ITT Criminally underrated movies

ITT Criminally underrated movies

How come no one talks about this charming and fun but emotional fantasy movie? It's been one of my favorites since I was a kid and upon re watching it several times as an adult I find it holds up really well. Every time I re watch it I'm cautious that it might be shit and it's just nostalgia but I always end up really pleased and satisfied.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N_B3w186vLs
youtube.com/watch?v=Eaw9oONNF-A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

We do every once in awhile and yeah it holds up really well, it's surprisingly dark looking back, not overly so but you have themes like extinction, honor, betrayal of values, and ultimately redemption.

Bowen had a hard fucking life.

It's like the only good movie Dennis Quaid has ever been in.

He was in the Right Stuff, don't be like that.

Themes of extinction
>I AM THE LAST ONE
>do you delight in reminding me? yes, I do long for death, but fear it

Honor
>I serve the father only for the sake of the son. All my hopes rest on him. Forgive a doubting fool. Call when you need of me. Ask what you will of me. My sword, my service, are yours

Betrayal of values
>THEY WERE YOUR BELIEFS
>Never, never mine
>You spoke the code from your heart!
>I only spoke them because I couldn't stomach them, and because I knew it was what you wanted to hear!

Redemption
>You will never win until Einon's evil is destroyed and to do that you must destroy me!
>You are my friend
>Then as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE

Agreed. This movie is very emotional in a real way.

Funny enough I've never seen him in anything else, but I really enjoy his performance in this.

>A KNIGHT IS SWORN TO VALOR

>>Then as my friend, STRIKE PLEASE

The will to live after this act has to be staggering, Bowen at the end of that movie has so much tragedy and guilt on his shoulders that lesser men would have killed themselves but he chooses to go on if not for himself but in penance to those he failed and wronged.

It would hurt to have to do what he did, but he still had Cara, Gilbert, the townspeople, etc. to help him cope.

Still my favorite childhood movie. I actually watched it a few weeks ago, I cant believe the CGI for Draco is still holds up.

also until i rewatched it i didnt realize the actress who played Dizzy in starship troopers was even in it.

I cri errytime

Enemy Mine is his best movie though.

The lighting for draco for the time was absolutely top notch

>It would hurt to have to do what he did, but he still had Cara, Gilbert, the townspeople, etc. to help him cope.

Yeah that's true.

It helps that it's both CG and animatronics, even the daylight scenes look decent.

The CGI for Draco varies really. Sometimes it's decent by 1996 standards (awful today), sometimes it's passable, sometimes it's pretty good, especially in nighttime shots and in shots where it's raining. There's one scene in the movie where Draco walks toward the camera at night when it's raining (when they're at Avalon) and he literally looks real.

Dina Meyer was good in the movie too, and hot as fuck with that fire red hair. Probably wasn't her real hair though.

>To the stars, Bowen. To the stars.

how about a really criminally underrated movie?

wanna talk about criminally underrated? Did you know theres a third one?

Sorry man, I don't like any of those sequels/spinoffs whatever.

I watched that once when I bought the combo dvd roughly 12 years ago. It did not leave a lasting impression. I even tried watching 3 when it came out on Netflix and didn't make it 15 minutes in.

meant for

Yes. Ben Kingsly voiced the dragon, but without the heart. see

that shot in the rain was pure kino

The movie had some great kino in it, like the alternate poster, which thankfully was a shot in the movie.

damn im gonna go watch this again.

Didnt the kid who played Francis in malcom in the middle play the protagonist in this one?

Oh Christ he did...

music was GOAT in this movie

Best track on the score

youtube.com/watch?v=Eaw9oONNF-A

The accompanying scene is wonderful and a tearjerker.

Wow. I thought it was niel patrick harris this whole time.