wars as some sort of sacrosanct, high-art piece above all alteration or interference. a thinking man in Hamil's situation would agree to participate for $10 mil even if they literally turned Luke into a heel-wearing, woman-identifying, cum-eating cuckold.

>m-mark didn't make the single biggest career

Listen, you stupid motherfucker - damn right I am savvy to the jewish advertising tricks that want to con me into believing in "the magic" so they can sell me a cinema ticket. Damn right I cynically abuse this system to satisfy my urges while making rolling my eyes and producing ironic memes. Damn right, you stupid motherfucker. I'm a Millennial and we didn't set this world on fire but fuck you if you think we're not going to warm our marshmellows on it .You want us to save you? Don't make me laugh, old man. Save you? I wouldn't spit on. Eat my shit.

negro if you know shit about the franchise you know basically all of it was stolen

Kys

This desu.

he's a c-list celebrity whose most notable achievement in the last three decades has been doing voice overs for a cartoon. if the purported numbers are to be believed, he doubled or even tripled his net-worth by agreeing to this role. that can be called one of the greatest career moves ever made.

Why not?
It's not like he's doing Lucas franchise rape trash like the prequels or Crystal Skull

Based Review Screw

Then he went and sold to Netflix after realizing he needed some money.

Yeah, ten years later plus on his own terms.

Star Wars is modern mythology.

Marvel is comic book fag shit.

Having watched a lot of Chappelle's interviews, I've never bought the "being my own man, not a corporate whore" shtick. I think that's just his way of rationalising his inability to make another season for whatever reason. Perhaps he couldn't handle the increasing pressure of having to continue such a critically acclaimed work. Perhaps he had writers block. Perhaps he was just burntout.

Bump

In fairness, he can't have known how bad it would be.. did any of us?

Even more depressing

I'm pretty sure it was that he thought he was more highbrow than he really was

Star Wars is hot garbage, as is Disney. The only movie I've seen in full is Episode 1, not willingly either.

Upvote

it's so true, it hurts

Are you implying reddit is anti Star Wars/Disney?

>"You try to not let it get to you. I mean I know they're trying to reach a new generation and they're going to have to make some changes to do that because youth culture is a moving target. I get that. I was prepared to pass the torch to a younger generation of actors so that maybe the magic of Star Wars could live on. But then one day I get a list of the lead actors.'John Boyega? I haven't heard of him.' so I do a quick search and it just hits me. It's like a hundred pounds of lead just hit me in the stomach. They did it. They cast a fucking nigger. Now I'm not a racist and I know we've had blacks before, but not in a lead role; not in a role that's meant to be someone kids can look up to: a role model. The whole thing is disgusting. I wash my hands of this. Disney can go fuck themselves."

Jesus Christ

Wow really Mark?

>5 really really good films

>muh essense of starwars

what a baby

>Out of those 15 there are 4 mediocre ones, 6 more then good ones and 5 really really good films.
lets not kid ourselves here only Ironman 1 was good rest are trash

Avatar is the ultimate pleb filter.

>The problem with millennials is they don't have Jesus.
I know, right?

they've been milking star wars dry since the 80s.
are you guys so young you can't even remember that Lucasfilm was just as money hungry in the early 2000s as they are now?

>Did all the hard work when you're younger during the first set of movies.
>Getting paid millions just to stand on some rock in the middle of nowhere and don't even have to say a line
>Get paid more with the bump in Star Wars attention
>Next movie is maybe just sitting and saying 10 lines before dying off or something
>All this from some sci-fi series for families and strange die hard fans
>Implying you wouldn't in a heartbeat

When I took my 20 year old sister to see Episode VII she actually asked me if it was connected to the other movies and if there would be a sequel. In that moment I realized that my sister didn't care about Star Wars, she just cares about the zeitgeist. Episode VII got a lot of hype, so she was hyped. Same with Gaurdians of the Galaxy. She loves those movies because of Groot, but she would never be able to tell me who Ego the Living Planet is supposed to be. Ah well.

I knew Star Wars was dead after VII came out. He knew even before that. God, in two years NO ONE will care about Star Wars. This yearly movie thing is a ploy for fast cash, but it kills the IP. They know this, they just don't care. There can only be about 4 more years of Star Wars movies before they start tanking. The artistry is already completely dead. I wish we had seen Georges vision. I'm not joking in the slightest.

YOU'RE NOT A REAL NERD SIS!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah, thank god you can just discard someone's opinion as soon as they mention it.

I almost wish George would have done it just to see how batshit insane it would have been. Would Darth Insanius have been the main villain?

>being THIS much of an utter fucking pleb you're too stupid to even understand what he's saying

>A shared Universe like this has never been done before

Well, yeah. It's kind of annoying to see these big productions made based on stuff you like, only to find you aren't even the demographic and the films aren't made for you, that's pretty annoying.

>shared universe
Time to leave reddit

who is going to be the abbot and costello of marvel?

meant for

Can you quote anything from any Marvel movie? Can you hum a theme from any single one of them? How are they culturally relevant?

>being so dumb the joke goes right over your head.
Oh, the ironing.

as someone who was autistically into star wars all their childhood

its a real dissapointment that these movies are just a rehash of what is arguably the most boring period in star wars

with its surging popularity and the expanded universe that was introduced all the shit built around the games that were released over the last 20 years is far more fucking interesting than muh rebellion

Marvel shits out multiple movies a year and people still eat it up. Starwars will be fine for a decade then we can look forward to the revisionist remakes.

This. I am sick of fucking REBELS and all the focus on the OT recently. It's so boring compared to the politics of the prequels. I mean, generic evil Empire vs generic rebellion (literally just called The Rebellion and The Galactic Empire, I mean fucking REALLY??) is so much less interesting than the political coup that started that empire. George understood this. Disney does not.

Actually, a big inspiration for the story formulation of the original trilogy was both Carl Jungs Man and his Symbols, and The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell.

It perfectly encapsulates the archetypal hero's story. And children eat it up because it rings true with the intrinsic nature of man and his desire to rise above his circumstances. So, i'd say it's one of the most important pieces of cinema to date. Even today.

But you forget Marvel was the first company do do that. And you can clearly see the decline in interest in those. As weird as it sounds, though, I don't think Star Wars has as much staying power in the current climate as Marvel.

I agree. Star Wars is extremely important. I also really like that you brought up Carl Jung and the meta-hero. I've been inspired by that stuff - and how it fits into Star Wars specifically - recently and it's immensely fascinating. The light and the dark exist within every individual. Star Wars has great concepts.

>When I took my 20 year old sister
Wut?

Checked though.

The very concept of the hero's journey against the tyrannical father, to ultimately become the wise king, is almost universal throughout male archetypal hero's in fiction. And it is very fascinating to deconstruct star wars. It's both blatantly apparent and quite well hidden through the fantasy setting obscuring easy interpretation.

No wonder turbo autists fall in love with it.

This

>I was only pretending to be retarded

If you could take every human thought and emotion that ever existed and arranged them in a globe-like configuration with the more frequently-experienced thoughts and emotions, across humanity, at the center, and becoming less and less common as you move toward the outside of the globe. At the center you would find what it means to be human. The emotions and thoughts experienced by every living human being. I'm just losing myself in the thoughts of where and how the Hero's story began and how it grew throughout time. But it would originate very near the center of that globe.

Of the new Marvel Films over 10 of them are forgettable and maybe one or two of them are just "okay" and you have become a faggot.

who
fucking
cares

Not this

Prequel Trilogy was actually good and tried new things

Well I think it runs of the same nostalgia trip that makes marvel as popular as it is, and between the two if those movie goers get bored of one, there is always the other. As it stands, star wars films are like cultural events that people go to just so they say they can.

Even with their reduced popularity they still print money.

The new films have 0 imagination.

>I don't think Star Wars has as much staying power

WTF!? i dont really like star wars but you cannot deny that it has and will continue to stay relevant i mean jfc people sperged the fuck out both times new trilogies were released'

OR this is bait...

Just wait and see.

VII was literally a remake, so yeaah

They're extruded film products. Literally space soap opera.

Iron Man 1 and GotG1 are good, the rest are all shit though

Is Review Screw, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

He's just another loser Nolan fanboy

He's right though about Blade Runner and Denis.

Fuck you, Puke Shitsucker.

He really isn't.

Enemy, Prisoner and Sicario are all better than anything Nolan has ever done.

>

He's right about Denis at least

Also dubs

I know the IMDB message boards got shut down but maybe you're better off on Reddit.

What did he mean by this?