Nu-heroes

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea of a hero was that of a great person who everyone should aspire to be.

The problem I have with fat Squirrel Girl, nigger Spider-Man, dyke Captain Marvel, etc. is that they're undesirables who no one wants to aspire to be. It defeats the purpose

Has political correctness overtaken what it means to be a hero, or are they simply trying to redefine the word?

Current list I have of degenerating heroes:

Female Thor
Black Captain America
Muslim Ms. Marvel
Asian Hulk
Black Wally West
Muslim Doctor Fate
Muslim Captain Britain
Gay Alan Scott
Gay Iceman
Mexican Nova
Angela's transgender partner
Batgirl's transgender roommate
Daredevil's announced illegal alien sidekick
Gay Indian Giant-Man
Fat Squirrel Girl
Asian Mercy Graves
Adopted Tony Stark
Butch Carol Danvers
Pregnant out of wedlock Spider-Woman

>Muslim Doctor Fate

REEEEEEE

isn't the point of a hero to do good and the right thing regardless of who or what you are?

No, it's about being angry at comic books.

That's Sup Forums. Sup Forums has nothing to do with comics or cartoons.

Maybe stop reading superheroes?

I mean, they're doing this to satisfy a market desire. One that's most likely not even there. So just stop reading? Lord knows that supers are a juvenile genre, anyway.

>Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the idea of a hero was that of an Aryan.
>The problem I have with fat Squirrel Girl, nigger Spider-Man, dyke Captain Marvel, etc. is that they're not Aryan.

Goddammit, Sup Forums

look, you mouth-breathing mong.
I've come to terms with the fact that you pussies can't allow yourselves to identify with anyone that isn't Captain White Male Protagman.
however, even the core basis of OP's thesis is flawed.

Heroes are characters that exhibit admirable qualities like courage and determination and self-sacrifice. They accomplish great things. Sometimes great and terrible things. Often times to tragic results.
Sometimes they do the right thing for the wrong reasons. Sometimes they do the wrong thing for the right reasons.
Heroes are not perfect beings and should never thought of as such. It's the fatal flaw of all the old DC heroes and that's why their movies are horrid. It's everything that Moore was trying to address with Watchmen and it's why Marvel has the more beloved stable of characters enjoying mainstream Hollywood success.

They are all flawed beings trying to do the right thing. They are not gods. (with some notable exceptions. And even the gods aren't perfect-- in keeping with mythological tradition.)

Political correctness might be the salve that is choking the creativity of pop culture, but as usual, you idiots can't see the bigger picture because the big scary gay, femnazi and negro boogiemans are scary.

Grow some balls and step outside of your redpill hugbox. There's a big world out here and it's fucking full of amazing stories from all walks of life.

delta detected

Here is your (you) happy now?

Carol Denvers is awesome. OP confirmed for dickless weirdo.

Miles as Spider-man works, if you take into consideration the fact that Peter Parker was a gigantic nerd. Despite that, he held a secret identity that even his own high school bully admired. The Spider-Man role proved he could be more, which is what it could do for Miles. (Hopefully resulting in a character that isnt just around to fill a token quota)

I'm honestly can't tell if you're being serious are or just trolling.

If you are being serious then I can easily explain this for you.

>First the MCU brought ravenous SJW into comics to constantly bitch about shit.

>Now the MCU brought int ravenous skin heads into comics to constantly bitch about shit.

Something went very very wrong in the timeline. We have to go back and stop the MCU from existing.

Why is everyone swallowing this obvious bait?

Isn't Miles the direct result of Pter being a hero?
I mean, he inspired Miles to be Spider-Man which was to make Miles rise above and be something better.

Isn't that the point?

I agree, but I think DC's failing at the moment due to the quality of their movies, not necessarily the characters being flawless gods. That was almost never really the case, even in the Silver-Age. Superman, for example, had the power of a god, but he was still a fun-loving jackass that tormented his friends at any opportunity he got. He wasn't perfect at all, and it was kind of the point because it was more comedy based. If anything, they're more like perfect gods NOW, with Batman being completely flawless and can do anything despite being human. Silver and even Bronze age Batman had limits.

In short, DC just needs to git gud.

Carol Danvers is ass, user. In every sense of the word, she's terrible with her only redeeming quality being her body.

I would fuck both of them

Basically they want to appeal to the tumblr crowd. Be ready for the feminine penis totally not mentally ill superhero.

Same

DELETE THIS THREAD

Jewish Tony Stark

>Waaah

The thesis is fine. Heroes ARE great people who everyone should aspire to be.
OP just has very specific aspirations and a whole lot of opinions on what constitutes great.
...You're that one swimsuitfag, aintcha?

I think they're MORE heroic.

Showing strength when you're fat, helping people when you're black, showing morals when you're a pervert, these are the things comics are about: an idealisation to inspire you even if you know it's ridiculous.

Here here.

>...You're that one swimsuitfag, aintcha?

Que? I'm just saying people don't care for Carol at all, the only reason she gets noticed is because of the fanservice she brings.

Read some Claremont & some Busiek, ya rube.

>there are people that actually share this opinion

NuSquirrel girl is cute though, I wanna grab her butt.

it's far too late for that now, user...

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl is a cute design, it's just that Henderson is a shit artist.

Why can I accept female protags in anime and manga but not in comics?
Probably because comic writers are hacks that don't know how to write a woman without shoveling politics and stupidity down the readers' throats.

>female protags
>anime and manga
For fuck's sake, get some standards. You cannot honestly believe the shit you are saying, can you? Yeah, a lot of comic book writers are hacks, and this trend of pushing agendas through the sacrifice of actual character sucks, but christ. Japan is not and has never been the place to look when seeking out decent female character writing, or even character writing in general. Super shit is childish fantasy, but manga writing has been asinine for decades with few exceptions to an otherwise awkward medium.

All comics and cartoons are shit according to Sup Forums