The fans have spoken. They don't like the direction Ridley went with Alien: Covenant

The fans have spoken. They don't like the direction Ridley went with Alien: Covenant.

Such a shame he had to cancel his original idea for a sequel to Prometheus and just do an Alien rip off that adds nothing new apart from David re-creating the Xenomorphs that the Engineers created thousands of years in the past (yet since Ridley leaves so much out, it is REALLY confusing to understand anything).

>The fans don't like it
>Average rating 7.2/10, higher than the critics

What did OP mean by this?

inbefore
>muh mystery ruined
>muh lore that never existed anyway
>muh xenomorph over exposure

FUCK OFF.

It's literally Prometheus if the characters were somehow even more retarded.
>so I told Oram to look in the creepy alien egg after he found me and my laboratory of flesh eating creatures that just decapitated his team. He actually did it the absolute madman.

Prometheus was never good, and I'm glad they dropped that retarded storyline. Give it up, you lost.

It's nothing like Prometheus, they completely ruined the engineers which were actually an interesting concept that needed to be fleshed out and now we'll never know

kill yourselves

i have no idea why this movie is being shit on so much. it seems more normie-friendly than Prometheus but maybe they were put off by the uncomfortable interactions between Walter and David? it wasnt perfect but i went in with low expectations and would probably rate the movie a 7.5/10 whereas Prometheus was like a 5.9.

What happened to the second neomorph? One of them was shot by captain guy after gnawing that one chick's head off, but iirc, the other one just sort of fucks off, and isn't seen again.

Sure, if you dismiss any valid criticism, you can have fun in your bubble.

because it was fucking terrible, worse than Prometheus in every single way. The characters, their actions, the set pieces, literally none of it made any sense. They were in an alien city and we literally didn't get a single comment from any character about it. There was no wonder or awe. It was literally a 1/10 movie, whereas Prometheus was a 7/10

I can't believe there are faggots here defending it

>Such a shame he had to cancel his original idea for a sequel to Prometheus and just do an Alien rip off
Prometheus is literally an Alien rip-off. The first 30 minutes are almost identical.
>meet crew
>find huge ship on planet
>land, enter ship
>retard gets rekt by ayylmao and brings it back on-board
>hilarity ensues

Are you blind? First one died in explosion

>Prometheus is literally an Alien rip-off. The first 30 minutes are almost identical.

So Alien Covenant was a Prometheus rip-off?

Did your mother drop you alot as a child?

>character actions made no sense
the characters and their actions were objectively less retarded than in Prometheus.
>The set pieces made no sense
not sure what youre referring to
>no comments about alien city or sense of awe
we really got enough of that with Prometheus. this movie made Prometheus feel necessary but it also carried the remaining Prometheus lore back over to a universe more resembling Alien. The pretentious need to dwell on a sense of 'awe' from Prometheus is something they clearly wanted to abandon this time around, and thats a good thing because Prometheus was hollow pretentious dogshit.

also concerning the characters not commenting on the alien city, at that point in the film they were no longer interested in exploring the planet, only in surviving long enough to escape.

>valid criticism

>They don't like the direction Ridley went
that's just because they're pussy niggers

If David created the current xenomorphs, why were all the facehugger eggs inside the Prometheus U spaceship thing?

You see it run away from the ship before it explodes, but someone shoots it shortly after.

That's part of the bonus situation

What the fuck is this?