Is torture necessary?

Is torture necessary?

Maybe not but who cares?

yes

You the day a totalitarian governement is created.

Nah, but I imagine it to be rather satisfying.

No, torture is fun.

Necessary? Is it necessary for me to drink my own urine? No, but it's sterile and I like the taste.

Yes.

War is horrible. Winning can often be horrible, though so can childbirth, and yet it is necessary for the survival of a species.

We must all do some horrible things in life to protect what is most dear to us, and if that means torture- so be it.

No torture is one of the worst ways to gather information. Espionage is vastly superior in every way.

>Espionage is vastly superior in every way.
You can't always practically commit espionage with the resources available. Besides, torture worked well enough getting to bin Laden.

Probably not but as long as it's muslims I don't really give a shit.

Should probably do it far more invasively, like the frogs did in Algeria, etc., none of this watersports shit.

Sometimes but that doesn't mean there should be an official torture program.

No but it's fun

Is anyone really gonna care if you torture ISIS?

For fun? No. For getting information or sending a message? Yes. For revenge? Sometimes.

Not really, but against enemy combatants, who cares? Like maybe if we're at war with another country that will adhere to laws.

But muslims rape and behead prisoners. So who fucking cares?

The biggest issue is that torture is not very reliable. We need better brain-scanning technologies.

It's fun to do.

I don't know, but I don't really care anymore. If it's to destroy Islam then so be it.

I remember reading/hearing that torture is very uneffective for gaining reliable intelligence. Based on that I'm against it.

However, If that's wrong and it actually works reliably, I'd say it's okay if deemed necessary.

Necessary? No but I'm tired of this modern idea that torture is completely ineffective.

No. I don't think people have ever really believed it's for anything other than revenge, though. The ticking time bomb scenario is just an excuse people use to make it look less barbaric. It's done for revenge and sadism for sadism's sake.

It should be abolished and it's a muslim tier tactic, but it will never go away. It'll just be done in secret instead.

>Necessary? No but I'm tired of this modern idea that torture is completely ineffective.

It's complete horseshit.
Libs are pretending that the military tortures completely random goatherds off the fields all the time to gain information.
They say it's effective, but of course they'd believe that "a tortured subject will say anything to stop the torture."

Torture someone who has actual information and they'll sing like a canary.

not* effective

>I remember reading/hearing that torture is very uneffective for gaining reliable intelligence. Based on that I'm against it.

It is when you use it like a retarded 8 year old rather than as part of a multi level multi source intelligence gathering operation.

For example bad application:

Capture one person torture them and ask them a single question, where is Mr X.
Get the answer Mr X is in Y city and then go to way city looking for Mr X.

Good application:

Have from many other sources indications that Mr X is in Y city.

Ask where Mr X might stay if he went to Y city.
Get the answer in Z hotel.

Then ask why Z, the ask why in Y, then ask where X might not be and why he thinks he might be in Z in Y.

Add Y and Z as possible locations, go back and question other sources about Y and Z see if anything fits.

Lib cucks will

No it isnt, Special Interogation techniques however

What did they do user

Some people deserve it
It only should be applied after the criminal is judged not to make him confess

The better question is: is torturing your enemies fun?

>Yes, yes it is.

>still no picture of dead bin Laden
really makes you think

Hasn't it been proven that breaking someone's spirit or putting them in such intense agony that they say anything to make it stop completely worthless?

If you're bored and a sadist there is a video on live leak where they torture some guy by burning plastic over him while he is handcuffed to a dead guy. Probably the most brutal vid in a while

No, but it's funny.

They will either tell you what you need to know or you'll torture them until they tell you what you want to know.