They just put this up one Netflix

They just put this up one Netflix.

In retrospect, researching this. It's a pretty great mid-2000s super hero movie.

>super hero movie
Which is coincidentally why it's a bad FF movie.

Confirmed for never having read a single FF comic

It's pretty alright . It's better than the new movie

>pretty great
No it isn't.
Fine way to spend a couple hours if you've got nothing better to do, though.

I've said for a while that this movie screwed over the new one. Aside from Doom, they adapted the F4's origin pretty well. The new one couldn't get too close to the comics because 2005 already did it.

I rewatched it recently and thought it was terribly boring. Pretty good cast though except for Alba. Chiklis really had his heart in it.

Was it really even a superhero movie though? It was more of a cheesy superpower sitcom with superhero stuff bookending it. The Doom "fight" lasts all of a few minutes and is rather anticlimactic. I mean don't need action all the time but it's a weird approach to a movie.

Oh now people like this movie? Really?

No it absolutely is not, god this place is fucking retarded.

It was about as good as a superhero movie could be in 2005. It still had pacing issues and it always loses me mid-film.

>desperately clinging to Spider-Man's coattails
>pretty great
What's it like to be objectively wrong about everything all the time?

>Alicia was blackwashed
Fucking SJWs

Chiklis was perfect as the thing, Evans was really good as torch. Those are really the only good things that can be said.

Norman Doomsborn was a fucking problem.

But I always felt like they did a good job with the 4 themselves, they got that "bickering family" dynamic right.

I would venture to say though that it's impossible to make an F4 movie that people will actually like if you start at the origin. The characters don't get good until after the marriage and Franklin's birth.

>The new one couldn't get too close to the comics because 2005 already did it.
that's a pretty poor excuse.

Tone is about the same as the MCU, which I found interesting.

Plot is shit though. Standing around arguing idiotic shit until the last 5 minute battle. CGI or lack of thereof is also very noticeable.

Casting was always pretty fucking great besides invisible cunt. Silver Surfer and the Thing are perfectly cast, even if not perfectly brought to screen, visually. I wouldn't mind having those come back if they never show the origin or their life before it.

Cry prettier, Jessica.

That wasn't till the second one.

Is Tim Story living in a van down by the river?

>The new one couldn't get too close to the comics because 2005 already did it.
Which is why the new one went with the Ultimate origin, and actually adapted the ultimate origin about as well as the 2005 movie adapted the original one.

The problem is that it was a shit movie regardless.

And taking way too long to actually do anything super

Eh, it was alright. Not terrible but not terribly memorable

>It was about as good as a superhero movie could be in 2005
>same year Batman Begins came out
>years after X2 and Spider-Man 2
Okay.

I know this is Fox's, but this movie feels like any other MCU movie. I don't know why people hated this but loved the Thor movies, IM 2 and 3, TFA, and so on.

>I don't know why people hated this but loved the Thor movies, IM 2 and 3, TFA, and so on.
>I know this is Fox's

That's why. There are other cape films that I feel are on the same level as Thor but they somehow got a lower RT score. (And no I'm not one of those DURR DISNEY PAID OFF CRITICS! people but come on now.)

I'd argue the same of you if you consider the FF superheroes.

Yeah and back then nobody gave a fuck. My how things have changed.

>it's impossible to make an F4 movie that people will actually like if you start at the origin

Ahem

Netflix has had this on DVD and Blu-ray for quite awhile. Fuck Streaming.

No it doesn't you hyperbole guy

stop with that reddit meme. It's not FF and will never be. But it probably is one of the better capefilms ever.

I've always liked it.

Doom looked the part, at least

Doom was the only thing I ever liked about these movies

Is this movie's version of Johnny the only character in a superhero movie who gets super powers and is immediately super stoked about it and just wants to fuck around?

I really enjoy this because it's what would happen to like 99% of the population if they were granted powers.

I really enjoyed it and still do
Maybe my biggest problem is that the villains are not that interesting, but the FF themselves are great

Pretty sure Tobey Maguire Peter was excited as well,

>Pretty sure Tobey Maguire Peter was excited as well,
He used them in a retarded way to get money to afford a car.

Didn't the actor actually research the character,even had an accent ready and all and they just shut him down?